SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

8 juin 2021 à 6 h 7
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,268
Quoting: mondo
I'm leaning towards a lot of problems with the team in the playoffs being resolved via coaching staff. I think Keefe needs to be more assertive and his assistants need to be replaced with more direct and experienced coaches. Don't get me wrong, I like Keefe, but these playoffs showed he trusts the top guys too much and doesn't want to be hard on him.

This is one of the best rosters the franchise has never had and it doesn't get there without the four forwards. A lot of teams would be in trouble of one of their top players was taken out after 10 minutes and the other two took a nap, this isn't a problem unique to Toronto. Rearrange the roster anyway you like the but the problems need to be addressed within the organization.

Montreal destroyed the Jets last night without Petry + Drouin. It's not the same, but good teams find ways to win.
8 juin 2021 à 7 h 43
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/460374?post_id=2396637
8 juin 2021 à 8 h 48
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Clayton Keller

I seriously doubt Armstrong is gonna part with Keller at this point
A_Habs_fan, BuFfaLOFaN, Zinger and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2021 à 13 h 36
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,881
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
I think you're misunderstanding the problem. Other teams know how to shut down Matthews + Marner and their depth isn't strong enough to cover up for it. (Montreal also shut down Winnipeg's top line, it's not a coincidence). But yeah, Dubas has no idea how to actually build a team. He's trying to slap players together and hoping it sticks.

Back to Marner + Matthews, you either blame them or Keefe, Keefe simply got outcoached in the first round. He showed no attempt at line matching and got beat everywhere because of it.

the **** are you smoking

Dubas built a strong team

If Marner and Matthews put even just 25% more effort and Muzzin did not get hurt half way through game 6 they would have won that game.

Literally 2 once in a lifetime turnovers gave Mtl the win in the series. Leafs came back TWICE from multi goal deficits with minimal effort to force OT. Leafs lost the series to themselves nothing more nothing less

MTL got lucky Wpg decided not to show up as reality is that team if they got serious would have won the series no question
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2021 à 13 h 39
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336
Quoting: aadoyle
the **** are you smoking

If Marner and Matthews put even just 25% more effort they would have won the series.

literally 2 once in a lifetime turnovers gave Mtl the win in the series. Leafs came back Twice from multi goal deficits with minimal effort to force OT twice. Leafs lost the series to themselves nothing more nothing less

MTL got lucky Wpg decided not to show up as reality is that team if they got serious would have won easily.

You're underestimating Montreal's playoff experience and the players, sure Winnipeg didn't show up much but the team absolutely deserved to win the series, Winnipeg showing up or not
KSIxSKULLS, BuFfaLOFaN et Remus a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2021 à 13 h 40
Hakuna Matata
Mentions "j'aime": 20,881
Doesn't matter as long as **** overpays like he usually does

Dubas has not overpaid for anyone in the last 2 offseason's lul

The only guy overpaid rn is marner and its only by a Mill
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2021 à 13 h 40
WentWughes
the **** are you smoking

If Marner and Matthews put even just 25% more effort they would have won the series.

literally 2 once in a lifetime turnovers gave Mtl the win in the series. Leafs came back Twice from multi goal deficits with minimal effort to force OT twice. Leafs lost the series to themselves nothing more nothing less

MTL got lucky Wpg decided not to show up as reality is that team if they got serious would have won easily.

Dubas built a team that had an identity problem. Sure on paper they looked good, but teams don't win games based on how they look like on paper. Montreal was one of the worse looking teams on paper that entered the playoffs yet they are the first one to make it into the top 4. There's levels to this than simply saying who the best team is on paper.

It doesn't matter how much effort Matthews + Marner put in, when you have an elite defensive line, nobody is scoring. Sorry you don't understand that.

Keep making excuses bud, the results show for themselves.
8 juin 2021 à 13 h 43
WentWughes
Dubas has not overpaid for anyone in the last 2 offseason's lul

The only guy overpaid rn is marner and its only by a Mill

This is in reference to trades, but as you bring it up, yeah he's not too good at trades either. Whatever pro scouts he listens to should he fired.
8 juin 2021 à 13 h 56
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
the **** are you smoking

If Marner and Matthews put even just 25% more effort and Muzzin did not get hurt half way through game 6 they would have won that game.

Literally 2 once in a lifetime turnovers gave Mtl the win in the series. Leafs came back TWICE from multi goal deficits with minimal effort to force OT. Leafs lost the series to themselves nothing more nothing less

MTL got lucky Wpg decided not to show up as reality is that team if they got serious would have won the series no question

man, no offense, but I hope you're joking, specifically the last part.
A_Habs_fan, Zinger, BuFfaLOFaN and 2 others a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2021 à 16 h 20
torontos finest
Mentions "j'aime": 11,191

It doesn't matter how much effort Matthews + Marner put in, when you have an elite defensive line, nobody is scoring. Sorry you don't understand that.

Hell yes please overvalue Danault. Absolutely hilarious that one of the things your fanbase got out of the series is that this guy is worth like 7 million dollars.
8 juin 2021 à 16 h 23
WentWughes
Hell yes please overvalue Danault. Absolutely hilarious that one of the things your fanbase got out of the series is that this guy is worth like 7 million dollars.

Him and Price have been our two MVP's. Without him we'd be golfing right now.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2021 à 18 h 16
Him and Price have been our two MVP's. Without him we'd be golfing right now.

Hockey is about hot streaks, and Danault has been as good as ever in these playoffs. He shutdown Matthews and Marner that's not a question if you had put Danault against someone else and thrown on Suzuki vs Matthews I bet your heros would have done better, not saying Danault is worth 7m but if he got paid only for his defensive performance this playoffs someone probably would pay him that.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2021 à 18 h 40
WentWughes
Hockey is about hot streaks, and Danault has been as good as ever in these playoffs. He shutdown Matthews and Marner that's not a question if you had put Danault against someone else and thrown on Suzuki vs Matthews I bet your heros would have done better, not saying Danault is worth 7m but if he got paid only for his defensive performance this playoffs someone probably would pay him that.

I easily think he could get 7m. He's a 2nd line center on most teams in this league.
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2021 à 19 h 1

Danault is not worth 7mil, if that's his ask, he's gone, i'd give him max 6mil and that would be on a short term deal long term max 5.5
KakkoForMauriceRichardAward, BuFfaLOFaN, KSIxSKULLS and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2021 à 19 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Danault is not worth 7mil, if that's his ask, he's gone, i'd give him max 6mil and that would be on a short term deal long term max 5.5

He's kinda useless in terms of offense on his own in the sense that he can't drive a line but defensively he's insane
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2021 à 20 h 4
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

I never said he is, I said if he consistently shut down the player he plays against then be wod be...but he can't forever.
8 juin 2021 à 20 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Hey guys, starting today (june 8th), I'll be asking you guys 2 daily questions, I'd like it if some of you could do the same. I think it could lead to interesting discussions. They don't necessarily have to be both about the same team. They can be, but it's not mandatory.

Today's questions:
-should the Panthers buy out Yandle? I think they should. Weegar has broken out offensively and Ekblad can run the PP.
-should the Panthers resign Montour? I think that if they buy out Yandle, they should. Their D could look like:
Montour-Ekblad
Weegar/???-Weegar/???
Nutivaara-Gudas
MitchMarner_16 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2021 à 20 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
5clbe6.jpg
EsoYeezus69 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2021 à 20 h 25
WentWughes
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Hey guys, starting today (june 8th), I'll be asking you guys 2 daily questions, I'd like it if some of you could do the same. I think it could lead to interesting discussions. They don't necessarily have to be both about the same team. They can be, but it's not mandatory.

Today's questions:
-should the Panthers buy out Yandle? I think they should. Weegar has broken out offensively and Ekblad can run the PP.
-should the Panthers resign Montour? I think that if they buy out Yandle, they should. Their D could look like:
Montour-Ekblad
Weegar/???-Weegar/???
Nutivaara-Gudas

They should not buyout Yandle and they should not resign Montour
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2021 à 20 h 45
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
What do you guys think a Jones to Dallas trade would look like?
8 juin 2021 à 21 h 21
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
They should not buyout Yandle and they should not resign Montour

Exactly what he said
8 juin 2021 à 23 h 3
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578
Now that we are eliminated from the playoffs, we know that the Canes should likely be picking from the 25-27 range. Nice to have a higher pick and potentially grab a bit better of a prospect here.
8 juin 2021 à 23 h 7
Im so torn what the sabres should do with #1
8 juin 2021 à 23 h 53
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
the **** are you smoking

?
Montreal won, no need for hypotheticals.
9 juin 2021 à 4 h 35

Power is best available but Beniers and Hughes are my 2 and 3

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option