SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

29 juill. 2021 à 15 h 31
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: yikes
Since we’re talking about prospects (kinda lol); who’s some of your guys MOST UNDERRATED prospects.

Clarify : not someone with NHL experience (a few games is fine)

Here’s one of my own team and another to get started =

Bordeleau (he’s just so dynamic and he could really blow up this year after leading a deep Michigan team (Powers, Beniers, Johnson, York, etc)).

Sillinger (there’s so many mixed opinions but I think this kid is gonna be so good and more importantly hard to play against in the NHL. He’s got a great toolset and if he can improve his skating and have a good lead into the NHL I think he’s gonna be super talented and just be a pain to play against down the middle).

Sillinger is probably my favourite player in the draft of 21’ (with Wallstedt and Eklund 🥰)

Honourable mention:
Boldy (love this kid to death)

Mattias Norlinder and Olen Zellweger, now i don’t know all you’re opinions on Zellweger but after i scouted him i fell in love with his play, he’s such a talented kid
yikes et Zinger a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 15 h 33
TheBulinWall
Rejoint: août 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 303

Lol troll
justaBoss et aadoyle a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 15 h 34
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Since we’re talking about prospects (kinda lol); who’s some of your guys MOST UNDERRATED prospects.

Bordeleau (he’s just so dynamic and he could really blow up this year after leading a deep Michigan team (Powers, Beniers, Johnson, York, etc)).

Sillinger (there’s so many mixed opinions but I think this kid is gonna be so good and more importantly hard to play against in the NHL. He’s got a great toolset and if he can improve his skating and have a good lead into the NHL I think he’s gonna be super talented and just be a pain to play against down the middle).

Sillinger is probably my favourite player in the draft of 21’ (with Wallstedt and Eklund 🥰)

Honourable mention:

For Dallas I’d put Stankoven, the kid has ABD potential. He’s going to become a stud one day.
yikes et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 15 h 37
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578
Quoting: SevenLeg
You're gonna have to wait two more seasons to get Perry

Yep, just saw he got signed now. If Waddell wants anyone good, he's gonna have to act fast. In his press conference he said that "there are still some forward spots open"
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 15 h 38
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
Quoting: BulinWall

Lol troll

I'm a huge Simmons hater but he's kinda right on this
aadoyle et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 15 h 45
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805

Lol troll

Tyler Boucher……
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 15 h 46
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
https://www.sporcle.com/games/cedlec19/active-stanley-cup

if y'all wanna guess who they are

Bah, 83/121. Some I had no idea (Rowney), some I completely forgot about (Leddy, Burakovsky), and some I'm kicking myself (Kuznetsov-unbelievable).
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 15 h 48
Hop on the Slaftrain

Stanley Cup finalist Merrill
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 15 h 49
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/497096

My 2023 Russian third line is forming
29 juill. 2021 à 15 h 53
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448

Stanley Cup finalist Merrill

How many LDs are they planning to sign lmao. Goligoski, Kulikov, Merrill and also two AHL players to boot.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 15 h 57
Hakuna Matata

Tarasenko makes no sense for the leafs unless Nylander moves to LW and Blues retain 50%. Even then I just don't see the fit.

Trade wise Rakell, Bertuzzi, Dvorak, among some other name/s I'm forgetting make sense

There also is Tatar but thats probs gonna be a bidding war now
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 15 h 58
Hakuna Matata
I'm a huge Simmons hater but he's kinda right on this

Yep like

Nurse-Barrie
Keith-Ceci
Russel-Bouchard

That does not spell confidence especially with the goaltending situation they be facing
29 juill. 2021 à 15 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: justaBoss
How many LDs are they planning to sign lmao. Goligoski, Kulikov, Merrill and also two AHL players to boot.

Goligoski can play RD and I believe he was mainly playing with OEL last season so yeah
29 juill. 2021 à 16 h 1
Canes fan

Honourable mention:

For my Canes I like:

Anttoni Honka (This guy is so underrated and has a sick flow. He's a bit undersized for a defenseman, but this season in the liiga he tore it up offensively and was a stud on D.)

Jack Drury (I was so stoked when we drafted this kid. He's just a great complete center with outstanding offensive tools. He also played great in the SHL this year and will likely come over this season at least to the AHL and maybe even get some NHL games.)

David Cotton (Great center. I like the way he plays. This season he tore it up with the Chicago Wolves in the AHL, and like Drury, he could maybe even get a short stint of NHL action.

Pyotr Kochetkov (I originally didn't love him as an overager pick, but he managed to prove me wrong. He was outstanding in the KHL last season and is expected to play there again for the coming season. In 22-23 I could see him coming in and maybe even fighting for an NHL backup role if Raanta or Andersen doesn't work out.)

Jack LaFontaine (Great goalie here. He played very well in the NCAA this season and didn't get enough attention for it. I really hope the Canes sign him soon.)

I also like Jarvis as I'm guessing all Canes fans do.

A prospect on another team who I think is quite underrated would be Matthew Coronato. When I was scouting him for this years draft he just looked like such a game changer out there. I really though he could've gone higher too.

Those are my opinions on some quite underrated prospects.
yikes a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 16 h 5
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: ConservativeLightningFan91
Bah, 83/121. Some I had no idea (Rowney), some I completely forgot about (Leddy, Burakovsky), and some I'm kicking myself (Kuznetsov-unbelievable).

I got 98. The most egregious ones I missed were Seguin & Quick.
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 16 h 7
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 29 juill. 2021 à 16 h 16

Honourable mention:

I guess for the Leafs there are 2 of them (Holmberg and Ovechkinov)

Holmberg was quiet than had an amazing playoffs in the SHL getting goals, playing solid at both ends, and his rivalry vs Seider was pretty good. If he can transition to NA could be a good replacement for Hyman in 2023

Another is Ovechkinov. Kid has a monster season in the MHL. I like his skillset, and work ethic. Plus the name is a combination of Ove
29 juill. 2021 à 16 h 20
Canes fan

This guy was decent in the KHL. Never seemed to be able to get it to work at the NHL level, though.
29 juill. 2021 à 16 h 30
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Quoting: aadoyle
Goligoski can play RD and I believe he was mainly playing with OEL last season so yeah

He can, but it's not like he'll go over Spurgeon or Dumba in their depth chart.
29 juill. 2021 à 16 h 30
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426

Zinger a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 16 h 39
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
People are quick to forget how good Tarasenko can be
Zinger et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 16 h 44
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: AndrewLadd
People are quick to forget how good Tarasenko can be

He has never been the same physically since the surgeries though, that's what's scary. It's not a decline due to linemates or system, it's physical.
29 juill. 2021 à 16 h 44
Canes fan
Can we all just take a moment to look at how bad Houston's new goaltending tandem is? Korenar and Hutton is tanking if you ask me. I was a big fan of Korenar this season, but I don't think he should be a starting goalie yet. Hutton isn't even an NHL caliber goaltender anymore. Definitely taking big steps back if you ask me. They went from Kuemper-Raanta to Korenar-Hutton. Even with Dzingel carrying the whole team I think ARI is still in the race for Wright. At this point It's all but confirmed that Arizona and Buffalo will each get one of Wright or Lambert (or Savoie if they want him).
BuFfaLOFaN et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 16 h 46
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: Dzinger18
Can we all just take a moment to look at how bad Houston's new goaltending tandem is? Korenar and Hutton is tanking if you ask me. I was a big fan of Korenar this season, but I don't think he should be a starting goalie yet. Hutton isn't even an NHL caliber goaltender anymore. Definitely taking big steps back if you ask me. They went from Kuemper-Raanta to Korenar-Hutton. Even with Dzingel carrying the whole team I think ARI is still in the race for Wright. At this point It's all but confirmed that Arizona and Buffalo will each get one of Wright or Lambert (or Savoie if they want him).

Yeah, Buffalo and Arizona have a bad tandem
Zinger, Kotkaniemi15 et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 16 h 54
Canes fan

I like it. But where is DeAngelo so I know who to watch for and boo through my television at?
EsoYeezus69, Kotkaniemi15, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 16 h 54
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Best free agents per position
C: David Krejci, Casey Cizikas, Travis Zajac, Tyler Bozak, Eric Staal
LW: Tomas Tatar, Ryan Donato, Nick Ritchie, Zach Parise, Dominik Kahun
RW: Kyle Palmieri, Nikita Gusev, Bobby Ryan, Ondrej Kase, Alex Chaisson
D: Ryan Murray, Erik Gustafsson, Zdeno Chara, Sami Vatanen, Christian Djoos
G: Tuukka Rask, Devan Dubnyk, Louis Domingue, Marcus Hogberg, Curtis McElhinneny
SevenLeg, Zinger, aadoyle and 1 other person a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage