SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

28 juill. 2021 à 22 h 43
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: McGruff
Just a slippery slope to say let's throw a dart at the "tax rate" and judge all the NHL homes that way.
It's accounting and their rules change more than diapers doo.

Besides, US cities carry debt-loads in US dollars....CDN cities do it w/ the weak CDN-pesos.

League should be run by hockey people [period]
The day it's accountants and lawyers at the helm their doomed (hmmm the end is nigh - repent!)

Could do something about a increase in cap based off of the tax percent, would get wacky when they get traded though.
28 juill. 2021 à 22 h 43
Just a slippery slope to say let's throw a dart at the "tax rate" and judge all the NHL homes that way.

Besides, US cities carry debt-loads in US dollars....CDN cities do it w/ the weak CDN-pesos.

The day it's accountants and lawyers at the helm their doomed (hmmm the end is nigh - repent!)

Could do something about a increase in cap based off of the tax percent, would get wacky when they get traded though.
28 juill. 2021 à 22 h 43
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Tis true for some yes.
But for other factors, there's huge quality of life in VAN or TML for example w/ great schools, medi-plans, the "Roxy" night-club etc. that gotta be better than DET or BUF or GLENDALE or NJ etc etc?
Are we gonna try and monetize that quotient too?

Course not...the Cap-works, could he be tightened or made more flex; absolutely.

VAN and TML are also 1 and 2 in North America for cost of living, on top of the higher taxes. If you’re a pro athlete and your team covers your health care for you, that’s not exactly a benefit you’re receiving for your additional tax dollars.
28 juill. 2021 à 22 h 45
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Completely off-topic, but speaking of swimming, Caeleb Dressel just broke the Olympic record for the 100M freestyle. What a freakish athlete. Best swimmer since Phelps. #USA
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 22 h 45
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448

To an extent I agree, the more bureaucratic sh*t becomes the harder it becomes to deal with it. But by the same token the NHL (and all relative leagues for that matter) are filled with different set of rules to even out the competition and trying to make things set and fair for all participants.

Salary cap value differential based on locations, while being problematic, is not something that should be touched unless it clearly shapes the NHL in a way that makes the teams with the slight advantage to be constantly the stronger ones.

Prorating the salary cap is one way to solve it. Dividing the league is another. Abolishing it is also a way to solve it, but we all know that's not going to happen.
28 juill. 2021 à 22 h 51
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,687
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN

I think being flexible is good for the League, don't get me wrong.
Baseball has the luxury tax (go over the Cap you pay a fine $$$)...I'm OK w/ that type of penalty.

Pre-Cap - the NYR for example (I'm generalizing) - had a couple of super-priced millionaires suiting up w/ mostly thousand-aire pluggers...
They were largely un-successful on the ice and it proved to be a recipe of lousy "team" building.

Those pluggers stopped working their a r s e s off for the prima-donnas...
28 juill. 2021 à 22 h 51
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Quoting: ConservativeLightningFan91
Completely off-topic, but speaking of swimming, Caeleb Dressel just broke the Olympic record for the 100M freestyle. What a freakish athlete. Best swimmer since Phelps. #USA

I don’t speak men’s swimming, ours is @ss. Our females swimming is the complete opposite because it’s one of the best.
28 juill. 2021 à 22 h 56
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: Alfie11
VAN and TML are also 1 and 2 in North America for cost of living, on top of the higher taxes. If you’re a pro athlete and your team covers your health care for you, that’s not exactly a benefit you’re receiving for your additional tax dollars.

"You" sure
But that 'you' has a wife/partner/girlfriend/mistress, couple expensive rug-rats, Ma-Pa, granny, the ill brother...
Bring on the universal meds and the fresh mountain air versus DET's (Gotham City) , you know what I mean?
28 juill. 2021 à 22 h 58
Jinx god
With all of Boston’s moves today, is it clear that DeBrusk is getting traded?
28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 0
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448

shots fired
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Quoting: justaBoss

shots fired

He probs said to them

I'm your Tom Wilson Deterrent tears of joy. Thank you Reaves for creating that meme
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 12
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
So Buffalo signed Craig Anderson and Aaron Dell. The Sabres are really trying to have the cheapest goalie tandem possible at $1.5 million combined. There are currently 40 NHL goalies being paid more than both of Buffalo’s goalies combined. Montréal is spending nearly 9 times as much on goalies than Buffalo is.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 12
GM CRIME DAWG
Modifié 28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 47
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
With all of Boston’s moves today, is it clear that DeBrusk is getting traded?

Trade? not straight away IMO

JD had COVID and did not adjust to little or no pre-season. Sweeney shouldn't sell low unless it's a no-brainer.

Tonight - Boston has 23 NHL contracts, all their picks for the next 3-years & US$1.1Mil in Cap space. Only missing piece is #2C Krejci!?! (CF rumour is he will ink & can sign for cheap w/ incentive-laden contract +35yrs)

A trade: could be possible by US Thanksgiving or next TDL depending on the playoff-push they find themselves in...
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 14
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
So Buffalo signed Craig Anderson and Aaron Dell. The Sabres are really trying to have the cheapest goalie tandem possible at $1.5 million combined. There are currently 40 NHL goalies being paid more than both of Buffalo’s goalies combined. Montréal is spending nearly 9 times as much on goalies than Buffalo is.

Shane Wright be worth the tank

Its a 3 way battle for last

Whose gonna win
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 15
Quoting: aadoyle
Shane Wright be worth the tank

Its a 3 way battle for last

Whose gonna win

Arizona, Buffalo and?
28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 16
GM CRIME DAWG
Arizona, Buffalo and?

SEA
CAR
VAN
DAL
CHI
__________...

edit:
EDM
(Holland dig)
28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 16
Jinx god
Trade? not straight away IMO

JD had COVID and did not adjust to little or no pre-season. Sweeney shouldn't sell low unless it's a no-brainer.

Tonight - Boston has 23 NHL contracts, all their picks for the next 3-years & US$1.1Mil in Cap space. Only missing piece is #2C Krejci!?! (rumour is he will ink & can sign for cheap w/ incentive-laden contract +35yrs)

A trade: could be possible by US Thanksgiving or next TDL depending on the playoff-push they find themselves in...

I’m just thinking that if they want to win they need a #2 centre, if they can get Krejci without having to move any pieces than I think they shouldn’t do nothing, but if they were to make space for a number 2 I think DeBrusk would be one to go if he can go for the right price.
28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Arizona, Buffalo and?

Arizona, Buffalo, Detroit

That core still spells rebuilding

Was gonna say Anaheim but they cant until Gibson is gone. He is a deterrent lul
28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 18
SEA
CAR
VAN
DAL
CHI
__________...

edit:
EDM
(Holland dig)

Was gonna say Anaheim but they cant until Gibson is gone

SJS?
McGruff a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 18
Hakuna Matata
SJS?

I feel with the Pacific being so bad SJ could actually make it to the post season even with their flaws.
28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 21
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Colorado, Carolina, NJ all in the mix for Saad

I feel bad for @Dzinger18 so I hope he goes to Carolina
Zinger a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 23
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225

Was gonna say Anaheim but they cant until Gibson is gone. He is a deterrent lul

Detroit is in a slightly more advanced stage than Arizona and Buffalo now that they have Nedeljkovic in goal. He'll give them a bit of a boost.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 25
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Devil1122
Colorado, Carolina, NJ all in the mix for Saad

I feel bad for @Dzinger18 so I hope he goes to Carolina

I thought NJ pulled out of the Saad stakes
28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 26
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
I’m just thinking that if they want to win they need a #2 centre, if they can get Krejci without having to move any pieces than I think they shouldn’t do nothing, but if they were to make space for a number 2 I think DeBrusk would be one to go if he can go for the right price.

True it could def happen (trade).

Who is the 2C coming back?
Eichel?

I just think they made a ton of moves in the last 5/6-months back to the last TDL.
If DK is not in the Oct lineup they could try by committee up the middle w/ Folig/Coyle/Haula platooning 2C/3C.
JD starts at 3LW (up to 2LW if needed re: injury) - he knows that tonight he's 3LW, so has to get his game ready for that [period].

Me? I don't give up on JD yet because come playoffs, when it truly matters - the dude's clutch. He has more IMPT goals than anyone else in 2015 class including Mc J-e-sus...
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 23 h 27
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: ConservativeLightningFan91
Detroit is in a slightly more advanced stage than Arizona and Buffalo now that they have Nedeljkovic in goal. He'll give them a bit of a boost.

Oh yeah shoot forgot he was there. K well no idea then whose #3 in the hunt rn
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage