SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

This is why no one likes us

5 juin 2021 à 23 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 16
Obviously this post is an exaggeration but so many of you guys are overreacting and then over valuing our players. Matthews and Marner aren’t getting traded, you don’t trade a generational goal scorer and a 90-100 point winger who is solid defensively just because they’ve struggled in the playoffs. I know it sucks that they keep losing but you know who else lost a lot in the playoffs? Ovechkin a generational goal scorer and Backstrom his playmaking sidekick, it took them years and years to finally beat Pittsburg and break through. Obviously something needs to change and is hopefully going to for the better but you guys need to stop making us leaf fans look like fools with these ridiculous “realistic” off seasons. Just be patient and trust that dubas can work some magic. It’s going to be ok
Trickster et BigDaddyOvech a aimé ceci.
5 juin 2021 à 23 h 27
BRUCE THERE IT IS
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,171
The title isn't an exaggeration thought right??
S_E98 et Devil a aimé ceci.
5 juin 2021 à 23 h 33
Hidalgo
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 223
I think that’s the point a lot of times. We’re not trading these players, but if we were here’s what it would take to get them, a big overpay. Obviously some people’s values are way off but these posts are more annoying and pointless then the people with dumb trades
5 juin 2021 à 23 h 44
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,582
Well put. Very well put.

It should be noted for the record that it's only a segment of the Leafs fan base that does this sort of stuff. Many of you guys are entirely reasonable, and I would leave my change on the bar while drinking with you.

Welcome to CapFriendly, by the way.
S_E98, Sign_em_up000000 et Trickster a aimé ceci.
5 juin 2021 à 23 h 47
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 65
No one will take on Marner for his full salary
5 juin 2021 à 23 h 57
Trad Breliving
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,989
Quoting: SwiftCurrentBroncos
No one will take on Marner for his full salary

That is where you are completely wrong.
If Dubas said Marner was on the market, you’d have 31 teams interested in him.
S_E98, Trickster et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 juin 2021 à 0 h 4
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 259
Quoting:
Obviously this post is an exaggeration but so many of you guys are overreacting and then over valuing our players. Matthews and Marner aren’t getting traded, you don’t trade a generational goal scorer and a 90-100 point winger who is solid defensively just because they’ve struggled in the playoffs. I know it sucks that they keep losing but you know who else lost a lot in the playoffs? Ovechkin a generational goal scorer and Backstrom his playmaking sidekick, it took them years and years to finally beat Pittsburg and break through.

There's a difference between not being able to beat an equal team with superstars like Crybaby and Malkin with a HOF goalie at the time vs not getting by the Columbus and Montreal's of the world. Look at how much draft capital this year's disaster cost the team.

Until you change the core 4's cap effect on the team: you will compete for the President's Trophy but continue to be a joke in the playoffs.
6 juin 2021 à 0 h 6
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 259
Quoting: ZachHymanForTheHart
But you wouldn't be getting full value in the trade. If a team took on that entire cap hit (and some teams just can't) then the return would be greatly diminished as 18 playoff games and 0 goals means something to GM's.
6 juin 2021 à 0 h 53
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395
I dont care about Leafs fans players evaluation.

IMO the reason they are hated is claims of being a contender without anything to show for it. It's not overfidence, it's arrogance.

Taking a lot of my news from Sportsnet, I mostly blame the media coverage for puting this idea in the fans head. The coverage is just ridiculous, it's cheerleading in a suit 24/7. Like no other team exist.

As for your Washington argument, that team had plenty of half succesfull runs before winning the cup, building on their previous experiences to get to play the right way and eventually go all the way. Appart from the occasional cinderella story, thats how you become a contender. TML is nowhere near that status, but at square 1: win a damn round.
BigDaddyOvech a aimé ceci.
6 juin 2021 à 0 h 58
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 65
Quoting: ZachHymanForTheHart

Umm no lol. The real world isn’t this website. No one is paying 11 million a year winger that chokes in the playoffs would be in demand from most of the league
6 juin 2021 à 11 h 44
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,584
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Well put. Very well put.

It should be noted for the record that it's only a segment of the Leafs fan base that does this sort of stuff. Many of you guys are entirely reasonable, and I would leave my change on the bar while drinking with you.

Welcome to CapFriendly, by the way.

I would love to have a beer with you and pick your brain. If you're ever in southern ontario hit me up! Same goes if I'm ever in California.
OldNYIfan et Trickster a aimé ceci.
6 juin 2021 à 13 h 47
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,582
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
I would love to have a beer with you and pick your brain. If you're ever in southern ontario hit me up! Same goes if I'm ever in California.

I would LOVE to show you around Hollywood!

Where I live, I can walk ten minutes down the hill to a 30-story skyscraper or ten minutes up the hill towards the Sign and see coyotes and the occasional deer. We even have our own personal-area mountain lion, named P-22. Google him sometime.
Sign_em_up000000 et Trickster a aimé ceci.
6 juin 2021 à 15 h 40
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,584
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I would LOVE to show you around Hollywood!

Where I live, I can walk ten minutes down the hill to a 30-story skyscraper or ten minutes up the hill towards the Sign and see coyotes and the occasional deer. We even have our own personal-area mountain lion, named P-22. Google him sometime.

One day I'll make it out there. Better in Cali then here in Hamilton, my city is pretty grimy.

Steve French has made it too Hollywood!!! I googled P-22, Google Steve French lol. It was a mountain lion from a Canadian show called trailer park boys.
OldNYIfan et Trickster a aimé ceci.
6 juin 2021 à 17 h 7
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
We're aware Matthews and Marner won't get traded.

My issue this playoffs was with Marner, not so much Matthews. Matthews could've done better but Price had him read. Marner was really disappointing to watch towards the end of the series. Felt like he was really hindering his line and everyone around it and capped off his performance by putting the puck over the glass. That's not something you want to see from any one of your players, let alone someone making 11 million dollars. The other issue was that it was like he didn't learn anything from last season in the playoffs, because his play was also subpar against Columbus. I think people are just tired of the constant losing and constant excuses. 22 million dollars amounting to a single goal in 7 games is really inexcusable.
Trickster et Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
6 juin 2021 à 17 h 9
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Quoting: jpsnow13
I dont care about Leafs fans players evaluation.

IMO the reason they are hated is claims of being a contender without anything to show for it. It's not overfidence, it's arrogance.

Taking a lot of my news from Sportsnet, I mostly blame the media coverage for puting this idea in the fans head. The coverage is just ridiculous, it's cheerleading in a suit 24/7. Like no other team exist.

As for your Washington argument, that team had plenty of half succesfull runs before winning the cup, building on their previous experiences to get to play the right way and eventually go all the way. Appart from the occasional cinderella story, thats how you become a contender. TML is nowhere near that status, but at square 1: win a damn round.

Can you go be miserable somewhere else? I swear to god, you'd whined about Toronto and Toronto fans more than anyone else on this website. We get it, this team sucks and the fans suck and everyone sucks except the Habs. You don't need to make the same post everyday for a week. We get the picture.
Trickster et Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
7 juin 2021 à 2 h 0
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,601
Quoting: mondo
We're aware Matthews and Marner won't get traded.

My issue this playoffs was with Marner, not so much Matthews. Matthews could've done better but Price had him read. Marner was really disappointing to watch towards the end of the series. Felt like he was really hindering his line and everyone around it and capped off his performance by putting the puck over the glass. That's not something you want to see from any one of your players, let alone someone making 11 million dollars. The other issue was that it was like he didn't learn anything from last season in the playoffs, because his play was also subpar against Columbus. I think people are just tired of the constant losing and constant excuses. 22 million dollars amounting to a single goal in 7 games is really inexcusable.

You know what bothers me about the whole Marner thing? Look, players struggle, it happens, that's life and I can accept that.

You know what I do not accept? The unwillingness to take Marner (and Hyman) off that line and put Nylander and perhaps Spezza or Kerfoot there.

Keefe had games 5 through 7 to make adjustments and not a single thing. I'm kind of shocked more people aren't angry about this.
7 juin 2021 à 11 h 30
Save Ukrane, end war
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 783
Quoting: oneX
You know what bothers me about the whole Marner thing? Look, players struggle, it happens, that's life and I can accept that.

You know what I do not accept? The unwillingness to take Marner (and Hyman) off that line and put Nylander and perhaps Spezza or Kerfoot there.

Keefe had games 5 through 7 to make adjustments and not a single thing. I'm kind of shocked more people aren't angry about this.

Yeah this exactly. He needed to be challenged and that's on the coach. Same thing for no adjustments to the PP.

I do think that the media is a double-edged sword in Toronto tho. They're as much to blame for this outrageous off season suggestions as a certain part of the fan base. They just look for a scapegoat and toss fuel on the fire. It's hard to believe none of the articles being written are a criticism of coaching and only Marner.
oneX et Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
7 juin 2021 à 11 h 32
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,744
Marner has becoming a playoff dud.

He is making over 10 million AAV And he has 5 NHL playoff goals in over 30 playoff games.

No playoff goals in 2 seasons.

I'd like him traded but it's not realistic, and if he does get traded... that is the kind of trade that haunt you.

There needs to be change on this team, 100%.
You cant roll it back with same, fall guy should be Rielly only cause he is likely gone anyway.

Him being a team leader and being moved should send the right message.

I wouldnt bring Hyman either.

These is an easy decisions to me.

Change is never easy, but to repeat the same action and think you will get a different result is the definition of insanity
7 juin 2021 à 14 h 14
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,601
Quoting: BigDaddyOvech
Yeah this exactly. He needed to be challenged and that's on the coach. Same thing for no adjustments to the PP.

I do think that the media is a double-edged sword in Toronto tho. They're as much to blame for this outrageous off season suggestions as a certain part of the fan base. They just look for a scapegoat and toss fuel on the fire. It's hard to believe none of the articles being written are a criticism of coaching and only Marner.

You know what... you make a very good point about the media..why is nobody in the media asking critical questions about the coach?

It's one thing to say Marner had a bad series, it's another thing to make adjustments and play the guys that are providing some results.

Is the media asleep?
7 juin 2021 à 15 h 6
Save Ukrane, end war
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 783
Quoting: oneX
You know what... you make a very good point about the media..why is nobody in the media asking critical questions about the coach?

It's one thing to say Marner had a bad series, it's another thing to make adjustments and play the guys that are providing some results.

Is the media asleep?

They don't care about the team, just about stories.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage