SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Do Leafs fans really think Campbell matched Price?

4 juin 2021 à 20 h 25
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 554
MTL didn't have the same offensive magnitude or the expected shots on goal as TOR did. Price had to face much harder competition. I understand the stat but that's not really anything.
4 juin 2021 à 20 h 59
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,619
Quoting: GarthBrooks
MTL didn't have the same offensive magnitude or the expected shots on goal as TOR did. Price had to face much harder competition. I understand the stat but that's not really anything.

So.. I'm sure Andersen fans are going to pay close attention to this thread and well, they might as well eh.

Anyway, I will start with Andersen because he has a longer playoffs track record. Dude was letting in at least one soft goal per game in the playoffs he played in and sometimes more than one.

Now Campbell: he let in softies too but it was not one per game. Was Campbell the reason the Leafs lost? Nope

Was he good enough to steal the series? Nope
Campbell is not the type of goalie that steals you series.

The rest of the team lost this series. Campbell played about as well as you can expect a goalie with zero playoffs history to play.

Besides, Leafs needed to find out what Campbell is capable of in a playoffs scenario and now they do.
Lanny_McJagrBomb, BigDaddyOvech, Octopus_Guy and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
5 juin 2021 à 21 h 1
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 32
Price was the best player on the ice when it mattered most. Specifically in OT and game 7
11 août 2021 à 17 h 28
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Price had great support from a very good defensive hockey team in front of him.
18 août 2021 à 13 h 0
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,752
Campbell didnt need to match Price but we needed our best players to be our best to win
That didnt happen.

Campbell played good enough to win.

A big contributor to Leafs failure was the injury to Tavares, yes injuries happen but he is too important player to us for it be overcome.

Quoting: oneX
So.. I'm sure Andersen fans are going to pay close attention to this thread and well, they might as well eh.

Anyway, I will start with Andersen because he has a longer playoffs track record. Dude was letting in at least one soft goal per game in the playoffs he played in and sometimes more than one.

Now Campbell: he let in softies too but it was not one per game. Was Campbell the reason the Leafs lost? Nope

Was he good enough to steal the series? Nope
Campbell is not the type of goalie that steals you series.

The rest of the team lost this series. Campbell played about as well as you can expect a goalie with zero playoffs history to play.

Besides, Leafs needed to find out what Campbell is capable of in a playoffs scenario and now they do.

I feel that Keefe had a plan to make adjustments during the series but once Tavares was out, that plan went out the window.

Prior playoffs I feel Keefe made too many adjustments and this time none... I think this time the decision was forced.

Why didnt Keefe double shift players? Good question, I'd like the answer there too.
oneX a aimé ceci.
18 août 2021 à 13 h 11
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,619
Quoting: Trickster
Campbell didnt need to match Price but we needed our best players to be our best to win
That didnt happen.

Campbell played good enough to win.

A big contributor to Leafs failure was the injury to Tavares, yes injuries happen but he is too important player to us for it be overcome.

I feel that Keefe had a plan to make adjustments during the series but once Tavares was out, that plan went out the window.

Prior playoffs I feel Keefe made too many adjustments and this time none... I think this time the decision was forced.

Why didnt Keefe double shift players? Good question, I'd like the answer there too.

As Mike Tyson once said "Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face"

I fully believe in playing your best players and if that isn't working, play the players that are playing well. If that means double shifting certain guys so then be it... I'd rather lose trying with these adjustments then not to make any adjustments just because injuries happen.

Injuries will happen when you least expect it but that shouldn't scare you into not making adjustments.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
18 août 2021 à 13 h 21
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,752
Quoting: oneX
As Mike Tyson once said "Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face"

I fully believe in playing your best players and if that isn't working, play the players that are playing well. If that means double shifting certain guys so then be it... I'd rather lose trying with these adjustments then not to make any adjustments just because injuries happen.

Injuries will happen when you least expect it but that shouldn't scare you into not making adjustments.

Let me know what Keefe says when you ask RE double shifting guys.
2 sept. 2021 à 12 h 38
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 276
i think so

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage