GO FLAMES GO
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,557
Who do you think? I think Wilson
4 juin 2021 à 10 h 43
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
I'm going with Scheifele due to the fact that the game was already over and the fact that Evans did nothing to provoke him.
Tntpod, Brian2016 et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2021 à 11 h 11
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Both, Wilson hit was probably the worse one but Scheifele's was unnecesary which makes it a tie
Tntpod a aimé ceci.
5 juin 2021 à 18 h 50
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Scheifele's hit was much worse. Evans was totally defenseless and in a vulnerable position. Panarin was willfully engaged with Wilson. He wasn't blindsided. If Wilson had done what Scheifele did, he would've received a 20 game ban.
BuFfaLOFaN et NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
5 juin 2021 à 18 h 58
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Both hits were done with entirely different contexts. Scheifele's was worse in that it was unprovoked and maliciously intentional. Wilson dropping Panarin was more careless and instinctual.
A_Habs_fan et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
6 juin 2021 à 22 h 55
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578
Scheifele on Evans. He had no mercy there. It was the poor dude's birthday.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
7 juin 2021 à 8 h 50
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Quoting: Brian2016
Scheifele's hit was much worse. Evans was totally defenseless and in a vulnerable position. Panarin was willfully engaged with Wilson. He wasn't blindsided. If Wilson had done what Scheifele did, he would've received a 20 game ban.

i hate that everyone keeps saying evans was totally defenseless and in a vulnerable position. This wasnt kadri coming across the middle of the ice and blindsiding him. Evans should have known where scheif was on the ice and adjusted accordingly. if you are driving and see a car coming at you, you dont just hit it. there are so many things evans could have done in that scenario to both score, or not score and prevent getting obliterated, literally could have ducked, side stepped, any change of direction.

Also fwiw, the time it took for evans to release the puck and scheif to initiate contact was .3 seconds. there was still 1 minute left in a 1 goal game, scheif was trying to make a big play just like evans was.
7 juin 2021 à 9 h 6
Quoting: hanson493
i hate that everyone keeps saying evans was totally defenseless and in a vulnerable position. This wasnt kadri coming across the middle of the ice and blindsiding him. Evans should have known where scheif was on the ice and adjusted accordingly. if you are driving and see a car coming at you, you dont just hit it. there are so many things evans could have done in that scenario to both score, or not score and prevent getting obliterated, literally could have ducked, side stepped, any change of direction.

Also fwiw, the time it took for evans to release the puck and scheif to initiate contact was .3 seconds. there was still 1 minute left in a 1 goal game, scheif was trying to make a big play just like evans was.

Evans did know Scheif was coming and went for the goal, if Scheif really wanted to prevent the goal as the NHL said he would made a play with his stick not with his body
7 juin 2021 à 9 h 23
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Evans did know Scheif was coming and went for the goal, if Scheif really wanted to prevent the goal as the NHL said he would made a play with his stick not with his body

I implore you to rewatch the video, evans never takes his eyes off the puck. why does a player HAVE to use his stick to prevent the goal, thats what i dont like about any of it. Absolutely no reason he cant go for the body contact. this isnt boarding, this really shouldnt have been charging (i dont know what other route you take as scheif to try to prevent the goal...), Hockey is a full contact sport. you always play until the final whistle. feel like while yes the degree of the hit was unnecessary i still want the contact to be allowed in hockey. the only thing that changes this play is that there is not a goalie in the net and thats where it becomes a joke that scheif got 4 games. goalie in the net is this a clean hit? i think so yes. so why is it that if there is no goalie in the net this is egregious, unnecessary, charging etc?
7 juin 2021 à 9 h 27
I implore you to rewatch the video, evans never takes his eyes off the puck. why does a player HAVE to use his stick to prevent the goal, thats what i dont like about any of it. Absolutely no reason he cant go for the body contact. this isnt boarding, this really shouldnt have been charging (i dont know what other route you take as scheif to try to prevent the goal...), Hockey is a full contact sport. you always play until the final whistle. feel like while yes the degree of the hit was unnecessary i still want the contact to be allowed in hockey. the only thing that changes this play is that there is not a goalie in the net and thats where it becomes a joke that scheif got 4 games. goalie in the net is this a clean hit? i think so yes. so why is it that if there is no goalie in the net this is egregious, unnecessary, charging etc?

You can see Scheif never goes to prevent the goal, if you think bodychecking Evans would've prevented the goal you're wrong. It absolutely is charging, if a goalie is in the net Evans doesn't go for a wrap around so your argument is invalid
7 juin 2021 à 14 h 50

I never said Evans wasn't responsible for putting himself in that vulnerable position. He made the choice to go for the goal. But, he was still defenseless. Evans is not a high-skill player. Asking him to score, and then duck out of the way is something that McDavid or MacKinnon could've done. But not Evans.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
7 juin 2021 à 14 h 53
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
You can see Scheif never goes to prevent the goal, if you think bodychecking Evans would've prevented the goal you're wrong. It absolutely is charging, if a goalie is in the net Evans doesn't go for a wrap around so your argument is invalid

I think it's really tough to argue that Scheifele wasn't trying to lay him out. Like you said, why not just stick check? The only argument in Scheiefele's favor would be the number of games he was suspended for. I thought 4 playoff games was little high, but the hit was dirty, no question.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
7 juin 2021 à 15 h 3
Quoting: Brian2016
I never said Evans wasn't responsible for putting himself in that vulnerable position. He made the choice to go for the goal. But, he was still defenseless. Evans is not a high-skill player. Asking him to score, and then duck out of the way is something that McDavid or MacKinnon could've done. But not Evans.

you cant say he wasnt responsible for putting Evans in a vulnerable position and then claim he was defenseless. he made the move to go to the goal for the wrap around. that was his move. he fully committed to scoring and paid the price. this is why i brought up the kadri hit.. Faulk was defenseless to that hit. there was absolutely nothing he could have or should have done differently in that scenario to avoid that hit, kadri's hit was unnecessarily high and from the side. scheif was coming directly at evans. idk i just feel like in grand scheme of things that hits fine, and scheif only got 4 games because its the habs.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage