Forums/Armchair-GM

Leafs Offseason 3

Créé par: Leafs23
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 2 juin 2021
Publié: 2 juin 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This is a realistic roster for next season. You bring back role players and Hyman, and add Coleman, Oleksiak and Dreiger in free agency. Your not moving the big 4, the only major move potentially is trading Rielly and I doubt that happens, after that series I have confidence he will return to form next year. I moved Holl, Engvall, because the contracts we signed them to just don't work in a flat cap and we need more consistency. Hutchison was dumped again because the younger guys need a shot in the minors. We also replenish some of our draft picks. Dreiger takes on the backup role as a high end backup after a good season which is great to have with a goalie who we still aren't sure can always be as good as he was in the playoffs and has injury issues. Dermott I "traded" to Seattle as a RFA signing, time to give him a shot elsewhere and that is a good spot to do it. The top 6 looks different but great although I am not opposed to changing it. I think its best to put Marner with JT, give Hyman to that line also and let them be the best second line in the league. Matthews can thrive no matter what, but he also has an elite winger who he has chemistry with on his wing, with a high paced rookie to be the tone setter for a first line that has elite shots in all three spots. Third line is solid. If spezza can continue to play great, and Mikheyev can get those hands back going again after he seemed to lose them in the wrist injury, it could be a great line. I always see people say if every line had a Zach Hyman we win the cup, well Coleman is basically Hyman, and Joey anderson on the fourth is another Hyman lite so there you go. Anderson could be amazing for this team and we are clearly high on him. If Galch can spend his first offseason with the team working on his identity as a player, and adam brooks continues to develop, this could be a sneaky good modern version of a checking line with offensive skill who lack size, but grind the other team down, which Anderson does, and Galch has done also. Brooks could be a good scoring center for that line. You also have Simmonds who fits that line perfectly if you want more size and experience. First D pair stays the same and hopefully Rielly regains his form. Second line could look like an exact replica of the first which would be great if Sandin matures into a legit top 4 defenseman. 3rd Line has an identity as a big physical line with players who can still keep up with the modern game. Liljegren will get his shot chance here and there but personally I'm all for trading him, he deserves a shot elsewhere and we can get good win now players back. Goaltending is risky but could end up great. Malgin, Hollowell, and Woll are players who could get their chance in case of injury. VV, Duszak, Abramov, Hallander fit into that category also while guys like Amirov, SDA, Semyonov develop in the minors. Unrealistic but i would like Nolan Patrick as a Galch type of experiment. Barclay Goodrow, Jaden Schwartz, Alex Wennberg, Brock Mcginn, Eric Haula, Tyler Bozak as some other free agent options. At the end of the day the key is the top guys finding it within themselves to get it done in the playoffs. Let me know what you think.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2800 000 $
1800 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
21 900 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1800 000 $
1750 000 $
1750 000 $
1800 000 $
64 300 000 $
22 600 000 $
22 600 000 $
33 400 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2021 (PIT)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
TOR
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2021 (ARI)
TOR
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (SEA)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de ARI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de SEA
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $81 454 783 $0 $400 000 $45 217 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 3
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 3
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 3
4 300 000 $4 300 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 4
1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 6
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
C
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 3
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
G
UFA - 3
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 5
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
2 juin 2021 à 22 h 24
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 562
Oilers decline, leaf fans can stop trading Engvall to the oilers we want him less then you do
2 juin 2021 à 22 h 29
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 14
The signings of Coleman, Hyman, and Oleksiak are not enough.

Coleman is going to be sought after and will get a better deal than your offer. Hyman as well -
Oleksiak broke out this year and will be looking for Edmundson $.

Why not keep Holl and move Sandin to the leftside - I think you can retain Bogosian, but probably @ 1m.
Sign Soderburg as your 3C for 1 m AAV and push Spezza to your 3RW.
2 juin 2021 à 23 h 26
Kovid Klaw
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 154
I swear every leafs agm has engvall being traded to the oilers
3 juin 2021 à 0 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3
Quoting: GrinReaper
Oilers decline, leaf fans can stop trading Engvall to the oilers we want him less then you do

Ya I more or less picked a random team but I thought the oilers made some sense the point is those two guys get traded doesn't matter for what picks or what teams.
3 juin 2021 à 0 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: pandemic_p
I swear every leafs agm has engvall being traded to the oilers

Not sure why I sort of picked a random team the main player was actually Holl and I thought it was at least a good fit with the Oilers. It doesn't really matter what they get traded for or who they get traded to the point is in my scenario they trade them.
3 juin 2021 à 0 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: si5137
The signings of Coleman, Hyman, and Oleksiak are not enough.

Coleman is going to be sought after and will get a better deal than your offer. Hyman as well -
Oleksiak broke out this year and will be looking for Edmundson $.

Why not keep Holl and move Sandin to the leftside - I think you can retain Bogosian, but probably @ 1m.
Sign Soderburg as your 3C for 1 m AAV and push Spezza to your 3RW.

I think Hyman could definitely take a discount, hes built his career here, grew up here, has great relationships, I think it could happen especially if we give him term. Bogo I think might take a small pay bump but 1 mill isnt unreasonable. Id be lying if I said I didn't stretch things just a bit in the leafs favour. I think inconsistencies is one of the major things in our identity we need to change, Holl embodies that and he makes a decent amount. Rielly is the same way but with his importance in the locker room and his playoff performance I think they don't trade him. You also have over a million and a half to spend. If your up each of Hyman, Oleksiak, and Coleman by half a million that could work. Remember this is a flat cap also, last years guys had to wait and ended up taking shorter deals for a little less. Coleman at 2.5-3, Hyman at 4-4.5(remember he would probably want to stay) and Oleksiak at 2-2.5 sounds good to me for all of them. I also looked at what other people had them getting. I think I would change it to each one up by half a million.
3 juin 2021 à 2 h 5
I think Hyman can get 5 on the open market and why should he take a cut when the others didn't.

And why invest another 4+ m when the Leafs need depth, the Leafs need a 3C - They need to move into a top 9 model, not a top 6.
what do you think of this - https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2439273
3 juin 2021 à 8 h 19
Quoting: Leafs2022
Ya I more or less picked a random team but I thought the oilers made some sense the point is those two guys get traded doesn't matter for what picks or what teams.

Tough guys to trades as they’d both get league min on the open market, there’ll be a tone of guys again this summer for teams to pick through and sign for league min
3 juin 2021 à 10 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: GrinReaper
Tough guys to trades as they’d both get league min on the open market, there’ll be a tone of guys again this summer for teams to pick through and sign for league min

I think even so at least one team would want them. Even if it isnt for a third.
3 juin 2021 à 10 h 11
Démarrer sujet
I think Hyman can get 5 on the open market and why should he take a cut when the others didn't.

And why invest another 4+ m when the Leafs need depth, the Leafs need a 3C - They need to move into a top 9 model, not a top 6.
what do you think of this - https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2439273

Personally I dont love that lineup. You end up giving out large contracts anyways, may as well give it to the guy who we know is the engine of our team, the guy who wants to be here and is a big part of our locker room. I also tried to limit how much I changed the lineup for the sake of realism, we have developed guys like Brooks, Anderson, and Robertson to be a part of this team, you can't sit them another year. Hyman could get closer to 5ish somewhere potentially, or he could get half a million less here, with all the term he wants, where he grew up, has great relationships, wore an A for us, and be where he wants to be. Also do you really think Danault would sign here if he could choose?
3 juin 2021 à 11 h 6
Not sitting Anderson and Robertson at all - the shortened AHL season and Robertson injury - it's probably best they both get seasoned in the AHL and are next men up when an injury occurs.
That shows strong organizational depth.
3 juin 2021 à 12 h 47
Personally I dont love that lineup. You end up giving out large contracts anyways, may as well give it to the guy who we know is the engine of our team, the guy who wants to be here and is a big part of our locker room. I also tried to limit how much I changed the lineup for the sake of realism, we have developed guys like Brooks, Anderson, and Robertson to be a part of this team, you can't sit them another year. Hyman could get closer to 5ish somewhere potentially, or he could get half a million less here, with all the term he wants, where he grew up, has great relationships, wore an A for us, and be where he wants to be. Also do you really think Danault would sign here if he could choose?

I respect not having too much turnover and I understand seeing the amount of turnover on the Leafs roster I proposed looks unrealistic, but when you have so many UFA's and the age of those UFAs now add the another first round exit and expansion draft there will be a lots change happening.

And does Danault sign with the Leafs? Not sure, but he would be the guy I'd target and give that 5 m too. An important C like that, who will take important draws and match up against the other team's toughest lines, kill penalties, play some PP, and can step into a top 6 in case of injury to your top 2 centers.

If Hyman is an important cog in this wheel, then trading Nylander is the way to go and to get more balance.
3 juin 2021 à 13 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Not sitting Anderson and Robertson at all - the shortened AHL season and Robertson injury - it's probably best they both get seasoned in the AHL and are next men up when an injury occurs.
That shows strong organizational depth.

Personally I disagree with that approach this season, Robertson was supposed to be a near full time player last season, he ended up only playing a few games, this year is time for him to get in the lineup. Anderson could be in the AHL but he had a stint in the NHL 2 seasons ago already, and he brings exactly what this team needs for no cost, he deserves a shot at least rotationally to start.
3 juin 2021 à 14 h 3
Démarrer sujet
I respect not having too much turnover and I understand seeing the amount of turnover on the Leafs roster I proposed looks unrealistic, but when you have so many UFA's and the age of those UFAs now add the another first round exit and expansion draft there will be a lots change happening.

And does Danault sign with the Leafs? Not sure, but he would be the guy I'd target and give that 5 m too. An important C like that, who will take important draws and match up against the other team's toughest lines, kill penalties, play some PP, and can step into a top 6 in case of injury to your top 2 centers.

If Hyman is an important cog in this wheel, then trading Nylander is the way to go and to get more balance.

Knowing how important Hyman is to this team if they can choose between Hyman and Danault they take Hyman. In your team they have nothing on the Left wing also. I don't see the correlation between keeping Hyman and trading Nylander. Plain and simple they aren't trading one four the big 4 this offseason. The core has the talent but they need some adjustments internally and a few improvements around them.
3 juin 2021 à 15 h 45
I think it should be fair to you to say that I am not a Leaf's fan and I do respect your opinion on your team.

As an objective fan - I just see more of the same issues with the structure of this team - an unbalanced, top-heavy team.
But, if the team wants to downgrade in net to pay another winger when the clear need is centre ice, then I am sorry to say it will just be more of the same results.
Especially, when you have Amirov and Robertson, who will find a home there soon enough.

With all due respect to Robertson - I think relying on him to play top line minutes is near-sighted. Anderson could very well kick the doors down, but he is waiver exempt, so why not allow him to continue to develop his game in the AHL - it has been a bizarre 2 seasons due to the pandemic, so some extra time in the AHL and being the first man up in case injury works too.

Coleman will be well sought after and your pitch will fall short to the actual number he will get - If you are looking for someone in the 3 million range Mattias Janmark is your guy - he is a very underrated player, who can play all over the ice, like Coleman.

I also have an issue with moving Spezza back to centre - I would look at Carl Soderburg as a stop-gap and pray that Hallander is ready soon. This move pushes Spezza back to the wing. Also, moving out Holl (when the team needs reliable RHD men) to sign a shot blocker for more $ and putting young Sandin on his off-hand - is a bad move.

Thanks for the banter and the hockey talk
3 juin 2021 à 17 h 55
Démarrer sujet
I think it should be fair to you to say that I am not a Leaf's fan and I do respect your opinion on your team.

As an objective fan - I just see more of the same issues with the structure of this team - an unbalanced, top-heavy team.
But, if the team wants to downgrade in net to pay another winger when the clear need is centre ice, then I am sorry to say it will just be more of the same results.
Especially, when you have Amirov and Robertson, who will find a home there soon enough.

With all due respect to Robertson - I think relying on him to play top line minutes is near-sighted. Anderson could very well kick the doors down, but he is waiver exempt, so why not allow him to continue to develop his game in the AHL - it has been a bizarre 2 seasons due to the pandemic, so some extra time in the AHL and being the first man up in case injury works too.

Coleman will be well sought after and your pitch will fall short to the actual number he will get - If you are looking for someone in the 3 million range Mattias Janmark is your guy - he is a very underrated player, who can play all over the ice, like Coleman.

I also have an issue with moving Spezza back to centre - I would look at Carl Soderburg as a stop-gap and pray that Hallander is ready soon. This move pushes Spezza back to the wing. Also, moving out Holl (when the team needs reliable RHD men) to sign a shot blocker for more $ and putting young Sandin on his off-hand - is a bad move.

Thanks for the banter and the hockey talk

Jack Campbell gave an elite performance in the playoffs, after what was a great run for him in the regular season, he seems to be an upgrade if anything. In case of injury you give yourself an elite backup. Robertson I think is best suited for a top 6 role based on his skillset, and he has spent time on the second line in the past, with another year under his belt and playing with incredible talent alongside him I trust him to take on that duty as his brother did. I actually don't love Spezza in the middle but I like the roster and group of guys I put together so if he has to play there sometime he can. Personally I wouldn't see Soderberg as much of an upgrade at this point. The point about Sandin being on his off hand is certainly a good one, but I like Oleksiak on that third pairing a lot as a player who brings what we need, can play the modern game and use his massive frame effectively, I just don't see Holl as reliable, at this point, I'm not his biggest fan and I would pay the extra few hundred thousand if possible for Oleksiak over Holl. I think Janmark has lost that underrated player label, hes become widely talked about after the deadline and his playoff performance, and I think he will get overpaid. As a fan of the team I will tell you it is not a lack of depth, the guys that make this team top-heavy are the ones who disappointed. It is issues within the players internally, the way they choose to play in the playoffs. There is needs but if we could have had our core guys play playoff hockey this team would have easily made it out of the North, maybe even further. Ill leave it at that, even though I disagree with some of it, you gave very good analysis.
si5137 a aimé ceci.
6 juin 2021 à 2 h 27
I think even so at least one team would want them. Even if it isnt for a third.

I see Holl having value he did have a decent season but as for Engvall just to many other options out there that you can get for league min and don’t have to waste a asset to acquire either

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage