Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $80 666 450 $0 $0 $833 550 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 3
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 4
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 6
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 3
1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 6
2 850 000 $2 850 000 $
C
UFA - 3
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
C
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 3
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Logo de Capitals de Washington
716 667 $716 667 $
G
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
AD
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
2 juin 2021 à 19 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,879
I support it as Washington and other teams trusted their process and won or are having playoff success. Not everyone wins their cups quickly like Toews and Crosby did. Patience is key
ZachHymanForTheHart a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2021 à 19 h 43
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 317
I really could not see Dubas moving any of the core, I like what you did here for the most part.

I would not be spending that much on a 2nd goaltender get a 1b to Campbell for around $2M

I would also like to see the Leaf's go after Saad
2 juin 2021 à 19 h 43
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 80
That's because Shanahan/Dubas are either stupid or stubborn like the idiot coach that didn't lift a finger to turn around an anemic power-play that lasted for weeks.
2 juin 2021 à 19 h 59
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,619
Quoting: Nylander88
That's because Shanahan/Dubas are either stupid or stubborn like the idiot coach that didn't lift a finger to turn around an anemic power-play that lasted for weeks.

As far as the Power Play goes, that's on Keefe mostly although I do want to put some blame on Dubas for not demanding changing up the Power Play.

Can't blame Dubas and Shanny for not wanting to change the core simply because there's no guarantee of success that way either.
Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2021 à 20 h 2
Dekesaladekes
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,039
Quoting: aadoyle
I support it as Washington and other teams trusted their process and won or are having playoff success. Not everyone wins their cups quickly like Toews and Crosby did. Patience is key

Such a bad comparison washington did not have 5, 1st round/ play in series loses in a row. Tampa, Washington, Boston all those teams trusted their core and made deep playoff runs way faster then maple leafs. and even when they didnt go far their stars still perfomed. Marner has not scored in 18 consecutive playoff games, and matthews is not scoring at nearly the pace he should be, they need to switch their core up you will not find any success by making the little tweaks they do every year. The bottom 9 is different almost ever year yet they dont go any further in playoffs so maybe theres a problem in the top 6. Just because management does want to make changes doesnt mean the players wont wanna leave. Matthews and marner outta be tired of losing and with big stars like eichel, gaudreau, Seth jones, matthew tkachuk, etc being available for trade this would be the year for those guys to be traded because teams actually have assests to use towards aquiring one of those 2.
2 juin 2021 à 20 h 15
Quoting: oneX
As far as the Power Play goes, that's on Keefe mostly although I do want to put some blame on Dubas for not demanding changing up the Power Play.

Can't blame Dubas and Shanny for not wanting to change the core simply because there's no guarantee of success that way either.

There's no guarantee for anything. That's the oddest excuse for/against any roster construction.

All I know is this is not a sign of progress. There's nothing about this that screams, "hey, we're onto something here!"

2021 Lost First Round
2020 Lost Play-in
2019 Lost First Round
2018 Lost First Round
2017 Lost First Round
2 juin 2021 à 20 h 18
There's no guarantee for anything. That's the oddest excuse for/against any roster construction.

All I know is this is not a sign of progress. There's nothing about this that screams, "hey, we're onto something here!"

2021 Lost First Round
2020 Lost Play-in
2019 Lost First Round
2018 Lost First Round
2017 Lost First Round

Well neither did putting out the same players on the Power Play yet that happened.

Why weren't the guys that were playing well get put with Matthews? I mean if you want to talk about change, this was something relatively simple and wouldn't cost anything yet it didn't happen.

WHY!?
2 juin 2021 à 20 h 22
BTW, this reminds me a bit of the time Babcock got fired because he wouldn't give the better players more ice time.

It's good to play your best players but when things don't work, play the guys that are producing chances/goals.
2 juin 2021 à 20 h 23
Well neither did putting out the same players on the Power Play yet that happened.

Why weren't the guys that were playing well get put with Matthews? I mean if you want to talk about change, this was something relatively simple and wouldn't cost anything yet it didn't happen.

WHY!?

I'm not sure if we're in total agreement here or not? lol

I agree 100%.

The failure to make adjustments on the PP and at 5X5 in the playoffs is mystifying. There's an old adage about doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result ...
oneX et Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2021 à 20 h 29
I'm not sure if we're in total agreement here or not? lol

I agree 100%.

The failure to make adjustments on the PP and at 5X5 in the playoffs is mystifying. There's an old adage about doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result ...

Right. I'm pissed off because games 5 through 7 had zero adjustments and now we will have to wait 10 months before we find out if Keefe can make in-game adjustments? Unbelievable!

Wait..why was Babcock fired? Oh yeah.. in-game adjustments. ****!
2 juin 2021 à 20 h 46
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,584

Mr. Shanahan is certainly not an idiot. The man has 3 Stanley cup rings too his name, gold medals from international play, and is in the hall of fame. As far as being stubborn, he's an old school player who adopted analytics because he could see the way the game was changing. He has more hockey knowledge in the tip of his pinky finger than everyone on here combined.

Dubas did a good job addressing this teams needs last off-season and at the deadline. This isn't too say he hasn't made mistakes or shouldn't shoulder part of the blame for what happened, but give credit where credit is due.

I understand the frustration (I'm frustrated too) and personally I think they need too at least listen and seriously consider offers on the core players. The problem is Matthews isn't going anywhere, neither is Tavares, Marner makes too much and Willy showed up this playoffs. Maybe Rielly, but they'll have to turn around and replace his minutes, plus Muzzin's injury history, so who do you move and for what? Remember it has too make sense for the trade partner as well.

As @oneX points out there's no guarantee that rout will work out either.
oneX et RangerWall92 a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2021 à 20 h 51

Can't blame the GM for that, you gotta let people do their job. That would only add more pressure too Keefe because he'd be second guessing every decision before making one. IMO, in situations like that you have to trust your gut. That being said, the power play needed to be changed up long before the playoffs started.
oneX a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2021 à 20 h 57

2021 Lost First Round
2020 Lost Play-in
2019 Lost First Round
2018 Lost First Round
2017 Lost First Round

I'm not saying I dissagree with you, as you make a valid argument, but Nylander was considered a playoff dud prior too this year's playoffs.
2 juin 2021 à 20 h 58
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
Can't blame the GM for that, you gotta let people do their job. That would only add more pressure too Keefe because he'd be second guessing every decision before making one. IMO, in situations like that you have to trust your gut. That being said, the power play needed to be changed up long before the playoffs started.

Honesty bud, when Marner and Hyman couldn't do a thing during game 5, lines should have been changed. Spezza, Nylander and Kerfoot were playing well and Keefe should have had a combination of those guys with Matthews.

This lack of in-game adjustments still bothering me and it's been how many days since game 7? Yeah...
2 juin 2021 à 21 h 1

WHY!?

You're right. IMO, Keefe should have been fired, I'm not sure why Dubas is even aloud to stick with him as the head coach. This team needs a different message and an established coach who will make the right calls and decisions in the playoffs.
2 juin 2021 à 21 h 3
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 64
Quoting: Dekes
Such a bad comparison washington did not have 5, 1st round/ play in series loses in a row. Tampa, Washington, Boston all those teams trusted their core and made deep playoff runs way faster then maple leafs. and even when they didnt go far their stars still perfomed. Marner has not scored in 18 consecutive playoff games, and matthews is not scoring at nearly the pace he should be, they need to switch their core up you will not find any success by making the little tweaks they do every year. The bottom 9 is different almost ever year yet they dont go any further in playoffs so maybe theres a problem in the top 6. Just because management does want to make changes doesnt mean the players wont wanna leave. Matthews and marner outta be tired of losing and with big stars like eichel, gaudreau, Seth jones, matthew tkachuk, etc being available for trade this would be the year for those guys to be traded because teams actually have assests to use towards aquiring one of those 2.

How is it a bad comparison? It’s fairly apt one in my opinion. Washington may have got further than Toronto has so far but they failed to get past the second round for 10 years before they got to the final and on multiple occasions were the seeded higher and few times won presidents trophy as best in league. So unless you’re calling winning a single round a “deep run” Caps never went on a deep run before finally breaking through and winning.
2 juin 2021 à 21 h 7
Right. I'm pissed off because games 5 through 7 had zero adjustments and now we will have to wait 10 months before we find out if Keefe can make in-game adjustments? Unbelievable!

Wait..why was Babcock fired? Oh yeah.. in-game adjustments. ****!

Sheldon should have been shown the door, he got out coached by an interim rookie coach when he had ample opportunities to adjust... absolutely inexcusable. Like I said I believe in pressure situations you have too trust your gut and I believe Keefe did which is very telling of where he is as a head coach.
oneX a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2021 à 21 h 10
Mr. Shanahan is certainly not an idiot. The man has 3 Stanley cup rings too his name, gold medals from international play, and is in the hall of fame. As far as being stubborn, he's an old school player who adopted analytics because he could see the way the game was changing. He has more hockey knowledge in the tip of his pinky finger than everyone on here combined.

Dubas did a good job addressing this teams needs last off-season and at the deadline. This isn't too say he hasn't made mistakes or shouldn't shoulder part of the blame for what happened, but give credit where credit is due.

I understand the frustration (I'm frustrated too) and personally I think they need too at least listen and seriously consider offers on the core players. The problem is Matthews isn't going anywhere, neither is Tavares, Marner makes too much and Willy showed up this playoffs. Maybe Rielly, but they'll have to turn around and replace his minutes, plus Muzzin's injury history, so who do you move and for what? Remember it has too make sense for the trade partner as well.

As oneX points out there's no guarantee that rout will work out either.

First of all, Shanahan is a POS human being that doesn't deserve the title "mister". He was hated on every team he played for because he was always thought to care more about his stats than winning. But more than that, he had a habit of sleeping with his teammate's wives/girlfriends. His wife was Mrs. Janney the first time he hooked up with her.

On-ice achievements have nothing to do with coaching/management ... see Wayne Gretzky.

Dubas obviously didn't address needs, or we wouldn't be here. Signing and trading for players that were impactful 5 years ago isn't exactly shoring up the weaknesses.
2 juin 2021 à 21 h 11
I'm not saying I dissagree with you, as you make a valid argument, but Nylander was considered a playoff dud prior too this year's playoffs.

Anyone that thought Nylander was a "playoff dud" was, is, and will always be a hater. That's fine.

2016-17 6 1 3 4 4
2017-18 7 1 3 4 -3
2018-19 7 1 2 3 1
2019-20 5 2 2 4 -3
2020-21 7 5 3 8 3

Career 32 10 13 23 2
2 juin 2021 à 21 h 12
Honesty bud, when Marner and Hyman couldn't do a thing during game 5, lines should have been changed. Spezza, Nylander and Kerfoot were playing well and Keefe should have had a combination of those guys with Matthews.

This lack of in-game adjustments still bothering me and it's been how many days since game 7? Yeah...

I agree, except I think our pp needed to be changed long before the playoffs. If I was in charge of a pp I would constantly be changing personal and strategy making it harder for teams to defend.
2 juin 2021 à 21 h 15
Dekesaladekes
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,039
Quoting: BigAnderson
How is it a bad comparison? It’s fairly apt one in my opinion. Washington may have got further than Toronto has so far but they failed to get past the second round for 10 years before they got to the final and on multiple occasions were the seeded higher and few times won presidents trophy as best in league. So unless you’re calling winning a single round a “deep run” Caps never went on a deep run before finally breaking through and winning.

Actually caps made it to game 7 and 2 of those years of the second round that’s 7 games farther then toronto has yet. Plus Toronto’s team is much better then what ovi had so that’s also another factor young ovi didnt have 4 all stars on his team like matthews does with, marner, nylander Tavares and Reilly and even muzzin is a solid defencemen probably plays top line for half the league
KingSalming21 a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2021 à 21 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,879
Modifié 2 juin 2021 à 21 h 51
Quoting: Dekes

Washington is a very good comparable as for years they could not either get past round 1 round 2 especially when they faced the penguins and rangers. The team did not have playoff success for a long time and fans started to doubt if they ever would. then in 2018 they got their **** together and won the cup

if we look at Washington before their cup in the last 10 years

2008 (Round 1 lost in 7 to PhI)
2009 (Round 1 lost in 7 to NYR)
2010 (Round 1 lost in 7 to MTL)
2011 (Round 2 lost in 4 to TMP)
2012 (Round 2 lost in 7 to NYR)
2013 (Round 1 lost in 7 to NYR)
2014 (Did not make it)
2015 (Round 2 lost in 7 to NYR)
2016 (Round 2 lost in 6 to Pit)
2017 (Round 2 lost in 7 to Pit)
2018 (Won in 5 vs. Veg)
2019-2021 (round 1 exits)

so in 10 years they had

1 not make it
4 first round exits in 7 games
1 second round exit in 4 games
1 second round exit in 6 games
and 2 second round exits in 7 games
with a cup in the end

and in most of those years Ovechkin was scoring 50 goals a season
2 juin 2021 à 21 h 28
Quoting: BigAnderson

What makes it a bad comparison is saying the Washington Capitals stuck with the same group of players and finally won it. I can find exactly two players that were together for the decade window you reference.
2 juin 2021 à 21 h 34
First of all, Shanahan is a POS human being that doesn't deserve the title "mister". He was hated on every team he played for because he was always thought to care more about his stats than winning. But more than that, he had a habit of sleeping with his teammate's wives/girlfriends. His wife was Mrs. Janney the first time he hooked up with her.

On-ice achievements have nothing to do with coaching/management ... see Wayne Gretzky.

Not sure what any of that has to do with his hockey knowledge. You're right Gretzky failed but so far Shanahan has done a good job of tearing everything down and building this team back up. I'm not saying this management group and coaching staff haven't made mistakes, but nobody is perfect.

Dubas did a good job when considering what he could do. Part of that is his fault for the contracts he handed out previously but he did a good job addressing this teams needs. We have a young team who needed between leadership which he brought in as well as adressing toughness.

''Dubas obviously didn't address needs, or we wouldn't be here. Signing and trading for players that were impactful 5 years ago isn't exactly shoring up the weaknesses.''

As for this Spezza looked pretty good to me.
2 juin 2021 à 21 h 40

You called him "'mister", like I'm supposed to have some sort of respect for the man. And all that has about as much to with his knowledge of running a hockey club as his player resume you introduced as evidence.

And yes, I agree, Spezza is awesome. And in the presser today Dubas stated that he and Keefe would have to sit down and discuss bringing him back. That tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about the people running the show here. They have to DISCUSS bringing Spezza, who already said he wants to, come back.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage