Forums/Armchair-GM

WHAT MORE CAN DUBAS AND KEEFE DO

Créé par: Nate
Date de création initiale: mai 29, 2021
Publié: 29 mai à 23 h 57
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Explications
These 2 guys have literally dragged Toronto out of the dark ages, only for the team to fail them when it really matters.
Rachats de contrats
  • Mikhail Grabovski: 0 $
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
  • Phil Kessel: 1 200 000 $ (15%)
ANNÉE DE REPÊCHAGERONDE 1RONDE 2RONDE 3RONDE 4RONDE 5RONDE 6RONDE 7
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS BONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $88 518 908 $0 $0 $-7 018 908 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
TOR
Foligno, Nick
1 375 000 $
AG, C, AD
NMC NTC
UFA - 1
TOR
Matthews, Auston
11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
TOR
Marner, Mitchell
10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
TOR
Galchenyuk, Alex
1 050 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 1
TOR
Kerfoot, Alexander
3 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 3
TOR
Nylander, William
6 962 366 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
TOR
Mikheyev, Ilya
1 645 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
TOR
Engvall, Pierre
1 250 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 2
TOR
Hyman, Zach
2 250 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 1
TOR
Simmonds, Wayne
1 500 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 1
TOR
Brooks, Adam
725 000 $
C
RFA - 2
TOR
Spezza, Jason
700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
TOR
Rielly, Morgan
5 000 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 2
TOR
Brodie, TJ
5 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
TOR
Campbell, Jack
1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
TOR
Sandin, Rasmus
894 167 $
DG
RFA - 2
TOR
Holl, Justin
2 000 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 3
TOR
Rittich, David
1 375 000 $
G
UFA - 1
TOR
Dermott, Travis
874 125 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
TOR
Bogosian, Zach
1 000 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 1
TOR
Andersen, Frederik
5 000 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
TOR
Nash, Riley
2 750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
TOR
Tavares, John
11 000 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 5
TOR
Thornton, Joe
700 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
TOR
Muzzin, Jake
5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
TOR
Hutton, Ben
950 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
30 mai à 0 h 00
RangerWall92
Rejoint: nov 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 956
They play for the big a** money they cried and begged their mommy and daddy for. They don't give two sh*ts about playing hockey
30 mai à 0 h 00
Rejoint: jun 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,275
Dubas can do a lot more considering those contracts
30 mai à 0 h 03
Rejoint: jui 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,254
If the team keeps underperforming and getting worse results every season, you've got to look at institutional issues. Dubas is as good as fired already.
30 mai à 0 h 07
Roster Architect
Rejoint: mar 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 503
Keefe needs to be better. He's had his chances to get the Matthews line away from Danault more, especially in home games, and hasn't. When Matthews isn't producing he needs to get him out in better situations. Keefe also needs to figure the PP out. That's on him now. 2 years and 2 different assistant coaches running the PP so now it's up to the head coach. There's no movement. Everyone is stationary until they get the puck which is too predictable. Keefe needs to adjust or it's game over.
Nylander88 a aimé ceci.
30 mai à 0 h 11
Hockey247
Rejoint: jui 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 326
maturity and leadership. leafs don't have that. skill? talent? they have an abundance of it. hardwork? nope. especially amongst the star players. they rely too much on skill. if im being honest here, leafs need a brendan gallaghar, a guy who gives a 110% on every shift and takes his team out the the trenches. but i don't think theres an advanced stat for that, so dubas won't sign a player like that.
tsyls a aimé ceci.
30 mai à 0 h 12
Rejoint: jun 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,814
Honestly, Toronto needs a core shakeup if they can’t beat the habs on Monday.
DoubleADoubleK a aimé ceci.
30 mai à 0 h 18
Rejoint: jan 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,762
If they really do boot it in game 7, they need to make a drastic change to that group. To me, Morgan Reilly is a guy you move, and if you move a forward, it's the 11mil winger who hasn't scored a playoff goal since 2019.
DoubleADoubleK a aimé ceci.
30 mai à 0 h 26
Mentions "j'aime": 4,387
Quoting: Hockey247
maturity and leadership. leafs don't have that. skill? talent? they have an abundance of it. hardwork? nope. especially amongst the star players. they rely too much on skill. if im being honest here, leafs need a brendan gallaghar, a guy who gives a 110% on every shift and takes his team out the the trenches. but i don't think theres an advanced stat for that, so dubas won't sign a player like that.

Hyman is their Gallagher but more physical
I don’t know anymore what they need
They are just cursed
30 mai à 0 h 29
Hockey247
Quoting: GMs
They are just cursed

hyman is good, but he's not gallaghar. gallaghar is a good 2 steps above him.
GMs a aimé ceci.
30 mai à 0 h 30
hyman is good, but he's not gallaghar. gallaghar is a good 2 steps above him.

They should go after Blake Coleman big time this offseason
Hockey247 a aimé ceci.
30 mai à 0 h 41
Roster Architect

They have a better Gallagher. That's Hyman. Gallagher has been pretty unnoticeable for most of the series. At least Hyman has been buzzing for most of it.
Nylander88 a aimé ceci.
30 mai à 0 h 42
Hockey247
Quoting: TrueCanuck
They have a better Gallagher. That's Hyman. Gallagher has been pretty unnoticeable for most of the series. At least Hyman has been buzzing for most of it.

its not just the series man. its the whole body of work. gallaghar gives a 110% on every shift. not a lot of players do that. hyman is not one of them.
30 mai à 0 h 49
Roster Architect
its not just the series man. its the whole body of work. gallaghar gives a 110% on every shift. not a lot of players do that. hyman is not one of them.

Hyman's given his all every shift the whole damn season. Have you not watched him? He was the guy that they could move up and down the lineup because he got each line he was on going. It's the only reason why people even mention the idea of him getting $6M in free agency. He's better than Gallagher.
Nylander88 a aimé ceci.
30 mai à 1 h 00
Rejoint: avr 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 59
Keefe needs to be better. He's had his chances to get the Matthews line away from Danault more, especially in home games, and hasn't. When Matthews isn't producing he needs to get him out in better situations. Keefe also needs to figure the PP out. That's on him now. 2 years and 2 different assistant coaches running the PP so now it's up to the head coach. There's no movement. Everyone is stationary until they get the puck which is too predictable. Keefe needs to adjust or it's game over.

I couldn't agree more. And I think he can be better. But you're right, he seems to have a bit of a stubborn side akin to that of Babcock.

I haven't liked the way he's handled the Dermott/Sandin situation in the playoffs for one. He's benched both of them now after a good game, and in each case, they've both had bad timing give-aways. I think its played with their heads, now they both think they have to "do more".

I didn't like breaking up the Gally/Kerf/Nylander line tonight either. They've played so well the entire series. I would have liked to have seen Foligno go into Hyman's spot and then have the third line comprised of Soup/Engvall/Hyman. The first line needed a jolt, and that other trio had played great together before. I think with Hyman there that line could have been a mismatch.

Just my thoughts on some things with Keefe.
TrueCanuck, GMs et Nate a aimé ceci.
30 mai à 1 h 00
Hyman's given his all every shift the whole damn season. Have you not watched him? He was the guy that they could move up and down the lineup because he got each line he was on going. It's the only reason why people even mention the idea of him getting $6M in free agency. He's better than Gallagher.

He’s not better than Gallagher, if he is he’ll get 6M+ this offseason. If he gets 4Mish, than no he’s not
Hockey247 a aimé ceci.
30 mai à 1 h 03

You can argue that Gallaghar brings more offense to the table maybe. But to say Hyman doesn't have his work ethic is crazy. In fact, if we're to cede that Gallaghar has more natural talent, it proves Hyman has to work harder for his results.
30 mai à 1 h 03
Hockey247

not even close lmao. gallaghar does more than hyman plus he can score. he's got b2b 30 goal seasons to prove it and one of the best 5v5 goal scoring rates in the league over the last 5 years.
30 mai à 1 h 03
Roster Architect
Quoting: Nylander88
I couldn't agree more. And I think he can be better. But you're right, he seems to have a bit of a stubborn side akin to that of Babcock.

I haven't liked the way he's handled the Dermott/Sandin situation in the playoffs for one. He's benched both of them now after a good game, and in each case, they've both had bad timing give-aways. I think its played with their heads, now they both think they have to "do more".

I didn't like breaking up the Gally/Kerf/Nylander line tonight either. They've played so well the entire series. I would have liked to have seen Foligno go into Hyman's spot and then have the third line comprised of Soup/Engvall/Hyman. The first line needed a jolt, and that other trio had played great together before. I think with Hyman there that line could have been a mismatch.

Just my thoughts on some things with Keefe.

I actually really like the opinion on all of this. I also really like the Galchenyuk/Kerfoot/Nylander line and didn't get why he changed it. That line with Foligno on it looks out of place, mainly because you have 3 natural wingers on it. & I like the idea of going back to Hyman/Engvall/Mikheyev which is a line that worked well early in the season as an energy line. Foligno shoulda been the guy to get Matthews and Marner going but I guess Toronto just likes paying 1st round picks for nothing from a guy 🤷🏻‍♂️
Nylander88 a aimé ceci.
30 mai à 1 h 05
Roster Architect
He’s not better than Gallagher, if he is he’ll get 6M+ this offseason. If he gets 4Mish, than no he’s not

Gallagher's overpaid because he was a fan favourite. Judging who's better based off of what they're paid is a terrible way to judge players 😂
Nate a aimé ceci.
30 mai à 1 h 06
I actually really like the opinion on all of this. I also really like the Galchenyuk/Kerfoot/Nylander line and didn't get why he changed it. That line with Foligno on it looks out of place, mainly because you have 3 natural wingers on it. & I like the idea of going back to Hyman/Engvall/Mikheyev which is a line that worked well early in the season as an energy line. Foligno shoulda been the guy to get Matthews and Marner going but I guess Toronto just likes paying 1st round picks for nothing from a guy 🤷🏻‍♂️

Absolutely. If they don't get past the first this year, the first-rounder was a total give-away.
30 mai à 1 h 17
Gallagher's overpaid because he was a fan favourite. Judging who's better based off of what they're paid is a terrible way to judge players 😂

How many 30 goals seasons do Hyman have playing with Matthews and Marner ?

Gallagher is playing with Philip Danault, a defensive minded center

Gallagher is more valuable than Hyman

But I do like Hyman A LOT, but he doesn’t have the same scoring touch that Gallagher have
30 mai à 1 h 37
Mentions "j'aime": 1,932
They are just cursed

They need better balance through their lineup. I love watching high end talent light it up as much as the next guy. However when you have 4 guys eating half the cap and having to rely on 2 1st lines (with Tavares in the lineup) and 2 4th lines and only 3 top 4 dmen (Brodie, Reilly and Muzzin) and 4 6-7 D men (Sandin, Holl, Dermott and Bogosian) and are relying on slightly above average goaltending. Compare that to Montreal who has 3 2nd lines and a 3rd line (if Staal is out) 5 top 4 D men (Petry, Weber, Edmundson, Chairot and Romanov (when he plays)) and 2 #5 D men (Kulak and Gustafsson). And Carey Price tending net who is still an elite goalie when it counts and earns every bit of his 10.5 mil contract when the chips are down. There is an age old saying that will beats skill everytime. Right now Montreal has the will and Toronto has the skill. That being said Toronto can save this series if Matthew's from game 2 shows up, Reilly gets some backbone, Marner shows up in any form and a D man other than Muzzin shows up for the game. Nylander and Hyman have played well enough to earn more ice time IMO. Those 2 have shown both the will and skill all series. Toronto also needs team defense in their own end, when they have the puck in the O zone they cycle well but in the D zone they start to chase the game and get discombobulated through the neutral zone in transition.

Leaf lineup I would consider is

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Galchenyuk-Foligno (Tavares if available)-Marner
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Spezza (Foligno if Tavares in)
Simmonds-Thorton-Brook

Muzzin-Brodie
Reilly-Dermott
Sandin-Holl
Anderson
Campbell
30 mai à 2 h 30
Quoting: Campabee
They need better balance through their lineup. I love watching high end talent light it up as much as the next guy. However when you have 4 guys eating half the cap and having to rely on 2 1st lines (with Tavares in the lineup) and 2 4th lines and only 3 top 4 dmen (Brodie, Reilly and Muzzin) and 4 6-7 D men (Sandin, Holl, Dermott and Bogosian) and are relying on slightly above average goaltending. Compare that to Montreal who has 3 2nd lines and a 3rd line (if Staal is out) 5 top 4 D men (Petry, Weber, Edmundson, Chairot and Romanov (when he plays)) and 2 #5 D men (Kulak and Gustafsson). And Carey Price tending net who is still an elite goalie when it counts and earns every bit of his 10.5 mil contract when the chips are down. There is an age old saying that will beats skill everytime. Right now Montreal has the will and Toronto has the skill. That being said Toronto can save this series if Matthew's from game 2 shows up, Reilly gets some backbone, Marner shows up in any form and a D man other than Muzzin shows up for the game. Nylander and Hyman have played well enough to earn more ice time IMO. Those 2 have shown both the will and skill all series. Toronto also needs team defense in their own end, when they have the puck in the O zone they cycle well but in the D zone they start to chase the game and get discombobulated through the neutral zone in transition.

Leaf lineup I would consider is

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Galchenyuk-Foligno (Tavares if available)-Marner
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Spezza (Foligno if Tavares in)
Simmonds-Thorton-Brook

Muzzin-Brodie
Reilly-Dermott
Sandin-Holl
Anderson
Campbell

MTL have 1 2nd line, 2 3rd line and one 4th line
Top2 dman : Petry
Top 4 dman : (Playoffs Chiarot) (Playoffs Weber) Edmundson
#5 Kulak
#6 Romanov
#7 Merrill
#7 (at best Gustafsson)

Toronto have a #1 in Reilly
Two #2 in Muzzin and Brodie
One #5 in Holl
Three #6 in Sandin Bogosian Dermott

Leafs are better than you think, they just need more heart from guys like Nylander Marner because Kerfoot Spezza showed up
30 mai à 8 h 44
FoxCzarCup
Rejoint: avr 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 436
THIS JUST IN...
TMLSAGE/TYKA??? MIA
crickets...
30 mai à 11 h 22
Mentions "j'aime": 1,932
MTL have 1 2nd line, 2 3rd line and one 4th line
Top2 dman : Petry
Top 4 dman : (Playoffs Chiarot) (Playoffs Weber) Edmundson
#5 Kulak
#6 Romanov
#7 Merrill
#7 (at best Gustafsson)

Toronto have a #1 in Reilly
Two #2 in Muzzin and Brodie
One #5 in Holl
Three #6 in Sandin Bogosian Dermott

Leafs are better than you think, they just need more heart from guys like Nylander Marner because Kerfoot Spezza showed up

The fact that you have Gustafsson below Merrill who has been worse than any AHL call up we have has all season, tells me everything I need to know.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Supprimer une option
Soumettre le sondage