SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Minnesota Wild

Dang proud of the Boys

29 mai 2021 à 12 h 52
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 817
I don't know about everybody else but I am super proud of what this team accomplished this year! Didn't end the way we wanted it to but I see some vast improvement from a lot of players that will hopefully continue that trend upwards. I'm excited for the future as it looks bright in Minnesota. Let's Go WILD!
4 juin 2021 à 9 h 11
14m in dead cap
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,043
Quoting: mnwild1790
I don't know about everybody else but I am super proud of what this team accomplished this year! Didn't end the way we wanted it to but I see some vast improvement from a lot of players that will hopefully continue that trend upwards. I'm excited for the future as it looks bright in Minnesota. Let's Go WILD!

Agreed, I never thought they would be as bad as people on here thought but I didn't think they would be in striking distance of the division title. I really, really, really hope Guerin doesn't go after Eichel unless it's an absolute steal because I think the team has a solid future ahead of it. Guerin still has a lot of work to do, but I don't think his job is impossible.
mnwild1790 a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2021 à 12 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: JayTea
Agreed, I never thought they would be as bad as people on here thought but I didn't think they would be in striking distance of the division title. I really, really, really hope Guerin doesn't go after Eichel unless it's an absolute steal because I think the team has a solid future ahead of it. Guerin still has a lot of work to do, but I don't think his job is impossible.

Exactly my thoughts. If we sell the farm for Eichel, it'd be such a huge risk and I kind of want to grow from within at this point. We just need to keep building on the foundation that's there.
JayTea a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2021 à 8 h 14
14m in dead cap
Seeing Vegas make it past Colorado makes me feel better about the Wilds future having taken Vegas to 7. Billy G has some work to do, but there's plenty of reasons to be optimistic.
mnwild1790 a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 10 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Seeing Vegas make it past Colorado makes me feel better about the Wilds future having taken Vegas to 7. Billy G has some work to do, but there's plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

I agree. I know Colorado was still far superior in skill to us, but the fact we took Vegas to 7 and they were able to beat the Avs in 6, makes me feel so much more optimistic about the direction of this franchise.
14 juin 2021 à 20 h 35
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
The players did good.

I'd like to have seen the team Fenton put together, not the mess GMBG made of the roster.
16 juin 2021 à 18 h 18
14m in dead cap
Quoting: wabit
The players did good.

I'd like to have seen the team Fenton put together, not the mess GMBG made of the roster.

How has Guerin made a mess of the roster? He brought in some expiring deals with Cup experience that you could argue helped the locker room. The biggest problems the team faces is navigating Parise and Suter, which were Fletcher and Leipold's doing. Fenton signed Zuccarello which is another NMC to navigate with Seattle. Guerin extended Spurgeon and Brodin, shipped out Staal and Pateryn, and moved Kunin for someone to play now and some futures we're years from knowing what is there. I wish he had gotten more for Donato, but that move was to give him a chance to play higher in the lineup than he'd get in Minnesota and it's not like other teams were blowing up his phone with better offers. I just don't see how he made a mess of a roster that was already severely flawed.
16 juin 2021 à 18 h 34
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
How has Guerin made a mess of the roster? He brought in some expiring deals with Cup experience that you could argue helped the locker room. The biggest problems the team faces is navigating Parise and Suter, which were Fletcher and Leipold's doing. Fenton signed Zuccarello which is another NMC to navigate with Seattle. Guerin extended Spurgeon and Brodin, shipped out Staal and Pateryn, and moved Kunin for someone to play now and some futures we're years from knowing what is there. I wish he had gotten more for Donato, but that move was to give him a chance to play higher in the lineup than he'd get in Minnesota and it's not like other teams were blowing up his phone with better offers. I just don't see how he made a mess of a roster that was already severely flawed.

Guerin traded a middle-6 center (Staal), a middle-6 wing/center (Kunin), and a 4th line wing (Donato) for a 4th line wing, and 2 pressbox players.

He also re-signed Spurgeon to an awful contract, which messed up the 7-3-1 expansion draft and the cap.
16 juin 2021 à 19 h 23
14m in dead cap
Quoting: wabit
Guerin traded a middle-6 center (Staal), a middle-6 wing/center (Kunin), and a 4th line wing (Donato) for a 4th line wing, and 2 pressbox players.

He also re-signed Spurgeon to an awful contract, which messed up the 7-3-1 expansion draft and the cap.

You're being generous calling Staal a middle 6 player after the season he just had. The Kunin trade had futures which we don't know what those will be for awhile. Spurgeon? 30 other GMs (31 if you count Fenton) would have done the same thing. You don't like Spurgeon, but he's a top pairing defenseman signed to a top pairing contract. It's fine for now, though it'll likely hurt before it's over. Fenton would have made the same move so stop acting like Guerin is the only guy who would have done that.
TanSor et mnwild1790 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage