Forums/Armchair-GM

Bye coach stick check

Créé par: pharrow
Équipe: 2021-22 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 26 mai 2021
Publié: 26 mai 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
It starts with the coach period. Most of us knew this was coming one way or another.
Sully's days are done. They have to be. He's too arrogant, his head is way to big. He doesn't know how to coach. He rode a good team that was significantly faster than everyone else to a cup, and mistook that for him being a genius. We'll it's clear he isn't.
You can't win with a team that is easily rattled. And being 5'10 all across the board is where that ends. You also can't win when a coach can't admit his game planning and decision making sucks. There is no need for 5000 shots from the blue line while you skate 3 forwards who all have a better shot but do nothing but pass the puck around till Matheson or Pettersson are shooting. FFS, if you have to slap someone upside the head to make it clear to shoot the F puck than do it already. Sully is incapable of figuring out how to coach a team.
This team needs some tough love. They won two cups and are way to comfortable. They pass up on shots, they don't check, they don't stand people up at the blue line, they don't take away space. None of that says win a cup. It's been that way all year, and that's how you knew this was coming.
The coach goes, and the changes come in.
This team needs to play the youth. I'm tired of hearing excuses as to why not. Most of these roles are low minute roles and they don't have any cap space so it's going to have to be that way.
There also has to be a real message sent this offseason. Guys not playing hard need to know there is no more free passes. That includes Crosby. It needs to be made clear. Other teams are going to pound on you, you better finish your checks and play hard. If Crosby is too much of a () to hit anyone, then sit him. Period. It's about tone. The whole team has to buy in, or no one will.
No one expects him to go out there and be Matt Martin. But if you got a guy lined up for a hit, you take it, you don't just turn and skate away. They aren't letting up on you and they need to add enough guys around them to make sure people can back up the smaller players. This is the only way to get teams to stop leaning on them. Period.

The hardest part in looking at this team is realizing two things.
A. there is no tomorrow. Sitting on guys is not the solution. It's time to play them.
B. there are only so many spaces on it. Which means it's time to move some guys out to collect those future assets.

This team adds a little bit more size and Grit. Poulin is 6'2 220lbs. Is the first big physical forward they have had in a long time.
Caulfield is a big physical 4C, who has been groomed for that role already in the NCAA.
Legare isn't the biggest guy but he's 200+lbs and gritty. He'll be ok on that 4th line.
The backend they add a rough guy in Dillon and Nemeth.
They also bring in a guy in Poolman who has a little bit of size.

Lastly Lawson is a pretty big guy and can help play a more physical game.

But truth is that has to start with the coach. It has to be made clear they have to be willing to play physical.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3800 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
31 500 000 $
32 000 000 $
2850 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
32 000 000 $
33 500 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Dillon, Brenden
32 900 000 $
Transactions
PIT
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
EDM feels like the right move here. They need fast young players. I like McCann, he's a decent enough guy. But this isn't about skill on the roster, it's about balance. He's not capable of balancing the roster out.
PIT
    Dillon at 2.9. Seattle takes Dillon from WSH, with WSH giving them a little something to do so.
    PIT
    1. Crouse, Lawson
    Détails additionnels:
    AZ needs to get younger on the blueline and they need defense.
    Matheson, despite the horrible opinions of capfriendly, has managed to rebound his career for two years in a row. AZ gets faster with better puck handling on their Blueline. I also take into account OEL probably getting moved.
    PIT
    1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
    Détails additionnels:
    Seems like a TOR kind of move.
    They keep wanting to ship out Kerfoot, Carter gives them a 3C.
    PIT
    1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (NYI)
    Détails additionnels:
    You aren't going to find a 2LD with term without giving something up. I see a lot of wood trades, but I just don't see the penguins as having roster space. You can only play so many guys. He's worth more than a 2nd. So the late 1st it is.
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2381 500 000 $73 252 500 $0 $982 500 $8 247 500 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 3
    8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    863 333 $863 333 $
    C, AG
    RFA - 3
    9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 2
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
    1 533 333 $1 533 333 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    800 000 $800 000 $
    AD
    RFA
    789 167 $789 167 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
    AD
    RFA - 3
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AG
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 3
    4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 6
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    Dillon, Brenden
    2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 4
    1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    725 000 $725 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    26 mai 2021 à 23 h 47
    Rejoint: juill. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,332
    No from NJ
    27 mai 2021 à 0 h 9
    I know more than you
    Rejoint: févr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 438
    This is exactly what not to do.

The roster does not need a massive overhaul. Trading away good players like McCann, Pettersson, and Carter does not help the goal of this team right now which is to compete for at least one more year. Those players should be kept.

The Pens didn't lose to the Isles because of their lack of grit. They were the better team for 4 of the 6 games. Jarry lost them this series. Rushing prospects to the NHL that may not be ready just because they're big is not going to improve the team, it'll make the team worse and it may also hinder the prospects' development. Adding players like Lawson Crouse just because they have size is how you shoot down this teams remaining chances of competing.

What did you want Sullivan to do? As mentioned before, the Pens were the better team this series and in the end it came down to goaltending. Sullivan should be given another year and then a coaching change should be considered.

Blowing 5.5M of cap on players that just aren't needed like Poolman and Nemeth (when better and cheaper alternatives are already on the roster) is simply unnecessary.

This team doesn't need a lot to be changed. Keep the roster generally the same aside from moving someone like Matheson and maybe adding a 3rd line winger.
    27 mai 2021 à 0 h 22
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Rejoint: juin 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
    Quoting: Dpellz90

The roster does not need a massive overhaul. Trading away good players like McCann, Pettersson, and Carter does not help the goal of this team right now which is to compete for at least one more year. Those players should be kept.

The Pens didn't lose to the Isles because of their lack of grit. They were the better team for 4 of the 6 games. Jarry lost them this series. Rushing prospects to the NHL that may not be ready just because they're big is not going to improve the team, it'll make the team worse and it may also hinder the prospects' development. Adding players like Lawson Crouse just because they have size is how you shoot down this teams remaining chances of competing.

What did you want Sullivan to do? As mentioned before, the Pens were the better team this series and in the end it came down to goaltending. Sullivan should be given another year and then a coaching change should be considered.

Blowing 5.5M of cap on players that just aren't needed like Poolman and Nemeth (when better and cheaper alternatives are already on the roster) is simply unnecessary.

This team doesn't need a lot to be changed. Keep the roster generally the same aside from moving someone like Matheson and maybe adding a 3rd line winger.

This is an old canadian saying.

yeah, no.
    27 mai 2021 à 0 h 31
    I know more than you
    Quoting: pharrow
    This is an old canadian saying.

yeah, no.

Ok so I'm correct in my belief you're talking out your a*s (which you do 99% of the time anyway so nothing new on your part)
    27 mai 2021 à 0 h 33
    Morgs
    Rejoint: sept. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 11

3 first round exits in a row, but somehow adding a third liner gets the team another cup? 😂😂
    I hope hextall and burkie blow this team up and bring in a coach who isn’t an ego maniac.
    27 mai 2021 à 0 h 40
    I know more than you
    Quoting: Morg_cheddar169
    3 first round exits in a row, but somehow adding a third liner gets the team another cup? 😂😂
    I hope hextall and burkie blow this team up and bring in a coach who isn’t an ego maniac.

This comment shows that you're unable to comprehend the fact that teams change from one season to another. The Pens teams of 2018-2020 were not the same as this one. Those teams had questionable depth offensively and had a lot of waste on defense (IE Schultz, Gudbranson, Johnson). This team did not have any noticeable flaw in it, they just ran into a hot goaltender and couldn't get a save if Jarry's life depended on it.

Blowing this team up now is objectively the wrong thing to do. The Pens have the roster to go on one more cup run, after that, it's time for a rebuild.

Sullivan is also not the problem. I've been critical of him too but he knows how to get the most out of the current roster and taking that ability away for an unfamiliar coach may have disastrous results.
    27 mai 2021 à 0 h 51
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    This comment shows that you're unable to comprehend the fact that teams change from one season to another. The Pens teams of 2018-2020 were not the same as this one. Those teams had questionable depth offensively and had a lot of waste on defense (IE Schultz, Gudbranson, Johnson). This team did not have any noticeable flaw in it, they just ran into a hot goaltender and couldn't get a save if Jarry's life depended on it.

Blowing this team up now is objectively the wrong thing to do. The Pens have the roster to go on one more cup run, after that, it's time for a rebuild.

Sullivan is also not the problem. I've been critical of him too but he knows how to get the most out of the current roster and taking that ability away for an unfamiliar coach may have disastrous results.

Sullivan's relatives on capfriendly trying to save his job tears of joy
    he's out!
    27 mai 2021 à 0 h 54
    Rejoint: mai 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
    The team doesn't need to be blown up, it needs better goaltending. Jarry isn't close to what Murray was in 15-16, or what Murray/MAF was in 16-17 for the Cup runs. Plain and simple a .900 sv% doesn't win any Playoff series. Bad goaltending loses more series than great goaltending steals series.

If Varmy (just as bad as Jarry) had started every game for NYI then PIT would have won the series in 5 games.
    27 mai 2021 à 1 h 4
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Quoting: wabit
    The team doesn't need to be blown up, it needs better goaltending. Jarry isn't close to what Murray was in 15-16, or what Murray/MAF was in 16-17 for the Cup runs. Plain and simple a .900 sv% doesn't win any Playoff series. Bad goaltending loses more series than great goaltending steals series.

If Varmy (just as bad as Jarry) had started every game for NYI then PIT would have won the series in 5 games.

The goalie didn't not score a goal in 2OT.
    The goalie did not leave a guy come down the wall to get the game winning goal.
    The goalie did also not make the dumb decision to not pull him at 3-3 when it was clear he was rattled.

The goalie did also not lose the series.
    Here is the actual reason WHY the team lost the series.
    The first 4 games, the top line had 3 points combined.
    Period. Stop the press. That's the series right there.
    They leaned on them, they couldn't handle it. Period.
    Team is soft. It doesn't finish checks, it doesn't stand people up at the blueline, it doesn't knock other players on their butt, which is exactly what happens to the penguins star players.
    You don't win games that way. Period.
    You can keep blaming everyone under the sun. You're just wrong.
    Changes need to occure, everyone can see this.
    27 mai 2021 à 2 h 42
    Rejoint: janv. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 367
    Disclaimer:

None of this is real. Pharrow is a troll and none of what he says represents the Penguins or it’s fanbase.

Fact is Pharrow has not ever watched a Penguins game in his life.

Carry on.
    27 mai 2021 à 2 h 46
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Quoting: ChampEddy
    Disclaimer:

None of this is real. Pharrow is a troll and none of what he says represents the Penguins or it’s fanbase.

Fact is Pharrow has not ever watched a Penguins game in his life.

Carry on.

Oh man, someone just told me your not even the real champEddy just a troll champeddy.....how pathetic is that tears of joy
    27 mai 2021 à 5 h 44
    Rejoint: oct. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 64
    I see legit points here. Agreed, firing Sullivan right away should be the first step. I really doubt that there will be that much young bodies, but some of them sure. When I was reading the part about coaching "This team needs some tough love." I imagined Tortorella, but I really hope they won't be considering him. What I actually can't understand is why would you trade Carter. I am absolutely sure it won't happen, unless Carter wants to be traded, and then you surely wouldn't be getting a higher pick than you gave up for him.
    27 mai 2021 à 6 h 37
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Quoting: mike384
    I see legit points here. Agreed, firing Sullivan right away should be the first step. I really doubt that there will be that much young bodies, but some of them sure. When I was reading the part about coaching "This team needs some tough love." I imagined Tortorella, but I really hope they won't be considering him. What I actually can't understand is why would you trade Carter. I am absolutely sure it won't happen, unless Carter wants to be traded, and then you surely wouldn't be getting a higher pick than you gave up for him.

His play is why. It's a mixed bag, for every good thing his being on the ice also led to bad things. He also really didn't provide what the team was desperately needing when they picked him up. They needed push back. Physical play. He didn't provide it. He was good on the dot, I'll give him that. The game wasn't boring with him out there. But he isn't great on the PK, and the 3C has to PK. It's not a choice.
    He's also 37 next year and I don't see a full season being beneficial to his game. It is what it is Younger faster more physical is what this teams needs to be.
    27 mai 2021 à 7 h 4
    Rejoint: oct. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 64
    Quoting: pharrow
    His play is why. It's a mixed bag, for every good thing his being on the ice also led to bad things. He also really didn't provide what the team was desperately needing when they picked him up. They needed push back. Physical play. He didn't provide it. He was good on the dot, I'll give him that. The game wasn't boring with him out there. But he isn't great on the PK, and the 3C has to PK. It's not a choice.
    He's also 37 next year and I don't see a full season being beneficial to his game. It is what it is Younger faster more physical is what this teams needs to be.

I don't view him as a 3C, I would prefer to play him on the RW. Alright you wanted him to be more physical, I don't see that a problem. I am sure they will address that, but you can't say he wasn't productive. At least give him some credit. The guy scored 13g in 20 games. A player like him can give a lot to young players.
    28 mai 2021 à 17 h 34
    Rejoint: déc. 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 166
    How are you still allowed to make **** trades like these?

Pettersson for a 1st

McCann for a 2nd

Carter for a 2nd

Getting out of Mattheson for a cheap depth guy

Boy what are you drinking when you come up with these?
    28 mai 2021 à 17 h 36
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Quoting: MadmanFromMadison
    How are you still allowed to make **** trades like these?

Pettersson for a 1st

McCann for a 2nd

Carter for a 2nd

Getting out of Mattheson for a cheap depth guy

Boy what are you drinking when you come up with these?

funny, when EDM fans are like, yeah. Because they won't find skilled winger with term on that cheap contract.
    But go on, enjoy your draino.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage