Forums/Armchair-GM

Oilers 2021 Offseason

Créé par: Jacer21
Équipe: 2021-22 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 26 mai 2021
Publié: 26 mai 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Here's a look at what I would want from the Oilers this offseason. Obviously, not everything I have is actually going to happen, and I may have been a little generous on some signings and trades, but I would be very happy if even half of these moves are able to happen.

Biggest need is getting depth for the bottom 6. The Oilers are basically running 2 4th lines right now minus McLeod, so picking up Palmieri and Wennberg (assuming they're available) would help add some experience and all around depth to the 3rd line. If we can manage to sign Blake Coleman he would be a huge boost. He's coming off a terrific season and is very fast and able to play in any situation. I see his speed being a nice fit beside McDavid and Puljujarvi.

Fingers crossed that Klefbom comes back off of IR. If not, then Edmonton may need to make a trade or signing for a 2nd pairing LD. I think they should re-sign Kulikov to fit the 3rd pair LD. He played well and didn't make very many mistakes.

Linus Ullmark was one of the few bright spots on Buffalo this season. He's only 27 and had a very good sv% on an awful team. Bringing him in to hold the fort down while Konovalov develops and bringing back Smith for one year could be a good short term solution to goaltending.

As for trades, I think Edmonton should get rid of Turris and Russell, if they can. If not, its not the end of the world as they only have a year left each on cheap contracts. Kassian is carrying a bigger contract so trading him to free up space would be nice. Caleb Jones is also likely gone to Seattle in the expansion draft.

Neal and Koskinen buyouts are almost a given at this point.

Anyways those are the moves I would make. What are your thoughts?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
32 500 000 $
1850 000 $
2925 000 $
2900 000 $
1950 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
55 500 000 $
11 000 000 $
44 500 000 $
12 000 000 $
33 500 000 $
33 500 000 $
24 250 000 $
21 200 000 $
33 750 000 $
Transactions
EDM
    EXPANSION DRAFT
    EDM
    1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2021 (NYR)
    NYR
    1. Kassian, Zack
    2. Choix de 7e ronde en 2021 (EDM)
    EDM
    1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2021 (SJS)
    EDM
    1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2022 (PHI)
    Rachats de contrats
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de SJS
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2681 500 000 $81 173 839 $669 339 $1 757 500 $326 161 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 6
    Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
    12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
    C
    UFA - 5
    1 175 000 $1 175 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    AG, C
    UFA - 8
    8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 4
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    AD
    RFA - 1
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    C
    UFA - 3
    834 167 $834 167 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
    C
    RFA - 1
    4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 4
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    950 000 $950 000 $
    AG, AD, C
    UFA
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    900 000 $900 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 1
    850 000 $850 000 $
    AG, C, AD
    UFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    5 600 000 $5 600 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
    G
    UFA - 4
    4 167 000 $4 167 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    DD
    RFA - 2
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 2
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 4
    785 000 $785 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    DG
    RFA - 3
    725 000 $725 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    26 mai 2021 à 18 h 19
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    Rejoint: juin 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 24,611
    I like the overall strategy and all of the players you-ve targeted to sign. I only demur to the realism of the Palmieri signing -- I don't think he's going anywhere that they don't virtually guarantee him top-6 minutes.

That being said, the bottom 6 was exposed by Winnipeg and I think you're going to have to find some impact players there. But this is a good foundation from which to start.

P.S. Welcome to CapFriendly, by the way. This may be the best initial effort I've ever seen on CF.
    ChrisPy97 et Jacer21 a aimé ceci.
    26 mai 2021 à 18 h 27
    Rejoint: sept. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 4
    I like the addition of Coleman. That 3rd line is very expensive well mainly the two guys are. that 4th line is brutal Winnipeg walked all over the oilers bottom 6 you need a better 4th line if you plan on going far
    Jacer21 a aimé ceci.
    26 mai 2021 à 18 h 36
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: mai 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 2
    Quoting: OldNYIfan
    I like the overall strategy and all of the players you-ve targeted to sign. I only demur to the realism of the Palmieri signing -- I don't think he's going anywhere that they don't virtually guarantee him top-6 minutes.

That being said, the bottom 6 was exposed by Winnipeg and I think you're going to have to find some impact players there. But this is a good foundation from which to start.

P.S. Welcome to CapFriendly, by the way. This may be the best initial effort I've ever seen on CF.

Thanks, man. I'm not expecting Palmieri to sign and there are other guys out there if he doesn't. If he does sign, he could easily rotate into the top 6 and Yamo or Pulju could come down (preferably Yamo).
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    26 mai 2021 à 18 h 41
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Oilers21
    I like the addition of Coleman. That 3rd line is very expensive well mainly the two guys are. that 4th line is brutal Winnipeg walked all over the oilers bottom 6 you need a better 4th line if you plan on going far

Yeah I don't expect any of this to actually happen, but I think Wennberg and Coleman are the two guys the Oilers should try hardest to get this offseason. Palmieri is a proven veteran and could slide into the top 6 and Yamo could slot down if needed, but I don't expect them to sign him, there are other options out there. As for the 4th line, Kahun is good, he was just being played on the 1st and 2nd line most of the season when in reality he's more of a bottom 6 forward. Archie plays good defensively and is able to lay the body. He doesn't make too many mistakes. Ennis is extremely fast and played better than Neal, Chiasson, Turris, etc this season who were all on the 4th line just as often if not more than he was. Obviously it's not perfect but they won't really have to do a whole lot other than keep the other team off the board and try to chip in with a goal every now and then.

Appreciate the feedback!
    26 mai 2021 à 18 h 49
    Sens Sicko from '06
    Rejoint: avr. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 279
    Quoting: Oilers21

On average that's a third line salary total for a contending team. I also think that you're underrating Archibald - he's been one of Edmonton's only good two-way players recently. I agree though that they have to move on from Kahun
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    26 mai 2021 à 18 h 51
    Sens Sicko from '06
    Rejoint: avr. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 279
    Quoting: Jacer21
    Yeah I don't expect any of this to actually happen, but I think Wennberg and Coleman are the two guys the Oilers should try hardest to get this offseason. Palmieri is a proven veteran and could slide into the top 6 and Yamo could slot down if needed, but I don't expect them to sign him, there are other options out there. As for the 4th line, Kahun is good, he was just being played on the 1st and 2nd line most of the season when in reality he's more of a bottom 6 forward. Archie plays good defensively and is able to lay the body. He doesn't make too many mistakes. Ennis is extremely fast and played better than Neal, Chiasson, Turris, etc this season who were all on the 4th line just as often if not more than he was. Obviously it's not perfect but they won't really have to do a whole lot other than keep the other team off the board and try to chip in with a goal every now and then.

Appreciate the feedback!

I appreciate the position. If I'm Edmonton I'd leave Palmieri alone (he's likely staying near NY cuz that's where he lives and is from), sign Coleman like you did but for the third line, and then go after a true top 6 winger like Hoffman, Hyman, or Tatar. You could get any of those guys for about $1 million more than that Palmieri contract
    Jacer21 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    26 mai 2021 à 18 h 56
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: ChrisPy97
    I appreciate the position. If I'm Edmonton I'd leave Palmieri alone (he's likely staying near NY cuz that's where he lives and is from), sign Coleman like you did but for the third line, and then go after a true top 6 winger like Hoffman, Hyman, or Tatar. You could get any of those guys for about $1 million more than that Palmieri contract

Ah I didn't know that he was from there. Then yeah, he likely is staying in NY. I like your three suggestions. If Hyman hits the open market I would probably prefer him out of those three options, but they're all solid and can play a top 6 role.

Thanks for the feedback!
    ChrisPy97 a aimé ceci.
    26 mai 2021 à 18 h 59
    Ban Price trades
    Rejoint: oct. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
    To play off of @OldNYIFan, I don't suspect Palmieri to leave the Tri-State area: however, if we assign Broberg to the AHL, trade Stalock to a cap-strapped team for spare parts, and drop one of the '5th-line forwards' to be roster-compliant, there's more than enough money to sign Saad or Tatar over Palmieri and push Yamamoto to the #3RW.

The money works but I reckon there's a different #4C signed than Kahun: something more of a guarantee for faceoffs and/or PK I suspect. Even reuniting the Ennis-Khaira-Archiblad line - that was so successful until Tippett just put Ennis out to pasture for no reason - is an option for that 4th line.

Russell and Turris are more apt to be buried than traded: I don't suspect that other teams are going to want to give up anything more than a non-prospect AHL piece for either man. Works out to be about the cost of a league-minimum contract against the cap, but it works.

I understand the sentiment to signing Smith but I'm dissatisfied with the associated risk. Fitness freak or not, 40-year-old NHL players are a crapshoot. NHL goaltenders are a crapshoot. The combination of both is an absurdly risky gamble, especially if the expectation is that he'll be playing 30ish games. Koskinen is not a bad goaltender so long as his workload is reasonable. He has a clear need to put in a bit of work this season (both in terms of psychological work and on-ice work) but the idea of buying him out is a poor one: the extra year of dead cap is a lot more damning than a lot of people expect and the cap situation for next season is much tougher than this year's. Finding a way to offload Koskinen at 50% retention is a much better way of taking him off the roster, but unless the need for cap space is so paramount, I would consider that kind of move a last-case scenario. Comments made during Holland's afternoon presser are very discouraging however as I suspect that he'll default to a buyout instead of doing some due diligence and finding a creative solution.

I'm of a similar mindset regarding getting rid of Kassian but I don't think it happens without some degree of retention, nor do I think it realistic in the first place. His is the first contract Holland signed as Oilers GM: despite Kassian's abysmal season it was injury shortened. Old Dutch will give Kassian another year to figure things out even if the writing on the wall regarding his decline is quickly showing.
    Jacer21 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    26 mai 2021 à 20 h 44
    Rejoint: sept. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 4
    Quoting: ChrisPy97
    On average that's a third line salary total for a contending team. I also think that you're underrating Archibald - he's been one of Edmonton's only good two-way players recently. I agree though that they have to move on from Kahun

Yea but usually on 3 guys your spending that money on just two guys on the 3rd line one is a rookie that doesn’t make more than 900,000 there are far better guys to get in your bottom 6 far cheaper! I’d keep archibald but Kahun and ennis can’t be your 4th line almost every teams 3rd and 4th line would have there way with that line far too small you want your 4th line to have size speed and grit all that line has is archibald.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage