SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2021 NHL Mock Draft

2021 NHL Mock Draft

Cuvée de repêchage: 2021
Créé par: DraftCentralMP
Publié: 25 mai 2021 à 17 h 21
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Power - Seider. Enough said.
2Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Hughes Brothers. Fills a need for a top paring LD.
3Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Safe pick and leaves room for an Eichel trade. Future Beniers, Cozens, and Mittelsadt. down the middle.
4Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Comtois - Zegras - Guenther sounds like a great line.
5Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Start off the franchise by taking the BPA. Highl skilled LW/C.
6Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-A little bit off-the-board but a responsible center to play with Laine. McTavish can also put the puck in the net. Ryan O'Reilly comparable.
7Logo de Sharks de San Jose-San Jose takes care of a major problemby taking Wallstedt.
8Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-LD who needs some time to develop but will worth it.
9Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Hughes - Clarke as a top pair. Hughes on the first PP and Clarke on the second PP.
10Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-Mitch Marner comparable falls to the Sens at pick 10. Most skilled player in the draf in my opi nion.
11Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-
Choix au repêchage retiré
12Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-BPA. Chicago grabs a very skiled winger who can play at both ends of the ice.
13Logo de Flames de Calgary-Best goal scorer in the draft to help Calgary with center depth. Can also play wing.
14Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Goal scoring winger to add to the prospect pool.
15Logo de Stars de Dallas-BPA and a steal for the Stars. May need to wait little bit for an NHL arrival.
16Logo de Rangers de New York-Future 2C who can also play the wing on a team that has great potential.
17Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Skilled center to play with Caufield and add center depth behind Kotkaniemi and Suzuki.
18Logo de Blues de St-Louis-Replace Pietrangelo by selecting Lambos. Potential top 2 LD.
19Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Jets get a steal wh this pick. Needs some time to develop but can be a top pairing guy for them for a long time.
20Logo de Predators de Nashville-Great on the powerplay and adds to the winger depth.
21Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-Elite goalie to fix the Oiler's goaltending problems. Another option can be Aatu Raty at this pick if Holland doesn't want to take a goalie.
22Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Islanders de New YorkA winger with a great shot and can add to the Devil's depth on the wing after selecting LD Luke Hughes.
23Logo de Bruins de Boston-Hard-hitting forward with lots of skill sounds like a player perfectly fitted fro the Bruins.
24Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Capitals de WashingtonGamble pick for the Red Wings but I think Yzerman takes a chance by selecting Raty who has struggled but can be a solid first or second line center in the far future.
25Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayTop 4 potential LD with a great shot from the blueline.
26Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Could go higher in the draft but falls to the Wild and they add to center depth by taking Bolduc.
27Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoColumbus takes a Finnish prospect with the Leaf's pick. Had a great tournament at the u18 worlds.
28Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-If Landeskog walks in free agency Joe Sakic will have Brennan Othmann in the prospect pool to play with Mackinnon. Greatshot and had a really good tournament at the u18 worlds.
29Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Penguins de PittsburghCould be another Kaprizov situation. Svechkov looks like he has a bright future and may even be better than Chibrikov.
30Logo de Panthers de la Floride-Top 4 LD for defensive depth behind Ekblad. Did not have the greatest u18 tounament.
31Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Great on the PP. Had a very good u18 tournament for Team Canada.
32Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Middle 6 winger potential could be a great addition for the Golden Knights top 9. I project Rosen to play wing on a line with Tuch. Good on te PP.
Will Ken Holland Pick a Goalie in the first round?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

25 mai 2021 à 17 h 39
Mathieu Darche
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 15
Nice job here! As a Habs fan I really want Ceulemans to replace Weber/Petry on the right side in a few years
DraftCentralMP, A_Habs_fan et Leemer a aimé ceci.
25 mai 2021 à 18 h 2
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 13
I'd have to agree with much of this mock draft! I'm a flames fan and I'm honestly excited about whoever we pick, but a draft lottery win would be nice, just because I'm very high on Beniers.
DraftCentralMP a aimé ceci.
25 mai 2021 à 20 h 6
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
I love the Hughes pick for NJ. I wouldn't mind going with another dman like Chayka with pick the Isles pick.

And great job on this mock draft
26 mai 2021 à 17 h 27
Fan of the OHL
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 125
Quoting: DebruskANut
Nice job here! As a Habs fan I really want Ceulemans to replace Weber/Petry on the right side in a few years

Yes and No - I would really like to have more scoring depth at Centre. Although not demonstrated strong puck movers, Romanov and Guhle can both play the right side. I will say Petry has 3 more seasons in him before he can no longer play top pairing minutes. The better move is to package something so that we could move up to pick Ceulemans - I don't think he goes at 16. Weber can't play top pairing minutes now - should be moved to 3/4 or even 5/6 in the next 2 years.
26 mai 2021 à 18 h 22
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
Who the hell is comparing Johnson to Marner? If anything Johnson is RNH-lite. I seriously need to have a sit-down with that person and help them sort their priorities out.
DraftCentralMP et aedoran a aimé ceci.
26 mai 2021 à 22 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 74
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Who the hell is comparing Johnson to Marner? If anything Johnson is RNH-lite. I seriously need to have a sit-down with that person and help them sort their priorities out.

https://smahtscouting.com/2021/02/03/scoutingreport-kent-johnson/

Newhook and Marner comparisons. I do agree that he may not be quite like Mitch Marner but he is definitely top 3 for most skilled players in the draft along with Eklund and Lysell.
aedoran a aimé ceci.
26 mai 2021 à 22 h 44
Ban Price trades
Quoting: DraftCentralMP

Newhook and Marner comparisons. I do agree that he may not be quite like Mitch Marner but he is definitely top 3 for most skilled players in the draft along with Eklund and Lysell.

I'd tap the brakes a touch. Not stomp on them, but be ready to decelerate. I did an NHLe analysis on Johnson recently and found the results interesting:

'm personally not hating on him, it's a matter of how he's been utilized and the development path he's taken.

Kent Johnson: D-1 and D0 NHLe:
82GP - 8.056G - 12.66A - 20.716P
82GP - 9.714G - 19.426A - 29.140P.

The path for any Canadian forward into the NCAA without going through the USHL takes a toll on both their numbers and their draft stock: Canadian Jr. A isn't yet a prolific enough of a set of leagues to suggest it's the best developmental environment for top prospects. The BCHL is Canada's top Jr.A league and it's still about 25% weaker than the USHL. It doesn't help that Johnson is a genuine beanpole and doesn't engage in any physical play at all. Hockey men are a bit proterozoic in this regard and will make note of it.

For reference, Marner's D-1 and D0 numbers:
82GP: 5.669G - 18.423A - 24.092P
82GP 19.582G - 32.883A - 52.465P

RNH's D-1 and D0 numbers:
82GP: 8.587G - 15.385A - 23.972P
82GP: 11.399G - 26.706A - 38.105P

Marner was in a completely different stratosphere come his draft day than Johnson is today. In terms of size, style, position, and usage, Johnson is clearly RNH-lite, falling about 9 NHL points shy in terms of what RNH was projected to be when he went first overall. It's not a poor comparison, RNH is a multi-tool that can take faceoffs but is likely a very average #2C at best. More suited to the wing.
DraftCentralMP et drivet a aimé ceci.
26 mai 2021 à 23 h 18
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,900
Quoting: DraftCentralMP

So both of you agree Edmonton takes Cossa with their 1st round pick?
DraftCentralMP et drivet a aimé ceci.
26 mai 2021 à 23 h 20
Ban Price trades
Quoting: aedoran
So both of you agree Edmonton takes Cossa with their 1st round pick?

If they keep the pick yeah probably
aedoran et DraftCentralMP a aimé ceci.
27 mai 2021 à 11 h 12
If they keep the pick yeah probably

Yeah with the Caps out earlier than expected I was thinking maybe Cossa would fall to their pick but with Edmonton picking a pick or 2 before Washington depending on the outcome of the final game in the Vegas v Minnesota series.
27 mai 2021 à 11 h 15
Ban Price trades
Yeah with the Caps out earlier than expected I was thinking maybe Cossa would fall to their pick but with Edmonton picking a pick or 2 before Washington depending on the outcome of the final game in the Vegas v Minnesota series.

Edmonton has the higher pick regardless: everything up to the final four is determined by the standings. The only way Edmonton's pick moves at this point is if either the Jets or Islanders make the final four. The only way Edmonton's pick could have fallen behind the Capitals' pick was if Edmonton made the final four.

Best case scenario is Edmonton picks 20th, most likely it'll be 21st or 22nd.
aedoran a aimé ceci.
27 mai 2021 à 11 h 23
Edmonton has the higher pick regardless: everything up to the final four is determined by the standings. The only way Edmonton's pick moves at this point is if either the Jets or Islanders make the final four. The only way Edmonton's pick could have fallen behind the Capitals' pick was if Edmonton made the final four.

Best case scenario is Edmonton picks 20th, most likely it'll be 21st or 22nd.

If Vegas wins Minnesota is in between but if Minnesota wins Washingtons picks right after Edmonton. So you are right Edmonton picks a head of Washington no matter how the rest of the playoffs play out.
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.
27 mai 2021 à 11 h 39
Ban Price trades
If Vegas wins Minnesota is in between but if Minnesota wins Washington picks right after Edmonton. So you are right Edmonton picks a head of Washington no matter how the rest of the playoffs play out.

I don't understand: unless Minnesota beats both Vegas and Colorado, the Wild will pick before AND after the Capitals: the Penguins losing to the Isles locks their pick in at #28 (which Minny owns) unless either Carolina or Colorado lose in round 2. Thus that pick has to be between 26-28. Teams that won their division but did not make the conference finals are seeded below the teams that lose in the CF's, the Cup runner-up, and Cup winner.

If Minnesota beats Vegas but loses to the Avalanche, they will retain their pick between #23 and #24 depending on the performance of the Islanders or Bruins: only one of these teams can leapfrog the Wild as both finished below Minnesota in the standings.

The Capitals, likewise, can only pick before Minnesota if Minny makes the final four. Neither Minnesota or Vegas won their division and thus the only way those picks can move back is by entrance to the final four. If the Islanders beat Boston, the Bruins will pick immediately after Edmonton. If Boston wins, then Minnesota will. Regardless of this however, your Detroit Red Wings own that pick in question. I think what you're trying to get at is whether or not Cossa is available to Detroit post-Oilers pick. I do not believe he will be and I'm not uber-confident he'll even be available when Edmonton makes their selection.
27 mai 2021 à 12 h 36
In this round there are 8 teams out and 8 teams going on. The 8 teams out will be picking in slots 17 to 24 based on points. Tie breakers are as follows:

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:
*****The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage). ****THIS DOESN'T MATTER SINCE EVERYONE PLAYED THE SAME AMOUNT OF GAMES
The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout (i.e., "Regulation Wins"). This figure is reflected in the RW column.
The greater number of games won, excluding games won by Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
The greater number of games won by the Club in any manner (i.e, "Total Wins"). This figure is reflected in the W column.
The greater number of points earned in games against each other among two or more tied clubs. For the purpose of determining standing for two or more Clubs that have not played an even number of games with one or more of the other tied Clubs, the first game played in the city that has the extra game (the "odd game") shall not be included. When more than two Clubs are tied, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other (and not including any "odd games") shall be used to determine standing.
The greater differential between goals for and against (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the DIFF column.
The greater number of goals scored (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the GF column.
NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

Washington, Toronto and Pittsburgh all have 77pts. So you go to RW stilled tied all have 29 RW. So on to ROW Toronto and Pittsburgh have each have 34 and Washington has 33 so if all 3 get knocked out in the same round Washington picks before Pittsburgh and Toronto. The next is W and since Pittsburgh 37 W and Toronto has 35 W. So if all knocked in the same round the order is Pittsburgh, Toronto and the Washington. Florida has already lost and since they have 79 points they are currently picking at 24.

Currently the teams that have been already knocked out are in this order:

STL 63
EDM 72
WAS 77
PIT 77
FLA 79

With 3 series still undecided

Montreal 59 vs Toronto 77 so if Montreal loses they get the 17th pick, If Toronto loses they pick in-between Washington and Pittsburgh
Nashville 64 vs Carolina 80 so if Nashville loses they pick in-between St. Louis and Edmonton. If Carolina loses they pick after Florida
Minnesota 75 vs Vegas 82 so if Minnesota loses they are picking in-between Washington and Edmonton. If Vegas loses they will have the 24th pick.

The tie breaking procedures are copied from NHL.com

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage