SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/The Box

NHL Mini-Game: Un-Named Franchise Game

22 mai 2021 à 20 h 53
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Game premise: Fire up Franchise mode in an older NHL game (I used NHL 16) and do every single trade the actual General Manager(s) did to see if the NHL trade engine would say they're acceptable. If the player that was traded can't be found, find someone that seems similar. I don't have a name for it yet. Hopefully y'all can come up with a name. Feel free to enter your own experiences with this mini-game below.

Team used: Columbus Blue Jackets (duh)

Notes:

-Seth Jones for Ryan Johansen is acceptable.
-For some reason CBJ had a Franchise C in the pipeline under the name of Kaiden Schmidt. I have no idea how he got here. I simmed the draft, maybe he got here from the 2016 draft.
-Mikko Rantanen was given the "AHL Top 6 F" potential. Paging @ColdTakesExposed.
-I somehow got Pierre-Luc Dubois and Scott Harrington from Toronto for Kerby Rychel. Apparently PLD was taken by Toronto.
-21-year-old Oliver Bjorkstrand is lit.
-In year 1, we made the playoffs and got eliminated in the first round by the Flyers in 7.
-THE DEVILS WON THE STANLEY CUP. How.
22 mai 2021 à 21 h 9
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
More notes:

-There were two trades on March 1st (Dillon Heatherington to Dallas for Lauri Korpikoski, and Dalton Prout to New Jersey for Kyle Quincey), and neither of them are doable.
-There was also another trade on June 21st (David Clarkson to Vegas for ExD considerations) that isn't possible because the team i'm trading with does not exist yet.
-A trade with Vegas 2 days later (Keegan Kolesar for Tampa Bay's 2nd round pick in 2017) will just be with Tampa. It hasn't been done yet (at the time i'm typing this we're on March 1st) so i'll keep y'all posted.
-Heatherington alongside a couple of lower picks were traded to Anaheim for a 1st round pick, somehow.
22 mai 2021 à 21 h 21
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
End of Season 2:

Record: 45-31-6

-We advanced in the playoffs for the first time AND reverse-swept the Flyers. We got beat in 7 by the Devils in round 2, though.
-The Devils go Back-To-Back.
-Kolesar for a 2nd round pick is not acceptable, so i modified it. Kolesar, Oskar Dansk and a 4th rounder. Jesus.
-There was one other trade with the Wild, but that was so minor i'm not even gonna do it.
22 mai 2021 à 21 h 35
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
Quoting: Bobcat205
End of Season 2:

Record: 45-31-6

-We advanced in the playoffs for the first time AND reverse-swept the Flyers. We got beat in 7 by the Devils in round 2, though.
-The Devils go Back-To-Back.
-Kolesar for a 2nd round pick is not acceptable, so i modified it. Kolesar, Oskar Dansk and a 4th rounder. Jesus.
-There was one other trade with the Wild, but that was so minor i'm not even gonna do it.

THOSE TWO TRADES AND THE ARTEMI PANARIN TRADE. I forgot about the Panarin trade. Which i can't do because i can't find him anywhere. Damn you, non-updated roster. Instead, i took Teuvo Teravainen because he's in the same position.
22 mai 2021 à 21 h 40
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
-I have no idea why, but i willingly signed Brad Marchand.
-Minor league team needed goalies, so Jacob Markstrom and Laurent Brossoit will do the trick for the time being. I'm fully riding with the tandem of Bobrovsky-Merzlikins. We bout to goooooo
22 mai 2021 à 22 h 26
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
End of Season 3

Record: 45-29-8
-Why do we keep peaking at 45 wins? Is that just my lucky number?
-Seth Jones keeps asking for a trade, but i can't trade him because i'm still going through with the game.
-Swept in round 1 by the Wings. Damn.
-A GODDAMN THREEPEAT. Parity? what the hell is that?
22 mai 2021 à 22 h 38
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
Beginning of Season 4 (2018-19)

-This is the season i'm the most excited for. Duchene and Dzingel (if he's in this game) are gonna come to Columbus.
-I've tried all four approaches on Seth Jones, and they either have no effect or a negative effect on his morale.
-David Savard and Alex Wennberg are both now requesting trades.
-I signed a bunch of left wingers because i'm always running low on those. Josh Bailey, Beau Bennett and Michael Latta.
-We're ready.
22 mai 2021 à 22 h 58
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
-The Duchene trade was doable, but i had to do a lot of things to change.
-I'm going to bed once this thing finishes simulating.
23 mai 2021 à 8 h 2
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
End of season 4

Record: 44-32-6

-I was tired enough to forget to document what happened after i finished simming.
-We beat the Hurricanes in the first round, but got beat by the Devils in round 2. We just cannot get past them to save our lives.
-Four. Straight. Cups. I must have done something to their roster, i'm sure of it.
23 mai 2021 à 8 h 34
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
-There were two trades in 2019-20, and i can't/won't do either of them. One is so minor that it won't matter in the long run, and one i can't do because i can't find the player i'm getting back.
23 mai 2021 à 8 h 54
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
End of Season 5:

Record: 41-33-8

-We got beat by the Devils again. We just cannot get past the second round.
-I got bored and decided to play a few AHL games while the simulation was going. At least that team could have some playoff success.
-Finally, someone else won a Cup. The Islanders won this time.
23 mai 2021 à 9 h 4
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
We're about to start the final year of our travels.
23 mai 2021 à 9 h 14
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
-The bubonic plague happened. Everyone's getting hurt. I don't have much hope for this season.
-Looks like we're gonna have our first losing season in the entire sim.
-I sincerely wish i could turn off the "Just got back from the scouting trip" notification. I don't give a damn if you're back from Sweden, i don't do the drafting anyways.
23 mai 2021 à 9 h 30
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
-End of Final Season

Record: 31-46-5

-First losing season. Of course we missed the playoffs.
-The Blues won the Stanley Cup.
-Our AHL team made it to the Calder Cup Finals and got our doors mashed in by Lehigh Valley. Oof.

FINISHED.

Best record: 45-29-8
Worst record: 31-46-5
Best playoff result: Round 2 L in 7, Season 4
Worst Playoff result: Round 1 L in 4, Season 3

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage