SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock Draft updated

Mock Draft updated

Cuvée de repêchage: 2021
Créé par: Z0ra
Publié: 22 mai 2021 à 17 h 11
Description
This is an updated version of the mock draft I released yesterday.

If you want ideas and insight, click this link:
https://www.capfriendly.com/mock-draft/170332

Trades that could happen:

Winnipeg trades 19th pick and 2021 2nd round pick to Calgary for 13th pick
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-The Red Wings take either Beniers or Power. I think Power is the best option as the Red Wings have several promising forward prospects. Not much defensively besides Seider. He and Power could play alongside each other for the next 10 years.
2Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-The Canucks fill their need for defenseman with this pick. Also, why not have two Hughes bros play alongside each other?
3Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-With the trade speculation regarding Eichel, the Sabres could draft a replacement center. Cozens and Beniers as a 1-2 punch down the middle would be dangerous.
4Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Anaheim finally solves their goal-scoring issues that they have since the 2018-19 season.
5Logo de Kraken de Seattle-The Kraken go for the BPA available, regardless of position.
6Logo de Devils du New Jersey-The Devils grab the player who played alongside Holtz in the SHL. Their chemistry will transition perfectly in the NHL.
7Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-A bit off-the-board, but McTavish solves both Columbus's center depth problems and their goal-scoring issues.
8Logo de Sharks de San Jose-The Sharks 100% should take Wallstedt if he's available. They clearly have the worst goalie tandem in the NHL.
9Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-The Kings draft the perfect complement to Byfield or Turcotte.
10Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-Ottawa drafts the perfect complement to Stutzle. A line of Tkachuk-Stutzle-Lucius would be dangerous for the opposition.
11Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-
Choix au repêchage retiré
12Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-The Hawks need LD and a top-six winger. I don't see Johnson falling any further than this. Even though he's a center, scouts project him as a left-winger in the NHL.
13Logo de Flames de Calgary-THIS IS THE JETS PICK!!!! For the second straight year, the Jets get the steal of the draft. They immediately grab a top-two potential defenseman. It is rumored that Chevy is looking for a right-shot defenseman to strength the Jets defensive depth. If they don't trade up, the Jets will select Lambos.
14Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-The Flyers fill their need for defenseman with this pick.
15Logo de Stars de Dallas-The Stars need a playmaking winger to play alongside Gurianov. This is off-the-board, but Rosen is the best playmaker available.
16Logo de Rangers de New York-The Rangers need a consistent second-line center. Not only does Sillinger have that type of potential, but he also complements well with Lafreniere.
17Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Bourgault plus Caufield equals magic. The Canadiens also need center depth behind Suzuki and Kotkaniemi.
18Logo de Blues de St-Louis-The Blues regardless should grab a defenseman. Ceulemans could be a great replacement for Pietrangelo.
19Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-THIS IS THE FLAMES PICK!!!! The Flames take a player that draws comparisons to Matthew Tkachuk. So why not be mentored by Tkachuk himself?
20Logo de Predators de Nashville-The Predators need a special teams quarterback. With this pick, they will select either Coronato or Pinelli, both play well during special teams. The Predators center depth is one of the best in the NHL, so they take the winger in Coronato instead.
21Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-The Oilers should take Cossa, but Holland never likes taking goalies in round 1. That trend will continue so instead the Oilers address their secondary need which is a physical forward. L'Heureux fits that bill exactly, he is very physical.
22Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Islanders de New YorkI don't see Chibrikov falling any further than this so I have the Devils getting a steal.
23Logo de Bruins de Boston-The latest reports about Boston is that they are having trouble scoring goals. Stankoven is a talented goal-scorer, he could fix this issue.
24Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Capitals de WashingtonYzerman likes taking goalies in round 1, so that trend will continue with this pick. Cossa has a high amount of poise and could be a high-quality starter in the future.
25Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayThe Columbus GM loves taking Finnish players, so that trend will continue with this pick.
26Logo de Wild du Minnesota-The Wild grab a defenseman that draws comparisons to Ryan Suter.
27Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoThe Blue Jackets should draft the best defenseman available after taking two forwards.
28Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-The Avalanche are a deep team, so they grab the best player available, regardless of positon.
29Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Penguins de PittsburghThe Wild add to their weak center depth with this pick.
30Logo de Panthers de la Floride-The Panthers should grab the best defenseman available. Their depth on defense is very thin behind Ekblad.
31Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-The latest reports about Carolina is that they will grab a defenseman with this pick.
32Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-The Golden Knights are a deep team, so they take the best player available, regardless of position.
RONDE 2ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
33Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-After taking a forward with their last pick, the Sabres should take a defenseman. Schmidt has NHL-ready size and strength.
34Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-The Ducks should now go heavy with grabbing defenseman at this point. They took a right-shot defenseman last year, so they should grab the best LD available.
35Logo de Kraken de Seattle-The Kraken once again go for the BPA available, regardless of position.
36Logo de Golden Knights de VegasLogo de Devils du New JerseyThe Golden Knights continue to grab the BPA regardless of position.
37Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusThe Coyotes didn't have a first-round pick, so I expect them to grab the BPA available, regardless of position. Samoskevich is probably the fastest skater in the draft.
38Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-The Red Wings select their future No. 2 center behind Larkin. Duke is undersized, but Yzerman has shown he doesn't care about size.
39Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Sharks de San JoseThe Senators need a right-shot defenseman to play alongside Sanderson or Chabot. Morrow complements well with both those players.
40Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-At this point, the Kings prospect pool is very deep. They strengthen their defensive depth with this pick.
41Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-The Canucks don't have any young bottom-six potential centers, Bolduc can become that.
42Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-The Senators address the position they haven't gone for which is goaltending. Even though this is off-the-board, Gaudreau had a strong showing during the U18's.
43Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-The Coyotes continue to grab the BPA regardless of position. Stromgren is probably the most rangy player in the draft.
44Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-The Hawks fill their need for LD with this pick.
45Logo de Flames de Calgary-The Flames go for the BPA available, regardless of position.
46Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-The Flyers fill their need of bottom-six centers.
47Logo de Stars de Dallas-
The Stars fill their need for right-shot defenseman.
48Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Rangers de New York
49Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-
50Logo de Kings de Los AngelesLogo de Blues de St-Louis
51Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-
52Logo de Predators de Nashville-
53Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Oilers d'Edmonton
54Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Islanders de New York
55Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Bruins de Boston
56Logo de Capitals de Washington-
57Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
58Logo de Wild du Minnesota-
59Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-
60Logo de Islanders de New YorkLogo de Avalanche du Colorado
61Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-
62Logo de Panthers de la Floride-
63Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-
64Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Golden Knights de Vegas
22 mai 2021 à 17 h 49
GO FLAMES GO
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,598
If Clarke is available Flames aren't trading down
Z0ra et Duggysdanglers a aimé ceci.
22 mai 2021 à 17 h 49
GO FLAMES GO
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,598
Quoting: Gmonwy

We need RD prospects just as much as LW
Z0ra et Duggysdanglers a aimé ceci.
22 mai 2021 à 20 h 53
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Good work on this, you put a lot of thought into it.

A couple of things from a Sens perspective. I like Chaz Lucius, but if Clarke is somehow still on the board at ten, Ottawa would be insane to pass on him. I can't imagine him still being there. Realistically, I'm hoping to see Fabian Lysell as Ottawa's pick.

Also in the 2nd round, I'd shocked if Ottawa spent ANOTHER high pick on goaltending. In the last two drafts Ottawa has drafted Leevi Merilainen in the 3rd round, Søgaard in the 2nd AND they gave up a 2nd for Murray. They also have Gustavsson, Daccord and Mandolese. Somewhere in there there is a long term Starting goalie (Gus or Søgaard would be my guess), and there's no reason to spend another top 3 round pick on another goalie imo.
Duggysdanglers a aimé ceci.
22 mai 2021 à 21 h 20
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 603
Quoting: Claesson4Norris

A couple of things from a Sens perspective. I like Chaz Lucius, but if Clarke is somehow still on the board at ten, Ottawa would be insane to pass on him. I can't imagine him still being there. Realistically, I'm hoping to see Fabian Lysell as Ottawa's pick.

Also in the 2nd round, I'd shocked if Ottawa spent ANOTHER high pick on goaltending. In the last two drafts Ottawa has drafted Leevi Merilainen in the 3rd round, Søgaard in the 2nd AND they gave up a 2nd for Murray. They also have Gustavsson, Daccord and Mandolese. Somewhere in there there is a long term Starting goalie (Gus or Søgaard would be my guess), and there's no reason to spend another top 3 round pick on another goalie imo.

Thanks for the feedback!
22 mai 2021 à 21 h 30
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,995
Very detailed it is quite impressive. As a Wings fan this would be the best possible outcome for Detroit. All 3 Detroit picks fill a need thats even more impressive.
23 mai 2021 à 4 h 14
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 611

We need RD prospects just as much as LW

I do not see any way the Brandt Clarke would slip past 6 or 7 overall. NJ needs a stud RD much more than another top six C. Eklund will be an NHL C but he won’t be better than Hughes or Hischier.
23 mai 2021 à 4 h 17

I’d love to see the Sens get Clarke. Their team would then be ready to take another step in their rebuild.
I love their G prospects as well. I was really happy to see them take Sogaard. He’s 6-8 and 200+ lbs. However if Cossa slips out of the first round then I’d grab him anyway.
23 mai 2021 à 4 h 18

I’d love to see the Sens get Clarke. Their team would then be ready to take another step in their rebuild.
I love their G prospects as well. I was really happy to see them take Sogaard. He’s 6-8 and 200+ lbs. However if Cossa slips out of the first round then I’d grab him anyway.
23 mai 2021 à 7 h 42
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,670
I would be furious if our GM chose Schmidt when Svechkov, Samoskevich and Othmann were on the board. We could take D with a second from Boston.
23 mai 2021 à 15 h 58
Fan of the OHL
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 125
I like this draft for the habs - not much difference between Pastujov and Bourgault for me
25 mai 2021 à 6 h 49
dannogilbo
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1
theres no way clarke falls that far

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage