SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Tavares

21 mai 2021 à 1 h 13
Zach
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 112
After the incident, the only thing I could think of was Johnny. I felt sick to my stomach seeing the replay 500 times from Sportsnet, and was extremely traumatized after seeing him slump over after trying to sit up. It has haunted me all night. I am really just thinking of his family, both of his kids were sitting at home watching the game with his wife. I can't imagine what their reactions were and how scared they all must have been. I cannot imagine being in Aryne's shoes and having to be brave for her kids in a time when she did not know the situation of her husband. I hope she was able to go to the hospital and be their with John tonight. I am so thankful he is conscious and responsive, but I just can't help to think how precious life is. We cannot take what we have for granted. Hug your loved ones extra tight tonight, enjoy your time with them because our time together is treasurable. John please make a full recovery for your family, stay safe and healthy. Just know all of Leafs Nation, and hockey fans in general, are thinking of you and praying for you tonight. We love you.
Octopus_Guy et BigDaddyOvech a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2021 à 1 h 14
GO FLAMES GO
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,597
Well said
ZachArmel a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2021 à 2 h 16
Mentions "j'aime": 253
Agreed. I was completely out of the game after that. Horrible scene.

I don't think I'll watch the rest of the series. This sport is not worth it if people's lives are at stake. And the score means absolutely nothing from now on, in any case. Cancel the series. See you all next year.
21 mai 2021 à 8 h 55
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 197
I have to start by saying I agree with Zach the person who posted this forum. At the end of the day hockey is a game and we all have to go home to our loved ones once the game is over.
This incident was scary enough to watch for fans it had to be even harder for JT's family, my thoughts are with them.
I hope he makes a full recovery as quick as possible and can get back to playing the game at his highest potential.

Quoting: leaflet
Agreed. I was completely out of the game after that. Horrible scene.

I don't think I'll watch the rest of the series. This sport is not worth it if people's lives are at stake. And the score means absolutely nothing from now on, in any case. Cancel the series. See you all next year.

The injury happened so early in the game I would have understood if the NHL decided to postpone the rest of the game.
It was difficult to watch as a spectator but whether you are a player on the Habs or especially if you're on TML and that's your captain it had to be hard to play after.

That's why I think the fight was appropriate. To get the minds of the players off the injury and back to the game as much as possible.
Props to Perry for answering the bell for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and props to Foligno for standing up for his teammate.

That said, these players worked hard all year and sacrificed even more than usual with special covid protocols to get a shot at winning the Stanley Cup.
Perhaps you'd have more of an argument to cancel the series if Perry had malicious intent or if it was fatal but this was a pure accident.
Even logistically it wouldn't make sense. Who would the winner of EDM/WPG play?

You're right hockey is a risky sport. Sharp blades, big hits, fights, hard ice. There have been many nasty injuries. Some career ending unfortunately.
However I think it's worth it and I don't think one accident should determine how safe the sport is.

I hope you don't chalk up this year as an automatic loss of a year and maybe decide to watch some more games.
I know JT being out hurts the Leaf's chances at the cup significantly because he's such a great player but it's not over yet.

I really took my time to write this and re-read it because I hope none if it comes off as rude. I just have a difference in opinion on a few things.
At the end of the day we all wish this didn't happen but it did. So I'll say it again I hope he makes a full recovery as quick as possible and can get back to playing the game at his highest potential.

Take care
BigDaddyOvech, ZachArmel et leaflet a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2021 à 16 h 51
Mentions "j'aime": 253
Quoting: Octopus_Guy
I have to start by saying I agree with Zach the person who posted this forum. At the end of the day hockey is a game and we all have to go home to our loved ones once the game is over.
This incident was scary enough to watch for fans it had to be even harder for JT's family, my thoughts are with them.
I hope he makes a full recovery as quick as possible and can get back to playing the game at his highest potential.

The injury happened so early in the game I would have understood if the NHL decided to postpone the rest of the game.
It was difficult to watch as a spectator but whether you are a player on the Habs or especially if you're on TML and that's your captain it had to be hard to play after.

That's why I think the fight was appropriate. To get the minds of the players off the injury and back to the game as much as possible.
Props to Perry for answering the bell for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and props to Foligno for standing up for his teammate.

That said, these players worked hard all year and sacrificed even more than usual with special covid protocols to get a shot at winning the Stanley Cup.
Perhaps you'd have more of an argument to cancel the series if Perry had malicious intent or if it was fatal but this was a pure accident.
Even logistically it wouldn't make sense. Who would the winner of EDM/WPG play?

You're right hockey is a risky sport. Sharp blades, big hits, fights, hard ice. There have been many nasty injuries. Some career ending unfortunately.
However I think it's worth it and I don't think one accident should determine how safe the sport is.

I hope you don't chalk up this year as an automatic loss of a year and maybe decide to watch some more games.
I know JT being out hurts the Leaf's chances at the cup significantly because he's such a great player but it's not over yet.

I really took my time to write this and re-read it because I hope none if it comes off as rude. I just have a difference in opinion on a few things.
At the end of the day we all wish this didn't happen but it did. So I'll say it again I hope he makes a full recovery as quick as possible and can get back to playing the game at his highest potential.

Take care

Thanks for your thoughtful post. I certainly understand the points you are making.

Yes, I believe the Perry hit was an accident.

However, the decision from Dom Ducharme to tell his players to hit as much as they can was not an accident. As some point, those in power have to take responsibility for their actions. It's dumb hockey, if you want my opinion, especially if that's the whole foundation of your game strategy. (I think the Habs had decent chances in the series by just playing the game - they have skilled young players a well balanced team.)

And it's especially bad for the league. The reality is, you have kids watching hockey games. They see players like John Tavares and have them as role models, they want to be like them. It's a terrible outcome to have a player leave on a stretcher, any way you look at it.

I'm not a crazy fan. I would say the same thing if it happened to Crosby, Ovi or someone else. I wouldn't care more than 10 minutes after a loss if the Habs beat the Leafs in normal circumstances.

That said, I appreciate your response.
ZachArmel et Octopus_Guy a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage