He's carrying the Islanders right now

big tom Wilson energy right there
Devil a aimé ceci.
15 juin 2021 à 23 h 59
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,168
Quoting: Isles777
The isles were in 2nd place in their division before their captain and best goal scorer tore his ACL. They were on like a 15 game point streak, the reason why the Isles went through a slump is because Trotz replaced Anders Lee (who was on pace for 37 goals) with Leo Komarov on the top line. The reason why I don't put Trotz in the top 5 because he's one of the worst coaches at adapting to injuries. Imagine Morgan Rielly gets injured and Keefe decided to give Martin Marincin his minutes? No doubt Trotz is a good coach, but people act like he's coaching a team with Barzal and a bunch of bottom of the lineup players.

Don't disrespect those legendary players (Leo and Marty) like that lol.

In all seriousness though, I think it is a weird decision to play Komarov that high, but he's still a solid player and I think you isles fans overhate him. I guess Trotz is trying to balance out the lines? Like I said, I don't think it's the best decision but not as bad as some say it is.
16 juin 2021 à 0 h 5
Isles7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Quoting: Saskleaf

In all seriousness though, I think it is a weird decision to play Komarov that high, but he's still a solid player and I think you isles fans overhate him. I guess Trotz is trying to balance out the lines? Like I said, I don't think it's the best decision but not as bad as some say it is.

Barzal has 11 pts so far - 10 of those pts have happened WITHOUT komarov on the ice.

Barzal with komarov : 1 pt in 152 min of ice time

Barzal with Palmieri: 3 pts in 12 min of ice time

It's definitely as bad as people are saying it is. There is no reason to have Leo Komarov on the top line over palmieri. Trotz does a better job neutralizing Barzal than opposing teams top pair D.
A_Habs_fan, BuFfaLOFaN, Saskleaf and 3 others a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2021 à 1 h 20
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,913
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Congrats! I won't even have the privalage to graduate college, started work right away.

What are you going into after college!

Still looking for work, but the degree is finance.
16 juin 2021 à 6 h 31
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: CoopsTroops
Still looking for work, but the degree is finance.

Ok! Best of luck, sadly jobs these days are very available... With this listing ppl who are lazy and wanting to stay homeVery Angry .,.they don't realize when it opens up they will be the last choice when the world opens back up
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2021 à 7 h 8
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Trotz has two top 20 defenseman, Mat Barzal and a top 5 goaltending duo. Lets chill with the "NYI shouldn't be a good team"

To be completely fair I don't think Trotz has two top 20 D-men, but rather those D-men fit to Trotz's system so well they can arguably be considered as ones.

It's a symbiotic relationship, really. D-men playing under a defensive system tend to flourish more.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2021 à 7 h 10
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
For me the second you have a PP in the third period and you are trailing, you pull him. Doesn’t matter if it’s at 19:20 you do it. Certainly when you have a 5-3 PP because then you have a 6 vs 3 which means you have twice the amount of players that they have.

I'd do it after the 10-minute mark, simply because I want to see whether they can tie it up with the goalie. I wouldn't want to lose because I'm too hasty.
16 juin 2021 à 9 h 16
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,168
Barzal has 11 pts so far - 10 of those pts have happened WITHOUT komarov on the ice.

Barzal with komarov : 1 pt in 152 min of ice time

Barzal with Palmieri: 3 pts in 12 min of ice time

It's definitely as bad as people are saying it is. There is no reason to have Leo Komarov on the top line over palmieri. Trotz does a better job neutralizing Barzal than opposing teams top pair D.

Ok never mind, you are right there.
A_Habs_fan, Isles777, yikes and 2 others a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2021 à 10 h 56
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
So I watched the highlights from last night’s game. Man, were those 2 terrible calls. At least they cancelled each other out and didn’t decide the game.
A_Habs_fan, yikes et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2021 à 11 h 28
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
So I watched the highlights from last night’s game. Man, were those 2 terrible calls. At least they cancelled each other out and didn’t decide the game.

François St-Laurent and Kelly Sutherland need to be fired into the sun at the earliest convenience.
A_Habs_fan, Zinger et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2021 à 11 h 30
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,329
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15

I imagine you're referring to the Point goalie interference penalty and the Tampa goal woth too many men
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2021 à 11 h 36
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578
François St-Laurent and Kelly Sutherland need to be fired into the sun at the earliest convenience.

At first I though pluto would be the best place to seal them off, but now that you mention the sun it may be better.
CoopsTroops et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2021 à 11 h 38
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: Dzinger18
At first I though pluto would be the best place to seal them off, but now that you mention the sun it may be better.

We're at the point where the NHL might need to seriously consider cloning Wes McCauley.
EsoYeezus69, Zinger, BuFfaLOFaN and 2 others a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2021 à 11 h 55
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578
We're at the point where the NHL might need to seriously consider cloning Wes McCauley.

<a href=5dhm3x.jpg">
Order Up
16 juin 2021 à 12 h 12
Isles7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Quoting: justaBoss
To be completely fair I don't think Trotz has two top 20 D-men, but rather those D-men fit to Trotz's system so well they can arguably be considered as ones.

It's a symbiotic relationship, really. D-men playing under a defensive system tend to flourish more.

Pelech and pulock are both elite defenseman. The same thing was said about Devon Toews and many thought he deserved Norris votes this season.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2021 à 12 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Still can't fathom why didn't Trotz pull that goalie when NYI had that 4v3 PP on the 3rd period. Game's 4-1 and you have literally nothing to lose.

Overdefensive coach's curse.

Trust me as a Dallas fan I know what I'm speaking of.

Bowness never takes the goalie out until it's way too late. Even in the SC finals last year he didn't do it.

I mean, it was kinda early, but I agree teams need to start pulling the goalie when down by 3 ,especially in the playoffs. Even if they're down 4, why not?
16 juin 2021 à 12 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
I didn't mean to say Cassidy, I meant Sullivan. Tbh there's no debate there - Sullivan is a master at adapting to injuries. He's a big reason why the penguins have been a great team over the last 4 seasons.

What about the 2 seasons before that?
16 juin 2021 à 12 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Saskleaf

I agree Komarov is a good player ... but like you said in post #3583, he shouldn't be playing with Barzal.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2021 à 12 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Dzinger18
Yeah, the NHL just needs to rethink the whole reffing crew. Just a lot of awful calls recently (especially in the playoffs).

If they missed the call, they missed the call ... there's a lot to keep track of all at once.

The ones that really annoy me are when the ref is looking right at something and decides not to call it because "just let them play".
A_Habs_fan et Zinger a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2021 à 13 h 19
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,433
Recent trade/free agency rumors:

Trade talks are getting serious for Eichel. Kings, Wild, Ducks, Jackets, Flyers, Rangers make sense - Pierre LeBrun

Unlikely Hyman is back with the Leafs next season - Chris Johnston

Dougie Hamilton to the Devils makes sense - Elliotte Friedman

Taylor Hall and Bruins talking about an extension - Elliotte Friedman

Ducks could do something big this offseason - Elliotte Friedman

Sabres preparing for the possibility they will have two picks in the top 10 - Lance Lysowski

Flyers, Kings are interested in Seth Jones - Elliotte Friedman

Thoughts???
16 juin 2021 à 13 h 30
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: Devil1122

Trade talks are getting serious for Eichel. Kings, Wild, Ducks, Jackets, Flyers, Rangers make sense - Pierre LeBrun

Sabres preparing for the possibility they will have two picks in the top 10 - Lance Lysowski

Thoughts???

Hyman is a big loss. We really should re sign him. Our team sucked when he was out of the lineup
Saskleaf et Devil a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2021 à 13 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

Thoughts???

Why is this in the playoffs discussion thread?

Not a big deal, just asking.
16 juin 2021 à 14 h 8
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516

Thoughts???

LA seems set up to have an interesting offseason. They could be making a huge mistake in making a big win-now trade.

Buffalo seems like they’re ready to cut losses with the players who want out and try to rebuild once more. It sucks, but it’s the best thing they can do given their situation. I’m guessing that top-10 pick would be either from LA or Anaheim, because both teams seem poised to do something stupid (Eichel/Jones & Dubois rumours). Although I wouldn’t put it past Vancouver, Columbus, or San Jose to make a bad win-now move.

Not re-signing Hyman would be stupid on Toronto’s part. It’s not like they don’t have the cap space for him either. I love it.
A_Habs_fan, MitchMarner_16 et Devil a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2021 à 15 h 17
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Hyman is a big loss. We really should re sign him. Our team sucked when he was out of the lineup

Leafs should sign Coleman to replace Hyman
Zinger a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2021 à 15 h 18
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Why is this in the playoffs discussion thread?

Not a big deal, just asking.

The people on this thread are pretty nice and knowledgeable so I just wanted to share this
A_Habs_fan, rangersandislesfan, AndrewLadd and 1 other person a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage