2021 Playoffs Discussion Thread

14 juin 2021 à 17 h 18
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Quoting: Thanos_1738
@EsoYeezus69
@Devil1122
Btw there was an error made in the scoring for the Gib and Holder fight. The results have been overturned to a unanimous decision W for Big Gibber!

LETS GO
14 juin 2021 à 17 h 19
Speak of the Devil
Score Prediction

3-1 Vegas
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 17 h 30
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516

YES… HA HA HA… YES!
A_Habs_fan, Zinger, yikes and 2 others a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 17 h 31
Former Hockey Fan
Gallant has been hired by New York. At least this sort of justifies the unfair firing of Quinn.
A_Habs_fan, yikes, Saskleaf and 2 others a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 17 h 35
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Gallant has been hired by New York. At least this sort of justifies the unfair firing of Quinn.

Hate to say It but good move by the Rangers
A_Habs_fan, Kotkaniemi15, yikes and 3 others a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 17 h 37
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,338

YES… HA HA HA… YES!

The notion that all of Canada roots for the last Canadian team is half true
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 17 h 46
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
The notion that all of Canada roots for the last Canadian team is half true

There definitely are a lot of people who cheer for the last Canadian team, which I think is stupid, it just seems like ridiculous nationalism, instead of actually cheering for the players regardless of where the team is based or where the player is born. Although I certainly am enjoying all the carnage of the support for “Canada’s team” is wreaking throughout the other Canadian fanbases.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 17 h 48
There definitely are a lot of people who cheer for the last Canadian team, which I think is stupid, it just seems like ridiculous nationalism, instead of actually cheering for the players regardless of where the team is based or where the player is born. Although I certainly am enjoying all the carnage of the support for “Canada’s team” is wreaking throughout the other Canadian fanbases.

They're forgetting the rivalries and everything, i'd hate it if the Sens won the cup, would be happy when Habs/Leafs win it and wouldn't really care for the rest
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 17 h 50
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
I don't have a cite, but I heard somewhere today that Owen Power is strongly considering another season in college. Could this be a not-so-subtle hint to BUF that he'd like them to trade the #1 pick? When was the last time a #1 pick didn't turn pro immediately after the Draft? Personally, I strongly believe BUF should keep the #1 pick and trade Eichel for a package of picks and prospects.
A_Habs_fan et Zinger a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 17 h 53
Quoting: Brian2016
I don't have a cite, but I heard somewhere today that Owen Power is strongly considering another season in college. Could this be a not-so-subtle hint to BUF that he'd like them to trade the #1 pick? When was the last time a #1 pick didn't turn pro immediately after the Draft? Personally, I strongly believe BUF should keep the #1 pick and trade Eichel for a package of picks and prospects.

Well i actually think it would be better for Power/Buffalo that he stays in college since then he won't be thrown to the wolves
Brian2016 et yikes a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 17 h 56
Former Hockey Fan

The last time was Erik Johnson.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 17 h 57
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578

He probably decided that since he heard Buffalo would have 1st overall and he was the consensus pick. If Buffalo is afraid what could happen with the risks of Power demanding a trade or not coming to the NHL for the first few years, they should just take Beniers and get a top young defenseman in a package for Eichel.
Brian2016 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 17 h 58
Well i actually think it would be better for Power/Buffalo that he stays in college since then he won't be thrown to the wolves

I definitely think that's a possibility, but given his size, physicality, and performance in the WC, I was very surprised that he'd be willing to entertain that option. Historically speaking, if a player is capable of making an NHL roster, he plays in the NHL. Players typically don't ask to put their dreams on hold.
14 juin 2021 à 18 h 3
Speak of the Devil

I actually think it's good for both Power and the Sabres for him to return to college. He has a ton of potential and isn't ready for the NHL yet. The last the the Sabres want is for Power to struggle, like Dahlin did
14 juin 2021 à 18 h 3
Former Hockey Fan
They're forgetting the rivalries and everything, i'd hate it if the Sens won the cup, would be happy when Habs/Leafs win it and wouldn't really care for the rest

Well I think we’re talking about people who aren’t die-hard hockey fans. My grandfather’s a casual hockey & Leafs fan, but he’s cheering for Montréal because they’re a Canadian team. My brother’s a Canucks fan, but he was cheering for Florida at the start of the playoffs because the Panthers have never won a cup and he likes Aleksander Barkov. I think the main issue with why there’s a “Canada’s team” mentality is the outdated values of nationalism which a lot of Canadians (particularly older people, because they were taught different things at a young age) adhere to. Now Canadian nationalism doesn’t really create problems, although it is an outdated way of thinking. Although luckily Canadian nationalism is nowhere near as bad as our neighbours down south, so I can’t complain too much.
yikes, AndrewLadd, Zinger and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 18 h 5
Well I think we’re talking about people who aren’t die-hard hockey fans. My grandfather’s a casual hockey & Leafs fan, but he’s cheering for Montréal because they’re a Canadian team. My brother’s a Canucks fan, but he was cheering for Florida at the start of the playoffs because the Panthers have never won a cup and he likes Aleksander Barkov. I think the main issue with why there’s a “Canada’s team” mentality is the outdated values of nationalism which a lot of Canadians (particularly older people, because they were taught different things at a young age) adhere to. Now Canadian nationalism doesn’t really create problems, although it is an outdated way of thinking. Although luckily Canadian nationalism is nowhere near as bad as our neighbours down south, so I can’t complain too much.

Good analysis
14 juin 2021 à 18 h 33
Quoting: Devil1122
I actually think it's good for both Power and the Sabres for him to return to college. He has a ton of potential and isn't ready for the NHL yet. The last the the Sabres want is for Power to struggle, like Dahlin did

Dahlin didn't really struggle as a rookie, though. He was really good in his first 2 seasons and everyone struggled this season if Buffalo. I think the issue is player development rather than whether or not the player is NHL ready.
A_Habs_fan, Devil, AndrewLadd and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 19 h 27
Speak of the Devil
Dahlin didn't really struggle as a rookie, though. He was really good in his first 2 seasons and everyone struggled this season if Buffalo. I think the issue is player development rather than whether or not the player is NHL ready.

That's true. Buffalo really needs to fix their development program.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 19 h 27
Speak of the Devil

I wish I was Canadian
Kotkaniemi15 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 19 h 40
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817
Modifié 14 juin 2021 à 19 h 57

I wish I was Canadian

Buffalo needs to fix Buffalo..

Internally there is an issue. Not just one thing but a multitude that create a bad culture, or better put; probably a terrible culture that creates these issues.

Example, teams that suck like:

Ottawa - exiting rebuild
SJS - need a rebuild
NJD - progressing through a rebuild
LA - finishing a rebuild (I'd say they're farther ahead then Ottawa)
DET - rebuilding

Different stages and all do not have problems like Buffalo. Which one could argue Buffalo sucks cause they suck. But that cannot be the issue because all these 5 different teams, who are completely in different stages all are not dumpster fires. So I'd say its more then coaching (although they definitely shoulda hired Gallant or someone to instill a culture like DJ Smith has).

Ownership and management culture has to be causing some issues. We know the ownership has created a ton of problems. And management has not fixed anything on their own.
Devil a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 20 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649

YES… HA HA HA… YES!

I'm Canadian ... GO ISLES!!!!!
14 juin 2021 à 20 h 27
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: yikes
Buffalo needs to fix Buffalo..

Internally there is an issue. Not just one thing but a multitude that create a bad culture, or better put; probably a terrible culture that creates these issues.

Example, teams that suck like:

Ottawa - exiting rebuild
SJS - need a rebuild
NJD - progressing through a rebuild
LA - finishing a rebuild (I'd say they're farther ahead then Ottawa)
DET - rebuilding

Different stages and all do not have problems like Buffalo. Which one could argue Buffalo sucks cause they suck. But that cannot be the issue because all these 5 different teams, who are completely in different stages all are not dumpster fires. So I'd say its more then coaching (although they definitely shoulda hired Gallant or someone to instill a culture like DJ Smith has).

Ownership and management culture has to be causing some issues. We know the ownership has created a ton of problems. And management has not fixed anything on their own.

Management is the issue. They got to fix that first
14 juin 2021 à 20 h 30
Speak of the Devil
Top 5 landing spots for Jack Eichel in my opinion (based on rumors and my thoughts)
1. Rangers - Need for a true #1 center, Would be more aggressive than the Wild
2. Wild - Also need a #1 center
3. Ducks - Have been in Eichel rumors recently and have the assets
4. Golden Knights - Also need a true #1 center. This team would be stacked. (They would trade one of their goalies to free cap space)
5. Kings - Personally I don't see the fit but they've been in rumors and have the pieces

HM: Blue Jackets - They might want to do a full rebuild instead of rushing it with Eichel
14 juin 2021 à 20 h 39
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514

Dahlin had the second best rookie 18 year old season of all time after only Phil Housley...
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 20 h 39
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Management is the issue. They got to fix that first

Ownership is the issue
Devil, yikes et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option