Mentions "j'aime": 541
this is still a more watchable game than the nets-bucks game smh
13 juin 2021 à 17 h 32
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,913
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Amalie Arena is dead silent

They're thinking about whether it'll be PDQ or Outback between periods.... Smh.
yikes et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 17 h 35
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
I was about to type feeing lightning gonna tie it.. now a PP and empty net chance for just over a 1:30.
13 juin 2021 à 17 h 37
EklundCelebriniSmith
Point.. continues to be silky up close and clutch when needed.
13 juin 2021 à 17 h 38
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
That is not a penalty in the past 2 minutes of a playoff game. Hell, that usually isn’t a penalty in a regular season game. If the Bolts win this game I f*cking swear.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 17 h 46
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Im surprised but happy that the Islanders won
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 17 h 54
Rutta 4ever
Lightning should have replaced it's opposing team jersey policy with a loudness policy. If you're not making noise during the game you're out of there. Pathetic crowd.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 17 h 55
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: CoopsTroops
Lightning should have replaced it's opposing team jersey policy with a loudness policy. If you're not making noise during the game you're out of there. Pathetic crowd.

The Crowd was horrible

You better go to Game 2 and make some noise
13 juin 2021 à 17 h 59
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I hope the Islanders win tonight so 2-1 Isles win

Did I ever tell you guys I’m a genius?
Saskleaf et rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 18 h 2
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: Devil1122
The Crowd was horrible

You better go to Game 2 and make some noise

Recent college graduates don't have hundreds of dollars to shell out to sit in an arena during the Stanley Cup semifinals sadly.

The only word I can use to describe todays crowd is entitled. Shame on them.
Devil et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 18 h 7
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: CoopsTroops
Recent college graduates don't have hundreds of dollars to shell out to sit in an arena during the Stanley Cup semifinals sadly.

The only word I can use to describe todays crowd is entitled. Shame on them.

Congrats on graduating
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 18 h 9
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
I'ma bet Islanders in 7 I haven't watched any of the games or saw anything yet I just feel like everyone is thinking Tampa and everything this year has turned upside down. I'd rather Tampa win though.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 18 h 15
to be banned soon
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 541
crowd sounds much louder on the SN feed tbh
13 juin 2021 à 18 h 18
Speak of the Devil
Question: Who has more value, Jack Hughes or Marner?
13 juin 2021 à 18 h 32
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
really glad i watched the good blue and orange team game today
AndrewLadd, CoopsTroops et Devil a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 18 h 43
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: mondo
really glad i watched the good blue and orange team game today

13 juin 2021 à 18 h 53
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,233

Factoring in Contracts? Hughes easily.
Devil a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 18 h 56
EklundCelebriniSmith

Marner is the better player and more of a resume.

Hughes had a great year, especially compared to last year. And he performed much better despite what his 31 pts show.

Now marners a winger and Hughes is a center so there is some value gained their for Hughes. Hughes is also on ELC and unless he absolutely explodes we can presume he’ll sign a bridge to earn a bigger pay day in the future. Idk if Hughes or the Devils want to sign long term until they see how he does this year. So Hughes is nearly 10m cheaper, a dynamic young Center who’s shown large strides in improving his game and learning, and he doesn’t really have anyone “carrying him”.

But Marner has a much deeper resume, is the better player, and is stronger in both ends overall. He’s a great player maker but also a great d player. Marners only slights could be seen as his lacklustre playoff showing and cap hit. Maybe you could also argue he has a much better supporting cast around him/ he is apart a deeper team with better linemates but Marner generally isn’t requiring good linemates to show his ability as he is a great playmaking winger who’s good in both ends. So idk if you can say he’s being “carried”.

Generally though I don’t think any team trying to win NOW would take Hughes over Marner (as players). Because you know what you got with Marner and I rag on Marner a ton. Hughes right now is great, and he could become better. But Marner is fantastic and could also get better.

AAV wise I think many teams would prefer Hughes > Marner just because Hughes has shown the ability to adapt and improve. He’s played well/ better than his first glance numbers and he’s a Center. He’s got a ton of room to grow and Then his AAV makes it a steal compared to 11mil Marner.
Devil a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 19 h 11
Isles7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299

Quoting: yikes

Hughes had a great year, especially compared to last year. And he performed much better despite what his 31 pts show.

Now marners a winger and Hughes is a center so there is some value gained their for Hughes. Hughes is also on ELC and unless he absolutely explodes we can presume he’ll sign a bridge to earn a bigger pay day in the future. Idk if Hughes or the Devils want to sign long term until they see how he does this year. So Hughes is nearly 10m cheaper, a dynamic young Center who’s shown large strides in improving his game and learning, and he doesn’t really have anyone “carrying him”.

But Marner has a much deeper resume, is the better player, and is stronger in both ends overall. He’s a great player maker but also a great d player. Marners only slights could be seen as his lacklustre playoff showing and cap hit. Maybe you could also argue he has a much better supporting cast around him/ he is apart a deeper team with better linemates but Marner generally isn’t requiring good linemates to show his ability as he is a great playmaking winger who’s good in both ends. So idk if you can say he’s being “carried”.

Generally though I don’t think any team trying to win NOW would take Hughes over Marner (as players). Because you know what you got with Marner and I rag on Marner a ton. Hughes right now is great, and he could become better. But Marner is fantastic and could also get better.

AAV wise I think many teams would prefer Hughes > Marner just because Hughes has shown the ability to adapt and improve. He’s played well/ better than his first glance numbers and he’s a Center. He’s got a ton of room to grow and Then his AAV makes it a steal compared to 11mil Marner.

I think Hughes is already the better line driver than Marner, the devils just don't have a lot of players with finishing talent. Marner is a star, but I think between the ELC, more important position, and the fact that he looks like he'll be a top 10 C one day makes him more valuable
Devil a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 19 h 34
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Isles777
I think Hughes is already the better line driver than Marner, the devils just don't have a lot of players with finishing talent. Marner is a star, but I think between the ELC, more important position, and the fact that he looks like he'll be a top 10 C one day makes him more valuable

Oh for sure I’d go with Hughes personally cause I’m fine with taking the “risk” cause I think Hughes will be better than this year in the coming season.

But that’s the issue. Like if Dubas and I got offered Hughes or Marner 1 for 1 I think you HAVE TO take that because of the AAV factor. Tho Marner could improve drastically this offseason and become an even better player due to the recent loss. It’s a hard give and take because we know Marner IS a star whereas I’m expecting Hughes to become a star. And paired with that I’d expect him to bridge (but it’s super early to tell) - you’ll just be saving a lot. It’s hard to argue 11m for Marner is more suitable than Jack at elc.
Devil a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 19 h 42
Isles7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Oh for sure I’d go with Hughes personally cause I’m fine with taking the “risk” cause I think Hughes will be better than this year in the coming season.

But that’s the issue. Like if Dubas and I got offered Hughes or Marner 1 for 1 I think you HAVE TO take that because of the AAV factor. Tho Marner could improve drastically this offseason and become an even better player due to the recent loss. It’s a hard give and take because we know Marner IS a star whereas I’m expecting Hughes to become a star.

The only thing that is concerning with Marner is he's looked timid in the last two playoffs. The leafs shouldn't trade him this offseason, but he needs a sports psychologist or something lol - he needs to be better under pressure in the playoffs. I think Hughes has that "it factor" where he will eventually take over games in high pressure situations.
yikes et Devil a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 19 h 52
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578

Honestly I'd have to say Hughes. Being a center gives him bonus points too.
Devil a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 19 h 54
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152

To be honest, I'd say about the same.

We can all agree Marner>Hughes (this is not up for debate), but in terms of trade value, Marner has many things going against him, including cap hit, age, and position. If they were to be traded for each other, I'd say one for one would be fair.
yikes, Zinger et Devil a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 20 h 24
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293

I’d take Marner right now but it could become Hughes soon enough
Saskleaf et Devil a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2021 à 21 h 9
Speak of the Devil

Quoting: Isles777

Quoting: Dzinger18
Honestly I'd have to say Hughes. Being a center gives him bonus points too.

Quoting: Saskleaf
To be honest, I'd say about the same.

We can all agree Marner>Hughes (this is not up for debate), but in terms of trade value, Marner has many things going against him, including cap hit, age, and position. If they were to be traded for each other, I'd say one for one would be fair.

Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I’d take Marner right now but it could become Hughes soon enough

Thank you for your responses.

I asked this question because a Leafs fan was saying that Marner has more than twice the value than Hughes does

Some Leaf fans are crazy
Saskleaf, Zinger, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage