Forums/Armchair-GM

East Playoff Predictions

Créé par: TheFlamingC
Équipe: 2020-21 Équipe personnalisée
Date de création initiale: 11 mai 2021
Publié: 12 mai 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Pittsburgh vs New York - All Penguin injuries with the exception of Brandon Tanev are expected to recover for playoffs. The Islanders are missing Anders Lee for the entirety of playoffs. The Islanders are the more handicapped team at this point. In the actual lineups, the Penguins have Crosby, Malkin and Guentzel for star players. All 3 have typically shown excellent playoff performances so they will be fine in that regard. Their second scoring composes of Teddy Blueger, Bryan Rust, Jeff Carter, Jared McCann, Jason Zucker and Kasperi Kapanen. All of them with the exception of Jason Zucker had exceptional regular seasons and Carter and Rust have shown the ability to perform in the playoffs. McCann, Zucker, Blueger and Kapanen don’t have enough experience to make a judgement but they haven’t done exceptionally in their previous outings. That said, I’m confident they will perform given the culture of this organization and the contagious nature of something like that. The 4th line is defensively competent, not overly tough but aren’t going to tip the scale too much in either direction which is what you want from a 4th line. Overall the Penguins forward group has the star power, is 9 deep, hard to play against and performs well in the playoffs. I’d like to see a tougher 4th line but the team can’t be perfect. The Islanders only star forward is Mathew Barzal. I think you’d like you star player to be better than Barzal as well. The Penguins have a much better star group. Secondary scoring on the Islanders is Eberle, Beauvillier, Nelson, Bailey, Palmieri, Pageau and Wahlstrom. All had succesful regular seasons with the exception of Palmieri who played terrible for the Islanders. All have also shown the ability to perform in the playoffs excluding Palmieri who never gets there and Wahlstrom who is a rookie. I don’t see Wahlstrom playing terrific because rookies typically don’t but I think Palmieri will be fine. Given that I think Wahlstrom won’t be great, they are 7 forwards deep. The 4th line consists of a wheel of Martin, Cizikas, Clutterbuck, Kimarov and Zajac. They are hard to play against and get the job done. I think the Isles 4th line is more effective than Pittsburgh’s. That said, 1 of these guys will have to play top 9 because of the Lee injury so that won’t be great. Especially if it’s Komarov like daily face off suggests. The Isles star power is subpar, they are 7 deep and have a great 4th line. They need more star power and they need a big performance from Wahlstrom to be 8 deep but the Penguins still have a better forward group. On defence, the Penguins have an elite #1 who was IMO top 5 league wide this year in Letang. Marino makes for a solid #2 and Pettersen and Dumo are solid #4s to fill out the top 4. Then the third pair. Ceci-Matheson. Yikes. That pair actively routes for the opposing team whenever on the ice. As ineffective as a third pair can get. Marino doesn’t have enough playoff experience to make a call on his ability to perform but I have no worries. Dumo and Pettersen have historically been just fine and Letang dominates just like in the RS. Ceci and Matheson can’t play in the RS, never mind the playoffs. Overall the Penguins have a great #1 and #2, a rounded out top 4 and an atrocious 3rd pair. The Islanders have a low end #1 in Pulock and a top pair guy in Leddy. Pelech is a #3 and Mayfield is a solid 4. Dobson is well on his way to being a #1 and is already solid top 4. Andy Greene works perfectly fine on the 3rd pair as well. All d-men with the exception of Dobson who has 1 playoff game have shown ability to perform in the playoffs. Dobson may not be great in the playoffs but even if he’s a solid third pair guy the Isles will be fine on D. They overall have a solid, complete defensive corps that will get the job done. I’d like to see a #1 better than Pulock but you can’t complain with having him. Overall, the Isles have a better defensive corps simply due to the third pair. Both have rounded out top 4s, the Pens have better high end but the Isles 3rd pair is tremendously better. In net, the Isles have a massive advantage. Varlamov is my Vezina pick and Tristan Jarry is a very average starter. Varlamov can win this series on his own. Jarry can not. Overall the Penguins have a better forward group and the Isles have a slightly better defensive corps and significantly better goalie. I also think the Isles are harder to play against than the Pens. On special teams the Pens have the 4th best PP in the NHL. The Isles have the 21st by comparison. On PK, the Pens possess the 26th rank while the Isles are 6th. The Isles PK will likely be able to take the Pens PP, but the shockingly bad PK will probably still give up PP goals to the Isles. I also think the Isles have better systems. And I think the one week break will serve to break the Isles downward spiral and freeze the Pens tear. My pick is the Islanders in 6

Washington vs Boston - All of Washington’s injuries are expected to return with the possible exception of TJ Oshie. Coyle, Boston’s only major injury should return. For purposes of this, let’s pretend Oshie is out for the whole round. For stars, the Caps have Backstrom and Ovechkin. 2 elite stars. Both can perform in the playoffs as well. Secondary players consist of Kuznetsov, Wilson, Mantha, Eller, Sheary and Sprong. This makes them 8 deep. Kuznetsov, Wilson, Eller and Sheary can all perform in the playoffs. Mantha and Sprong have no playoff games thus far. I think both will be fine and Mantha may even elevate. The 4th line of Hagelin-Dowd-Hathaway brings toughness and penalty killing and is exactly what you want from a 4th line. Hagelin also has had some pretty impressive playoff performances. Overall, they have the star power, they have the depth, they are hard to play against, they have an effective 4th line, it’s a complete forward group. I’d like for them to be 9 deep though but an Oshie return would make that happen. Boston has Bergeron, Marchand, Hall and Pastrnak in the way of star players. They have a lot more star power than Washington, especially with no Oshie. Bergeron, Marchand and Pasta have shown playoff performance but I have some concerns with Hall. I think he’ll be more of a secondary option as opposed to a star forward. Secondary scoring consists of DeBrusk, Coyle, Ritchie, Smith and Krejci. I have no worries about any of these players ability to perform in the playoffs. This makes the Bruins 9 deep. The 4th line is defensively competent and tough. They, like Washington are an effective 4th line. Both Washington and Boston have defensively competent forward groups, Boston more so and both are hard to play against, Washington more so. Overall, Boston has more star power, is slightly deeper and are better defensively whereas Washington is slightly tougher. Both have effective 4th lines. The forward groups are very even, with an advantage to Boston. Washington has an elite #1 d-man in Carlson. Not great defensively but he’s still an elite #1 who can perform in the playoffs. Schultz is a good #2 and Orlov and Dillon round out a solid, yet not elite top 4. On the 3rd pair, TVR and Chara are a more than competent duo. No issues there. Boston also has an elite #1 who can actually play defence. Grezlcyk is a good #2 but worse than Justin Schultz. Carlo is a solid #3 and they have multiple other competent defence men who can fill out a third pair. They don’t have a #4 though. Both defensive groups are very even but I’d opt for Washington’s group. Slightly. In net, Samsonov and Rask are both good NHL starters but Rask is better and has playoff experience. Rask is the better starter. On special teams, Washington has the 3rd ranked PP and Boston has the 9th. Both have good PPs. On the PK, Boston has the 2nd best and Washington has the 5th best. Neither team will get an edge on special teams. Boston has better forwards, a better goalie, elite special teams, and better team defense m. Washington has better defense men and also has elite special teams. I’m going with Boston in 7 because of defensive ability and goaltending as well as the wildcard of Taylor Hall. If Hall plays well, Boston wil no doubt win this series.

Boston vs New York - I’m not going to recap all the players again in this paragraph as it is as already been discussed. Boston has better star forwards, is 9 deep as opposed to 8 and both have good playoff 4th lines. Neither team will have issues with disappointing players with the exception of Hall and Wahlstrom who are both question marks. Boston possesses the better forward group, especially if Hall plays well. On defence, the Islanders are significantly more well rounded while Boston possess a far superior #1. Both groups are defensively good up front and in d. In net, Varlamov is the better goalie but Rask will hold his ground. There is net a large advantage in net for NY. Just depends on who has the hot hand. Both teams have good coaches, good systems and are hard to play against. Both are defensively excellent. The forward group in Boston is better but NYI takes an advantage in net and on D. Boston does possess an advantage in special teams though with an exceptional PP and PK compared to NYI, who only has a functional PK. This series will also go 7 games. I think I’m going to go with Boston though. There only real weakness is a poor #4. NYI lacks a PP, lacks star power, could have a better #1 and needs Lee back to have a filled out top 9. Boston in 7 games.
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
71 $50 905 129 $0 $0 $-50 905 128 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 666 667 $6 666 667 $
AD
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
Logo de Islanders de New York
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 5
Logo de Capitals de Washington
9 538 462 $9 538 462 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 900 000 $4 900 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
12 mai 2021 à 23 h 26
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 554
Modifié 12 mai 2021 à 23 h 54
Have u seen what Matheson/Ceci have done this season in the Pens system and away from the sh*tty leafs and Panthers systems..?? Ceci is gonna get a big contract next year. Pens have two 2nd pairings now.

Ceci is plus 18 and even better underlying analytics. Playing 19 plus minutes a night. Matheson is one of the fastest skaters in the NHL and has played great. Offensively and defensively. No one on the Isles whole team is a plus 18.
AustonMatthews3443 a aimé ceci.
12 mai 2021 à 23 h 29
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 422
DO north next
12 mai 2021 à 23 h 31
MGITBPITNHL
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,535
What is the word count of this team explanation
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
12 mai 2021 à 23 h 35
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,246
Quoting: mhroblak
What is the word count of this team explanation

Masonh618 et TheFlamingC a aimé ceci.
12 mai 2021 à 23 h 44
MGITBPITNHL
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,535
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason

Dang. The year Queen Anne died
12 mai 2021 à 23 h 48
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
My prediction: Bruins in 7 and Penguins in 6
12 mai 2021 à 23 h 54
You owe us picks
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 163
There is so much wrong with your thoughts on the Islanders I'm not even going to attempt to argue them, but that's ok anyways, we thrive on being the under dogs.
13 mai 2021 à 0 h 14
Isles7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Pelech is a lot better than a #3. The isles defense is great because pelech-pulock is arguably the best pairing in the league

13 mai 2021 à 0 h 26
Banni
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,585
I actually think this is likely how it pans out. Isles and boston have the strongest defensive systems play. That usually is what wins out.
13 mai 2021 à 0 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
Quoting: LetsGoPens69
Have u seen what Matheson/Ceci have done this season in the Pens system and away from the sh*tty leafs and Panthers systems..?? Ceci is gonna get a big contract next year. Pens have two 2nd pairings now.

Ceci is plus 18 and even better underlying analytics. Playing 19 plus minutes a night. Matheson is one of the fastest skaters in the NHL and has played great. Offensively and defensively. No one on the Isles whole team is a plus 18.

Maybe I was overreacting about how bad they are. I just don’t like that pair. They make me nervous every time they touch the ice.
13 mai 2021 à 0 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: LeafsFanZay
DO north next

Got Central finished and ready to publish tomorrow but North is coming!
LeafsFanZay a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2021 à 0 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Devil1122
My prediction: Bruins in 7 and Penguins in 6

Reasonable. Pens could come out on top. Wouldn’t rule it out.
13 mai 2021 à 0 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Rokk
There is so much wrong with your thoughts on the Islanders I'm not even going to attempt to argue them, but that's ok anyways, we thrive on being the under dogs.

What did I get wrong? I don’t think I’m sleeping on them either, I have them beating the Penguins in 6. Just read through all my thoughts on it and didn’t see anything that incorrect
13 mai 2021 à 0 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Isles777
Pelech is a lot better than a #3. The isles defense is great because pelech-pulock is arguably the best pairing in the league

Sorry, misworded that. Pelech is a great #3 is what I meant to say. As in he is the Islanders #3, not a #3 d-man
13 mai 2021 à 0 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
I actually think this is likely how it pans out. Isles and boston have the strongest defensive systems play. That usually is what wins out.

Yep, defense, goaltending, special teams and toughness are the biggest things for me. Not toughness as in John Scott though, toughness as in hard to play against
13 mai 2021 à 1 h 11
You owe us picks
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 163
Quoting: TheFlamingC
What did I get wrong? I don’t think I’m sleeping on them either, I have them beating the Penguins in 6. Just read through all my thoughts on it and didn’t see anything that incorrect

Quote:
The Islanders only star forward is Mathew Barzal. I think you’d like you star player to be better than Barzal as well

This is just one quote of many. If Barzal were on any offensive minded team in the league he'd easily be a 90 to 100 point man. All the points you made were about goals, goals, goals you never once took in to consideration that the Islanders are a top 3 shut down team in the league. When they're playing their game they can shut down any team in the league including the high flying Penguins. Varlamov had a good season, and kept us in the game quite a few times this year. But if it wasn't for the entire team's defense first system in front of him he likely wouldn't have done so well. That became pretty clear towards the end of the season when his defense let him down.
13 mai 2021 à 2 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Rokk
Quote:
The Islanders only star forward is Mathew Barzal. I think you’d like you star player to be better than Barzal as well

This is just one quote of many. If Barzal were on any offensive minded team in the league he'd easily be a 90 to 100 point man. All the points you made were about goals, goals, goals you never once took in to consideration that the Islanders are a top 3 shut down team in the league. When they're playing their game they can shut down any team in the league including the high flying Penguins. Varlamov had a good season, and kept us in the game quite a few times this year. But if it wasn't for the entire team's defense first system in front of him he likely wouldn't have done so well. That became pretty clear towards the end of the season when his defense let him down.

Ok, I stand by that. Mathew Barzal is a tremendous player, don’t get me wrong. But he isn’t Nikita Kucherov, he isn’t 18-19 Ryan O’Reilly. He isn’t Alex Ovechkin. He isn’t Sidney Crosby. He isn’t Patrick Kane or Jonathan Toews. He isn’t Kopitar. Of the last 6 Cup champions star players, he only holds a candle to ROR. I love Mathew Barzal, but to win a championship I think you need a better guy than that. He will be that guy in 2023/24 but for now it’s 2021.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage