Forums/Armchair-GM

Call me Dubas

Créé par: knuxles
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 11 mai 2021
Publié: 11 mai 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I'm not a leafs fan... I hear a lot of talks about Dubas being the best GM in the league and I figured I'd try to make the leafs better using their assests to deliver up to teams asking price and needs to prove Dubas could do better. He doesn't seem to care too much about player development, using this knowledge, I used many of the teams top prospects and remaining draft picks to get players who need the leafs prospects more than the leafs. Both the Sabres and Ducks want prospects, obviously the best prospects have to be used to get the better player, Eichel. The rest of the prospects worthy of being traded went to Anaheim to get Rakell.To make things more even, the Ducks received the 2022 1st round pick and the Sabres received the 2023 1st round pick. Leafs could use a cheap and good RD so I cleared up cap space by giving away Kerfoot and threw in a 2022 2nd for good measure. Dunn wants out of St Louis so I figured I could get away with paying him the same amount but with a 3-year deal. Last but not least, I had to get rid of some serious cap space so I decided to get rid of Jake Muzzin. He has been good for the leafs but I knew in the end, Eichel and Rakell were worth much more than Muzzin. That being said, he is still a really good D and the Leafs got him for a prospect, a depth player, and a 1st. This meant I could still get an underrated player and a 1st for Muzzin. After considering a couple of teams, I chose Philly because they could honestly be so much better and I think getting a top 6 D could seriously help them try to clinch a playoff spot next year. Philly also has a couple of underappreciated players who just don't fit well. For example, Nolan Patrick, who a lot of people consider a bust. I think Patrick can actually succeed on a team like Toronto as he would be playing with Hyman and Mikheyev.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
31 875 000 $
3925 000 $
31 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
32 300 000 $
3750 000 $
2750 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Dunn, Vince [Droits de RFA]
STL
  1. Kerfoot, Alexander
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
TOR
  1. Patrick, Nolan [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (PHI)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de PHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2081 500 000 $79 848 755 $0 $0 $1 651 245 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
C
UFA - 5
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 3
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 4
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 463 139 $2 463 139 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 3
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 3
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
1 875 000 $1 875 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
G
UFA - 1
810 000 $810 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
11 mai 2021 à 15 h 30
Roster Architect
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 909
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Enough said.

I explain something that maybe some users don't know or aren't aware of, and you flip like that and say I'm the problem? Wow.
11 mai 2021 à 15 h 33
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,130
Quoting: TrueCanuck
Patrick isn't much at this point. Hasn't shown he's anything more than a bottom 6 guy. A 1st round pick between 25-32 doesn't have a whole lot of value either. You could easily flip Muzzin for more than that, or move another guy and keep Muzzin in the top 4. Flyers fans can't really argue much better defence when they have one of the worst ranked defences in the league

Patirck can still fetch a late 2nd depending on the team. Still the point stands why not just trade Patrick and the 1st for a RD straight up it's much more simple. What if the team that we would try to aquire the RD from with Muzzin already has good enough LD or doesn't want his contract.
11 mai 2021 à 15 h 35
Roster Architect
Quoting: HikinenNisti
Patirck can still fetch a late 2nd depending on the team. Still the point stands why not just trade Patrick and the 1st for a RD straight up it's much more simple. What if the team that we would try to aquire the RD from with Muzzin already has good enough LD or doesn't want his contract.

Not saying you're wrong, although I'm not sure about Patrick getting a late 2nd but that's a small point. All I'm saying is that the value here is incredibly on Philadelphia's side. Flyers fans would be dumb to not take it and flip Muzzin for more because he's worth more than a struggling forward and mid round 1st
11 mai 2021 à 15 h 35
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 228
ok .. Dubas , your above trade proposals suck.
There is no chance the Leafs are getting Eichel.
11 mai 2021 à 15 h 54
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,130
Not saying you're wrong, although I'm not sure about Patrick getting a late 2nd but that's a small point. All I'm saying is that the value here is incredibly on Philadelphia's side. Flyers fans would be dumb to not take it and flip Muzzin for more because he's worth more than a struggling forward and mid round 1st

Rather just trade with Patrick and 1st. Even if Muzzin would be bit more valuable hes not gonna get you more than a 3rd from the same team.
11 mai 2021 à 16 h 11
Drover006
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 494
Ok what we need to not do is have sandin in ANY trades he is our LD future that we need.
11 mai 2021 à 16 h 37
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,576
I explain something that maybe some users don't know or aren't aware of, and you flip like that and say I'm the problem? Wow.

I'm always amused when someone goes out of his way to use a snide idiom like "You know . . . right?" and then pretends to be shocked -- SHOCKED! -- when the other guy calls him on the snottiness.

Your posture of innocent in the woods conflicts embarrassingly with your pose of altruistic educator of the less informed. I'm sure someone of your obvious intelligence (and I'm not being sarcastic) could have found a better way to phrase your original comment.

If you think you don't have any ownership here, then God be with you.
Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2021 à 16 h 46
Save Ukrane, end war
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 783
Quoting: mauston_atthews
He doesn’t like player development? He literally denied a trade for Mackenzie weegar who’s been one of the best defencemen in the nhl this season so he could have space for sandin. He literally also said he wants to see him as an integral part of our playoff run. Robertson got some games in, I just think he needs more time. He’s a junior superstar too me rn and he just needs more time to learn. He managed to get liljegren in some games. Don’t give me that. He also gave up ZERO prospects at the deadline and still made the team much better. Don’t give me that he doesn’t like player development. That’s not enough for eichel. They want proven talent. That rackell trade is awful for the leafs. They don’t need him at all and liljegren has looked great so far and will only get better. I guess the kerfoot for Dunn trade is ok? That Muzzin trade is just, WHAT? Our best defensive guy for Nolan bustrick? This whole thing is just really stupid.

Agreed. Lot's of good posts in this thread defending Dubas and I would agree that he is for sure focused on player development. I would be surprised if there's too many trades happening in this upcoming offseason. Dubas signed some cornerstone pieces to massive contracts and now needs to massage in role players and younger (cheap) guys to round out the lineup. The challenge becomes even more difficult with a flat cap that was not anticipated. Only major trade I can see happening is if he needs to move a prospect to ensure Seattle picks who they want them to pick.
mauston_atthews a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2021 à 16 h 46
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 132
Quoting: mauston_atthews
He doesn’t like player development? He literally denied a trade for Mackenzie weegar who’s been one of the best defencemen in the nhl this season so he could have space for sandin. He literally also said he wants to see him as an integral part of our playoff run. Robertson got some games in, I just think he needs more time. He’s a junior superstar too me rn and he just needs more time to learn. He managed to get liljegren in some games. Don’t give me that. He also gave up ZERO prospects at the deadline and still made the team much better. Don’t give me that he doesn’t like player development. That’s not enough for eichel. They want proven talent. That rackell trade is awful for the leafs. They don’t need him at all and liljegren has looked great so far and will only get better. I guess the kerfoot for Dunn trade is ok? That Muzzin trade is just, WHAT? Our best defensive guy for Nolan bustrick? This whole thing is just really stupid.

Not to mention most of the GM's in the league demanded that Bettman made rules part of the CBA to hamstring Toronto because of the speed and frequency they develop players. That's actually a thing people can look up.
mauston_atthews a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2021 à 16 h 50
Save Ukrane, end war
I'm always amused when someone goes out of his way to use a snide idiom like "You know . . . right?" and then pretends to be shocked -- SHOCKED! -- when the other guy calls him on the snottiness.

Your posture of innocent in the woods conflicts embarrassingly with your pose of altruistic educator of the less informed. I'm sure someone of your obvious intelligence (and I'm not being sarcastic) could have found a better way to phrase your original comment.

Still a smidge upset about Tavares leaving eh?
TrueCanuck a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2021 à 16 h 54
Roster Architect

Wow. Musta forgot that chill pill man. Relax before you have a heart attack.
11 mai 2021 à 16 h 57
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,576
Quoting: BigDaddyOvech
Still a smidge upset about Tavares leaving eh?

No, I became a Kings fan when I moved here in the nineties. But I was still happy to see the Islanders go further than the Maple Leafs in both of the last two years.
Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2021 à 16 h 59
Save Ukrane, end war
No, I became a Kings fan when I moved here in the nineties. But I was still happy to see the Islanders go further than the Maple Leafs in both of the last two years.

Obviously.
18 mai 2021 à 3 h 16
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,923
LMAO of a 1st round pick three drafts from now lol

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage