SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (PART 5)

18 mai 2021 à 17 h 12
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
Quoting: yikes
Lol I can tell yah whenever I tuned into the Sharks Wild games and I COULDNT get the Sharks cast I muted the game/ low volume.

Which is odd cause you’d think MIN; a good hockey state, would have a good hockey crew for commentators.

Their play-by-play guy isn't bad. He calls the game and gets the players names right 95% of the time. His goal call can be grating, but so do most after you've heard it 100s of times.

MN has been going with color commentators with ties to the Wild or MN hockey not on actual qualifications or ability. Carter isn't bad, but he's not a top guy by any means. The rest are different levels of trash.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2021 à 19 h 45
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Where do you guys believe Kuznetsov will end up if he's moved and what could WSH get for him?
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2021 à 19 h 47
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Where do you guys believe Kuznetsov will end up if he's moved and what could WSH get for him?

Flames, Wild and Blue Jackets are the main teams I could see getting him.
I'd say a first and a good prospect.
18 mai 2021 à 20 h 2
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641

CBJ or VGK. I don't think CGY or MN want him due to his off-ice issues.
18 mai 2021 à 20 h 4
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578

Columbus. Jarmo seems to love the European guys, and they have a massive center problem. Dunno if he's a 1C or not, but he's better than what they have now.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2021 à 8 h 15
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Eugene melnyk be throwing his ice coffee at the wall like pierre dorion after learning the habs can have fans and he cant

because his team is out
BuFfaLOFaN et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2021 à 12 h 52
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436

1. Minnesota
2. Columbus
3. Vegas
4. Calgary
5. NY Rangers

2nd + prospect
19 mai 2021 à 13 h 31
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,338
So per George Armstrong, the Blues have discrepancies in Covid test results ( tests they believe are false positive ), they are working with the NHL to ''address'' the discrepancies with more testing
19 mai 2021 à 20 h 59
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
I'm very confused why only in game 6 Mount Royal can have fans
BuFfaLOFaN et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2021 à 21 h 0
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34

Because regulations in Québec are changing on the 28th.
LeafsFanForSomeReason, BuFfaLOFaN, MitchMarner_16 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2021 à 21 h 0
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,224
Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34

After the 28th
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2021 à 21 h 40
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Now that the regular season's finally over and I'm FINALLY free from school work for this semester, I can update my final award projections as I've done every month here.

Back in April, my picks looked like this

Quoting: justaboss
April award predictions

Art Ross: Connor McDavid, EDM

Maurice Richard: Auston Matthews, TOR

Ted Lindsay: Connor McDavid, EDM

Hart: Connor McDavid, EDM

Norris: Victor Hedman, TB.

Calder: Jason Robertson, DAL

Selke: Aleksander Barkov, FLA

Vezina: Andrei Vasilevskiy

Honestly, my picks are not changing much. I reckon only two of them will change a bit. Here's the picks.

Art Ross: Connor McDavid
- congrats to the man, 105 points in 56 games is extremely impressive.

Maurice Richard: Auston Matthews
- congrats to him as well, 41 goals in 52 games is uncalled for in today's NHL.

Ted Lindsay: Connor McDavid
- this is a given. Players do think he's the best in the sport, and this kind of season is unprecedented in the top level of this sport today.

Hart: Connor McDavid
- it's gotta be McDavid. The guy just doesn't carry Edmonton Oilers, the guy is Edmonton Oilers. The team scored 183 goals last year, with McDavid being a part of 105 of them, meaning he was statistically part of almost 58% of their goals, and most likely even more if we count those goals EDM scored while he was on ice without just having a point there.

Norris: Victor Hedman
- he's just so good. Imo he's the MVP of Tampa, and the best D on the planet. Smooth, solid and sizable player without clear weaknesses, and stats like the guy too.

Calder: Kirill Kaprizov
- I'd want to give some recognition to my man Robertson, but honestly Kaprizov smashed it this year. He comes from KHL as a top player, and remains a top player in NHL as well. Starting from the day 1 he's been the best player in the Wild, and he's a big part of the change why Wild is looking pretty good, not just mediocre like they've always been.

Selke: Aleksander Barkov
- Florida surprised everyone this year, and Barkov himself emerged as a top5 center this year. He played over a PPG game with very nameless wingers and all around carried this team all year. He makes everyone he plays with better and he doesn't have like any single weakness in his game at this moment. Feel like people can't give enough credit for the guy on how good is he.

Vezina: Juuse Saros
- Gotta give respect to this man. He played the second half of the year just ahead of his peers. He was in a class of his own, and he brought Preds from 7th in division to a playoff team almost single handedly. Preds themselves didn't even look that impressive, but Saros did. Especially the stint from the mid-March to the end of April he was absolutely insane.

If you have any opinions on these picks, I'd like to hear it.
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2021 à 21 h 47
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
The NBCSN commentator of the Bruins-Capitals game is horrible.

“There’s Hathaway on the bench with the rubby stick. Making sure embed got enough grip, grip on the middle of his uh, stick there.”

Like really. Really that’s what you’re going to talk about lol
AndrewLadd et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2021 à 21 h 48
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Quoting: justaBoss
Now that the regular season's finally over and I'm FINALLY free from school work for this semester, I can update my final award projections as I've done every month here.

Honestly, my picks are not changing much. I reckon only two of them will change a bit. Here's the picks.

- this is a given. Players do think he's the best in the sport, and this kind of season is unprecedented in the top level of this sport today.

- it's gotta be McDavid. The guy just doesn't carry Edmonton Oilers, the guy is Edmonton Oilers. The team scored 183 goals last year, with McDavid being a part of 105 of them, meaning he was statistically part of almost 58% of their goals, and most likely even more if we count those goals EDM scored while he was on ice without just having a point there.

- he's just so good. Imo he's the MVP of Tampa, and the best D on the planet. Smooth, solid and sizable player without clear weaknesses, and stats like the guy too.

- I'd want to give some recognition to my man Robertson, but honestly Kaprizov smashed it this year. He comes from KHL as a top player, and remains a top player in NHL as well. Starting from the day 1 he's been the best player in the Wild, and he's a big part of the change why Wild is looking pretty good, not just mediocre like they've always been.

- Florida surprised everyone this year, and Barkov himself emerged as a top5 center this year. He played over a PPG game with very nameless wingers and all around carried this team all year. He makes everyone he plays with better and he doesn't have like any single weakness in his game at this moment. Feel like people can't give enough credit for the guy on how good is he.

- Gotta give respect to this man. He played the second half of the year just ahead of his peers. He was in a class of his own, and he brought Preds from 7th in division to a playoff team almost single handedly. Preds themselves didn't even look that impressive, but Saros did. Especially the stint from the mid-March to the end of April he was absolutely insane.

I agree w everything but the Norris, I think it’s gotta go to Fox as much as it pains me to admit it
justaBoss, MitchMarner_16 et yikes a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2021 à 21 h 51
What in tarnation
Quoting: AndrewLadd
I agree w everything but the Norris, I think it’s gotta go to Fox as much as it pains me to admit it

I'd probably give it to Fox if NYR had made the playoffs, but that didn't happen this time.
19 mai 2021 à 21 h 53
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436

I agree with all of these except the vezina. It should go to saros but it will go to Vasy

Also Jack Hughes snubbed for the Hart
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2021 à 21 h 54
What in tarnation
Quoting: Devil1122
I agree with all of these except the vezina. It should go to saros but it will go to Vasy

Also Jack Hughes snubbed for the Hart

Lol most likely
19 mai 2021 à 23 h 34
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523

Quoting: Saskleaf
Flames, Wild and Blue Jackets are the main teams I could see getting him.
I'd say a first and a good prospect.

They'd be selling low on him if they traded him before the start of next season. I don't think his numbers over the last few seasons warrant more than a 1st, especially with his cap hit.
BuFfaLOFaN et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2021 à 6 h 15
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,338

I’d give Vezina to MAF or Vasy
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2021 à 7 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
McDavid is the best player in the world, Mackinnon is the best player in the clutch in the world.
20 mai 2021 à 8 h 40
What in tarnation
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I’d give Vezina to MAF or Vasy

Vasy will take it most likely, but I'm betting for an upset. Tampa had the material to win the presidents, NSH shouldn't have even made the playoffs without Saros destroying it on net.
20 mai 2021 à 8 h 41
What in tarnation
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
McDavid is the best player in the world, Mackinnon is the best player in the clutch in the world.

So MacKinnon's the best when it actually matters?
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2021 à 9 h 27
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Just a daily reminder Lou Lamiorello traded Devon Toews for two 2nd round picks and then won GM of the year
EsoYeezus69, BuFfaLOFaN, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2021 à 9 h 35
Bo Horvat enjoyer
More Lou Lam slander cuz him trading Toews away lives rent free in my head:

Devon Toews, a dman- 31 points in 53 games
JG Pageau, a center- 28 points in 54 games

This doesn’t take into account Devin Toews’ advanced stats which are apparently incredible. But what is the point I’m trying to make?

Lou trades away Toews for 2 2nds, his contract is 4.1x4
Lou trades for Pageau trades A FIRST AND A SECOND AND THEN SIGNS HIM 5x6

Clearly Lazy Lou has no concept of asset management
BuFfaLOFaN, Saskleaf et yikes a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2021 à 9 h 40
Bo Horvat enjoyer
And to complete the trilogy of Lou Lam salt posts, now is a good time to remind everyone he spent an actual first round draft choice on Simon Holmstrom whose struggling to do anything in the AHL. The two picks after him were Tomasino and McMichael, both on the path to great nhl careers imo 🙃
BuFfaLOFaN et yikes a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage