Forums/Armchair-GM

which elite c do you take and why

Créé par: yycofred
Équipe: 2022-23 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 7 mai 2021
Publié: 7 mai 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
these trades have been thrown around for fun a lot in the past 24 hours, there is a ton of "toronto wont do that" or "edmonton says no" etc, no one really explains why though.

simple stats wise these two guys are not that far off, personally i think that draisatl would go to toronto and be significantly better 5 on 5 than he is in edmonton cause he would play with either marner or nylander and can drive a line.

matthews would have a hay day in edmonton cause he would be playing against teams second best lines every night, i dont know if he would be as good in edmonton as he is in toronto though because the group around him is a shell of what they have in toronto.

this is all my opinion and in no way based in fact i have included stats below to back up my thinking but other people have obviously watched way more of both of them this year, would love to hear your thoughts.
Transactions
EDM
  1. Matthews, Auston
Détails additionnels:
career ($11.6)
1.05 PPG
198 goals
151 assists
92 pp points (26%)

playoffs
0.76 ppg (25 games)

last three seasons: 20:20/game (approx)

surrounding cast is obviously better in toronto, matthews spends most of his ice time with marner

advanced stats and posession stats lean towards matthews, i personally dont dive into them a ton but someone who knows much more than i do can.

matthews is one of the top two goal scorers in the league and i dont think he is #2
TOR
  1. Draisaitl, Leon
Détails additionnels:
career ($8.5)
1.05 PPG
196 goals
303 assists
152 pp point (30%)

playoffs
1.29 ppg (17 games)

last three seasons atoi: 22:30/game (approx)

surrounding cast, draisaitl stats are influenced by mcdavid but spends most of his time the last couple seasons has been nugent hopkins

advanced stats and posession stats lean towards matthews, i personally dont dive into them a ton but someone who knows much more than i do can.

draisaitl maybe plays a better 200 ft game but not by much
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de PIT
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
581 500 000 $38 991 583 $896 000 $1 350 000 $42 508 417 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AG, C
RFA - 2
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
870 000 $870 000 $
AD, C
RFA - 1
4 167 000 $4 167 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 1
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
DD
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 mai 2021 à 10 h 53
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 422
Matthews is a generation goal scoring talent whereas Draisaitl is only good cuz of McDavid

Ez MAtthews for me and i may be bias but i'm sure there are plenty of non-bias people that agree
yycofred a aimé ceci.
7 mai 2021 à 10 h 54
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Matthews is the better player imo, by Draisaitl is 3M cheaper so I'll take Draisaitl
yycofred a aimé ceci.
7 mai 2021 à 10 h 57
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 446
I watch alot of Leafs and Oliers games and I am just going say these things.
1) Either center would be a huge upgrade for any team as both are top 5 offensively in the league
2) Matthews plays a much more compete 200 foot game compared to Draisaitl
3) If you were going off their caps, most people would take Draisaitl as 3 plus million dollars different could help build a team

Overall, I would take Matthews (barely) because scoring in this league is so hard, but it would take me days to finally take Matthews over Draisaitl
yycofred et staytru20 a aimé ceci.
7 mai 2021 à 10 h 58
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,509
I’m going Matthews as I like his overall game better but it’s close.

Quoting: LeafsFanZay
Matthews is a generation goal scoring talent whereas Draisaitl is only good cuz of McDavid

Ez MAtthews for me and i may be bias but i'm sure there are plenty of non-bias people that agree

Draisaitl is only good because McDavid? awesome face
yycofred a aimé ceci.
7 mai 2021 à 11 h 1
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 875
Matthews is probably the better player overall, but Draisaitl is pretty damn close. It's the contract that kind of bridges that gap. Drai at an $8.5M cap hit for the next four seasons is amazing value. Matthews at $11.640 for the next three years is probably true value for Matthews cap-wise, but that difference in money can make a lot of difference for acquiring better depth players.
yycofred a aimé ceci.
7 mai 2021 à 11 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 903
Quoting: BStinson
Draisaitl is only good because McDavid? awesome face

that shocked me a bit too... hahah, i mean if you could do a deep dive i bet most of the goals with mcdavid and draisaitl on the score sheet are on the powerplay.
7 mai 2021 à 11 h 5
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 4,209

Hahaha! That’s like every leaf fans out there say. “Draisaitl is only good because of McDavid”. Well clearly you haven’t watched him play at all. Every player would be better if they had McDavid on their team! That’s just funny.
Jeuck75 et BStinson a aimé ceci.
7 mai 2021 à 11 h 9
Quoting: Nhl_oilers
Hahaha! That’s like every leaf fans out there say. “Draisaitl is only good because of McDavid”. Well clearly you haven’t watched him play at all. Every player would be better if they had McDavid on their team! That’s just funny.

Completely agree, its just like the same argument with Matthews and Marner.
Draisaitl is an amazing player on his own but is even better playing with Mcdavid. Same goes with Matthews playing alone, and then with Marner
Nhl_oilers a aimé ceci.
7 mai 2021 à 11 h 16
Quoting: CapFriendlysFinest
Completely agree, its just like the same argument with Matthews and Marner.
Draisaitl is an amazing player on his own but is even better playing with Mcdavid. Same goes with Matthews playing alone, and then with Marner

Exactly! I am happy that you are not one of those leaf fans that think the same as some. It’s annoying honestly, but when I see that, I feel like the people are just jealous that they don’t have that player.
CapFriendlysFinest a aimé ceci.
7 mai 2021 à 11 h 21
Pistol Pete
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,479
Draisaitl has played with Yamamoto who has been pretty bad he cant shoot and a revolving cast on LW most of the time. its only been about 16 Games that mcdavid and drai have been together this season. Drai would be like if marner and Mathews had a baby that can pass and shoot. He's by far the better player.
7 mai 2021 à 11 h 26
Jeuck75
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,602

Wrong...Draisaitl is still VERY good without McDavid, as proved last year
Nhl_oilers a aimé ceci.
7 mai 2021 à 11 h 55
Exactly! I am happy that you are not one of those leaf fans that think the same as some. It’s annoying honestly, but when I see that, I feel like the people are just jealous that they don’t have that player.

It's not just Leafs fans, its any fan jealous of a player. You're telling me I wouldn't want Dry on my team? Of course I would!
7 mai 2021 à 12 h 30
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 422
Quoting: Jeuck75
Wrong...Draisaitl is still VERY good without McDavid, as proved last year

I am a pure Draisaitl hater, that is why i said he is only good cuzz of McDavid, and I mean i'm not wrong (at least in my opinion)
7 mai 2021 à 12 h 34
ARAB05
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 430
Draisaitl it is for me. Both very talented players but with Draisaitl's contacts its not even close.
Jeuck75 a aimé ceci.
7 mai 2021 à 12 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 7 mai 2021 à 12 h 43
I am a pure Draisaitl hater, that is why i said he is only good cuzz of McDavid, and I mean i'm not wrong (at least in my opinion)

https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/leon-draisaitl-stats-without-connor-mcdavid

point per game without mcdavid, when mcdavid goes down in edmonton the roster is terrifyingly bad, even worse last year when mcdavid was hurt. you can have your opinion, dont be blinded by how much you hate though
LeafsFanZay a aimé ceci.
7 mai 2021 à 13 h 1
Quoting: CapFriendlysFinest
It's not just Leafs fans, its any fan jealous of a player. You're telling me I wouldn't want Dry on my team? Of course I would!

That’s fair. I just mainly see it from leaf fans.
7 mai 2021 à 13 h 2

Why do you hate Draisaitl? Is it because you are jealous?
7 mai 2021 à 14 h 0
Roster Architect
Mentions "j'aime": 909

Quoting: yycofred
https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/leon-draisaitl-stats-without-connor-mcdavid

point per game without mcdavid, when mcdavid goes down in edmonton the roster is terrifyingly bad, even worse last year when mcdavid was hurt. you can have your opinion, dont be blinded by how much you hate though

Through 52 games this season Draisaitl has 77 points (28G, 49A). Now let's break that down a bit more:

47 EV strength points - 27 of them McDavid has factored in on (57%)
30 powerplay points - 23 of them McDavid has factored in on (76%)
77 total points - 60 of them McDavid has factored in on (78%)

Sorry, but Draisaitl isn't great without McDavid this year.
LeafsFanZay a aimé ceci.
7 mai 2021 à 14 h 11
Roster Architect
Let's compare to make the logical decision here!

Player A:
xGF - 31.1
xGA - 13.5
corsiFor - 53.9%
FenwickFor - 55%
oZS - 57.4%
shooting % - 19%
takeaways/giveaways - 45/50
hits - 55
blocked shots - 46
faceoff % - 51.4%

Player B:
xGF - 15.9
xGA - 25.9
corsiFor - 51.9%
FenwickFor - 52.1%
oZS - 54.7%
shooting % - 18.2
takeaways/giveaways - 52/66
hits - 33
blocked shots - 12
faceoff % - 55.6%

So Player A leads in 8 of 11 categories here. Player B leads in 3 of 11 categories here. Which player would you rather have?

Player A: Auston Matthews
Player B: Leon Draisaitl

This should really put an end to this conversation as to who's better. It's really not even close.
7 mai 2021 à 14 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: TrueCanuck
Let's compare to make the logical decision here!

Player A:
xGF - 31.1
xGA - 13.5
corsiFor - 53.9%
FenwickFor - 55%
oZS - 57.4%
shooting % - 19%
takeaways/giveaways - 45/50
hits - 55
blocked shots - 46
faceoff % - 51.4%

Player B:
xGF - 15.9
xGA - 25.9
corsiFor - 51.9%
FenwickFor - 52.1%
oZS - 54.7%
shooting % - 18.2
takeaways/giveaways - 52/66
hits - 33
blocked shots - 12
faceoff % - 55.6%

So Player A leads in 8 of 11 categories here. Player B leads in 3 of 11 categories here. Which player would you rather have?

Player A: Auston Matthews
Player B: Leon Draisaitl

This should really put an end to this conversation as to who's better. It's really not even close.

crazy that all that jargon still leads to draisaitl outscoring matthews by 75 points in the last 3 seasons. give draisaitl a full season with a guy like marner who plays elite defense and i think you see a far better draisaitl
7 mai 2021 à 17 h 3
Roster Architect
crazy that all that jargon still leads to draisaitl outscoring matthews by 75 points in the last 3 seasons. give draisaitl a full season with a guy like marner who plays elite defense and i think you see a far better draisaitl

Draisaitl only out scores Matthews because he plays with McDavid. As comment #18 says, McDavid has factored into 78% of Draisaitl's total points. But I bet if you put Matthews with McDavid, he out scores Draisaitl but much more than that.

Also, advanced stats are mostly isolated to the player. Matthews playing with Marner wouldn't have an effect on that. But funny how Matthews offensive underlying numbers are still better than Draisaitl's despite not playing with McDavid 🤔
7 mai 2021 à 17 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Draisaitl only out scores Matthews because he plays with McDavid. As comment #18 says, McDavid has factored into 78% of Draisaitl's total points. But I bet if you put Matthews with McDavid, he out scores Draisaitl but much more than that.

Also, advanced stats are mostly isolated to the player. Matthews playing with Marner wouldn't have an effect on that. But funny how Matthews offensive underlying numbers are still better than Draisaitl's despite not playing with McDavid 🤔

hockey is the most random and luck based major sport on the planet, you trying to isolate players and base metrics on that is ridiculous. it makes you sound like someone who learned about hockey from a video game but never put a skate on in your life.
7 mai 2021 à 17 h 41
Roster Architect
hockey is the most random and luck based major sport on the planet, you trying to isolate players and base metrics on that is ridiculous. it makes you sound like someone who learned about hockey from a video game but never put a skate on in your life.

1. I work in the scouting industry, so I know what I'm doing when I evaluate players.
2. I'm not the only one who uses analytics are part of their evaluation.

I'm sorry it doesn't support your opinion, but Matthews is the clear better player.
7 mai 2021 à 17 h 54
Démarrer sujet
1. I work in the scouting industry, so I know what I'm doing when I evaluate players.
2. I'm not the only one who uses analytics are part of their evaluation.

I'm sorry it doesn't support your opinion, but Matthews is the clear better player.

1. people have paid to watch me play, i scouted the ajhl for years and worked in the rockets front office, its not a hard position to attain and no one is impressed, i can confidently say i forgot more about the game than you know
2. so did advanced stats poster boy john chayka, looks like youre on a good trajectory. theres a reason so many more teams are hiring former players for the top position in organizations

and thats also your opinion.
7 mai 2021 à 18 h 9
Roster Architect
1. people have paid to watch me play, i scouted the ajhl for years and worked in the rockets front office, its not a hard position to attain and no one is impressed, i can confidently say i forgot more about the game than you know
2. so did advanced stats poster boy john chayka, looks like youre on a good trajectory. theres a reason so many more teams are hiring former players for the top position in organizations

and thats also your opinion.

Lol. I wasn't trying to impress at all. Just saying that I know how it works because EI literally do it for a living. Congrats. You scouted a junior A league, nice trying to flex. I'm an amateur scout for Hockey Canada. I watch a heck of a lot more hockey than you ever did. But you saying "i can confidently say i forgot more about the game than you know" shows how completely arrogant you are. I'd trust my opinion, the people I work with, and facts over your opinion any day. You DID scout. I DO scout right now. Things change all the time. & you say scouting jobs aren't hard to find and anyone can get them yet I bet you never came close to anything with Hockey Canada.

Sorry for the harsh comment, but your arrogance isn't needed. If that's the way you're gonna interact, please don't chat with me.

Matthews > Draisaitl... it's really not he's to see. But I can see why you're not a scout anymore now.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage