Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The best hypothetical lines that never existed
All Players in Prime and there is no equipment advantage
Players are weighed based on the value in their respective times
Lines are mixed with different time periods
These are not my top lines because I am diffidently forgetting some
Say what you would change

PLAYERS ARE CHOSEN IF THEY ARE GREAT OR POSSESS 1 ELITE SKILL VALUE TO THEIR LINE (EX. Anders Lee)

Line Analysis

Forwards

Ovechkin-Gretzky-Howe

This is the perfect line, Gretzky and Howe are two of the smartest ever in the NHL, they will always know where the puck is. The reason for this strange combo is a scenario like this: Gretzky feeds his wingers for one-timers and breakaways (Ovi in particular) and Howe plays physically in front of the net. Howe and Ovi play physical and protect the GOAT

Lee-Lemieux-Hosa

it may be strange having Anders Lee here but here is why. Hosa and Lee are great defensively and Lee is a rebounding machine who has approached 40 multiple times, he also brings physicality to the table. Lemieux in my opinion is the most skilled player ever (not the best) and he is big, fast, and can do anything. This line does everything from highlights to fights to dirty goals. Lee is a natural-born leader.

Jagr-McDavid-Richard

Jagr and McDavid are so good at skating and will attract plenty of attention leaving the Rocket open a multitude of times. This line is perfect because you have to pick your poison and can't shadow anyone alone because of the other one mismatches.

Datsyuk-Crosby-Kurri

This line has zero weaknesses, all players are great skaters and can play defensively when needed. They have all mastered every use of their hockey stick. Datsyuk has top 10 dangles, Crosby is arguably the best skater ever, and Kurri made Gretzky the GOAT because Kurri made up for so many errors defensively by the rest of the line. The passing, defense and skating will be amazing on this line.

Defense

Orr-Bourque
Both Bruins revolutionized the defensive position and are top 10 skaters without a doubt, this line would probably pot more points than some entire first lines. The sheer speed of this line would for sure overwhelm their counterparts

Lindstrom-Harvey

Both players have countless Noris Trophies and are known as elite lockdown defensemen who can jump up on the play. Before there was Orr's offensive defenseman style, there was Doug Harvey who may have been considered below-average size nowadays, he played with all his heart. Their offensive skill and defensive responsibility would make them matching puzzle pieces on the blue line

Potvin-Coffey

Potvin played with such physicality on the blue line but still contributed offensively as the anchor of one of the best dynasties ever.
He even scored 30 goals in a season. Controversially I must say Paul Coffey might've been the best skater ever and he was somehow part of the bedrock on offense of one of the greatest scoring dynasties ever. It would be impossible to play against them because they bring rough nose hockey along with great skating/offense and shut down D

Extra: Erik Karlson

I wanted to include a current player in here and Karlson seemed perfect, in his prime it seemed like he had Chara's shot, Orr's skating, and defensive recoveries, and mensa members IQ. He was a beast in his prime

Goalies

Tretiak-Hasek

Aren't goalies singular? Of course but Tretitak had unlimited potential and I think it would take the European goalie GOAT to convince him to play in the NHL and he would be an excellent mentor for the Soviet goalie

STAY TUNED FOR PART 2, THAT LIST WILL BE ORDERED BY BEST PLAYERS NOT STYLES
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
211 $53 925 000 $0 $0 $-53 924 999 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Ovechkin, Alexander
925 000 $925 000 $
Gretzky, Wayne
925 000 $925 000 $
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 5
Lemiuex, Mario
925 000 $925 000 $
Howe, Gordie
925 000 $925 000 $
Jagr, Jaromir
925 000 $925 000 $
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
UFA - 5
Hosa, Marian
925 000 $925 000 $
Datsyuk, Pavel
925 000 $925 000 $
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
Richard, Maurice
925 000 $925 000 $
Kurri, Jari
925 000 $925 000 $
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Orr, Bobby
925 000 $925 000 $
Bourque, Ray
925 000 $925 000 $
Tretiak, Vladislav
925 000 $925 000 $
Lindstrom, Nicklas
925 000 $925 000 $
Harvey, Doug
925 000 $925 000 $
Hasek, Dominik
925 000 $925 000 $
Coffey, Paul
925 000 $925 000 $
Potvin, Dennis
925 000 $925 000 $
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
3 mai 2021 à 17 h 24
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,343
yeah, having anders lee of all people on this team is really really really weird
3 mai 2021 à 17 h 28
Smythe.over.Hart
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,348
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
yeah, having anders lee of all people on this team is really really really weird

Of all players to put here... I mean Bossy... Yzerman, Sakic, Lindros, Bobby Hull... really anyone... even Barzal from current team? Lol but Lee???
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2021 à 17 h 36
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 427
which one of these is not like the others? Its your team/page you can do what you want, but just in my mind there have been a number of forwards (and guys who fit the 2-way, rebounding, goalscoring W) that i would choose over Lee, but if ya like him ya like him. Fellow Islander Mike Bossy, or Sergei Fedorov probably woulda been my pick, personally. Also respect for the Tretiak pick
3 mai 2021 à 17 h 56
Watches no games
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 976
Quoting: Heyhowareya37
which one of these is not like the others? Its your team/page you can do what you want, but just in my mind there have been a number of forwards (and guys who fit the 2-way, rebounding, goalscoring W) that i would choose over Lee, but if ya like him ya like him. Fellow Islander Mike Bossy, or Sergei Fedorov probably woulda been my pick, personally. Also respect for the Tretiak pick

Quoting: faulkmydzingel
Of all players to put here... I mean Bossy... Yzerman, Sakic, Lindros, Bobby Hull... really anyone... even Barzal from current team? Lol but Lee???

Or like, even if you want physicality and stuff in there, name one thing Lee does better than Peter Forsberg did, except staying healthy obviously
3 mai 2021 à 18 h 1
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 427
Quoting: MelonVK
Or like, even if you want physicality and stuff in there, name one thing Lee does better than Peter Forsberg did, except staying healthy obviously

Good name... Shanahan, Neely, Messier, Iginla all came to mind too for physical forwards as well.
MelonVK a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2021 à 18 h 8
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,603
I can't argue with your centers, or with Ovechkin, Jagr and Datsyuk, but the two best RWs I ever saw were Bossy and Teemu Selanne, and I got to enjoy first one then the other as members of my home team. (I came after the Richard/Howe/Bobby Hull era.) Neither Anders Lee nor Marian Hossa will ever sniff the HoF.

Larry Robinson, Scott Stevens, Chris Pronger and Scott Niedermeyer all had more impact than Erik Karlsson. And it's only personal animus that I'm overlooking Chris Chelios.
3 mai 2021 à 18 h 23
T.D.G line.
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 82
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I can't argue with your centers, or with Ovechkin, Jagr and Datsyuk, but the two best RWs I ever saw were Bossy and Teemu Selanne, and I got to enjoy first one then the other as members of my home team. (I came after the Richard/Howe/Bobby Hull era.) Neither Anders Lee nor Marian Hossa will ever sniff the HoF.

Larry Robinson, Scott Stevens, Chris Pronger and Scott Niedermeyer all had more impact than Erik Karlsson. And it's only personal animus that I'm overlooking Chris Chelios.

From age 26 to 28 Karlsson was the best player in the game! none of the players listed above were as good as him. I like all the player on that list ( not Chelios)
3 mai 2021 à 18 h 28
T.D.G line.
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 82
Anyone know who Tim Kerr was? 50 goal scorer who played for philly. he'd be my pick.
3 mai 2021 à 18 h 34
RangerWall92
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 989
There's a plethora of other all-time greats, but Anders Lee?? Nah chief
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2021 à 18 h 40
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,603
Quoting: TGDline
Anyone know who Tim Kerr was? 50 goal scorer who played for philly. he'd be my pick.

Describing Tim Kerr as a "50-goal scorer" is like saying Scarlett Johansen has pretty eyes. He once scored 34 power-play goals in a season. The guy was a monster.

Quoting: TGDline
From age 26 to 28 Karlsson was the best player in the game! none of the players listed above were as good as him. I like all the player on that list ( not Chelios)

The problem with Karlsson is that all of those players (both in my list and in the OP's) were better than Karlsson for two to four times that period.
3 mai 2021 à 18 h 41
Quoting: faulkmydzingel

i mean, even if you want to stay current! Pasta, Malkin, Matthews, Drai, Kucherov, Stamkos etc etc etc etc
Faulk_my_Dzingel a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2021 à 18 h 43
Describing Tim Kerr as a "50-goal scorer" is like saying Scarlett Johansen has pretty eyes. He once scored 34 power-play goals in a season. The guy was a monster.

The problem with Karlsson is that all of those players (both in my list and in the OP's) were better than Karlsson for two to four times that period.

Kerr is probably a top 5 most under rated player of all time
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2021 à 19 h 52
Vegan Commie Hipster
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,256
Would love to see Crosby at wing to see what he could do in that regard and also I dunno if there's a situation where Datsyuk should be moved from C. Ever. Lol
3 mai 2021 à 19 h 59
Vegan Commie Hipster

Eh.

Not really tho

More just a product of era ultimately

He's the 27 leading scorer of the 80s (pts / g)

Players he compares to in other eras:

Jamie Benn 10s
Jason Allison 00s
Keith Tkachuk 90s
Pierre Larouche 70s

Heck JAllison was underrated but historically relevant?
3 mai 2021 à 20 h 14
Vegan Commie Hipster

Top 5 underrated of all time a special group

Ziggy Palffy no question he had similar pts/60 numbers to the likes of Forsberg and Sakic in the early 00s so that's a lock for the group seemingly

Many of the goalies with some the best relative GSAA numbers *ever* are good candidates: Tomas Vokoun, Dan Bouchard, Guy Hebert, Vanbiesbrouck, etc.

I'd say the Corsi monsters who also scored very well are more underrated than Kerr ultimately like Niederreiter, Tatar, Mathieu Perreault, etc.

Peter Stastny & Kent Nilsson seem likely members

Noone knows who Reed Larson is but he's the 15th highest scoring D by pts/g ever though naturally the era factor is huge there too so a mixed bag there

This might sound odd but I think the more we learn about Datsyuk the more I think we'll consider him like top 5 ever and not just a solid lock Hall of Famer

One of Gretzky and Mario had bad Corsi I bet 😉
3 mai 2021 à 20 h 39
Quoting: Radu47
Top 5 underrated of all time a special group

Ziggy Palffy no question he had similar pts/60 numbers to the likes of Forsberg and Sakic in the early 00s so that's a lock for the group seemingly

Many of the goalies with some the best relative GSAA numbers *ever* are good candidates: Tomas Vokoun, Dan Bouchard, Guy Hebert, Vanbiesbrouck, etc.

I'd say the Corsi monsters who also scored very well are more underrated than Kerr ultimately like Niederreiter, Tatar, Mathieu Perreault, etc.

Peter Stastny & Kent Nilsson seem likely members

Noone knows who Reed Larson is but he's the 15th highest scoring D by pts/g ever though naturally the era factor is huge there too so a mixed bag there

This might sound odd but I think the more we learn about Datsyuk the more I think we'll consider him like top 5 ever and not just a solid lock Hall of Famer

One of Gretzky and Mario had bad Corsi I bet 😉

all of those guys get WAY more props than Kerr ever does, and even if they are better than him then that doesnt mean that Kerr isnt more under rated. only 11 more players have more 50 goal seasons than him and the average hockey fan probably doesnt remember he exists half the time.
3 mai 2021 à 22 h 0
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 217
I suggest playing Gretzky and Kurri on the same line - that worked out pretty well when it was tried before.
4 mai 2021 à 0 h 15
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 466

Hossa will absolutely sniff the HoF
4 mai 2021 à 9 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 16

I'm an Islanders fan and he is an underrated player, he is one of the few true net players left in the NHL and being on the list doesn't mean you are great, it just means your playing style fits with someone else
4 mai 2021 à 10 h 0
Démarrer sujet

I know but it was created by playing style, skill is a plus but Lee is one of my favorite players, Lee isn't even top 300 all time I understand, was just trying to keep it intresting.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
4 mai 2021 à 10 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Oilfan1717
I suggest playing Gretzky and Kurri on the same line - that worked out pretty well when it was tried before.

Not allowed since they played together
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
4 mai 2021 à 11 h 1
Quoting: Evakmky123
I'm an Islanders fan and he is an underrated player, he is one of the few true net players left in the NHL and being on the list doesn't mean you are great, it just means your playing style fits with someone else

i mean, he's pretty good, but he's not the rare talent you're making him out to be. And stylistic fits are generally over rated, and even if you wanted that hyper specific style a guy like Lindros or LeClaire can do it better than Lee ever could
4 mai 2021 à 11 h 17
Démarrer sujet
The whole purpose was who would play best together style not skill-wise

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage