Forums/Armchair-GM

Should the Jets made these trades

Créé par: MisstheWhalers
Équipe: 2020-21 Jets de Winnipeg
Date de création initiale: 19 avr. 2021
Publié: 1 mai 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Would've adding Savard and Nemeth helped to stop the bleeding?

Really though I think the Jets issues go beyond its terrible D core but no doubt it's a big problem.

Anyways, thoughts? Should the Jets have made these trades?

As always, thanks for commenting but let's keep them constructive!
Transactions
TBL
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (WPG)
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2021 (WPG)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (WPG)
Détails additionnels:
Jets don't have a 4th which was in the Savard trade, sending a 5th instead.
WPG
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2021 (WPG)
VAN
  1. Benn, Jordie
Détails additionnels:
No need for Benn
COL
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (WPG)
Détails additionnels:
Was a 2022 4th for Nemeth but the Jets don't have there's so sent a 2023 4th, could've sent something else, sure it could've been worked out if Chevy made the call.
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de CBJ
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $77 987 024 $0 $425 000 $3 512 976 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
AG
UFA - 6
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 5
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
900 000 $900 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
725 000 $725 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
AG, AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 280 000 $2 280 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 916 667 $2 916 667 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
1 062 500 $1 062 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 166 667 $6 166 667 $
G
UFA - 4
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
775 000 $775 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
DG
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
725 000 $725 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 291 667 $5 291 667 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Équipe de réserve
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
741 667 $741 667 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
725 000 $725 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $ (1 925 000 $$2M1 925 000 $$2M)
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
1 mai 2021 à 11 h 55
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Idk which moved GMKC should make but he NEEDS to upgrade this blueline. It might take 2-3 years before the Sambergs and Heinolas of this world are capable of playing huge minutes every night.
WIN isn't going anywhere if they don't upgrade their blueline, unless Hellebuyck turns into a freaking brick wall
MisstheWhalers et arafay a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2021 à 12 h 6
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,794
I don’t think they should have moved on Savard at the deadline so it was the smart money to stay out of it but they should have addressed the need for a top 4 D in the off-season. Hindsight is 20/20 but everyone knew it was an issue though.
1 mai 2021 à 12 h 12
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Jets should have been way more aggressive at the deadline

Kulikov, Savard, Nemeth, Vatanen, etc would have all helped
MisstheWhalers et jnowariak a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2021 à 12 h 19
Démarrer sujet
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,303
Quoting: jnowariak
I don’t think they should have moved on Savard at the deadline so it was the smart money to stay out of it but they should have addressed the need for a top 4 D in the off-season. Hindsight is 20/20 but everyone knew it was an issue though.

Why not move on Savard? He's an upgrade on the majority of the Jets dmen.

Also I'm not totally sure but I think the Jets had the cap space for Savard so wouldn't of had to trade the 4th to whoever was the middle man team for retention like TB had to.
jnowariak a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2021 à 12 h 41
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,794
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Why not move on Savard? He's an upgrade on the majority of the Jets dmen.

Also I'm not totally sure but I think the Jets had the cap space for Savard so wouldn't of had to trade the 4th to whoever was the middle man team for retention like TB had to.

My understanding is that term is a big consideration for the Jets, and I think that’s important when spending a 1st. And no offense to the Jets, Savard didn’t guarantee a run to the cup like it does for Tampa.
MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2021 à 12 h 53
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,441
Savard was a crazy overpayment for the season he's having. The Jets should have aimed for better defensive help than Benn, but not sure if Savard would have improved the blueline that much. Ryan Murray, Calvin de Haan or Alex Edler if he waived would have been pretty cool.
arafay et MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2021 à 14 h 26
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,384
I think that savard was always a stretch since Tampa would have probably outbid us no matter what we put forward. That’s just the difference between the pair we are in and the spot Tampa is in.

As for upgrading the d, I think that most of the recent woes are because the jets’ d can’t move the puck well outside of poolman, Morrissey, and pionk. Yes they need a bit more heart but I’m wondering how much of the woes are because of a lack of heart and how much of it is because the jets’ offence is too busy making up for the lacklustre d-core rather than scoring. Wheeler showed what he can do a couple of nights ago, but he’s 34 and we can’t expect him to do that every night. We can’t expect schiefele to carry our offence every bighth when he’s paired with 2 defensive forwards in Copp and Appleton. Personally, once Lowry comes back, I would try:
Connor-scheifele-Dubios
Copp-stastny-wheeler
Vesalainen-Lowry-Appleton
Perreault-thompson-Lewis.

However, for that to work, the top line actually has to get out of the zone and I’m not sure that’s possible with connor’s current play.

The fact of the matter is that the jets need d-men who can move the puck and are willing to pinch every now and then. Yes you will get burned every now and then but it will work way more times than it won’t. Right now, the jets get 1-2 quick shots in the offensive zone and then the opposing d is content with merely flipping the puck out to centre ice cause the know the jets d isn’t going to stop it. Most of the problems root back to the d imo. I know the offence has work to do, but also know that the jets don’t get burned the same way they did earlier in the season in their own zone anymore. They are much better because of the forwards, but that is seriously taking away from their ability to score.

That’s just my bit. Unless demelo, benn, and forbort suddenly start pinching bad pushing play just a bit, they team isn’t going anywhere. Therefore, in all likelihood, it will be a first round exit. Yes they can probably push edmonton to 7 games or even win the series depending on hellebuyck, but I’m not sure I would want to tbh. I still don’t think this is a coaching problem (at least mostly), it’s a gm problem. Just wish chevy would have made at least one move at the tdl other than adding benn. I don’t disagree that Pomo has lost the room a bit cause the jets seem listless but they’ve done this before, it’s not new.
Windjammer a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2021 à 14 h 43
Jet69
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,142
I think regardless of who they could have brought in would not have made much of a difference, the room seems broken and seems the team has given up on PoMo.
Savard wasn’t saving this team, neither is Nemeth. Benn was a waste of a 6th.
Windjammer a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2021 à 18 h 33
Cold spaghetti
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,134
The Jets should first get a coach who understands how to distribute talent. Makar would probably still be in the AHL if he was a Jet
1 mai 2021 à 21 h 1
Démarrer sujet
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: jnowariak
My understanding is that term is a big consideration for the Jets, and I think that’s important when spending a 1st. And no offense to the Jets, Savard didn’t guarantee a run to the cup like it does for Tampa.

Yeah you're right and I'm one that pounds that drum about term/1sts when it comes to the Jets but would've been okay with trading it this year considering the circumstances with the draft and where the Jets are at with so many key guys in their primes and having the Vezina winning goalie, having said that I'm starting to think a lot of the Jets forwards just aren't as good as they're thought to be so ultimately maybe best that they didn't make the Savard trade though maybe if they'd had improved the D a bit they wouldn't be in this tailspin they're in.

Guess I'm at a stage as a Jets fan where it's like just do something already, enough of this staggering along, they have enough guys locked up long term and prospects in the system they could've afforded to part with some draft capital.

Thanks for the reply!.. 👍
jnowariak a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2021 à 21 h 3
Démarrer sujet
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: SevenLeg
Savard was a crazy overpayment for the season he's having. The Jets should have aimed for better defensive help than Benn, but not sure if Savard would have improved the blueline that much. Ryan Murray, Calvin de Haan or Alex Edler if he waived would have been pretty cool.

I was really hoping for Ryan Murray, thought he could've helped this group and wouldn't of costed anything major to acquire, wonder if NJ shopped him.

Very much agree at the very least the Jets should've gotten some better D help then Benn.
1 mai 2021 à 21 h 6
Démarrer sujet
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: arafay
I think that savard was always a stretch since Tampa would have probably outbid us no matter what we put forward. That’s just the difference between the pair we are in and the spot Tampa is in.

As for upgrading the d, I think that most of the recent woes are because the jets’ d can’t move the puck well outside of poolman, Morrissey, and pionk. Yes they need a bit more heart but I’m wondering how much of the woes are because of a lack of heart and how much of it is because the jets’ offence is too busy making up for the lacklustre d-core rather than scoring. Wheeler showed what he can do a couple of nights ago, but he’s 34 and we can’t expect him to do that every night. We can’t expect schiefele to carry our offence every bighth when he’s paired with 2 defensive forwards in Copp and Appleton. Personally, once Lowry comes back, I would try:
Connor-scheifele-Dubios
Copp-stastny-wheeler
Vesalainen-Lowry-Appleton
Perreault-thompson-Lewis.

However, for that to work, the top line actually has to get out of the zone and I’m not sure that’s possible with connor’s current play.

The fact of the matter is that the jets need d-men who can move the puck and are willing to pinch every now and then. Yes you will get burned every now and then but it will work way more times than it won’t. Right now, the jets get 1-2 quick shots in the offensive zone and then the opposing d is content with merely flipping the puck out to centre ice cause the know the jets d isn’t going to stop it. Most of the problems root back to the d imo. I know the offence has work to do, but also know that the jets don’t get burned the same way they did earlier in the season in their own zone anymore. They are much better because of the forwards, but that is seriously taking away from their ability to score.

That’s just my bit. Unless demelo, benn, and forbort suddenly start pinching bad pushing play just a bit, they team isn’t going anywhere. Therefore, in all likelihood, it will be a first round exit. Yes they can probably push edmonton to 7 games or even win the series depending on hellebuyck, but I’m not sure I would want to tbh. I still don’t think this is a coaching problem (at least mostly), it’s a gm problem. Just wish chevy would have made at least one move at the tdl other than adding benn. I don’t disagree that Pomo has lost the room a bit cause the jets seem listless but they’ve done this before, it’s not new.

Idk arafay, I know the D aren't the best but if these forwards are so strong/deep offensively at some point they should be able to gain the zone and score themselves but they don't do that as often as they should in my opinion, honestly starting to think they're just not as good as we think they are.
arafay a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2021 à 21 h 13
Démarrer sujet
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: jgimp69
I think regardless of who they could have brought in would not have made much of a difference, the room seems broken and seems the team has given up on PoMo.

Quoting: jgimp69

Yeah somethings wrong, guess it wasn't all Laine’s fault like so many thought.. Lol

Don't think Savard or Nemeth would've saved this team but they would've helped, winning cures a lot, maybe with a couple better dmen they don't fall into
an awful losing streak, ultimately maybe this losing streak is for the best though as it might force some much needed change.

Agreed on Benn, just a waste of a 6th and nothing else.
1 mai 2021 à 21 h 19
Démarrer sujet
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: bunzy1034
The Jets should first get a coach who understands how to distribute talent. Makar would probably still be in the AHL if he was a Jet

I'm not the biggest fan of Ethan Bear or Caleb Jones but watching them on the Oilers in those recent games I was saying to myself: "if these two were drafted by the Jets they're probably still stuck on the Moose or watching some struggling 33 year old retread dman from the press box"
1 mai 2021 à 22 h 38
Idk arafay, I know the D aren't the best but if these forwards are so strong/deep offensively at some point they should be able to gain the zone and score themselves but they don't do that as often as they should in my opinion, honestly starting to think they're just not as good as we think they are.

I disagree that they aren’t as good as we think. However, they’ve got some serious issues to fix and yes, they aren’t exactly doing their part either. But when they are going, they can’t do much cause they have to make up for the lacklustre d (exhibit A), game against edm a couple of days ago). That’s all I’m saying. Not taking blame off those forwards (especially the top 6)
1 mai 2021 à 22 h 56
Démarrer sujet
MisstheWhalers
I disagree that they aren’t as good as we think. However, they’ve got some serious issues to fix and yes, they aren’t exactly doing their part either. But when they are going, they can’t do much cause they have to make up for the lacklustre d (exhibit A), game against edm a couple of days ago). That’s all I’m saying. Not taking blame off those forwards (especially the top 6)

Guess we'll see, just starting to think that there's a lot more 3rd line talent then true top 6 talent among the Jets forwards.
1 mai 2021 à 22 h 56
Démarrer sujet
MisstheWhalers

Guess we'll see, just starting to think that there's a lot more 3rd line talent then true top 6 talent among the Jets forwards.
2 mai 2021 à 1 h 31

Who do you mean? Connor, schiefele, ehelrs are all top 6 no doubt. Dubios is top 6 even if he is getting a rough start. Stastny and wheeler have been too 6 for their whole careers, and still are, though not by much. They all are, it’s just they need to show up.

Also, Copp is playing there because of injury. I think he’s the guy you are comfortable playing anywhere, but a truly deep team would put him on the 3rd line, barring injury.
2 mai 2021 à 8 h 58
Démarrer sujet
MisstheWhalers
Who do you mean? Connor, schiefele, ehelrs are all top 6 no doubt. Dubios is top 6 even if he is getting a rough start. Stastny and wheeler have been too 6 for their whole careers, and still are, though not by much. They all are, it’s just they need to show up.

Also, Copp is playing there because of injury. I think he’s the guy you are comfortable playing anywhere, but a truly deep team would put him on the 3rd line, barring injury.

Yeah Scheifele, Connor and Ehlers are for sure top 6 but that's it, Dubois just hasn't done enough yet for me to see anything more then a 3rd liner so far, Wheeler and Stastny are 3rd liners at this point of their careers and Copp is a 3rd liner having an outlier season in a wierd year.
arafay a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage