PossiblebControversial opinion

Do you agree?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

28 avr. 2021 à 19 h 59
GO FLAMES GO
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,584
All sports players are over payed. Surgeons in my country, most of them don't make a million dollars, only the best of the best. While the average NBA wage is 8.32 million MLB wage is 4.03 million. Players who play sports shouldn’t get paid more than people who saved lives.
What do you think? Sound of in the comments
28 avr. 2021 à 20 h 29
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,185
This is brought up every so often but it has a lot to do with the economics of sports compared to the economics of other jobs and industries.

The average wage is high, but the number of people in the NBA or MLB is much lower than the number of physicians. Additionally, athletes salaries are often bankrolled privately by organizations which can garner a lot more revenue based on their performance and image. There are many ways an athlete can make, and make whoever they're working for, a lot of money. Ticket sales, merchandise, appearances, etc. can all garner income. Physicians only get money through providing their service, so while they're much more necessary for society to function, the economics of their industry compared to entertainment don't provide much reward.
28 avr. 2021 à 20 h 37
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,330
A player that’s does sports shouldn’t be payed 10x+ more than normal people but as much as we hate it there are reason for it and salaries will only go up with time, and if you find the NHL high in salaries then don’t check NFL, Soccer, NBA or MLB contracts
28 avr. 2021 à 20 h 58
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,259
All sports athletes are underpaid. Team owners line their pockets up with billions while the players end up making crumbs and usually face some sort of long term injury. (CTE or Knee/Hip problems).
Rangsey et Bflo_Soldier a aimé ceci.
28 avr. 2021 à 21 h 19
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,705
Am I the only one that doesn't understand the question here?

Title: PossiblebControversial opinion
Question: Do you agree?

Option 1: Never thought overpayed?
Option 2: Always thought overpayed?

/????
28 avr. 2021 à 21 h 55
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Tbh it's only about how much money comes in. Like in Soccer they get payed WAYYYYYY more than the WNBA because they get more fans. It's kind of like a stock value, the more money it gets the more it costs to buy. Except in this scenario it's if you bring money you get money.
29 avr. 2021 à 3 h 32
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
Sports are an entertainment industry. The same as movies, tv, youtubers, streamers, authors, musicians, etc. The athletes are paid for being entertainers, so I have no problems with them getting paid like they do.
29 avr. 2021 à 8 h 12
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 48
It's more a combination of greed from ownership and the league itself and the trickle down effect of fans being overcharged. It shouldn't cost $500.00 for a family of 4 to go to a game but tickets/tax/concessions/parking become ridiculously expensive. I used to love going to games but now i don't care if i ever attend another game in person.
29 avr. 2021 à 12 h 27
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
sports players make too much money relative to usefulness. HOWEVER Sports industries make money hand over fist and the players provide the entertainment. If there was no market for the product, the prices wouldnt be there... imo this applies with any industry and relies heavily on supply and demand. WNBA players dont get paid because there is a very small market, highest paid earner in wbna makes 215k highest paid nba player makes over 40m annually. its all about marketability and supply and demand for a good or service.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2021 à 16 h 34
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,168
Quoting: Gmonwy
All sports players are over payed. Surgeons in my country, most of them don't make a million dollars, only the best of the best. While the average NBA wage is 8.32 million MLB wage is 4.03 million. Players who play sports shouldn’t get paid more than people who saved lives.
What do you think? Sound of in the comments

Yup, I agree. I have no sympathy for any player who wants more money, or hold out due to money, etc. They already get more than they should. And hockey is one of the lower paying sports!
30 avr. 2021 à 16 h 36
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,168
Quoting: mondo
This is brought up every so often but it has a lot to do with the economics of sports compared to the economics of other jobs and industries.

The average wage is high, but the number of people in the NBA or MLB is much lower than the number of physicians. Additionally, athletes salaries are often bankrolled privately by organizations which can garner a lot more revenue based on their performance and image. There are many ways an athlete can make, and make whoever they're working for, a lot of money. Ticket sales, merchandise, appearances, etc. can all garner income. Physicians only get money through providing their service, so while they're much more necessary for society to function, the economics of their industry compared to entertainment don't provide much reward.

You know, I've never thought about it that way to be honest. There are a lot more surgeons than nhl, nba or mlb players. When you put it that way it makes sense.
2 mai 2021 à 23 h 17
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,433
I think athletes are overpaid in comparison to other jobs like doctors, lawyers, etc but it does make sense with the revenue they bring in.
3 mai 2021 à 10 h 7
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Sure, if we worked in a perfect society there’d be more pay equality, but we live in a free market that’s driven by supply and demand. Since people demand being able to watch hockey games, the league is able to make a lot of money.

Surgeons and doctors are different, because their income isn’t based on supply and demand, because they have fixed salaries from the government. If people directly paid surgeons for their services based on the demand then they’d definitely make more money, but that would also be extremely unethical and people without money would die.

The only realistic way to somewhat remedy the problem would be to raise taxes on the extremely wealthy (like sports franchise owners) and use the tax dollars going to the government to help society in various ways, including paying doctors, running schools, etc.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage