Who is the MVP?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

1 mai 2021 à 3 h 8
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: Chopper02
McDavid is going to win. No doubt in my mind. Marchand I would say is more elite, even more deserving than Matthews. I get Matthews is having a great scoring season and he's certainly up there, but Marchand is a complete player, similar to Mark Stone or Barkov (who has gotten a lot of love on here). I dont think he's top 5, don't think Patrick Kane is either but he's up in the top 10. Marchand (like Stone and Barkov) deserves more recognition for everything he does. He also doesn't have anyone in the top 15 in scoring like the other guys do.

All good points. All these guys are very deserving of recognition for the Hart. But yes, we can know with certainty McDavid will win it.
Chopper02 et Rangsey a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2021 à 10 h 44
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,847
McDavid is going to win it. Barkov should be a finalist. I'd have Marchand in on "Taylor Hall" rule. Without him the Bruins don't make the playoffs. Matthews, Vasy both have had great seasons but their teams still make the post season without them. Kane had an unbelievable year too running his daycare but if they don't make the playoffs he's out.
Saskleaf, Chopper02 et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2021 à 23 h 20
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
38G.......And counting. Where is the love for the NHL's elite sniper!?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2021 à 0 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,982
Quoting: Brian2016
38G.......And counting. Where is the love for the NHL's elite sniper!?

Plenty of love. But as @Saskleaf put it so succinctly, Leafs still make the playoffs without Matthews. Edmonton, Colorado, and Boston don't make the playoffs without McDavid, Draisaitl, Marchand or MacKinnon.
2 mai 2021 à 0 h 52
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
It’ll be McDavid, Matthews, and Barkov as the finalists in all likelihood. Teams like Vegas, Colorado, and Tampa Bay it’s hard to choose anyone specific from, and Draisaitl won’t get as much consideration because of McDavid. Marchand probably finishes 4th. Kane and Panarin/Fox won’t get many votes since they won’t make the playoffs.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2021 à 1 h 34
Plenty of love. But as @Saskleaf put it so succinctly, Leafs still make the playoffs without Matthews. Edmonton, Colorado, and Boston don't make the playoffs without McDavid, Draisaitl, Marchand or MacKinnon.

Oilers would still be a top tier team in the 80's w/o Gretzky. Same with PIT when they had Mario. Both won the Hart more times than I can count. You can't penalize a player for playing on a great team. McDavid is #1, obviously. But Matthews is having a special season and I don't see how you can penalize him for playing on a top tier team. That's never been a major factor before, with the possible exception of Taylor Hall in 2018. And that was an extraordinary situation b/c he single handedly carried the Devils into the playoffs. Marchand has Pasta and Bergeron. It's not close between Matthews and Marchand. Not when Matthews is scoring goals at a pace not seen in many years. Such greatness cannot be overlooked.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2021 à 16 h 29
Go leafs go
Plenty of love. But as Saskleaf put it so succinctly, Leafs still make the playoffs without Matthews. Edmonton, Colorado, and Boston don't make the playoffs without McDavid, Draisaitl, Marchand or MacKinnon.

But why is that Matthews' fault though? Why does his team have anything to do with whether he's a Hart candidate or not?
Besides, Colorado makes the playoffs without Mackinnon.
A_Habs_fan et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2021 à 16 h 36
Modifié 2 mai 2021 à 16 h 42
Quoting: Saskleaf
But why is that Matthews' fault though? Why does his team have anything to do with whether he's a Hart candidate or not?

I depends on how you define "Most Valuable to His Team"
Me I think Kane should win it, he wont. Regardless of points, positions or anything else the Kane has taken an incredibly young group of forwards and dragged them into the playoff conversation for most of the season. The Blackhawks were supposed to be basement dwellers but they weren't, mostly because of Kane. Without Kane they're the Sabres.

It's probably going to be McDavid, Barkov and Matthews. With McDavid running away with it.
2 mai 2021 à 16 h 42
Go leafs go
Quoting: Rangsey
I depends on how you define "Most Valuable to His Team"
Me I think Kane should win it, he wont. Regardless of points, positions or anything else the Kane has taken an incredibly young group of forward and dragged them into the playoff conversation for most of the season. The Blackhawks were supposed to be basement dwellers but they weren't, mostly because of Kane. Without Kane they're the Sabres.

It's probably going to be McDavid, Barkov and Matthews. With McDavid running away with it.

Isn't the Hart the league MVP though?

Team shouldn't really play a role.
A_Habs_fan et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2021 à 16 h 48
Isn't the Hart the league MVP though?

Team shouldn't really play a role.

"Awarded to the player judged most valuable to his team" which is why folks use the "wouldn't make the playoffs without him" line
Saskleaf et Chopper02 a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2021 à 17 h 20
Go leafs go
"Awarded to the player judged most valuable to his team" which is why folks use the "wouldn't make the playoffs without him" line

Ok, I kind of understand. I just don't think players on good teams should be penalized for playing on a good team.
2 mai 2021 à 17 h 29
Ok, I kind of understand. I just don't think players on good teams should be penalized for playing on a good team.

I absolutely agree. Players on terrible teams that don't make the playoffs shouldn't be penalized either.

If the Ted Lindsay had the same amount of prestige "Awarded to the NHL's outstanding player" judged by members of the NHLPA youd probably cover both better.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2021 à 21 h 45

There seems to be way too much emphasis on squeaking into the playoffs? If 2 players have identical stats, most people will vote for the player that helped the bad team become average over the player that made the average team good or good team great.
2 mai 2021 à 23 h 31
Démarrer sujet

MacKinnon drives that team. Without him they're nothing.
2 mai 2021 à 23 h 36
Go leafs go
MacKinnon drives that team. Without him they're nothing.

Oh sure, but they are one of, if not the, best teams in the nhl, I think they would make the playoffs without him. They still have Rantanen, Makar, Grubauer, Landy, Kadri, Girard, Toews, etc.
11 mai 2021 à 9 h 28
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578
No way McDavid doesn't win this year. He's been lights out in real life and on my fantasy team.
11 mai 2021 à 10 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Dzinger18
No way McDavid doesn't win this year. He's been lights out in real life and on my fantasy team.

Don't think anyone disagrees with McDavid being the winner. It's about the other candidates
11 mai 2021 à 10 h 43
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578
Don't think anyone disagrees with McDavid being the winner. It's about the other candidates

My top 5 would be:

1. McDavid
2. Barkov
3. Kane
4. Crosby
5. Matthews (He has Marner but still)

Another good one would be Kaprizov. Minnesota was so boring until he came along.
11 mai 2021 à 16 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Dzinger18
My top 5 would be:

1. McDavid
2. Barkov
3. Kane
4. Crosby
5. Matthews (He has Marner but still)

Another good one would be Kaprizov. Minnesota was so boring until he came along.

Crosby needs to be there for sure. Marchand deserves so much more credit. Kaprizov is certainly a good candidate. He completely changed the game for them.
Zinger a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage