SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Jusse Saros, underrated.

27 avr. 2021 à 13 h 35
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,089
Does anyone think that Saros could be nominated/win the Vezina or Hart trophy if NSH makes the playoffs?

He is willing this team to the playoffs right now, and without him NSH would be looking at a top 5 lottery pick instead of a potential playoff spot. NSH's roster overall is not that impressive when their leading goal scorer only has 13 goals, and Josi has the most points on the team with 30. They have also dressed the most rookies of any team this year and have lost the most man-games I believe as well -- so Saros is doing this with a very green and underperforming group in front of him.

He currently has the best SV% out of all goalies with >30 games -- .929%. And he brought his SV% up from something like .885% to what it is now since coming back from injury -- the guy is just on fire.
He is currently 2nd in GSAA, just behind Vas.
He is tied with Vas with one of the lowest GA%.
The biggest knock I can see is that he only has 2 shutouts compared to the other big guys that have 4/5.

So he is right there with Vas for a lot of the goalie stats but doesn't seem to be even in the consideration for the Vezina this year -- Vas, Varlamov, Fleury, and even Hellebuyck seem to be getting more appreciation than him. They're all having good seasons (though Hellebuyck shouldn't be nominated this year), but I think Saros is extremely underrated here. He's also playing behind a much poorer team than TBL, NYI, or VGK.

So if NSH manages to make the playoffs this year, do you think Saros will get nominated for either the Vezina or Hart trophy? Would he have a chance at winning either?
27 avr. 2021 à 13 h 51
Pain.
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 29
Vezina, is a definite no. Vasilevskiy, Fleury, others have been doing really well. There is a case for Saros though, and I think that he should have a good shot. Hart is a forward's game with McDavid having an unprecedented season(unprecedented in points and word)
Saros is carrying the Preds, and may be the successor to Rinne, and a stopgap for Askarov
villenash a aimé ceci.
27 avr. 2021 à 13 h 53
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
I think he'll get 3rd or 4th place in Vezina. He won't get close to the Hart.

Vasilevskiy is likely going to win this season and I think Fleury will get a significant amount of votes.

Grubauer, Varlamov and Saros will be in the running for 3rd through 5th.
villenash et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
27 avr. 2021 à 13 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,089
Quoting: RagingSharksFan
Vezina, is a definite no. Vasilevskiy, Fleury, others have been doing really well. There is a case for Saros though, and I think that he should have a good shot. Hart is a forward's game with McDavid having an unprecedented season(unprecedented in points and word)
Saros is carrying the Preds, and may be the successor to Rinne, and a stopgap for Askarov

Quoting: mondo
I think he'll get 3rd or 4th place in Vezina. He won't get close to the Hart.

Vasilevskiy is likely going to win this season and I think Fleury will get a significant amount of votes.

Grubauer, Varlamov and Saros will be in the running for 3rd through 5th.

I think Hart likely goes to McDavid -- but I can't really think of a guy more important to his team right now than Saros is to NSH.

For Vezina, I think Vas, Fleury, and Saros will be the 3 nominated. I ultimately think Vas wins it, but If Saros keeps it up, I could see an upset.
RagingSharksFan a aimé ceci.
28 avr. 2021 à 8 h 31
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
If he gets the Preds to the playoffs, he should 100% get nominated. If it isn’t for him chances are that Dallas would be way ahead of you guys. He really put the team on his back recently. (from a Stars fan: please stop winning smile).

Vasy will win it no matter what. Second and third should be between him and Fleury.
villenash a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage