SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Expansion eligibility confusion

23 avr. 2021 à 16 h 27
Jimmy Stu
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 541
So I've doing Seattle expansion drafts for over a year or so and I know prospects in and out being a dynasty fantasy player. Which leads to me to be very confused by some players eligibility.

I noticed Timothy Liljegren is not eligible to be drafted. But according to the rules, all 1st and 2nd year pros are exempt. He should not be exempt being this is his 4th professional season with the Marlies. Cal Foote is not exempt and is playing his 3rd pro season from the same 2017 draft just for a comparison. Brannstrom is in the same boat as Liljegren but like Foote is in his 3rd pro season. To me all 3 should be eligible to be taken by Seattle given the rule. So I don't get it. I've never been this confused about an NHL rule haha.

My questions are: is this site error? Are there exemptions we don't know about or is the NHL pulling a fast one on Tampa lol
23 avr. 2021 à 16 h 35
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,338
Quoting: CMac66
So I've doing Seattle expansion drafts for over a year or so and I know prospects in and out being a dynasty fantasy player. Which leads to me to be very confused by some players eligibility.

I noticed Timothy Liljegren is not eligible to be drafted. But according to the rules, all 1st and 2nd year pros are exempt. He should not be exempt being this is his 4th professional season with the Marlies. Cal Foote is not exempt and is playing his 3rd pro season from the same 2017 draft just for a comparison. Brannstrom is in the same boat as Liljegren but like Foote is in his 3rd pro season. To me all 3 should be eligible to be taken by Seattle given the rule. So I don't get it. I've never been this confused about an NHL rule haha.

My questions are: is this site error? Are there exemptions we don't know about or is the NHL pulling a fast one on Tampa lol

I dont think it's a site error so i would think it's that the 1st and 2nd year pro has other clauses or we have a different definition of pro years
23 avr. 2021 à 17 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Jimmy Stu
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I dont think it's a site error so i would think it's that the 1st and 2nd year pro has other clauses or we have a different definition of pro years

Nor do I think it's site error. If it's games played? It would make some sense as both Liljegren and Brannstrom have played just over 40 games in each AHL season where as Foote as played over 70. Still doesn't make much sense to me. Especially when Liljegren has played more seasons and total games than Foote but Foote has to be protected, Liljegren doesn't, same with Brannstrom.
23 avr. 2021 à 17 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Jimmy Stu
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Actually I just noticed it might coincide with entry level slide. Somehow Foote's contract is up this year but Brannstrom and Liljegren are up next year. Despite playing more pro years. Very weird to me
18 mai 2021 à 9 h 43
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,314
I had a similar question and I think I got it answered. Check out this thread https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/450442

CF should update its language on the expansion draft FAQ page since it can be a little misleading.
A_Habs_fan et CMac66 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage