Forums/Armchair-GM

Dont Spend on Bottom 6

Créé par: AdnacOil
Équipe: 2021-22 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 21 avr. 2021
Publié: 21 avr. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
In his time in Edmonton, and certainly in his last few years in Detroit, Ken Holland has shown an inability to build a bottom 6. With this extra cap space, we should be worried, not excited about what he will do. I proposed here a team where the only UFA signing would be Driedger. Neal on LTIR, I don't know if he'll actually end up there, but there's clearly something up with him. Pending Neal on LTIR or not, this leaves us with either $8M or $3M in cap space.

This cap space could be used to acquire assets and pick up a bad 1 year contract (Subban, Kessel, Fleury, Eriksson, Brown, etc). Perhaps add Kassian in a trade for that. Short term cap relief for the other team, but have to take on Kassian's term.

We also have pending UFA Nurse who is due to be overpaid this offseason. We'd have the flexibility to make a big trade for a 1LW, re sign Kulikov, and Holloway to the AHL. This would be dependent on Klefbom being healthy though.

The general theme is to not overpay for bottom 6 options, and to instead flex our cap space. Judging off history, this bottom 6 of kids and unproven euro's will very likely be better than the bottom 6 KH actually builds next year.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
2925 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
2900 000 $
2900 000 $
1925 000 $
33 500 000 $
11 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
56 500 000 $
1800 000 $
11 100 000 $
23 500 000 $
43 500 000 $
Transactions
EDM
DAL
  1. Lagesson, William
Détails additionnels:
Seattle. Idk how you do it, but make sure to not lose Jones
EDM
BUF
  1. Stalock, Alex
Détails additionnels:
Probably lost to opening season waivers, if not traded
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de PIT
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $73 533 839 $669 339 $1 307 500 $7 966 161 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
AG, C
RFA - 3
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
UFA - 5
1 175 000 $1 175 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 8
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 4
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
834 167 $834 167 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
C
RFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
C
UFA
800 000 $800 000 $
AD
UFA
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 600 000 $5 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 3
4 167 000 $4 167 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
21 avr. 2021 à 15 h 4
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 162
ADNAC OIL ON CAPFRIENDLY
21 avr. 2021 à 15 h 11
MK458
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 928
Maybe a hot take, but I wouldn't be mad if Seattle takes Jones and leaves us Lagesson
21 avr. 2021 à 15 h 19
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 337
Ha! I can't believe an oilers fan thinks fleury has a bad contract. As a buffalo fan i'd pay every penny for that level of goaltending. And yes im am taking stalock the second you put him on waivers.
21 avr. 2021 à 15 h 39
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,008
Quoting: mk458
Maybe a hot take, but I wouldn't be mad if Seattle takes Jones and leaves us Lagesson

Hotter take. Seattle takes Cooper Marody....
21 avr. 2021 à 15 h 50
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,426
Quoting: DDossett
Ha! I can't believe an oilers fan thinks fleury has a bad contract. As a buffalo fan i'd pay every penny for that level of goaltending. And yes im am taking stalock the second you put him on waivers.

Marc Andre Fleury, playing on great teams, has a .912 SVP in his career. He makes 7 million per year.
Linus Ullmark, playing on some of the worst teams in NHL history, has a .912 svp. he has made 5.7 million for his entire career.
Tjm220 a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2021 à 15 h 51
curious as to why you think RNH takes that contract?
21 avr. 2021 à 15 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
curious as to why you think RNH takes that contract?

Good thing I left lots of cap space available to make adjustments to that contract to get it done
21 avr. 2021 à 15 h 55
Quoting: AdnacOil
Good thing I left lots of cap space available to make adjustments to that contract to get it done

sorry for asking a simple and straight forward question.
21 avr. 2021 à 16 h 9
Simpleton
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 502

Lagesson is exempt from the expansion draft because he doesn't have enough NHL games played. He needs to get into 10 more, which seems unlikely at this point.

A lot rides on how the NHL views Klefbom's situation. He hasn't played in over a year, and if the NHL decides that his career is in jeopardy because of his shoulder issues then he will not be available for the expansion draft and Edmonton will not be required to protect him. I don't recall the NHL ever making a decision in favor of the Oilers, so it seems likely Holland will have to decide whether or not to protect Klefbom. But if I am wrong, and the NHL decides Klefbom's prognosis is poor, then Holland will be in a pretty good position.

As things stand at the moment, if the NHL does Holland a favor then Seattle may have to choose from Neal, Turris, Kassian, and Kris Russell... of those, I am going to guess that Kassian would be Seattle's choice. The list changes is Holland comes to terms with either or both of RNH and Larsson before they hit the UFA market. Signing RNH will likely result in Archibald being exposed in the draft. Signing Larsson will result in Jones being exposed.

I think securing RHN under reasonable contract terms is well worth the possibility of losing Archibald, and I feel the same way about securing Larsson under reasonable contract terms at the expense of quite likely losing Jones. The catch is that the either, or both of RNH and Larsson might price themselves out of Edmonton.

Another possible move Holland might make is leaving Koskinen exposed and protecting Stalock. I think that is very unlikely to occur, unless Holland feels he has the inside track on signing a guy like Dreidger or Ullmark, and possibly bringing back Smith on another one-year value deal.

Its all speculation, but that's what makes it interesting.
MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2021 à 16 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8
Quoting: uphere
Lagesson is exempt from the expansion draft because he doesn't have enough NHL games played. He needs to get into 10 more, which seems unlikely at this point.

A lot rides on how the NHL views Klefbom's situation. He hasn't played in over a year, and if the NHL decides that his career is in jeopardy because of his shoulder issues then he will not be available for the expansion draft and Edmonton will not be required to protect him. I don't recall the NHL ever making a decision in favor of the Oilers, so it seems likely Holland will have to decide whether or not to protect Klefbom. But if I am wrong, and the NHL decides Klefbom's prognosis is poor, then Holland will be in a pretty good position.

As things stand at the moment, if the NHL does Holland a favor then Seattle may have to choose from Neal, Turris, Kassian, and Kris Russell... of those, I am going to guess that Kassian would be Seattle's choice. The list changes is Holland comes to terms with either or both of RNH and Larsson before they hit the UFA market. Signing RNH will likely result in Archibald being exposed in the draft. Signing Larsson will result in Jones being exposed.

I think securing RHN under reasonable contract terms is well worth the possibility of losing Archibald, and I feel the same way about securing Larsson under reasonable contract terms at the expense of quite likely losing Jones. The catch is that the either, or both of RNH and Larsson might price themselves out of Edmonton.

Another possible move Holland might make is leaving Koskinen exposed and protecting Stalock. I think that is very unlikely to occur, unless Holland feels he has the inside track on signing a guy like Dreidger or Ullmark, and possibly bringing back Smith on another one-year value deal.

Lagesson isn't exempt

I'm protecting Jones regardless of Larsson's contract situation

And I protect Skinner in the expansion draft
21 avr. 2021 à 22 h 58
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 337
Marc Andre Fleury, playing on great teams, has a .912 SVP in his career. He makes 7 million per year.
Linus Ullmark, playing on some of the worst teams in NHL history, has a .912 svp. he has made 5.7 million for his entire career.

Ullmark is injured. Again. And a pending UFA. So we don't really "have him" right now or next year. Fleury isn't the greatest but he has been great for a while. Consistently. He's kept his team in games. Definitely better than hutton. Better than mike smith...better then talbot's time in edmonton? Bet the nights are glad they had him all these years. Maybe if fleury is with oilers the last 4 years they'd be another one of his great teams going on cup runs. Bobs and price are getting 10mil. I'd be happy for the chance to over pay fleury.
21 avr. 2021 à 23 h 32
MK458
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 928
Quoting: uphere

Ughhhh, k. I was really just commenting on the fact that I like Lagesson more than Jones...
21 avr. 2021 à 23 h 45
Simpleton
Ughhhh, k. I was really just commenting on the fact that I like Lagesson more than Jones...

Fair, so no worries. Tippett obviously doesn't like Lagesson enough to get him into a position that exposes him to the expansion draft
mk458 a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 0 h 4
Simpleton
Quoting: AdnacOil
Lagesson isn't exempt

I'm protecting Jones regardless of Larsson's contract situation

And I protect Skinner in the expansion draft

Read the expansion draft rules. Lagesson is 10 games short of the minimum games played. After tonight, there are 11 games remaining in the regular season, and Kulikov is likely to get icetime before the playoffs. Barring season-ending injury to any of Nurse, Russell, and Jones tonight, Lagesson is not going to be an expansion draft consideration.

Samorukov and Broberg headline the reason why Holland doesn't have to panic and protect Jones. Lennstrome and Niemelainen are a bit of insurance. On the other hand, Kesselring and Kemp are just getting started as pros, and the Oilers don't have a young guy that can bring what Larsson brings right now.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage