Forums/Armchair-GM

Top 10 NHL forwards this year

Créé par: AustonMatthews3443
Équipe: 2020-21 Équipe personnalisée
Date de création initiale: 20 avr. 2021
Publié: 20 avr. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This was done using, points, points per game, WAR, G+-/60, xGA/60 as well as my eye test/personal opinion. Purely based on this year, previous years play was used break the tie between Matthews and Draisaitl. Let me know what you would change, but most of the ranking is based purely on numbers. HM's Marner, Rantanen, Scheifle, Pastrnak, Aho, Huberdeau, Ovi.
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1082 000 000 $97 451 083 $0 $0 $-15 451 083 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
UFA - 6
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
6 300 000 $6 300 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 5
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
Logo de Rangers de New York
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Panthers de la Floride
5 900 000 $5 900 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
20 avr. 2021 à 15 h 20
Go Jets Go
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,178
Was searching for Scheifele's name...thank you for including him as an HM sir.
20 avr. 2021 à 15 h 22
Mcdavidssocks
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 460
Perfect list!
AustonMatthews3443 et oilersguy a aimé ceci.
20 avr. 2021 à 15 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Daddy
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 581
Quoting: Rooney
Was searching for Scheifele's name...thank you for including him as an HM sir.

He was super close, before I started I was sure he would be in the top 10, but his WAR, and xGA hurt him. Idk I think after the top 4 it gets really hard.
Rooney a aimé ceci.
20 avr. 2021 à 15 h 23
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,077
Where did Point end up?
20 avr. 2021 à 15 h 25
Go Jets Go
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,178
Quoting: AustonMatthews3443
He was super close, before I started I was sure he would be in the top 10, but his WAR, and xGA hurt him. Idk I think after the top 4 it gets really hard.

100%! No arguments from me smile
AustonMatthews3443 a aimé ceci.
20 avr. 2021 à 15 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Daddy
Modifié 20 avr. 2021 à 15 h 39
Quoting: Canucks33
Where did Point end up?

Forgot all about him TBH I would definitely add him in the honourable mentions tho. Quick look at his stats think I would have him outside the top 10 IMO. After the top 4 tho everyone has their own opinions so I'd be more than ok if someone had Point in the top 10.
20 avr. 2021 à 16 h 13
Banni
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,585
I feel like pastrnak should be on there, but for the life of me i can’t figure out who could be taken off.
20 avr. 2021 à 16 h 30
NHL Insider
Rejoint: août 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 703
Only thing I'd mention is that Backstrom should be an HM.
20 avr. 2021 à 16 h 32
Mcdavidssocks
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 460
I'm happy there's not a bunch of leafs homers on here crying where Matthews is placed. Probably the best top 10 I've seen on here.
20 avr. 2021 à 16 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Daddy
Quoting: Sleeping0ut1992
Only thing I'd mention is that Backstrom should be an HM.

Yeah true very underrated player has flown under the radar his whole career and perfect example here as I completely dismissed him, definitely deserves an HM mention.
20 avr. 2021 à 16 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Daddy
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
I feel like pastrnak should be on there, but for the life of me i can’t figure out who could be taken off.

If it was not just this year 100% agree, just for me this year he's not quite there this year. Definitely not having a terrible year by any means, but an off year by his standards for sure. I'm confident he will bounce back next year and retake a position in the top 10, just his point production and analytics are not quite there this year. No training camp, and coming in off an injury definitely didn't help him at all though.
20 avr. 2021 à 17 h 56
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
Matthews is absolutely better than Draisaitl. Draisaitl has barely played without McDavid and almost 3 quarters of his points have come with McDavid on the ice. McDavid is the superstar there. Matthews is right there with MacKinnon and both are much better than Draisaitl.
20 avr. 2021 à 21 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Daddy
Modifié 20 avr. 2021 à 21 h 12
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
Matthews is absolutely better than Draisaitl. Draisaitl has barely played without McDavid and almost 3 quarters of his points have come with McDavid on the ice. McDavid is the superstar there. Matthews is right there with MacKinnon and both are much better than Draisaitl.

What stat shows how many points 5v5 points or points in general Draisaitl has had with McDavid on the ice and do you have a source for that information? Because I cannnot find it. Draisaitl has only played 36% of his 5v5 ice time and 49% of his total ice time with McDavid. That's not "barely playing without him" so I'm questioning the credibility of your information as 36% and 49% doesn't match up with what you are saying for the amount of time they play together so not sure I trust your information regarding his points with McDavid on the ice.

Matthews plays 87% of his ice time 5v5 icetime with Marner and around 90% of his total ice time, so that arguement is trash anyway. I know Marner is not the same player as McDavid but this shows Matthews plays with better quality linemates much more than Draisaitl.

Draisaitl proved last year he's more than capable of scoring without playing with McDavid. Matthews is definitely very close to Draisaitl and some people will say he's better and I won't argue it but saying it's not close is ridiculous.
20 avr. 2021 à 22 h 43
Banni
What stat shows how many points 5v5 points or points in general Draisaitl has had with McDavid on the ice and do you have a source for that information? Because I cannnot find it. Draisaitl has only played 36% of his 5v5 ice time and 49% of his total ice time with McDavid. That's not "barely playing without him" so I'm questioning the credibility of your information as 36% and 49% doesn't match up with what you are saying for the amount of time they play together so not sure I trust your information regarding his points with McDavid on the ice.

Matthews plays 87% of his ice time 5v5 icetime with Marner and around 90% of his total ice time, so that arguement is trash anyway. I know Marner is not the same player as McDavid but this shows Matthews plays with better quality linemates much more than Draisaitl.

Draisaitl proved last year he's more than capable of scoring without playing with McDavid. Matthews is definitely very close to Draisaitl and some people will say he's better and I won't argue it but saying it's not close is ridiculous.

Go back through their games, more often than not the Draisaitl gets a points McDavid is assisting on it or scoring the Goal.
21 avr. 2021 à 0 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Daddy
Go back through their games, more often than not the Draisaitl gets a points McDavid is assisting on it or scoring the Goal.

McDavid is involved in 58% of Draisaitls points, Draisaitl is involved in 50% of McDavids. McDavid is evidently the better player, but by no means carries Draisaitl. When two players carry the majority of a teams offence like McDavid and Draisaitl do one of the players is evidently going to be involved more often than not when the one of them gets a point, and vice versa. Your arguement makes no sense. If McDavid carried some average player to a 40 point season where he's involved in something like 80% of the average players points then your argument would make sense. Draisaitl isn't an average player though, he's the reigning league MVP in a season where he was on pace to get more points than McDavid, whether McDavid got injured or not.

It's more than reasonable to say Matthews is better than Draisaitl as when you weigh the statistics and analytics they are very close, you can make the argument either way, but saying Matthews is far better than Draisaitl makes 0 sense and there is no argument to be made to support this.
21 avr. 2021 à 11 h 21
Banni
McDavid is involved in 58% of Draisaitls points, Draisaitl is involved in 50% of McDavids. McDavid is evidently the better player, but by no means carries Draisaitl. When two players carry the majority of a teams offence like McDavid and Draisaitl do one of the players is evidently going to be involved more often than not when the one of them gets a point, and vice versa. Your arguement makes no sense. If McDavid carried some average player to a 40 point season where he's involved in something like 80% of the average players points then your argument would make sense. Draisaitl isn't an average player though, he's the reigning league MVP in a season where he was on pace to get more points than McDavid, whether McDavid got injured or not.

It's more than reasonable to say Matthews is better than Draisaitl as when you weigh the statistics and analytics they are very close, you can make the argument either way, but saying Matthews is far better than Draisaitl makes 0 sense and there is no argument to be made to support this.

58 % of his points and also is on the ice for all of his PP points making it even more slanted. More than half of his 5v5 points come with McDavid on the ice and all of his PP points. I am not saying McDavid carries Draisaitl but he boosts his point levels in a huge way. It's like Hyman in TO. Yes Hyman is a good player on his own but he's a 30 point 3rd liner who makes a great impact and when he is on the top line he could be a 30 goal scorer cleaning up with Marner and Matthews. This in no way is me trying to say Draisaitl is equal to Hyman, he is much better but what he is, isn't a top 5 player. He's a guy who is likely a top 10 centre and gets a pile of points playing with the best player on the planet. Switch out Draisaitl with Matthews and he would score 70 goals with McDavid. Imagine that, Matthews size, strength and speed and his shot with McDavid's skill and vision? It would be unstoppable. Even more so than it already is. Draisaitl is not at all a top 5 player in the NHL. Not even a top 5 centre.
21 avr. 2021 à 11 h 21
Banni

58 % of his points and also is on the ice for all of his PP points making it even more slanted. More than half of his 5v5 points come with McDavid on the ice and all of his PP points. I am not saying McDavid carries Draisaitl but he boosts his point levels in a huge way. It's like Hyman in TO. Yes Hyman is a good player on his own but he's a 30 point 3rd liner who makes a great impact and when he is on the top line he could be a 30 goal scorer cleaning up with Marner and Matthews. This in no way is me trying to say Draisaitl is equal to Hyman, he is much better but what he is, isn't a top 5 player. He's a guy who is likely a top 10 centre and gets a pile of points playing with the best player on the planet. Switch out Draisaitl with Matthews and he would score 70 goals with McDavid. Imagine that, Matthews size, strength and speed and his shot with McDavid's skill and vision? It would be unstoppable. Even more so than it already is. Draisaitl is not at all a top 5 player in the NHL. Not even a top 5 centre.
21 avr. 2021 à 12 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Daddy

Most definitely a top 5 center and a top 5 player, that 58% is including both power play and EVS points. Actually most of that 58% is PP points which makes since you know since they stay out for two minutes together, play every PP together, and are two of the best players in the world lol. If McDavid was really boosting his point production that much then why out of the 3 guys that McDavid plays with more then he plays Draisaitl, does Nuge lead the way with 28 points in 40 games? You can make your unsubstantiated claim all you want but it is merely a theory, no stats to back it up. Draisaitl and Matthews are very even in all important, and individualized metrics such as WAR, GAR, xG+-/60, etc. the advanced analytics don't lie and neither do the stats.
21 avr. 2021 à 13 h 8
Banni
Most definitely a top 5 center and a top 5 player, that 58% is including both power play and EVS points. Actually most of that 58% is PP points which makes since you know since they stay out for two minutes together, play every PP together, and are two of the best players in the world lol. If McDavid was really boosting his point production that much then why out of the 3 guys that McDavid plays with more then he plays Draisaitl, does Nuge lead the way with 28 points in 40 games? You can make your unsubstantiated claim all you want but it is merely a theory, no stats to back it up. Draisaitl and Matthews are very even in all important, and individualized metrics such as WAR, GAR, xG+-/60, etc. the advanced analytics don't lie and neither do the stats.

Go through the game logs man. Over half his 5v5 points have McDavid on the scoring play. Whether it's a goal or assist McDavid had a hand on over half of Draisaitl's even strength points and McDavid is on the ice for all of his PP points. Draisaitl isn't a 100 point player without major contributions from McDavid. I am not sure Draisaitl is a point per game player without McDavid. Matthews is a 40 goal scorer no later who he plays with, he's also way better defensively than Draisaitl and Matthews is a point per game player no matter what. With Marner he's a 50+ goal scorer and a 100 plus point player and isn't even in his prime yet. There is no sane argument to place Draisaitl ahead of Matthews
21 avr. 2021 à 13 h 45
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Go through the game logs man. Over half his 5v5 points have McDavid on the scoring play. Whether it's a goal or assist McDavid had a hand on over half of Draisaitl's even strength points and McDavid is on the ice for all of his PP points. Draisaitl isn't a 100 point player without major contributions from McDavid. I am not sure Draisaitl is a point per game player without McDavid. Matthews is a 40 goal scorer no later who he plays with, he's also way better defensively than Draisaitl and Matthews is a point per game player no matter what. With Marner he's a 50+ goal scorer and a 100 plus point player and isn't even in his prime yet. There is no sane argument to place Draisaitl ahead of Matthews

Thank you for bring a voice of reason in that Drai vs AM34 debate

Drai is prettyyyyy damn overrated.
21 avr. 2021 à 14 h 0
Banni
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

He's a great player no doubt. Argue he's better than Barkov and that is a good debate. But vs Matthews it's just not at all reasonable.
21 avr. 2021 à 15 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Daddy
Modifié 21 avr. 2021 à 15 h 33
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

He's a great player no doubt. Argue he's better than Barkov and that is a good debate. But vs Matthews it's just not at all reasonable.

I mean you can have that opinion if you guys want it doesn't make it true since you have no stats to back it up. I did go through the game logs and 58% of his total points meaning PP and 5v5 points have McDavid involved, just like 50% of McDavids total points have come with Draisaitl involved. Matthews and Draisaitl's WAR, GAR, xG+-/60, Corsi, Fenwick every advanced stat is very close. They only play 35% of thier 5on5 ice time together, so saying he depends on him to get his 5on5 points is dumb. Also it's not like every point Draisaitl gets that McDavid's involved with is all McDavid's doing, McDavid's 'Off' (offensive impact) is 15.1, Draisaitl's Off is 15, very close, oh and btw Matthews Off is 9.7 and this along with all other analytics are isolated stats but I assume you will just continue to ignore the stats.

Anyways I'm done going back and forth your not going to change my mind, just like I'm not gonna change your mind. Making statements such as "I doubt Draisaitl would even be a point per game player without McDavid" without any proof is not an arguement, it's an unjustified opinion so there's no point in continuing to debate. I've shown you several stats that show it's close between the 2, like I said I'm fine with people saying Matthews is better but you have no proff that it isn't close that's just your opinion backed up by assumptions with no facts to support them. Your mention about Matthews not being in his prime yet means nothing to who's currently the better player, it just shows that Matthews will continue to improve and likely separate himself from Draisaitl in the coming years, but he's not quite there yet. Matthews is analytically better than Draisaitl defensively but Draisaitl is better analytically compared to Matthews. The stats and ISOLATED analytics show they are very even, and their impact of the game is similar but clearly that means nothing to you guys.

So have a good day!
21 avr. 2021 à 16 h 58
Banni
I mean you can have that opinion if you guys want it doesn't make it true since you have no stats to back it up. I did go through the game logs and 58% of his total points meaning PP and 5v5 points have McDavid involved, just like 50% of McDavids total points have come with Draisaitl involved. Matthews and Draisaitl's WAR, GAR, xG+-/60, Corsi, Fenwick every advanced stat is very close. They only play 35% of thier 5on5 ice time together, so saying he depends on him to get his 5on5 points is dumb. Also it's not like every point Draisaitl gets that McDavid's involved with is all McDavid's doing, McDavid's 'Off' (offensive impact) is 15.1, Draisaitl's Off is 15, very close, oh and btw Matthews Off is 9.7 and this along with all other analytics are isolated stats but I assume you will just continue to ignore the stats.

Anyways I'm done going back and forth your not going to change my mind, just like I'm not gonna change your mind. Making statements such as "I doubt Draisaitl would even be a point per game player without McDavid" without any proof is not an arguement, it's an unjustified opinion so there's no point in continuing to debate. I've shown you several stats that show it's close between the 2, like I said I'm fine with people saying Matthews is better but you have no proff that it isn't close that's just your opinion backed up by assumptions with no facts to support them. Your mention about Matthews not being in his prime yet means nothing to who's currently the better player, it just shows that Matthews will continue to improve and likely separate himself from Draisaitl in the coming years, but he's not quite there yet. Matthews is analytically better than Draisaitl defensively but Draisaitl is better analytically compared to Matthews. The stats and ISOLATED analytics show they are very even, and their impact of the game is similar but clearly that means nothing to you guys.

So have a good day!

Just because McDavid isn't on the score sheet when Draisaitl scores or gets an assist doesn't mean McDavid isn't on the ice. There are many PP points where Draisaitl is on the score sheet and McDavid isn't but he was on the ice. 58% of his 5v5 points come with McDavid on the ice and all his PP points that's already 2/3rds of his total points coming with McDavid on the ice. As I have mentioned and I don't think anyone can reasonably deny it, considered how they looked at the world hockey championships on the same line several years ago, Matthews and McDavid on the same line would be insane. The absolute best duo the hockey world has ever seen I'd wager. Matthews is just so much more dynamic than Draisaitl. Faster, just as strong on the puck, a better handler, and the best wrist shot in the game to go with a great one timer as well. Unstoppable

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage