Forums/Armchair-GM

Marc Bergevin is Going to be Fired

Créé par: Addison_Rae
Équipe: 2020-21 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 18 avr. 2021
Publié: 18 avr. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
He's going to get fired and so is his hand picked coach Ducharme. MB had almost 10 years with the organization and the team is no better than the one he inherited. Although some of the problem with this team isn't entirely his fault, he still will be shown the door. The inability to draft or acquire a game changing superstar, the inability to acquire a true number one centre (I know redundant first two points), not being able to fully give into a rebuild, burdening the team with aging (seemingly useless) players, and Jonathan Drouin, MB has had his full nine lives.

Now the next step is finding a GM who knows what he/she is doing.... which is unlikely.

Also they need to bench some of these bums for next game to show them that they shouldn't be complacent with their ****ty play.
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de TBL
Logo de CHI
Logo de WSH
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de VGK
Logo de PHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $72 237 142 $0 $3 270 000 $9 262 858 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
4 800 000 $4 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 083 333 $3 083 333 $
C
UFA - 1
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AG, AD
UFA - 3
2 125 000 $2 125 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 2
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
4 350 000 $4 350 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 6
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 6
925 000 $925 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
1 625 000 $1 625 000 $ (550 000 $$550K550 000 $$550K)
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $ (425 000 $$425K425 000 $$425K)
DG
UFA - 1
880 833 $880 833 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
G
RFA - 2
737 500 $737 500 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG/DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 avr. 2021 à 17 h 56
Juraj Slapshotsky
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 582
Bouchard GM, Boucher coach.
18 avr. 2021 à 17 h 57
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,487
They'd bring a worse GM who won't be allowed to rebuild. The fact that Bergevin built a playoffs team only via trade is already impressive and it shows he's a great GM.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2021 à 18 h 2
Hockey247
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 494
I think they'll bring in joel bouchard in as GM, who BTW is kinda of the gm and coach in laval. I was an ardent supporter of bergevin because after 2018, he really did change and IMO if the team was playing up to their potential, we would be discussing him as GM of the year, but maybe a fresh voice is needed. they wont trade weber or price, so don't be hopeful of that. but the next gm that comes in will eb thanking bergevin just because of the draft capital and prospects he's acquired. IMO the habs need to swing for the fences and pay a 1st rd pick plus KK/Romanov to bring in an Eichel or Laine. But that's just me.
18 avr. 2021 à 19 h 7
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
I really don't get the Bergiven hate. He made some bad moves, like the Drouin trade, the Alzner contract, and the Price contract, but he's made more good move, like the Toffoli signing, the Galchenuk-Domi and Domi-Anderson trades, the Danault trade, the Suzuki trade, and he's good at finding depth pieces for the team. Hes not a great GM, but he's by no means a bad GM, he's made some good moves.

Reminder this is coming from a leafs fan.
SevenLeg et Hockey247 a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2021 à 19 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Tiktok Celebrity
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 75
Quoting: Saskleaf
I really don't get the Bergiven hate. He made some bad moves, like the Drouin trade, the Alzner contract, and the Price contract, but he's made more good move, like the Toffoli signing, the Galchenuk-Domi and Domi-Anderson trades, the Danault trade, the Suzuki trade, and he's good at finding depth pieces for the team. Hes not a great GM, but he's by no means a bad GM, he's made some good moves.

Reminder this is coming from a leafs fan.

That's the thing, they're just good moves. Nothing really stands out as "that's a franchise altering decision". And therein lies the problem with MB for me. Don't get me wrong I like the additions in the offseason and I like some of the moves made prior. However, that doesn't excuse the fact that MB had almost 10 years to find the next McDavid, Crosby, Matthews, Ovi, etc. etc. and has a big nothing to show.
mhockey91 et Hockey247 a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2021 à 19 h 24
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Ducharme can’t get fired from a position he doesn’t already have.
18 avr. 2021 à 19 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Tiktok Celebrity
Quoting: Hockey247
I think they'll bring in joel bouchard in as GM, who BTW is kinda of the gm and coach in laval. I was an ardent supporter of bergevin because after 2018, he really did change and IMO if the team was playing up to their potential, we would be discussing him as GM of the year, but maybe a fresh voice is needed. they wont trade weber or price, so don't be hopeful of that. but the next gm that comes in will eb thanking bergevin just because of the draft capital and prospects he's acquired. IMO the habs need to swing for the fences and pay a 1st rd pick plus KK/Romanov to bring in an Eichel or Laine. But that's just me.

But this team should've been rebuilt instead of being "reset" by MB after the disaster that was the 2017 playoff loss to the Rangers that sent the Captain and Galchenyuk packing. We got one year of a top-five draft pick and I understand that you can't help it if the team plays hard like they did in Domi's first year en route to a 96-point regular season. He really should of tried to have a few years like the leafs where they were absolutely dreadful but look at them now, cream of the crop in the league. And if you are trying to win, as MB has stated numerous times, you cannot have players that were on your "reset" team on the "playoff" team. Guys like Byron, Lekhonen, Armia, Drouin, etc.
mhockey91 et Hockey247 a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2021 à 19 h 36
Go leafs go
Quoting: Addison_Rae
That's the thing, they're just good moves. Nothing really stands out as "that's a franchise altering decision". And therein lies the problem with MB for me. Don't get me wrong I like the additions in the offseason and I like some of the moves made prior. However, that doesn't excuse the fact that MB had almost 10 years to find the next McDavid, Crosby, Matthews, Ovi, etc. etc. and has a big nothing to show.

You're telling me that Bergiven is a bad GM because he wasn't able to draft a generational talent? You don't just magically get generational talents like McDavid and Matthews out of nowhere. You have to have draft lottery luck (being bad helps, but you can be dead last for 5 years straight and there's no guarentee you will win the first overall, and even if you do, there's no guarentee that player will be a generational talent), or you have to sell off your depth to trade for one, which is usually not really worth it. Plenty of teams have won a cup without players like that. In fact, the majority of cup winning teams are teams without generational talents. Can't fault him for not having one when its not really his fault anyways.
Hockey247 a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2021 à 19 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Tiktok Celebrity
You're telling me that Bergiven is a bad GM because he wasn't able to draft a generational talent? You don't just magically get generational talents like McDavid and Matthews out of nowhere. You have to have draft lottery luck (being bad helps, but you can be dead last for 5 years straight and there's no guarentee you will win the first overall, and even if you do, there's no guarentee that player will be a generational talent), or you have to sell off your depth to trade for one, which is usually not really worth it. Plenty of teams have won a cup without players like that. In fact, the majority of cup winning teams are teams without generational talents. Can't fault him for not having one when its not really his fault anyways.

I'm not saying he's a bad GM, I'm saying he lacks vision. You either tank or go all in, no in-between, especially for a franchise of Montreal's caliber. If you draft in the middle, you make moves for average to slightly above average players, that's all you'll get, an average team. A team that is mediocre. Sure the draft takes luck and you need to be bad at the right time to draft the right player. What you can't do is be bad for one season, draft one top draft player and say "everything is good now let's try and compete". That almost never works. If you're going to be bad, be bad, tank, draft the right players and maybe you'll be good in 3-4 years. But if you follow MB's blueprint and stay around the middle, that's all your team will ever be in the middle. Take the Leafs for example, of the 6 past draft years if they were to draft once in the top 5 (not the number one) and a bunch in the middle of the first round, would they have the team constructed today? No. That's because they had a vision to build a successful team. Sure it took some luck and really bad seasons but look at them now, near unstoppable. So if you tell me to pick a plan to build a franchise, I'll always pick the Leafs way of "resetting" rather than the Canadiens.
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2021 à 19 h 55
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
150% I agree. Habs have been largely mediocre and will not compete for a cup anytime soon. They should’ve went into a rebuild and acquired a game changer. MB should’ve known his team was never good enough, rather than putting bandages on bullet holes
Addison_Rae et Hockey247 a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2021 à 20 h 9
2285 Stanley Cup Cha
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 509
Don't think Marc is going anywhere, Love ur tik toks tho!
Hockey247 a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2021 à 20 h 21
Go leafs go
I'm not saying he's a bad GM, I'm saying he lacks vision. You either tank or go all in, no in-between, especially for a franchise of Montreal's caliber. If you draft in the middle, you make moves for average to slightly above average players, that's all you'll get, an average team. A team that is mediocre. Sure the draft takes luck and you need to be bad at the right time to draft the right player. What you can't do is be bad for one season, draft one top draft player and say "everything is good now let's try and compete". That almost never works. If you're going to be bad, be bad, tank, draft the right players and maybe you'll be good in 3-4 years. But if you follow MB's blueprint and stay around the middle, that's all your team will ever be in the middle. Take the Leafs for example, of the 6 past draft years if they were to draft once in the top 5 (not the number one) and a bunch in the middle of the first round, would they have the team constructed today? No. That's because they had a vision to build a successful team. Sure it took some luck and really bad seasons but look at them now, near unstoppable. So if you tell me to pick a plan to build a franchise, I'll always pick the Leafs way of "resetting" rather than the Canadiens.

I agree complete rebuilding is a better way to go, but winning a cup is still possible with the way Montreal runs. Look at Boston and St Louis for example. Neither team had a set of high draft picks, but they still were able to win a cup by staying good (though not elite) for a long period of time, and making good depth moves. I don't think Montreal wins a cup under Bergevin, but the style that he uses still can provide cups.
Addison_Rae et Hockey247 a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2021 à 20 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Tiktok Celebrity
I agree complete rebuilding is a better way to go, but winning a cup is still possible with the way Montreal runs. Look at Boston and St Louis for example. Neither team had a set of high draft picks, but they still were able to win a cup by staying good (though not elite) for a long period of time, and making good depth moves. I don't think Montreal wins a cup under Bergevin, but the style that he uses still can provide cups.

I mean those teams have elite, bona-fide, number 1 centremen. Bergeron and O'Reilly.
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2021 à 20 h 31
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 66

Yes, the leafs got lucky in their rebuild and came out as a very strong team but then there are the savers who have two first overall picks and are still awful and looking at another potential 1st overall pick.

The devils had two 1st overall picks and were supposed to be a playoff team last year but are still bottom dwellers.

The oilers had three consecutive years of first overall picks and were terrible until they got lucky and got a 4th the McDavid year. It still took them years to be a legitimate playoff team and they still have a lot of depth issues. If that had not been the McDavid year they may still not have made the playoffs.

The kings won 2 cups by being average and then turning it on in the playoffs.

Boston has done some retools while never tanking and drafted players like Pasta and McAvoy.

My point is that no strategy works every time, it takes luck, making the right deals (some of which you don’t know if it was the right deal until 5 or more years later), and maybe most importantly being able to develop players.
Hockey247 et Addison_Rae a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2021 à 20 h 57
Hockey247
But this team should've been rebuilt instead of being "reset" by MB after the disaster that was the 2017 playoff loss to the Rangers that sent the Captain and Galchenyuk packing. We got one year of a top-five draft pick and I understand that you can't help it if the team plays hard like they did in Domi's first year en route to a 96-point regular season. He really should of tried to have a few years like the leafs where they were absolutely dreadful but look at them now, cream of the crop in the league. And if you are trying to win, as MB has stated numerous times, you cannot have players that were on your "reset" team on the "playoff" team. Guys like Byron, Lekhonen, Armia, Drouin, etc.

well addison, you can't rebuild in montreal. fans would have burnt the bell center down. thats why he couldn't rebuild. he had to take the longer route. i wish we could have tanked like toronto, but say toronto doesn't land matthews. they're still trash in that case. but i agree with you.
Addison_Rae a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2021 à 20 h 58
Hockey247

ah those guys are generational talents. they don't come around every draft. unless you trade for one
18 avr. 2021 à 23 h 35
Go leafs go
I mean those teams have elite, bona-fide, number 1 centremen. Bergeron and O'Reilly.

I see your point. But we don't know exactly how good Suzuki or Kotkaniemi are yet. But yes, chances are neither of them become a Bergeron or O'Rielly. I don't think Montreal has a cup in their future, but they are still a decent team.

Quoting: Icehockey18121124
Yes, the leafs got lucky in their rebuild and came out as a very strong team but then there are the savers who have two first overall picks and are still awful and looking at another potential 1st overall pick.

The devils had two 1st overall picks and were supposed to be a playoff team last year but are still bottom dwellers.

The oilers had three consecutive years of first overall picks and were terrible until they got lucky and got a 4th the McDavid year. It still took them years to be a legitimate playoff team and they still have a lot of depth issues. If that had not been the McDavid year they may still not have made the playoffs.

The kings won 2 cups by being average and then turning it on in the playoffs.

Boston has done some retools while never tanking and drafted players like Pasta and McAvoy.

My point is that no strategy works every time, it takes luck, making the right deals (some of which you don’t know if it was the right deal until 5 or more years later), and maybe most importantly being able to develop players.

This. While high picks help, they guarentee nothing.
Addison_Rae a aimé ceci.
19 avr. 2021 à 12 h 14
Go leafs go
Ohh, and did I mention it,

Dubas>Bergiven awesome face

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option