SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

If Hyman signs for 5 mill how does Toronto do it

16 avr. 2021 à 17 h 50
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 335
This is after The Seattle Kraken almost inevitably select Justin Holl and take 2 mill off their salary cap.
Realistically at 28 years old, Hyman wants to cash in on his last big contract and wants it to be fruitful, he’ll take a paycut but leafs fans think he’ll sign for less that 4 mill. Being a player who is a tenacious forchecker, good PK player, puts up a good amount of points, right shot, he’d want at least 5 in my opinion.
So signing Hyman to a 5 mill deal, They need a 1a/1b goalie, top 6 insurance winger, an entire 4th line, bottom pairing all for around 7 mill
How do they do it? I don’t think they’re team will likely be even close to how good they are this year. A lot of hope on rookies filling spots next year.

Let’s assume they trade Kerfoot for less value than expected because other teams will expect thats who they’ll try to offload first

How do they do it?
16 avr. 2021 à 17 h 55
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
Moved to the appropriate subforum. For future reference, AGMs should have completed rosters that are relevant to their titles. In this case, you didn't make additional signings or moves and are instead looking for a more generalized conversation.
16 avr. 2021 à 17 h 58
Save Ukrane, end war
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 783
Quoting: FullSend
This is after The Seattle Kraken almost inevitably select Justin Holl and take 2 mill off their salary cap.
Realistically at 28 years old, Hyman wants to cash in on his last big contract and wants it to be fruitful, he’ll take a paycut but leafs fans think he’ll sign for less that 4 mill. Being a player who is a tenacious forchecker, good PK player, puts up a good amount of points, right shot, he’d want at least 5 in my opinion.
So signing Hyman to a 5 mill deal, They need a 1a/1b goalie, top 6 insurance winger, an entire 4th line, bottom pairing all for around 7 mill
How do they do it? I don’t think they’re team will likely be even close to how good they are this year. A lot of hope on rookies filling spots next year.

Let’s assume they trade Kerfoot for less value than expected because other teams will expect thats who they’ll try to offload first

How do they do it?

I don't think they will sign Hyman to that amount. If he signs with Toronto, it'll be at a discount, if he wants to get paid, it'll be on another team.
palhal a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 23 h 20
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466

There are a about 4 UFAs per team. Some resign with their team, other sign elsewhere. What's the big obsession about Hyman? If he doesn't sign with the Leafs, Leafs will have some cap money to sign someone else. Gee, that's the nature of all UFAs.
17 avr. 2021 à 0 h 12
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
they do it with money i'd assume
17 avr. 2021 à 2 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 17 avr. 2021 à 4 h 18
Quoting: mondo
they do it with money i'd assume

Looool nice.. people like you are fun at parties.
How do they get a starting goalie, top 6F, Top 4D, with Hyman likely wanting the money he’s worth at 28 yrs and with the minimal cap space they have?
17 avr. 2021 à 2 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: palhal

He’s a lot more valuable to the team than most think and the question was how do they work out the rest of their team if Hyman Toronto gets signed to what he’s worth? There was no need for a beginner lesson about the nature of UFA’s and trying to act all snarky about this post, you don’t gotta reply. This is for that particular scenario only, thanks!

If he takes even 4 mill or about that, I just want to know what Leafs fans or otherwise think they should do to fix the holes in the roster w minimal cap space
17 avr. 2021 à 12 h 58
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
If he costs 5 mil...

THE LEAFS MUST SIGN HIM.

Dubas needs to be fired if he does not sign Hyman unless Hyman takes a contract over 5.5 mil somewhere else.
17 avr. 2021 à 14 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Saskleaf
If he costs 5 mil...

THE LEAFS MUST SIGN HIM.

Dubas needs to be fired if he does not sign Hyman unless Hyman takes a contract over 5.5 mil somewhere else.

But I wanna know how they fill their entire roster if he does sign for near what he’s worth
17 avr. 2021 à 14 h 38
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 253
But I wanna know how they fill their entire roster if he does sign for near what he’s worth

Quite easy; multiple options: https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2348846
17 avr. 2021 à 14 h 58
Go leafs go

If they trade Kerfoot (or lose him to the Kraken), they can probably manage (provided they don't sign anyone except for depth players and a backup goalie).

If not, just trade Nylander but I don't think it will come to that, I don't see Hyman demanding over 5 mil from the leafs, he seems to really want to stay and seems willing to take a discount to stay. But if he wants money, pay him and figure out the rest later is what they should do (unless he wants way more than what he's worth).
17 avr. 2021 à 15 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Saskleaf
If they trade Kerfoot (or lose him to the Kraken), they can probably manage (provided they don't sign anyone except for depth players and a backup goalie).

If not, just trade Nylander but I don't think it will come to that, I don't see Hyman demanding over 5 mil from the leafs, he seems to really want to stay and seems willing to take a discount to stay. But if he wants money, pay him and figure out the rest later is what they should do (unless he wants way more than what he's worth).

at 28 in quite possible his prime right now I think he’ll want at least 4.5 and that’s a paycut, I know teams would pay 5.5+ for his services he’s a good player. That’s still like 11 mill in cap space though and do you think dubas gets good value back for Kerfoot?
17 avr. 2021 à 16 h 42
Go leafs go
at 28 in quite possible his prime right now I think he’ll want at least 4.5 and that’s a paycut, I know teams would pay 5.5+ for his services he’s a good player. That’s still like 11 mill in cap space though and do you think dubas gets good value back for Kerfoot?

I agree teams will probably offer him 5.5. Can't see anyone offering him in the 6 mil range with the flat cap (and if someone does offer that, it will probably be the right move to let him go). I think he'll get 4.5 from the leafs for 4 years, or a similar deal. The Toffoli deal is probably a pretty good comparison, the Iafallo deal is a decent comparison too (although Hyman is better than Iafallo).

At this point I doubt the leafs get much more for Kerfoot than they got for Johnsson, a bit more maybe since he's a centre and slightly better. A 3rd and a fringe nhler maybe?
FullSend a aimé ceci.
17 avr. 2021 à 23 h 16
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
It doesn't seem that difficult. Promote from within and decide where to allot money for outside hires.
19 avr. 2021 à 14 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
First off hes not.

How can u justify giving Hyman more money than

Victor Arvidsson
Tyler Toffoli
Alex Iaffalo
among others

Hyman will get a contract between 3.85-4.25mill at most
19 avr. 2021 à 16 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: aadoyle
First off hes not.

Victor Arvidsson
Tyler Toffoli
Alex Iaffalo
among others

Better two way player, solid penalty killer, better analytical numbers than all of these players, arguably harder work ethic than most of these players, in his prime signing their last big contract, most FA want something more long term=More money obviously for stability (not 4 years like Toffoli if he’s staying with a team he’s already on like Toronto). Toffoli’s already had a 4 mill contract before, and a 2 mill contract before that. HYMAN has only had an entry level contract and played out a very cost efficient 2.5 mill contract..

All in all, for all he’s done in Toronto, If he’s getting a raise, it surely won’t be just a mere 1.5ish million more and when he could get 5.5-7 mill on the open market it’s hard to think that way. I know it’s a flat cap world but a lot of teams could throw real money at him this year, not a lot could with Toffoli last year. I know I wanted my Oilers to pursue him but we were too constraint, now we have 30 mill next year
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 avr. 2021 à 14 h 53
Go leafs go
Quoting: aadoyle
First off hes not.

Victor Arvidsson
Tyler Toffoli
Alex Iaffalo
among others

Hyman is better than Iafallo and Arvidsson.

As for Toffoli, he signed for way lower than he should have. He's an outlier.
FullSend et MapleLeafsfan2003 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage