SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Winnipeg Jets signed Adam Lowry (5 Years / $3,250,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

16 avr. 2021 à 18 h 22
GoJetsGo
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 522
Tbh, I'm not too happy about this. 5 years is reaally long, and historically he hasn't been great offensively, so I'm unconvinced that he can keep up this kind of production. He is good defensively as a shutdown guy, I can't deny that, but I think we likely could have got someone cheaper to fill this role. I think in 2 or 3 years we will regret this deal. Plus the expansion aspect is not good because we are now likely to lose a good cheap forward in Appleton who could be really useful in managing the cap next year, and is young with some potential.
16 avr. 2021 à 18 h 22
GoJetsGo
Quoting: Dzinger18
Overall, I think this is a solid deal for the Jets. I think Lowry can be a solid 40 point player in an 82 game season.

He's not even on pace for that this year
16 avr. 2021 à 18 h 28
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578
Quoting: capfriendlyaccount
He's not even on pace for that this year

I mean sort of around 40. Not necessarily above or right at it.
16 avr. 2021 à 19 h 16
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,982
Quoting: DavidAyers
Man the defensive forwards been getting paid for a bit of time, Marcus Foligno, Laughton and now this deal for Adam Lowry, really good contract

You can thank Rutherford and Tanev for that.
capfriendlyaccount, BCAPP, Wqrrior and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 19 h 47
GoJetsGo
Quoting: Chopper02

Glad we didn't sign that one lol. He's been better than expected but yeesh that's a crazy contract.
16 avr. 2021 à 19 h 59
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Quoting: Chopper02

Tanev is an offensive juggernaut, 7 goals in 32 games this year.
16 avr. 2021 à 21 h 29
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
Quoting: jpsnow13
He would had got more on the UFA market (he would had been on top of the list, considerimg Landeskog RNH and Danault will likely resign) .

Good signing. I dont care what advanced stats are, every time you look at him play, you wish he was on your team.

He is not in the same league as those players. Dude has a career high of 29 points.

He's solid enough defensively and a gritty player. I like the guy. But he isn't in those other guys league
capfriendlyaccount a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 21 h 31
Quoting: Dzinger18
I mean sort of around 40. Not necessarily above or right at it.

He's 28 with 7 NHL seasons and a career high of 29 points. He's a 25-30 point player. That's pretty established.
16 avr. 2021 à 22 h 44
Mentions "j'aime": 1,982
Quoting: pharrow
Tanev is an offensive juggernaut, 7 goals in 32 games this year.

Acciari got 22 last year. Wouldn't call him an offensive juggernaut. Tanev is also having a career shooting percentage year by 5 percent.
16 avr. 2021 à 22 h 46
Quoting: Jetman
Great contract. Term may be long but it's a way to have a low AAV...my only problem is that Appleton may be gone to Seattle

Wheels
Scheifs
Ehlers
Connor
Dubois
Lowry
Copp

These will be protected

Great contract. Term may be long but it's a way to have a low AAV...my only problem is that Appleton may be gone to Seattle

Wheels
Scheifs
Ehlers
Connor
Dubois
Lowry
Copp

These will be protected

Over 3 million isn't a low aav for a forward with a career high of 29 points no matter how good he is defensively
capfriendlyaccount a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 23 h 43
You know nothing JS
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395
Quoting: BCAPP
He is not in the same league as those players. Dude has a career high of 29 points.

He's solid enough defensively and a gritty player. I like the guy. But he isn't in those other guys league

That's not what I said. Look at the list of centers who will become UFAs. Lowry would had been at the top, excluding those guys.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 23 h 48
You know nothing JS
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395
Over 3 million isn't a low aav for a forward with a career high of 29 points no matter how good he is defensively

Danault signed a 3x3M contract after a 25 pts season and it was a steal.

If you keep looking at offensive stats of defensive players, of course you will think they are overated. You are not looking at the right place.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 23 h 53
Mentions "j'aime": 125
Quoting: Gaudious
So that confirms Andrew Copp is going to the Seattle Kraken

Actually Seattle can't just select copp because he's not under contract for next year, he has to agree to a contract with them. They can only select Goalies that are rfa at season end. But most likely the jets protect copp and expose Appleton and Harkins. Given the choice between those two, demelo, niku and Berdin they select Appleton most likely.
17 avr. 2021 à 1 h 17
That's not what I said. Look at the list of centers who will become UFAs. Lowry would had been at the top, excluding those guys.

You listed three guys one of which is a left wing not a centre (Landeskog). Krejci would worth more than Lowry though certainly older
17 avr. 2021 à 1 h 19
Danault signed a 3x3M contract after a 25 pts season and it was a steal.

If you keep looking at offensive stats of defensive players, of course you will think they are overated. You are not looking at the right place.

That was 25 in 52 and he had 40 the year before. I said career high 29.

Nobody is one thing. He still has responsibilities offensively and until this year he hasn't done much with them and this year for the first time he's on pace for less than 40 pts still...
17 avr. 2021 à 11 h 52
Mentions "j'aime": 947

Quoting: Rooney
This was my only concern as well. I think we lose Appleton nkw unfortunately. I agree that it would have been much smarter to sign him after the expansion draft but Lowry’s a UFA. He sort of holds althe cards as to whether he was willing to do so.

Just curious but you don't think they would target Logan Stanley or Sami Niku?

I haven't watched many games from the North this year, but I just assumed it would be one of your younger D in Seattle
Rooney a aimé ceci.
17 avr. 2021 à 12 h 45
Go Jets Go
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,143
Quoting: Shifttee
Just curious but you don't think they would target Logan Stanley or Sami Niku?

I haven't watched many games from the North this year, but I just assumed it would be one of your younger D in Seattle

I had Stanley as a lock to be picked by Seattle up until the Lowry signing! I simply think that Appleton is the better player and he has improved immensely this season...although so has Stanley! I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if it was Stanley but my gut says it will be Appleton. Niku probably isn’t in the conversation as he’s barely played this year and when he has he’s but very underwhelming. A fresh start could be good for him though!
17 avr. 2021 à 17 h 55
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1
One thing thats not really been mentioned is how hard it is for bad cities to keep good players. I'd say a slight overpayment but absolutely a player they want to keep so its ok, probably 750k too much so worth it to keep a solid 2 way player. Sorry but Edmonton, Buffalo, Jets, and other teams like that gotta over pay a bit to keep their talent because they can't pick it up in free agency.
BCAPP a aimé ceci.
17 avr. 2021 à 17 h 57
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1

No matter how good he is defensively? I think thats a bit of an exaggeration...
17 avr. 2021 à 21 h 41
Quoting: SmellyMike
No matter how good he is defensively? I think thats a bit of an exaggeration...

I don't think so. I didn't say it was to high. Just that it isn't low.

I can't think of a single forward who has signed for more than 3.5 mil in NHL history with a career high below 30 points. Can you?
17 avr. 2021 à 21 h 42
Quoting: SmellyMike
One thing thats not really been mentioned is how hard it is for bad cities to keep good players. I'd say a slight overpayment but absolutely a player they want to keep so its ok, probably 750k too much so worth it to keep a solid 2 way player. Sorry but Edmonton, Buffalo, Jets, and other teams like that gotta over pay a bit to keep their talent because they can't pick it up in free agency.

Edmonton shouldn't have that difficulty as playing with mcjesus' should be a draw. But I see your point for sure!
24 juin 2021 à 10 h 0
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
Seems like a bit much but I mean it’s better then nothing
7 juill. 2021 à 14 h 45
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
Quoting: Gaudious
So that confirms Andrew Copp is going to the Seattle Kraken

That confirms nothing