Forums/Armchair-GM

Avs 2021-22

Créé par: Richard88
Équipe: 2021-22 Avalanche du Colorado
Date de création initiale: 14 avr. 2021
Publié: 14 avr. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This scenario is if Johnson gets retained and Seattle pick Donskoi.

Having $9m+ on the 3rd D pair would effectively rule out re-signing Saad or adding another top 6 forward.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3925 000 $
3925 000 $
3925 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 500 000 $
11 000 000 $
1825 000 $
1750 000 $
79 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
55 750 000 $
77 500 000 $
Transactions
COL
    Seattle
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2281 500 000 $82 948 963 $1 741 463 $3 975 000 $-1 448 963 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
    7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
    AG, C
    UFA - 8
    6 300 000 $6 300 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA - 4
    4 900 000 $4 900 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    908 333 $908 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    C, AG
    RFA - 2
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
    AD
    RFA - 2
    725 000 $725 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance200 000 $$200K)
    C
    RFA - 1
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
    DG/DD
    RFA - 2
    9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 6
    5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
    G
    UFA - 6
    4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 3
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 6
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    3 166 667 $3 166 667 $
    DG
    UFA - 2
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 2
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    925 000 $925 000 $
    AD
    RFA
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    DD
    RFA - 2
    Équipe de réserve
    825 000 $825 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
    G
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    14 avr. 2021 à 6 h 31
    Vegan Commie Hipster
    Rejoint: oct. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,256
    I feel like Gabe could be signed to a more team friendly deal with how humble & loyal he is to avoid so much $ in his later years especially with a Cup in sight
    14 avr. 2021 à 7 h 29
    retired
    Rejoint: avr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
    Quoting: Radu47
    I feel like Gabe could be signed to a more team friendly deal with how humble & loyal he is to avoid so much $ in his later years especially with a Cup in sight

7.5m is a team friendly deal.
    Richard88 a aimé ceci.
    14 avr. 2021 à 7 h 31
    retired
    not a huge fan of starting 3 rookies up front but i dont see any other options with the cap space unless you move out compher or graves.
    14 avr. 2021 à 8 h 10
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,373
    Modifié 14 avr. 2021 à 8 h 37
    Cap space = $292.5k
    Makar bridge deal adds around $2.5M
    New space = $2.8M
    Bowers or Kovalenko to Loveland adds $925k
    Cap space to add = $3.7M

If they can nibble a bit off the Landy and Grubauer contracts (maybe Makar too) then they might be able to get there on Saad. Landy at $7.2, Grubauer $5.4, Makar $6.25 means $4.6M to sign Saad. Massage the cap a bit with call ups and you can maybe give him a bit more. It's tough though.

Moving Compher solves a lot of problems.
    14 avr. 2021 à 8 h 55
    Rejoint: août 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 8,893
    Quoting: Anus_McLeod
    Cap space = $292.5k
    New space = $2.8M
    Cap space to add = $3.7M

If they can nibble a bit off the Landy and Grubauer contracts (maybe Makar too) then they might be able to get there on Saad. Landy at $7.2, Grubauer $5.4, Makar $6.25 means $4.6M to sign Saad. Massage the cap a bit with call ups and you can maybe give him a bit more. It's tough though.

I think some of those numbers are hopeful thinking especially if they win the cup and/or any of them win awards. Makar has never been paid paid and let’s be honest he is in a whole different category than the others and honestly don’t know that a bridge even at $6.25 gets it done especially considering his agent is going to want to wait for Hughes, Dahlin and Heiskanen to sign. Grubauer is the biggest wild card, you know his agent is going to point to the Markstrom deal. Gabe is going to be the 1st one who has an opportunity to take the proverbial home team discount for the long term success of the team.
    ArakinSkywalker a aimé ceci.
    14 avr. 2021 à 8 h 55
    Rejoint: juin 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,942
    What is Colorado's ED plan?
    14 avr. 2021 à 9 h 17
    Quoting: Xqb15a
    I think some of those numbers are hopeful thinking especially if they win the cup and/or any of them win awards. Makar has never been paid paid and let’s be honest he is in a whole different category than the others and honestly don’t know that a bridge even at $6.25 gets it done especially considering his agent is going to want to wait for Hughes, Dahlin and Heiskanen to sign. Grubauer is the biggest wild card, you know his agent is going to point to the Markstrom deal. Gabe is going to be the 1st one who has an opportunity to take the proverbial home team discount for the long term success of the team.

Maybe. It's tough to say what some of these deals look like. Markstrom got what he got but there us also Lehner, Binnington, and Demko to point to. $5.5 seems pretty reasonable. Hoffman and Iafallo only got $4M, which may be something to look to with Saad. And Landy's best comp is Kreider at $6.5 which happened pre-Covid. Landy is better, but $7.2 seems reasonable.

Makar is the question mark. None of us know what a bridge for him looks like. Could be anywhere fro 5-7 in my opinion. I can't see it going above that in this era.

At worst retain 1-1.5M on Compher and move him for peanuts. I like him, but Saad is more important.
    Xqb15a a aimé ceci.
    14 avr. 2021 à 10 h 24
    retired
    Quoting: ecupirate07

hopefully ej waives or is traded or the avs are screwed.

g - grubauer
    d - makar, girard, toews
    f - landy, mack, rants, kadri, bura, nuke, +1 of donskoi or jost

i think the consensus is seattle will take graves but could opt for donskoi, compher, jost. if seattle takes jost it could be a bit problemtic for the avs as the extra cap space from the other options could be useful. if there's a deal to be made with seattle to take johnson or both graves and compher the avs should explore it.
    14 avr. 2021 à 11 h 3
    Rejoint: juin 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,942
    Quoting: DirtyDangle

g - grubauer
    d - makar, girard, toews

i think the consensus is seattle will take graves but could opt for donskoi, compher, jost. if seattle takes jost it could be a bit problemtic for the avs as the extra cap space from the other options could be useful. if there's a deal to be made with seattle to take johnson or both graves and compher the avs should explore it.

First off, thanks for the response. I admittedly haven't watched as much Avalanche as I would like as a Canes fan. Probably my 2nd favorite team.

Hypothetical, Dougie is out of the Canes price range for too long. Would a pre ED deal with Johnson (who wont waive to Seattle but would to another contender) make sense with Carolina? Johnson and Burakovsky for Foegele, +. Foegele helps replace Burakovsy and saves about 1.5-2 million in cap. Saving 6 million in cap with Johnson which would allow you to keep Donskoi or Saad and have room for another piece (if you bridge Makar at 3 x 7 instead of going 8 years right away).

Losing Burakovsky isnt easy, I am not taking that lightly. At the same time, those two contracts fit the Hurricanes better in long term than giving Hamilton a long term deal and boosts the O scoring as an upgrade of Bura over Foegele. Foegele gives someone similar to Nish but with more cost control in the long run as Bura will cost a bunch to re-sign. Trying to get Seattle to bite on Graves and Compher is probably easier but I figured I would throw it out there.
    14 avr. 2021 à 11 h 41
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,616
    Quoting: Radu47

7.5m is a team friendly deal.

Yep. Landeskog has the stats and longevity to push for $8m+ easily. He's a PPG player this year and easily a 60-70 point player in previous years which is higher than guys like Kreider and Lee.

Landeskog's contract is going to age like milk, but given when the Avs cup window is Sakic should be open to giving him extra term to keep the AAV down.
    14 avr. 2021 à 11 h 43
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16

7+3+1

Grubauer

Makar, Girard, Toews

Mackinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog, Kadri, Burakovsky, Nichuskin, Jost

Johnson waives or gets bought out.

Exposed: Francouz, MacDonald, Graves, Johnson, Donskoi, Compher, O'Connor.

Most likely Seattle will take Graves or Donskoi, which is absolutely fine as Colorado will need that cap relief next year.
    14 avr. 2021 à 11 h 46
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16
    not a huge fan of starting 3 rookies up front but i dont see any other options with the cap space unless you move out compher or graves.

It's not that different to having Byram in the top 4 and O'Connor in the lineup. Kaut, Newhook, and Bowers are also high draft picks who are 2-4 years out from their draft years so they're more ripe than typical rookies the Avs have promoted in recent years (eg. Jost 1 year in NCAA, Byram straight from WHL).
    14 avr. 2021 à 11 h 48
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16
    Cap space = $292.5k
    New space = $2.8M
    Cap space to add = $3.7M

ELC's don't count towards the NHL cap when the player is in the AHL.

Yeah Makar is getting paid, either $7m+ on a bridge, or $9-10m on a long-term deal. Grubauer definitely has a good case for Markstrom money, but you know Sakic is going to push for the Lehner deal and say that Johansson and Francouz also have good stats playing behind this league-best D group.
    Xqb15a a aimé ceci.
    14 avr. 2021 à 11 h 51
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16

g - grubauer
    d - makar, girard, toews

Jost will for sure get protected over Donskoi. He's younger, team controlled longer, is a C rather than RW, and has a much lower caphit. Donskoi is much easier to replace in UFA or via trade than Jost is.

First off, thanks for the response. I admittedly haven't watched as much Avalanche as I would like as a Canes fan. Probably my 2nd favorite team.
    14 avr. 2021 à 11 h 52
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16

Hypothetical, Dougie is out of the Canes price range for too long. Would a pre ED deal with Johnson (who wont waive to Seattle but would to another contender) make sense with Carolina? Johnson and Burakovsky for Foegele, +. Foegele helps replace Burakovsy and saves about 1.5-2 million in cap. Saving 6 million in cap with Johnson which would allow you to keep Donskoi or Saad and have room for another piece (if you bridge Makar at 3 x 7 instead of going 8 years right away).

Losing Burakovsky isnt easy, I am not taking that lightly. At the same time, those two contracts fit the Hurricanes better in long term than giving Hamilton a long term deal and boosts the O scoring as an upgrade of Bura over Foegele. Foegele gives someone similar to Nish but with more cost control in the long run as Bura will cost a bunch to re-sign. Trying to get Seattle to bite on Graves and Compher is probably easier but I figured I would throw it out there.

Avs would easily accept that trade. $6m in cap relief for 2 years would be huge, and as good as Burakovsky is he is far from irreplaceable (for instance we could just resign Saad).
    ecupirate07 et Xqb15a a aimé ceci.
    14 avr. 2021 à 12 h 2
    Quoting: Richard88
    ELC's don't count towards the NHL cap when the player is in the AHL.

Hence why I added cap space for moving one of Bowers or Kovalenko to the Eagles. Not sure what you're saying here.

Yeah Makar is getting paid, either $7m+ on a bridge, or $9-10m on a long-term deal. Grubauer definitely has a good case for Markstrom money, but you know Sakic is going to push for the Lehner deal and say that Johansson and Francouz also have good stats playing behind this league-best D group.

I don't think Makar gets more than $7M. There are no comps for that. The best I can think of is Werenski at $5M (pre-Covid).
    DirtyDangle a aimé ceci.
    14 avr. 2021 à 12 h 14
    Rejoint: août 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 8,893

g - grubauer
    d - makar, girard, toews

There is no reason for EJ not to waive. Seattle isn’t going to take him, if he doesn’t waive he is getting bought out. If he is bought out he loses money because no way is anybody going to give him a contract that covers what he lost in the buy out. The one nobody is talking about is McDonald. What if Seattle decides to take him?
    14 avr. 2021 à 12 h 16
    retired
    7+3+1

Grubauer

Makar, Girard, Toews

Mackinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog, Kadri, Burakovsky, Nichuskin, Jost

Johnson waives or gets bought out.

Exposed: Francouz, MacDonald, Graves, Johnson, Donskoi, Compher, O'Connor.

Most likely Seattle will take Graves or Donskoi, which is absolutely fine as Colorado will need that cap relief next year.

one problem the avs could face is if johnson doesn't waive the avs can't buyout an injured player. might leave a trade as the only option.
    14 avr. 2021 à 12 h 19
    retired
    There is no reason for EJ not to waive. Seattle isn’t going to take him, if he doesn’t waive he is getting bought out If he is bought out he loses money because no way is anybody going to give him a contract that covers what he lost in the buy out. The one nobody is talking about is McDonald. What if Seattle decides to take him?

i agree with all that but if you're johnson why even take that .01% chance. he has a family and a house. he's established in denver. avs can't buy him out if he's still injured.

seattle could take macdonald if they want to keep salary low but if that's the objective i think jost makes the better selection.
    14 avr. 2021 à 12 h 27
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16
    I don't think Makar gets more than $7M. There are no comps for that. The best I can think of is Werenski at $5M (pre-Covid).

Werenski wasn't posting PPG before his deal at levels not seen since Larry Murphy, Leetch, Orr...
    14 avr. 2021 à 12 h 29
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16
    There is no reason for EJ not to waive. Seattle isn’t going to take him, if he doesn’t waive he is getting bought out. If he is bought out he loses money because no way is anybody going to give him a contract that covers what he lost in the buy out. The one nobody is talking about is McDonald. What if Seattle decides to take him?

Johnson could get a $2m x 2 contract which would make up the defecit from getting bought out.

MacDonald getting picked would be an annoyance, but that would be a fine outcome. There will be plenty of teams interested in trading for Donskoi or Graves one would think.
    14 avr. 2021 à 12 h 29
    retired

agreed. i know forwards aren't that comparable to defensemen but even point only got a $6.75m bridge coming off a 92 point season. this was at a time when the cap was projected to go up too. the makar contract speculation is veering of the rails. it reminds me of barrie's contract speculation. at first it was $5.5m, than $6m, $6.5m then atleast $7m. the number was jumping by the month.
    14 avr. 2021 à 12 h 30
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16
    one problem the avs could face is if johnson doesn't waive the avs can't buyout an injured player. might leave a trade as the only option.

Sakic said in his recent presser that EJ is expected back in the playoffs.
    14 avr. 2021 à 12 h 31
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16
    i agree with all that but if you're johnson why even take that .01% chance. he has a family and a house. he's established in denver. avs can't buy him out if he's still injured.

seattle could take macdonald if they want to keep salary low but if that's the objective i think jost makes the better selection.

EJ lives in Newport so Anaheim would be a logical trade destination if it comes down to it.
    14 avr. 2021 à 12 h 31
    retired
    Sakic said in his recent presser that EJ is expected back in the playoffs.

that's good to know but how can they say that with a concussion.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage