(BOS/BUF) - Bjork and 2nd round pick for Hall, Lazar

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

12 avr. 2021 à 17 h 38
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,797
Quoting: LindyRuffRider
Hall had a NMC. Adams already said he was limited to Boston. He had to take their best offer.
Remember back in 2014-Mar-05 Martin St. Louis said he wanted to be traded to the NYR. I believe Yzerman was Tampa's GM and he managed to get 2014 first, 2015 first & seventh and Ryan Callahan.
GMTD a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2021 à 17 h 49
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Or he didn't have a choice. Hall has a NMC and said he only wants to go to Boston.

You know you have played your cards as a GM pretty bad when a player has full control over your decisions.

Letting things go that much out of hand makes Adams look even worse.
12 avr. 2021 à 17 h 49
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 623
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
Remember back in 2014-Mar-05 Martin St. Louis said he wanted to be traded to the NYR. I believe Yzerman was Tampa's GM and he managed to get 2014 first, 2015 first & seventh and Ryan Callahan.

St.Louis had 61 pts (29 goals) in 62 games. Hall had 17 points (2 goals) in 37 games. How are they even comparable?
12 avr. 2021 à 17 h 51
Quoting: justaBoss
You know you have played your cards as a GM pretty bad when a player has full control over your decisions.

Letting things go that much out of hand makes Adams look even worse.

How? Hall wouldn't have signed here if it wasn't for the NMC.

Either sign Hall with a NMC and get a 2nd

Hall signs somewhere else and you get nothing
12 avr. 2021 à 18 h 19
What in tarnation
How? Hall wouldn't have signed here if it wasn't for the NMC.

Either sign Hall with a NMC and get a 2nd

Hall signs somewhere else and you get nothing

I think the real question is did Hall provide anything for Buffalo during his time there?

They've only had probably their worst year of all of them during their decade long slump.

Honestly they would've been better off not signing the guy in the first place.

Now they get Bjork+2nd for the guy, and it remains to be seen what they can provide.
12 avr. 2021 à 18 h 24
I think the real question is did Hall provide anything for Buffalo during his time there?

They've only had probably their worst year of all of them during their decade long slump.

Honestly they would've been better off not signing the guy in the first place.

Now they get Bjork+2nd for the guy, and it remains to be seen what they can provide.

How would've he predicted that? Does Adams have a time machine? Did he know the whole team was going to get COVID and his star player was going to be out for the year?

It was a good signing, despite it not working out. The team needed a top 6 forward and he added one. I would rather take a 2nd round pick then no 2nd round pick.
gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2021 à 18 h 28
What in tarnation
How would've he predicted that? Does Adams have a time machine? Did he know the whole team was going to get COVID and his star player was going to be out for the year?

It was a good signing, despite it not working out. The team needed a top 6 forward and he added one. I would rather take a 2nd round pick then no 2nd round pick.

So, they got left with a 2nd round pick and a bottom-6 player by wasting $8M to a player who completely manhandled their GM and muddled his pretty much nonexistent reputation and caused a huge PR loss for the entire organisation.

Honestly at this point the only thing that could save this is that 2nd turning out into an NHL player.
12 avr. 2021 à 18 h 39
So, they got left with a 2nd round pick and a bottom-6 player by wasting $8M to a player who completely manhandled their GM and muddled his pretty much nonexistent reputation and caused a huge PR loss for the entire organisation.

Honestly at this point the only thing that could save this is that 2nd turning out into an NHL player.

How is signing Hall a waste? They signed him to compete for a playoff spot, the team sucked, then they moved him for assets. A waste is not trading him.

Man what are you on about? Completely manhandled haha? Don't get why you're getting so dramatic. It's a NMC. Tons of players have them.

How did Adams ruin his reputation? By working with a player that had a NMC? If anything that boosts his reputation with that player's agent.

A HUGE PR LOSS? Lmao what? Signing Hall was huge for PR. Fans were excited in the off season. Not trading Hall, and him leaving in the off season would've been a PR nightmare.
12 avr. 2021 à 18 h 48
What in tarnation
How is signing Hall a waste? They signed him to compete for a playoff spot, the team sucked, then they moved him for assets. A waste is not trading him.

Man what are you on about? Completely manhandled haha? Don't get why you're getting so dramatic. It's a NMC. Tons of players have them.

How did Adams ruin his reputation? By working with a player that had a NMC? If anything that boosts his reputation with that player's agent.

A HUGE PR LOSS? Lmao what? Signing Hall was huge for PR. Fans were excited in the off season. Not trading Hall, and him leaving in the off season would've been a PR nightmare.

The idea of signing him was good, don't get me wrong. The result was terrible, and it went downward, fast.

He manhandled Adams to do exactly what he wanted. It's not a good position for a GM to be in where a player can completely dictate what's going to happen with him - especially after his performance have been far from what he got paid for.

Adams' rep got a hit by trading a former MVP and a "star signing" for a lesser package than a f*cking Sam Bennett got.

The epic failure this season has been is the greatest PR loss, after "bolstering" the team during the offseason. And moving Hall for a terrible price is the icing on the cake, so to speak.

You can go and disagree with me all you like. I personally think this whole episode of signing Hall to Buffalo was a complete failure, and it netted nothing but a 2nd round pick and a bottom-6 winger for them.
12 avr. 2021 à 20 h 10
The idea of signing him was good, don't get me wrong. The result was terrible, and it went downward, fast.

He manhandled Adams to do exactly what he wanted. It's not a good position for a GM to be in where a player can completely dictate what's going to happen with him - especially after his performance have been far from what he got paid for.

Adams' rep got a hit by trading a former MVP and a "star signing" for a lesser package than a f*cking Sam Bennett got.

The epic failure this season has been is the greatest PR loss, after "bolstering" the team during the offseason. And moving Hall for a terrible price is the icing on the cake, so to speak.

You can go and disagree with me all you like. I personally think this whole episode of signing Hall to Buffalo was a complete failure, and it netted nothing but a 2nd round pick and a bottom-6 winger for them.

> Adams' rep got a hit by trading a former MVP and a "star signing" for a lesser package than a f*cking Sam Bennett got.

So you're just throwing all context out of the window?

> He manhandled Adams to do exactly what he wanted. It's not a good position for a GM to be in where a player can completely dictate what's going to happen with him - especially after his performance have been far from what he got paid for.

It's a NMC. Its whole purpose is to give protection to the player. Every team usually has 1 or 2 players with one. Is every GM in the league getting manhandled by their players because they give out a NMC?

> And moving Hall for a terrible price is the icing on the cake, so to speak.

It's what the market dictated. It's not a terrible price because he was playing terrible. If Hall was at a PPG pace and had 15+ goals then it was a terrible price. Fans might've been hoping for more, but under the circumstances of his play + the NMC it wasn't gonna happen.

> You can go and disagree with me all you like. I personally think this whole episode of signing Hall to Buffalo was a complete failure, and it netted nothing but a 2nd round pick and a bottom-6 winger for them.

I'm not disagreeing that the signing turned out to be a failure. I'm disagreeing that you think he was worth more and that they shouldn't have signed him in the first place.
12 avr. 2021 à 20 h 18
What in tarnation
> Adams' rep got a hit by trading a former MVP and a "star signing" for a lesser package than a f*cking Sam Bennett got.

So you're just throwing all context out of the window?

> He manhandled Adams to do exactly what he wanted. It's not a good position for a GM to be in where a player can completely dictate what's going to happen with him - especially after his performance have been far from what he got paid for.

It's a NMC. Its whole purpose is to give protection to the player. Every team usually has 1 or 2 players with one. Is every GM in the league getting manhandled by their players because they give out a NMC?

> And moving Hall for a terrible price is the icing on the cake, so to speak.

It's what the market dictated. It's not a terrible price because he was playing terrible. If Hall was at a PPG pace and had 15+ goals then it was a terrible price. Fans might've been hoping for more, but under the circumstances of his play + the NMC it wasn't gonna happen.

> You can go and disagree with me all you like. I personally think this whole episode of signing Hall to Buffalo was a complete failure, and it netted nothing but a 2nd round pick and a bottom-6 winger for them.

I'm not disagreeing that the signing turned out to be a failure. I'm disagreeing that you think he was worth more and that they shouldn't have signed him in the first place.

What do you mean by throwing out context?

NMCs are normal. Giving a player a chance to say that he accepts a trade only to one team is not. That's not giving him protection, that's giving him all power and leverage. No experienced GM like Lamoriello, Sakic or Yzerman would never let something like that happen, for instance. A player should never become bigger than the team itself, so to speak.

The market dictated that a lot worse players got much better returns. Bennett and Foligno being the king examples of that. Hall has been terrible, yes, but still better than these guys. And this is why I think the current market should've given a better return for the guy.
Rangsey et gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2021 à 21 h 56
What do you mean by throwing out context?

NMCs are normal. Giving a player a chance to say that he accepts a trade only to one team is not. That's not giving him protection, that's giving him all power and leverage. No experienced GM like Lamoriello, Sakic or Yzerman would never let something like that happen, for instance. A player should never become bigger than the team itself, so to speak.

The market dictated that a lot worse players got much better returns. Bennett and Foligno being the king examples of that. Hall has been terrible, yes, but still better than these guys. And this is why I think the current market should've given a better return for the guy.

> What do you mean by throwing out context

One is a RFA / One is a rental

One has a NMC / One doesn't

> Giving a player a chance to say that he accepts a trade only to one team is not.

Uhhhhh that's point of a NMC lmao. Do you not remember Kessel declining those trades? Or Shattenkirk declining trades when he was with St.Louis? Or Staal declining trades when he was with Minnesota. There's like dozens of examples of players nixing trades because they only wanted to go to certain teams.

> Lamoriello, Sakic or Yzerman

Hate to break it to you, but Yzerman gave NMC to players like Tyler Johnson who now they can't get rid of. Lou gives them out like candy. Islanders are in cap hell and had to move out talented guys like Toews instead of other players because of all their NTCs.

> The market dictated that a lot worse players got much better returns. Bennett and Foligno being the king examples of that. Hall has been terrible, yes, but still better than these guys. And this is why I think the current market should've given a better return for the guy.

Dude you just don't seem to understand bargaining power.
12 avr. 2021 à 22 h 33
What in tarnation
> What do you mean by throwing out context

One is a RFA / One is a rental

One has a NMC / One doesn't

> Giving a player a chance to say that he accepts a trade only to one team is not.

Uhhhhh that's point of a NMC lmao. Do you not remember Kessel declining those trades? Or Shattenkirk declining trades when he was with St.Louis? Or Staal declining trades when he was with Minnesota. There's like dozens of examples of players nixing trades because they only wanted to go to certain teams.

> Lamoriello, Sakic or Yzerman

Hate to break it to you, but Yzerman gave NMC to players like Tyler Johnson who now they can't get rid of. Lou gives them out like candy. Islanders are in cap hell and had to move out talented guys like Toews instead of other players because of all their NTCs.

> The market dictated that a lot worse players got much better returns. Bennett and Foligno being the king examples of that. Hall has been terrible, yes, but still better than these guys. And this is why I think the current market should've given a better return for the guy.

Dude you just don't seem to understand bargaining power.

Bennett being a RFA doesn't mean jack because based on his performance this year FLA is not going to pay that QO of his. He's worth like a league-minimum contract, tops, unless he shows something else with the Cats. This is very much looking like an Athanasiou case vol. 2

Point of NMC is to give player some control between choices - not completely force a GMs hand. Apparently there were other teams after the guy like Canes and Isles, but Hall himself decided that he wants to only play for Boston for some reason.

The case with Johnson and Hall are not comparable to each other. In the case of Hall, he completely dictates where he wants to go after some demand. In case of Johnson, he doesn't want to leave Tampa at all. and to be fair teams can't really afford taking that contract in either. I mean who would want to leave Tampa, they're the best team in the league. His full NTC is expiring at the end of this year - he's certainly leaving the team after this season. He probably would've been moved to another contender back in the offseason had his contract been not this long.

I do think Yzerman made a misplay on giving that many players NTCs in Tampa, but he never would've let things go that out of hand. If TJ, or any other player started f*cking around like Hall did, that guy would've been playing in the AHL or sitting in the press box for the rest of the year. Drouin tried that when he was in Tampa, and he got absolutely shafted while trying it.
12 avr. 2021 à 23 h 7
Bennett being a RFA doesn't mean jack because based on his performance this year FLA is not going to pay that QO of his. He's worth like a league-minimum contract, tops, unless he shows something else with the Cats. This is very much looking like an Athanasiou case vol. 2

Point of NMC is to give player some control between choices - not completely force a GMs hand. Apparently there were other teams after the guy like Canes and Isles, but Hall himself decided that he wants to only play for Boston for some reason.

The case with Johnson and Hall are not comparable to each other. In the case of Hall, he completely dictates where he wants to go after some demand. In case of Johnson, he doesn't want to leave Tampa at all. and to be fair teams can't really afford taking that contract in either. I mean who would want to leave Tampa, they're the best team in the league. His full NTC is expiring at the end of this year - he's certainly leaving the team after this season. He probably would've been moved to another contender back in the offseason had his contract been not this long.

I do think Yzerman made a misplay on giving that many players NTCs in Tampa, but he never would've let things go that out of hand. If TJ, or any other player started f*cking around like Hall did, that guy would've been playing in the AHL or sitting in the press box for the rest of the year. Drouin tried that when he was in Tampa, and he got absolutely shafted while trying it.

> Bennett being a RFA doesn't mean jack

Having the rights of a player in the team's control for another year doesn't mean jack? Ok so you really don't know what you're talking about then.

> The case with Johnson and Hall are not comparable to each other. In the case of Hall, he completely dictates where he wants to go after some demand. In case of Johnson, he doesn't want to leave Tampa at all.

Of course they're comparable. Johnson can nix any trade he wants. He decides where he wants to go. Or if he wants to stay in Tampa. BB can't do anything about it. He's "manhandeling" the GM.

Just like Kessel nixed a trade to Minnesota, because he didn't want to go there. Pittsburgh had to take less in a trade because of his NTC.

> or any other player started f*cking around like Hall did, that guy would've been playing in the AHL or sitting in the press box for the rest of the year. Drouin tried that when he was in Tampa, and he got absolutely shafted while trying it.

What do you mean by f*cking around?
16 avr. 2021 à 12 h 37
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,562
Curious how Buffalo fans feel after seeing Bjork for a few games now. Goal and 2 Assist in his first 2 games is a good start for him.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 13 h 14
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 639
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
Thanks for the heads up.
LOL, it only took one exchange for me to block him, so I do not have to deal with him any longer.

I loved Lazar from the time Botterill signed and he did not let me down.
He does everything you said and he was signed for an extra year.

I love signing former first round UFA's
Maybe you read my comments that I wish Adams had signed Pouliot and Pysyk instead of Irwin and Davidson.
They were also former 1st round picks that signed for about the same as Irwin and Davidson.

Regardless, Adams is way over his head.
When Sam Bennett returns more than Hall, you know the GM has not uncovered every rock.
So let me add poor TDL management to substandard UFA signing.

Time will tell on the draft. I cannot see how one could pass over Rossi, but he certainly made up for it by drafting Peterka.

Bottom line, maybe Bjork will turn out while I am not a fan of forwards playing their off hand, I have been told he plays RW.
We could use some more depth at RW, as Sam, Kyle and Tage appear to be who we have now that Lazar has been traded.
We appear to be OK on LW with Jeff and Victor on the top two lines and Asplund (our third Rasmus) and Zemgus on the bottom six.

Speaking of Rasmus, he appears to be a solid line mate of Casey and Tage.
They have been the best line for the last week or so.

Have a good day my friend.

Anders Bjork could not have been any more Anders Bjork since the trade. Even for how good he has been, that OT is him in a nutshell.

He legit should score 25+ goals a season.
16 avr. 2021 à 17 h 57
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,797
Modifié 16 avr. 2021 à 18 h 48
Quoting: Propeller09
Anders Bjork could not have been any more Anders Bjork since the trade. Even for how good he has been, that OT is him in a nutshell.
He legit should score 25+ goals a season.
I sincerely hope you are correct.
He already has 3 pts, which surprised me.
Time will tell, while Lazar did not score in the first meeting, his efforts were certainly noticeable.
His line kept the Sabres penned up while he was on the ice.
He also spent over 3 minutes on the PK against WAS, which was a huge plus.
I guess I can dream a little here and two game does not make a season but, maybe next year:
Skinner Eichel Reinhart
Ruotsalainen Cozens Bjork
Asplund Mittelstadt Thompson
Could prove to be very interesting.

EDIT: LOL I forgot to add Olofsson.
I guess he could be put on the 2nd or 3rd line and move Asplund to the fourth line.
GMTD a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2021 à 21 h 11
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
Quoting: Efmjnc
Thats all it took? wow that is cheaper than I thought for a guy who could become his Hart trophy form from 2018

I mean it wasn’t like Hall was lighting the world on fire this season but this is still a horrendously one sided trade
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
15 févr. 2022 à 18 h 51
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 535
A year later and this trade looks incredibly lop sided & it's not even close
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2022 à 19 h 41
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,686
Hall's full total of reg season numbers thus far w/ BOS:
66_GP 19_G 31_A 50_Pts = 0.76_PPG
Winner-winner, chicken dinner...
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 févr. 2022 à 6 h 19
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
Quoting: McGruff
Hall's full total of reg season numbers thus far w/ BOS:
66_GP 19_G 31_A 50_Pts = 0.76_PPG
Winner-winner, chicken dinner...

The trade was for Hall as a rental. This season doesn't mean anything in the trade.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 févr. 2022 à 11 h 27
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,686
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
The trade was for Hall as a rental. This season doesn't mean anything in the trade.

Means a ton.
He Came. He Saw. He Liked. He Re-upped. He's Productive...
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 févr. 2022 à 11 h 29
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
Quoting: McGruff
Means a ton.
He Came. He Saw. He Liked. He Re-upped. He's Productive...

I'm just saying it has nothing to do with this trade. Buffalo traded him under the assumption that he was leaving in FA. Good on him for finding a good place to play though
McGruff et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2022 à 11 h 47
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 535
Oh man looking back at this trade the fact that Sweeney managed to get Lazar too just makes this trade extremely worse for Adams. Lazar for Bjork shouldn't even be swapped 1 for 1. Leads the Bruins in hits, pk specialist, and can play center, he really anchors that 4th line

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage