SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 4)

8 mai 2021 à 8 h 12
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Quoting: Saskleaf
Collect 100 chords of wood? That sounds like what I'll doing sometime this summer as well lol.

I have a feeling I said it wrong, I put it in the french version. Basically 5-6 big sheds full of wood, the sheds are about the same size as a barn.
8 mai 2021 à 9 h 17
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
We could get our first confirmed playoff matchup today.

Today’s clinching scenarios:

If Tampa Bay loses in regulation, Carolina will clinch 1st in the Central division, and a TBL vs. FLA playoff series in the 1st round will be guaranteed.

If Dallas loses in regulation, they will be eliminated from playoff contention and Nashville will clinch a playoff spot.

If St. Louis wins in any fashion and LA loses in any fashion or if St. Louis gets a point and LA loses in regulation, the Kings will be eliminated from playoff contention and the Blues will clinch a playoff spot.

If Vegas wins in any fashion and Minnesota loses in regulation, the Golden Knights will clinch home ice in the 1st round of the playoffs.

If Anaheim loses in regulation, they will clinch 30th place in the NHL (2nd in lottery order).

If Toronto gets one point tonight they clinch first in North
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 9 h 21
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
You pretty much predicted my size, I’m 5 foot 9 and a half and 150 pounds. I’m not worried about my diet it always has been great. The thing I’m more worried about is my flexibility, I’ve never been flexible at all and it could help me prevent injuries, which I’ve already have had in the past. A year ago I tore a couple of ligaments in my hip area trying to hit a guy, but he jumped out of the way like a little p*ssy, in causing that I was going full speed (my biggest strength in hockey without a doubt), and my hip got stuck in him and I went flying (coincidentally I scored the game winner that night after I got injured). I kind of neglected the injury because I played the next day, 12 hours after the last game, and then played in both the semifinals and the finals. My hip is fine to this day, but sometimes it gets way too tight and it causes minor problems (only happened like once since, like in February this year). In my training I do a lot of different things, back workouts, arm workouts, cardio workouts, leg workouts, chest workouts and ab workouts. I have my way of things, I improved my strength by helping my grandfather collect 100 cords of wood this year, I practice Boxing to help cardio (do a 20 minute boxing workout full energy you’ll be gassed at the end of it) and to work my positioning. I skate really fast, but I want to become faster so I do long runs and sprints, after that I do the usual ****thenics like push ups and that kind of stuff to help all around. I’m trying to keep this up with my school work (I have a 95.57 average so I’m good there).

Body check 'em
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 9 h 47
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Modifié 8 mai 2021 à 12 h 33
Today’s clinching scenarios:

If Toronto gets a point or Edmonton loses in any fashion, the Leafs will clinch 1st in the North division.

If Winnipeg wins in any fashion and Montréal loses in regulation, a EDM vs. WPG playoff series in the first round is guaranteed.

If Edmonton gets a point or Winnipeg loses in any fashion, the Oilers will clinch home ice in the first round of the playoffs.

If Montréal wins in any fashion and Vancouver loses in any fashion or if Montréal gets a point and Vancouver loses in regulation, the Canadiens will clinch a playoff spot and Vancouver will be eliminated from playoff contention.

If Montréal gets a point, Calgary will be eliminated from playoff contention.

If Nashville wins in any fashion, they will clinch a playoff spot and a CAR vs. NSH playoff series will be confirmed. Dallas will also be eliminated from playoff contention.

If Tampa Bay wins in regulation, they will clinch home ice in their series against Florida.

If the Islanders lose in any fashion or Boston gets a point, the Islanders will clinch 4th in the East division and will play whoever finishes first.

If Pittsburgh loses in regulation and Washington wins in regulation and Boston loses in regulation, the Capitals will clinch 1st in the East division.

If Pittsburgh loses in regulation and Washington wins in regulation and Boston loses in regulation and the Islanders lose in any fashion, the playoff series will be WSH vs. NYI and PIT vs. BOS in the first round.

If Minnesota loses in regulation or Minnesota gets a point and Vegas gets a point or if Vegas wins in any fashion the Golden Knights will clinch home ice in the first round.

If Anaheim loses in any fashion or Vancouver gets a point, they will clinch 30th place in the NHL (2nd in lottery order).

Also, here’s the possible playoff scenarios as of this morning:

CAR vs. NSH/DAL
TBL/FLA vs. TBL/FLA

VGK/COL/MIN vs. STL
VGK/COL/MIN vs. VGK/COL/MIN

PIT/WSH/BOS vs. BOS/NYI
PIT/WSH/BOS vs. PIT/WSH/BOS/NYI

TOR/EDM vs. WPG/MTL
TOR/EDM/WPG vs. EDM/WPG/MTL

Also no one can clinch anything today, but the 3 teams in the running for the president’s trophy are CAR, VGK, and COL.
8 mai 2021 à 10 h 15
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
I have a feeling I said it wrong, I put it in the french version. Basically 5-6 big sheds full of wood, the sheds are about the same size as a barn.

Ok, maybe not that much.

But probably 40 or so?

Winter lasts about 6 months and my family and I heat with wood, so there's a lot of wood.
MitchMarner_16 et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 11 h 28
Jinx god
Modifié 8 mai 2021 à 11 h 41
Quoting: Saskleaf
Ok, maybe not that much.

But probably 40 or so?

Winter lasts about 6 months and my family and I heat with wood, so there's a lot of wood.

Same, it’s the only reason I do it, also it makes my grandfather happy while I’m also doing training so I just love doing it. In Canada it’s always cold, we go from November to April with the heating. I also helped my grandfather do 120 cords at a company that payed him to do it. I didn’t do it all, but I did a little but of it.
MitchMarner_16 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 12 h 14
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
That is my total average in everything, my brother is two years older than me and he has a 98.94 average. He’s really focused on his school work, I’m more or less interested in different stuff like sports and that stuff.

I played A hockey two years ago, this year I played AA hockey in a pretty much f*cked up season. We were 9-0-1 at the start of the season after that we went into lockdown for one month and a half, we only played exhibitions after that. Our biggest game this season was when we almost beat a AAA team who was ranked 3rd, I think. They were up 2-1, when I ripped a shot of the glass onto my teammate and into the net, I was so happy, it was 2-2, but at the 1 minute mark left of the game the puck was in between our goalie and the other player, he tried to poke it, but he couldn’t (he played an incredible game so I don’t blame him). Final score was 3-2. Next year I’m trying to make the high school team next year, hopefully I’ll make it!

Hope you make it... sounds like you guys had a really good team last year!
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 12 h 20
Former Hockey Fan
Somehow I forgot to consider the possibility of the Pens clinching 1st. So I’m addition to the others, there’s this:

If Pittsburgh wins in any fashion and Washington loses in any fashion or Pittsburgh gets a point and Washington loses in regulation, the Penguins will clinch 1st in the east division.

If Pittsburgh clinches first (see above) and the Islanders lose in any fashion or Boston gets a point, the playoff series will be PIT vs. NYI and WSH vs. BOS in the first round.
8 mai 2021 à 12 h 28
Jinx god
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Hope you make it... sounds like you guys had a really good team last year!

Thanks! We had 5 first years on our roster this year, the year before that we were bottom of the league with almost all first years. Really big difference in level from last year to this year.
TheFlamingC a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 13 h 32
Former Hockey Fan
Phillip Danault has a concussion. I’d like to congratulate the Maple Leafs on making the 2nd round of the playoffs for the first time since 2004.
EsoYeezus69, LeafsFanForSomeReason, A_Habs_fan and 4 others a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 13 h 36
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
Phillip Danault has a concussion. I’d like to congratulate the Maple Leafs on making the 2nd round of the playoffs for the first time since 2004.

Shut up, you're just trying to make it even more painful when the Leafs lose anyways lol.
Kotkaniemi15, yikes, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 13 h 38
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Shut up, you're just trying to make it even more painful when the Leafs lose anyways lol.

I wish that were the case.
A_Habs_fan, LeafsFanForSomeReason, yikes and 3 others a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 13 h 39
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293

We are literally missing like half of our roster, we’d need a miracle to win
Kotkaniemi15, LeafsFanForSomeReason, yikes and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 13 h 47
I wish that were the case.

Quoting: A_Habs_fan

It's the Leafs. You know that you're getting that miracle. 4-1, David Ayres, Covid Canucks... The Leafs are the team that you beat when all odds are against you.
MitchMarner_16 et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 13 h 49

Also, did they say how long he's out? Cause the timeline can vary with concussions and the playoff's won't start for like at least two weeks, probably.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 14 h 0
Former Hockey Fan
Also, did they say how long he's out? Cause the timeline can vary with concussions and the playoff's won't start for like at least two weeks, probably.

The habs vs. Leafs series will likely start a week from tomorrow. So Danault’s going to miss at least half of the possible 7 games, which is enough for it to be impossible for the habs to come back.
8 mai 2021 à 14 h 4
The habs vs. Leafs series will likely start a week from tomorrow. So Danault’s going to miss at least half of the possible 7 games, which is enough for it to be impossible for the habs to come back.

Week from tomorrow? I thought I read that the 21st was the target date.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 14 h 33
Jinx god

Welcome to our world, half of our roster are playing injured.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 15 h 10
Former Hockey Fan
Week from tomorrow? I thought I read that the 21st was the target date.

That’s only if Vancouver or Calgary make the playoffs. Montreal finishes up on the 12th, and Toronto finishes up on the 14th, so it makes sense that they could start playing on the 16th. And the EDM vs. WPG series could start on the 17th. VAN & CGY can play their last 3 games while the playoffs are happening since they don’t have any effect on the playoffs.
8 mai 2021 à 16 h 25
It's the Leafs. You know that you're getting that miracle. 4-1, David Ayres, Covid Canucks... The Leafs are the team that you beat when all odds are against you.

Well if Price comes back and plays like he did against the Pens and most of our forwards are healthy and learn how to score again we’d have a shot but this is the year the leafs break all the narratives
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 16 h 35
Well if Price comes back and plays like he did against the Pens and most of our forwards are healthy and learn how to score again we’d have a shot but this is the year the leafs break all the narratives

Well, I hope you're right.
8 mai 2021 à 20 h 3
Former Hockey Fan
So Washington is currently without their 3 best forwards, their #1D, and their #1 goalie. And Wilson just left the game. Not ideal.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 20 h 8
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
So Washington is currently without their 3 best forwards, their #1D, and their #1 goalie. And Wilson just left the game. Not ideal.

I don't feel bad for them. At all. Detestable organization
A_Habs_fan et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2021 à 20 h 11
Jinx god
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
I don't feel bad for them. At all. Detestable organization

What about Hank? It’s really not fitting that he signed with that team tbh.
8 mai 2021 à 20 h 11
What about Hank? It’s really not fitting that he signed with that team tbh.

Hank’s not even playing so I don’t think it matters what teams he signed with

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage