SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 4)

22 avr. 2021 à 13 h 10
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,291
Quoting: Saskleaf
If what he says is true, he has every right to be mad.

But i also understand why the NHL would go back on it, being vaccinated especially with only 1 dose doesn't change that much, it gives you slight immunity and less symptoms if you catch it but 2 doses should be when you're allowed to be a lot more free
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 13 h 15
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
But i also understand why the NHL would go back on it, being vaccinated especially with only 1 dose doesn't change that much

I do kind of understand where the nhl is coming from with the "conpetative advantage"
But then they should have been more clear that the vaccine wasn't needed.
I'd be mad anyway if I took the vaccine because I thought it would help ease restrictions, but in reality did absolutely nothing to help anything.
22 avr. 2021 à 13 h 16
I do kind of understand where the nhl is coming from with the "conpetative advantage"
I'd be mad anyway if I took the vaccine because I thought it would help ease restrictions, but in reality did absolutely nothing to help anything.

well i updated my explanation, and also he would've needed to take the vaccine sometime anyways
Saskleaf et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 13 h 26
Go leafs go
well i updated my explanation, and also he would've needed to take the vaccine sometime anyways

Ya, probably.
22 avr. 2021 à 13 h 40
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516

Sure it wouldn’t be a good thing if someone told something to Robin that wasn’t true, but how is anyone surprised by the actual situation? And the vaccine is something that everyone on earth needs to take at one point or another if they want to get on with their lives, so whining about the NHL “forcing” him to take the vaccine is ridiculous.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 13 h 48
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
If what he says is true, he has every right to be mad.

Oh, it's true all right.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 13 h 50
I heff to be mad...
FOLIGNO IS PLAYING WITH MATTHEWS AND MARNER
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 13 h 54
Pain.
Mentions "j'aime": 29
I've been gone for a year. I haven't been around hockey circles in a while. Nick Foligno is a Maple Leaf? Jumbo is on Toronto? What the hell happened
22 avr. 2021 à 14 h 0
I heff to be mad...
Quoting: RagingSharksFan
I've been gone for a year. I haven't been around hockey circles in a while. Nick Foligno is a Maple Leaf? Jumbo is on Toronto? What the hell happened

Welcome back then!
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 14 h 1
Go leafs go
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Sure it wouldn’t be a good thing if someone told something to Robin that wasn’t true, but how is anyone surprised by the actual situation? And the vaccine is something that everyone on earth needs to take at one point or another if they want to get on with their lives, so whining about the NHL “forcing” him to take the vaccine is ridiculous.

Whining about the nhl forcing him to take it (it's certainly possible the nhl did not force him to take it though) is a perfectly valid complaint. The nhl should not be force anything on anyone.
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 14 h 3
Whining about the nhl forcing him to take it (it's certainly possible the nhl did not force him to take it though) is a perfectly valid complaint. The nhl should not be force anything on anyone.

well if not taking the vaccine endangers the life of all their teammates imo the NHL can say get a vaccine or get lost
22 avr. 2021 à 14 h 8
Pain.
Mentions "j'aime": 29
well if not taking the vaccine endangers the life of all their teammates imo the NHL can say get a vaccine or get lost

The NHL probably didn't force Lehner, but they did say that Anyone who wants to take it can take it, and those that don't are okay as well not to do so.
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 14 h 23
Go leafs go

If that was true, I agree. It would not be good to have people's live's at risk.

Also if that was true, the vaccine is kind of pointless, isn't it? Isn't the whole point of a vaccine to give you immunity to a disease or at least make symptoms less? No one in the nhl has been seriously sick from this, in other words no one has been out long term. So if the lives of nhl players are being endangered, then the vaccine isn't really helping, is it? It would be smart just to shut the whole league down if people's lives were actually at risk.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 17 h 21
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
What are your opinions on the Anderson goal that was challenged? For me it's a good goal since Smith was out of the crease, Anderson was playing the puck and it didn't directly affect the play

That challenge was crazy stupid. One of the quickest reviews I've ever seen after coach's challenge. Oilers still almost tied the game. Imagine if they'd had the entire 4 minute PP! Moral of the story for both teams: The game is never over til 0:00 when you have McDavid on the ice.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 17 h 29
The NHL probably didn't force Lehner, but they did say that Anyone who wants to take it can take it, and those that don't are okay as well not to do so.

NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daley already stated that the league will not require players to be vaccinated.
RagingSharksFan a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 17 h 35
If that was true, I agree. It would not be good to have people's live's at risk.

Also if that was true, the vaccine is kind of pointless, isn't it? Isn't the whole point of a vaccine to give you immunity to a disease or at least make symptoms less? No one in the nhl has been seriously sick from this, in other words no one has been out long term. So if the lives of nhl players are being endangered, then the vaccine isn't really helping, is it? It would be smart just to shut the whole league down if people's lives were actually at risk.

If lives were at risk the NHL would not be playing games this season. It's that simple. NHLPA would never allow its players to be at risk. The virus is very serious for the elderly and people with serious underlying health conditions. Top athletes are at a negligible risk for serious illness. The fact that no professional athletes have been seriously ill proves that. That being said, players have parents and grandparents. Individual accountability and caution are still of paramount importance.
22 avr. 2021 à 17 h 39

You missed Jumbo early on in the season when he was actually productive, lol. I hope Foligno picks up Jumbo's slack.
RagingSharksFan a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 18 h 2
Go leafs go
Quoting: Brian2016
If lives were at risk the NHL would not be playing games this season. It's that simple. NHLPA would never allow its players to be at risk. The virus is very serious for the elderly and people with serious underlying health conditions. Top athletes are at a negligible risk for serious illness. The fact that no professional athletes have been seriously ill proves that. That being said, players have parents and grandparents. Individual accountability and caution are still of paramount importance.

I argee 100%.
22 avr. 2021 à 18 h 34
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Modifié 22 avr. 2021 à 18 h 44

I believe that all the players that got the vaccine, were under the impression that they could do more things while at home and on the road (eat at a restaurant, catch a movie, etc).

The league is saying that fully vaccinated players must still comply to all restrictions due to the fact that it could cause "competetive advantage" which is absolute BS imo. The league says they must comply with all guidelines and restrictions until ALL NHL players and staff are fully vaccinated.

If I'm Lehner, or anyone who's vaccinated for that matter, I'm asking, "Why the heck did i get this vaccine, if it means I still have to comply to all these restrictions?" IMO Lehner's response is justified. I'd be p*ssed too if I'm fully vaccinated for a disease, yet I still must comply to all these extremely strict restrictions to not get infected with that disease that I got a shot for!
Saskleaf et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 18 h 44
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
I believe that all the players that got the vaccine, were under the impression that they could do more things while at home and on the road (eat at a restaurant, catch a movie, etc).

The league is saying that fully vaccinated players must still comply to all restrictions due to the fact that it could cause "competetive advantage" which is absolute BS imo. The league says they must comply with all guidelines and restrictions until ALL NHL players and staff are fully vaccinated.

If I'm Lehner, or anyone who's vaccinated for that matter, I'm asking, "Why the heck did i get this vaccine, if it means I still have to comply to all these restrictions?" IMO Lehner's response is justified. I'd be pissed too if I'm fully vaccinated for a disease, yet I still must comply to all these extremely strict restrictions to not get infected with that disease that I got a shot for!

You realize that everyone is going to need to get a vaccine anyways, and getting it now instead of later causes absolutely zero inconvenience as opposed to getting it later.

Obviously if the NHL lied about something, that’s wrong and they shouldn’t have done that. But other than that, the arguments are ridiculous.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 18 h 49
You realize that everyone is going to need to get a vaccine anyways, and getting it now instead of later causes absolutely zero inconvenience as opposed to getting it later.

Obviously if the NHL lied about something, that’s wrong and they shouldn’t have done that. But other than that, the arguments are ridiculous.

I believe that it is wrong to make someone get a vaccination for them to be able to work or enjoy life. The NHL should not make players get vaccines. No one should.

I am not anti-vaccine, I just don't trust it just yet, and I dont think I am alone in my thinking. That said, I don't think anyone should be forced to get a vaccine or they lose priveleges, no matter how serious the disease is.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 19 h 50
Former Hockey Fan
I believe that it is wrong to make someone get a vaccination for them to be able to work or enjoy life. The NHL should not make players get vaccines. No one should.

I am not anti-vaccine, I just don't trust it just yet, and I dont think I am alone in my thinking. That said, I don't think anyone should be forced to get a vaccine or they lose priveleges, no matter how serious the disease is.

“I’m not anti-vaccine, I just don’t trust [them]”

Ok, you definitely sound like a very sane person and not a crazy conspiracy theorist at all.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 19 h 50
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169

Incredibly selfish take. Vaccinations and safety measures aren't just about you.
Kotkaniemi15 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 19 h 53
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: mondo
Incredibly selfish take. Vaccinations and safety measures aren't just about you.

Exactly. It’s legal for people to smoke cigarettes, but it’s not legal to smoke cigarettes inside of a business that doesn’t allow them. So by not taking the vaccine you are risking the health of other people, not just your own.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2021 à 20 h 6
“I’m not anti-vaccine, I just don’t trust [them]”

Ok, you definitely sound like a very sane person and not a crazy conspiracy theorist at all.

Quoting: mondo

Wow. I say I’m going to wait a little bit before I get the vaccine and im labeled a selfish conspiracy theorist. Real mature boys.

I’m not one of those people who thinks bill gates and George soros are trying to inject you with chips and take over the world.

All I’m saying, is that everyone should have the right to choose. The vaccine should be strongly recommended for everyone, but not mandatory. People, whether nhl players or not, have the right to choose. That right should always be preserved. That’s all I’m saying.
KakkoForMauriceRichardAward, Saskleaf, Brian2016 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage