SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 4)

15 avr. 2021 à 20 h 7
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Why is no one talking about how great we are at 5v5???

We’ve scored all our goals recently with no help from the PP!

The PP being atrocious could really ruin the Leafs' SC run. That's the kind of things that can cost you a series
15 avr. 2021 à 20 h 39
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
The PP being atrocious could really ruin the Leafs' SC run. That's the kind of things that can cost you a series

That's what I've been saying. If it doesn't figure itself out soon, they've got to ditch Malhotra and bring in somebody else. Can't go into the playoffs with the PP that stale.
15 avr. 2021 à 20 h 40
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
That's what I've been saying. If it doesn't figure itself out soon, they've got to ditch Malhotra and bring in somebody else. Can't go into the playoffs with the PP that stale.

I'd keep him for the faceoffs and things like that but yeah let someone else run the PP
15 avr. 2021 à 20 h 49
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Why is no one talking about how great we are at 5v5???

We’ve scored all our goals recently with no help from the PP!

because blue team bad
MitchMarner_16, Saskleaf et yikes a aimé ceci.
15 avr. 2021 à 22 h 40
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
It's time for my monthly key player award winner predictions.

Last month, I predicted the awards to go as such:

Quoting: justaboss
Art Ross: Connor McDavid, EDM

Maurice Richard: Auston Matthews, TOR

Ted Lindsay: Connor McDavid, EDM

Hart: Aleksander Barkov, FLA

Norris: Victor Hedman, TB

Calder: Kirill Kaprizov, MIN

Selke: Mark Stone, VGK

Vezina: Andrei Vasilevski, TB

Honestly, not much has changed to this month, but let's go through them in detail.

April award predictions

- that ain't gonna change if he remains healthy. He's winning that award with no clear challengers.

- same as McDavid. Basically the difference between first and second (currently Rantanen at 26 goals) is just too big to get caught. It's amazing that he can score at this rate in 5v5 hockey, considering that TOR PP is absolutely cancerous right now.

- players will rate this performance to a new high. McDavid deserves this award, no question.

Hart: Connor McDavid, EDM
- this is the award that conflicts me the most. There's many, many options for this award, like Kane, Barkov, Matthews, MacKinnon and Scheifele. I decided to give this award to the guy who has played this year constantly in the level no one has been able to match, also based on the help they get. I'd like to note that if Chicago makes the playoffs, I think I would've given this award to Patrick Kane, because he plays probably the best hockey of his career, and his teammates aren't exactly the top notch guys like for instance McDavid and Matthews get to play with. But at the end of the day, it seems that CHI is going to miss the playoffs, and so my vote goes for McDavid. Edmonton as a team has 134 goals, and McDavid has scored 69 points, meaning that he's been a key part of over a half of the goals the whole Oilers team has scored. That thing proves his value for his team more than anything imo.

Norris: Victor Hedman, TB.
- Hedman's the best D in the league. His play has zero weaknesses. Imo there's no true competition for the first place with this award, especially now after Ekblad's season-ending injury. Other noteworthy D-men I'd like to give huge credit for are Dougie Hamilton, Adam Fox and Devon Toews. All 3 of them have had absolutely amazing seasons.

Calder: Jason Robertson, DAL
- I'm taking one towards home with this award. Huge props for Kaprizov for having an amazing debut year, but he has the experience of playing a top level league in KHL for several years to the point of dominating there. Robertson is playing only his second year against adults, and he's absolutely killing it. He's been a point per game player for the last month. Probably a bit biased pick coming from a Stars fan, but I don't really mind. I'm predicting that JRob will get every vote he deserves here to steal the award at the end of the day.

Selke: Aleksander Barkov, FLA
- this guy has played a top level year. I'd say he's right now the 3rd best center in the league, and the best one defensively. No weaknesses on his game, the guy is developing, he's played absolutely amazing year while playing most of the season with linemates such as Carter Verhaeghe and Mason Marchment...not exactly the guys you expect him to score on over a point per game rate. The guy makes everyone around him better. And I gotta say as well that Verhaeghe has been a super acquisition from Zito. He's also been superlative asset for the Cats.

Vezina: Andrei Vasilevskiy
- it's gotta be Vasy. He keeps winning and winning. I just don't see anyone challenging the guy this year. Only Fleury come close, and the difference between the two has increased from last month. As a Finn though, I gotta give a shoutout for Juuse Saros. If only he had played the whole year like he has played the last month. Tonight against Canes he had a bit weaker game, but before this he played 12 games, only letting 16 goals by him and having SV% of .0958. Keep that up long-term and there's a Vezina winner for you - no question.

I'm interested to hear your opinions on my picks, if you have some.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 0 h 4
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Quoting: justaBoss
It's time for my monthly key player award winner predictions.

Last month, I predicted the awards to go as such:

Honestly, not much has changed to this month, but let's go through them in detail.

April award predictions

- that ain't gonna change if he remains healthy. He's winning that award with no clear challengers.

- same as McDavid. Basically the difference between first and second (currently Rantanen at 26 goals) is just too big to get caught. It's amazing that he can score at this rate in 5v5 hockey, considering that TOR PP is absolutely cancerous right now.

- players will rate this performance to a new high. McDavid deserves this award, no question.

Hart: Connor McDavid, EDM
- this is the award that conflicts me the most. There's many, many options for this award, like Kane, Barkov, Matthews, MacKinnon and Scheifele. I decided to give this award to the guy who has played this year constantly in the level no one has been able to match, also based on the help they get. I'd like to note that if Chicago makes the playoffs, I think I would've given this award to Patrick Kane, because he plays probably the best hockey of his career, and his teammates aren't exactly the top notch guys like for instance McDavid and Matthews get to play with. But at the end of the day, it seems that CHI is going to miss the playoffs, and so my vote goes for McDavid. Edmonton as a team has 134 goals, and McDavid has scored 69 points, meaning that he's been a key part of over a half of the goals the whole Oilers team has scored. That thing proves his value for his team more than anything imo.

Norris: Victor Hedman, TB.
- Hedman's the best D in the league. His play has zero weaknesses. Imo there's no true competition for the first place with this award, especially now after Ekblad's season-ending injury. Other noteworthy D-men I'd like to give huge credit for are Dougie Hamilton, Adam Fox and Devon Toews. All 3 of them have had absolutely amazing seasons.

Calder: Jason Robertson, DAL
- I'm taking one towards home with this award. Huge props for Kaprizov for having an amazing debut year, but he has the experience of playing a top level league in KHL for several years to the point of dominating there. Robertson is playing only his second year against adults, and he's absolutely killing it. He's been a point per game player for the last month. Probably a bit biased pick coming from a Stars fan, but I don't really mind. I'm predicting that JRob will get every vote he deserves here to steal the award at the end of the day.

Selke: Aleksander Barkov, FLA
- this guy has played a top level year. I'd say he's right now the 3rd best center in the league, and the best one defensively. No weaknesses on his game, the guy is developing, he's played absolutely amazing year while playing most of the season with linemates such as Carter Verhaeghe and Mason Marchment...not exactly the guys you expect him to score on over a point per game rate. The guy makes everyone around him better. And I gotta say as well that Verhaeghe has been a super acquisition from Zito. He's also been superlative asset for the Cats.

Vezina: Andrei Vasilevskiy
- it's gotta be Vasy. He keeps winning and winning. I just don't see anyone challenging the guy this year. Only Fleury come close, and the difference between the two has increased from last month. As a Finn though, I gotta give a shoutout for Juuse Saros. If only he had played the whole year like he has played the last month. Tonight against Canes he had a bit weaker game, but before this he played 12 games, only letting 16 goals by him and having SV% of .0958. Keep that up long-term and there's a Vezina winner for you - no question.

I'm interested to hear your opinions on my picks, if you have some.

Still absolutely bamboozled that we let this champ go for two late second rounders
justaBoss et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 0 h 14
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Still absolutely bamboozled that we let this champ go for two late second rounders

G R I T > talented players that are good enough to be top a pairing defender on most teams - and at least still a top 4 caliber defender who can play both ends but mainly be enjoyably reliable
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 2 h 53
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

tears of joy uh... this is one that you could regret typing LMFAO; we could be coming back to this one.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 6 h 12
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Lightning have placed Stamkos on LTIR so expect Kucherov to have suddenly “healed”
AndrewLadd, Saskleaf et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 10 h 8
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
Rittich played great, unfortunately, no one else did
Saskleaf et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 10 h 11
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Lightning have placed Stamkos on LTIR so expect Kucherov to have suddenly “healed”

Even if he were healthy, the Bolts are so tight to the cap they can’t even afford Kucherov’s extra $1 million in his cap hit.
16 avr. 2021 à 10 h 31
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Even if he were healthy, the Bolts are so tight to the cap they can’t even afford Kucherov’s extra $1 million in his cap hit.

They'll find a way... they are the best at finding cap loopholes.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 10 h 33
Quoting: Saskleaf
They'll find a way... they are the best at finding cap loopholes.

Yep, don’t know why the NHL hasn’t looked a bit in the Kucherov situation
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 10 h 40
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Yep, don’t know why the NHL hasn’t looked a bit in the Kucherov situation

Yes, it should be against the rules. I'm not convinced for a second Kuch should be out right now. At the beginning, yes, but he should be healthy by now.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 10 h 41
Quoting: Saskleaf
Yes, it should be against the rules. I'm not convinced for a second Kuch should be out right now. At the beginning, yes, but he should be healthy by now.

Well if all my facts are correct, Tampa delayed Kuch’s surgery thus making his return date later and also I mean they said he was practicing like halfway through the year but will only be back for the playoffs which is definitely questionable
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
17 avr. 2021 à 13 h 1
Brace for the Storm
Ryan Strome is having such an underrated season. Dude just scored his 13th goal and he's not got 40 pts in 44 games

«He'S jUsT a PrOdUcT oF pAnArIn»
17 avr. 2021 à 13 h 45
Jinx god
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Andrew Cogliano has more hits than Bogo and Kassian… Let that sink in
17 avr. 2021 à 13 h 53
Brace for the Storm
Panarin has another 3 pt game, dude's on fire
17 avr. 2021 à 14 h 40
Brace for the Storm
Godammit don't blow this, Rangers
17 avr. 2021 à 14 h 59
Brace for the Storm
BUCHNEVICH HAT TRICK ALERT
17 avr. 2021 à 18 h 39
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Oh by the way, Buffalo is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
Saskleaf, MitchMarner_16, EsoYeezus69 and 4 others a aimé ceci.
17 avr. 2021 à 22 h 7
EklundCelebriniSmith
“Shocking” news:

Shark bad.
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
17 avr. 2021 à 22 h 53
Jinx god
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Dallas will maybe actually do the playoffs. 1 point off the Hawks and 2 games on them, 3 points off the Preds and 3 games in hand. Plus Seguin and Kiviranta are rumored to return next week.

PS: JRob's new nickname should be RoboCalder.
18 avr. 2021 à 18 h 19
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Not vibing w the decision to take out Dobson for Coburn, no overreaction here just pain
EsoYeezus69 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2021 à 20 h 1
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Not vibing w the decision to take out Dobson for Coburn, no overreaction here just pain

Trotz be like: washed up veterans go brrrrrrrr
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage