SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Kinda Early Rankings

Kinda Early Rankings

Cuvée de repêchage: 2021
Créé par: BruinsFan35
Publié: 9 avr. 2021 à 21 h 24
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Productive 2 way defenseman. Not exactly a future Norris winner, but an elite #2/ Low-to-mid range #1 defender with ice time on the power play and maybe second penalty kill unit.
2Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Choix au repêchage retiréOne of the few forwards I project as a solid top liner and power play staple. Future 40 goal, 75+ points guy. Both wing flexibility. Could be lethal if paired with playmaking center.
3Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Excellent size and offensive ability for a defenseman. Will have to gain some consistency in his own end, but could be a good #2 d-man in the NHL. Definitely a power play guy, but probably looked over on the penalty kill, which is a shame due to his size.
4Logo de Bruins de Boston-This guy isn't talked about quite enough. Solid two-way game and has very good instincts in all three zones. Could actually end up as a low end #1 defenseman at the NHL level, but I think he's safer as a high end #2 that can play safely in all special teams situations.
5Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-The perfect playmaking center. Good skater, decent shot but certainly more of a pass-first guy. I project him to be a solid top six center, maybe a first liner but probably no more than a 60-65 point player with penalty kill time, maybe second unit power play. Better defensively and plays smarter than Johnson, which is why he's higher.
6Logo de Flames de Calgary-Purely offensive center, not much to offer in the way of a defensive game. Needs to bulk up. May benefit by switching to a winger spot due to lack of size and defensive ability. Probably a future first liner, but only if paired with defensively responsible wingers. Perennial 70-75 point player and definitely a power play mainstay.
7Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Elite goalie. Good puck tracking skills that make up for maybe a little more stiffness than last year's Askarov. More of a technically sound goalie than Askarov last year. Probably good enough to be in the NHL right now as a backup. Future Vezina candidate.
8Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-Smart player with great puck skills. Can burn defenders in many ways. Has center flexibility, but his lack of size probably keeps him on the wing in the NHL. Not a great skater. I have one concerns about his ability to translate his game to the smaller rinks in North America due to lack of size and skating ability, but his skills with the puck make him an enticing selection. Future second line winger, 65 point upside. Second unit power play but avoid the penalty kill at all costs. May be more of a project than those above him.
9Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-Elusive playmaking winger who can easily beat opposing defenders with his great speed and puck handling ability. Benefits greatly from the transition game and the larger rinks in Sweden make him, like Eklund, a little worrisome for me. Can play both wings. Potential low-end first liner, but would probably be best fit in a second-line spot with ample power play time. Perennial 60+ points but has potential for more if placed on a line with some good shooters.
10Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Not much in the way of an offensive game that will translate to the NHL, but Raty is a solid two-way center that can play wing when needed. He is a really strong skater and protects the puck extremely well. He will probably cap out as a middle-six center with penalty kill time, but his point totals really hard for me to predict with any sort of certainty. If I am right, and his offense doesn't translate well to the North American game, you may only be looking at like 30-35 points from him. At most, I'd say he hits 50. Definitely not a power play forward, but would fit in well on the top penalty kill unit. However, whoever drafts Raty is not drafting him with the aspirations of a top line, 80+ point player, as that's just not his game. Wouldn't be shocked to hear his name swirling around in the Selke conversation in the future.
11Logo de Stars de Dallas-Excellent offensive center with great hockey sense and one of the best shots in the class. He is a little injury prone and has average at best skating ability, but has all of the tools to get past his lack of speed and agility with how good of a puck handler he is. He is also extremely one-dimensional, as he does not play defense at all. He is, however, the best face-off taker in the class. Potential 30 goal, 50-55 point player, but is definitely not a first liner. Second line and top power play is the best bet for him.
12Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Large frame and strong skater makes him an enticing option for the top 15 picks. However, Edvinsson is extremely raw in every facet of the game other than skating, which may too much of a risk to take with such a high selection. Needs to learn timing and positioning in his own end, as he is beaten very easily, despite his long reach and big frame. He is certainly a project, but may actually benefit from the smaller North American rinks. Edvinsson will struggle offensively in the NHL, but could become a decent #4/low-end #3 shut-down type defender with potential for second unit penalty killing.
13Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-This kid should be higher on this list, as I think he is a top 5 (maybe even top 3) forward in this class. Elite playmaking ability, skating, and shooting makes him a nightmare in the offensive zone. A good hockey sense and an above-average defensive ability also compliments his offensive work. Needs to utilize his shot more often, and could benefit from a little more explosiveness. He could be an elite second liner at the NHL level and may become decent top liner. He's also an option for any special teams situation, but should be a great power play quarterback.
14Logo de Panthers de la Floride-
Matthew Coronato
Natural scoring ability is hindered by lack of skating ability, but Coronato is a solid prospect that could very easily translate into NHL success. He plays a very consistent and well-rounded game that should be exciting for any team that takes him. Aside from skating, he is good at everything, but isn't great at anything, so he will need a lot of time to develop. Overall, Coronato projects as a solid 2C that can be relied on for 50-55 points and could play on both the power play and penalty kill, but probably not first unit for either.
15Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Good skater and a high motor makes Stankoven really exciting to watch, but his lack of size scares me as a potential pickup. Stankoven is a little inconsistent on his passing game, but can sometimes make really difficult passes that are quite impressive. His shot is also quite lethal. He leaves a lot to be desired in terms of a defensive game, but could become a 50-55 point scorer in the NHL, gaining second line minutes with primary power play time.
16Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Hard working forward with above-average hands and a good shot. Has a real nose for the net that can make him hard to stop, but needs to learn to utilize his shot more often. He has developed as a passer throughout the year, which bodes well for his future. Robertsson seems to project as a future middle-six winger that can put up 25 goals, 45-50 points. Reminds me a little of a smaller Charlie Coyle but with a better shot. probably not your first choice for any special teams.
17Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Pro-ready size and defensive game gives Lambos the highest floor of any defenseman the class (yes you read that correctly). Lambos is good in transition and understands when to join the rush, but is also sound in his own end. However, his upside concerns me, as he really hasn't progressed at all since his early days last year in Winnipeg.e projects as a mediocre #3 d-man, probably best suited a a #4. Second unit special teams may also suit him well, but I'd hesitate on the power play.
18Logo de Predators de Nashville-One of the best shots in the class, Duke is certainly not afraid to use it. However, he needs to develop the rest of his offensive game, as his skating, and playmaking abilities are average at best. Duke doesn't offer a to defensively, but isn't a liability either, and fights through contact really well despite his size. Overall, a third line winger is probably the best you'll get with Duke, but he'll produce really well in a depth scoring role. I predict a perennial 20-25 goal scorer out of Duke, and a solid first power play member.
19Logo de Devils du New Jersey-A solid skating defenseman, but Ceulemans is waaaaay too inconsistent to be considered anything more than a potential third pair guy right now, which is frustrating given his athletic profile, which is quite good. If he finds a consistent game, he may look more like a #3, but that's if all things go well.
20Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Islanders de New YorkL'Heureux like Ceulemans, is a difficult player to evaluate. On one hand, I see a decent shooting center that plays a good defensive game and boasts good but inconsistent puck handling ability. On the other hand, he thrives on transitional play, which does not bode well for a smooth transition to the NHL (see last year's Jack Hughes), and average skating ability. Overall, I predict a third line center role for him with some second unit power play time and first unit penalty kill potential. However, the point totals may not come as easily for L'Heureux, and I predict a 15-20 goal, 35-40 point cap.
21Logo de Rangers de New York-A smooth skater and a strong shooter, Bolduc has some tools that could bode well when transitioning to the NHL. However, he needs to find consistency, which he has struggled with for the past 2 years in the QMJHL, and needs to develop defensively if he plans to remain a center. He could also use to bulk up a little. Bolduc projects as a solid #3 center in the NHL, that may break into a second unit if he decided to switch to the wing. Some power play time would also do him good. 20 goals, 45 points for him.
22Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-Chayka is a defensively minded d-man that utilizes his long reach to break up plays with ease. He's not the best skater in terms of speed, but he is really hard to take down, which helps him win one on one battles, which he excels in. He is aggressive in the offensive zone, a little too aggressive at times fact, and utilizes his powerful shot whenever he can. If you haven't figured it out yet, I am a big fan of Chayka, but one area that he needs to improve in is his physical play. He's strong on his stick and skates, positions himself well, and has the size to be a good physical player. He just doesn't do it. If he develops a physical game, Chayka could become a solid #3 defenseman at the NHL level, especially if paired with an offensive defenseman that could compliment his inability to make a consistent pass (another area for improvement). Chayka should also be able to take a heavy load of penalty killing minutes.
23Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Perhaps the best skating defenseman in this class, Hreschuk is the perfect player to pair with the man above him, Daniil Chayka. Hreschuk is the best offensive defenseman in this class, utilizing his incredible speed and puck handling abilities to jump into the rush whenever he can. He also carries a strong shot, particularly his wrist shot, which also benefits from his willingness to jump into offensive rushes. However, Hreschuk needs to bulk up in order to be an effective defenseman at the next level. He could also use some development in the defensive game, although he's not bad in his own end. But the real issue that Hreschuk faces is his over willingness to jump into offensive plays, and often leaving his defensive spot wide open to counterattacks. He needs to learn when he is able to jump into the rush and when he needs to stay back, which will come in time and will be a fairly simple correction to make from his college coaches next year. Overall, I see Hreschuk as an offensive #3 d-man at the NHL level that can play on your top power play unit.
24Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Penguins de PittsburghSillinger reminds me a lot of Kaliyev for the Kings. He brings a lot of offensive potential; strong shot, good hands, elite playmaking ability. However, the drawbacks significant; he is way too slow of a skater to be effective at the NHL level, and his lack of effort away from the puck is terrible. He's too lazy. Sillinger may be my early prediction to become a bust due to this effort issue, which is a shame because he has the tools to be a great weapon at the NHL level. If he solves the effort problem, his skating will hold him back into a 3rd Line role with ample power play time. With his shot, I wouldn't be shocked to see a 30 goal campaign or two out of him.
25Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Solid two-way winger who's only gotten better since given the opportunity to play against men in Europe. While he's not super fast, probably average in terms of speed, Othmann is able to elude defenders with elite edge work and agility. His shot is pretty good too, although he makes his offense through the passing game mostly. He needs to bulk up, as he gets bullied when he gets stuck in corners, and getting stronger will contribute to more power in his stride, which may solve the "only average" speed thing. Overall, Othmann is a sneaky prospect that doesn't see to be garnering much attention right now, but could find himself as a decent 2nd line winger in the NHL, provided that he gets faster and stronger. However, do not expect insane point totals from him, more in the range of 15-20 goals, 35-40 points, but his defensive ability should earn him plenty of time on the penalty kill.
26Logo de Blues de St-Louis-Despite what his small frame might make you think, Bourgault is not the best skater. He needs to work on his explosiveness and his top end speed, as they will not cut it in the NHL at his size. However, he boasts some incredible vision and playmaking ability, and is a threat whenever the puck is on his stick thanks to his shot. He also needs to develop defensively, but moving to the wing from center (he has that flexibility) may benefit him in the pro level. Overall, see Bourgault as a potential 3rd line winger in the NHL, with the potential for a 35-40 benchmark if given the power play time that he deserves.
27Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-This kid is in desperate need of bulking up, because he's immediately a top 10 pick if he does. While the physical game isn't there, Rosen is a premier offensive threat that does everything fairly well; skating, shooting, playmaking, his vision is insanely good. He needs some work in the defensive zone, but he can get away with that more the wing. Overall, Rosen is a lock for a top 6 role if he bulks up a lot, but may limit himself to 3rd line role if he can't. A 30 goal, 65 point projection makes sense for him, too, along with some time on the top power play unit.
28Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-A center who really needs to move to the wing, McTavish may be the best pure sniper in the class. His shot is deadly, and he can score from anywhere. McTavish is also an underrated playmaker, which makes him a threat whenever he has the puck. He is also decent defensively, and is really strong on the back check. However, he needs to develop more as a skater, as he is not agile at all, nor is his top speed anything to write home about. Overall, McTavish should be a lock for middle six role in the NHL with a job a the power play quarterback for his NHL team. A 30-35 goal, 50-55 point benchmark also sounds correct for him, provided that he works on his skating.
29Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-
Scott Morrow
Morrow may be the smartest member of this draft class, and it shows in his own end, where he breaks up plays with ease using his long reach. He is also quite good when jumping up into the rush, and utilizes his strong skating ability and good vision as a playmaker whenever he can. I would like to see him add more as a physical player to his game, as he has the size for it. However, his biggest knock at the moment is his lack of strong competition, which is lowering his draft stock. overall, Morrow is a potential steal in the first round of this draft, and I project him to become a solid #3 defenseman at the NHL level, and can play on the second unit of any special treams unit.
30Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-
Roman Schmidt
Schmidt, like Morrow, is really flying under the radar right now, but his play will prove to quite good when given he opportunity. Despite his massive frame, he's a very smooth skater, which helps him in his own end, where he also is great at using his reach and his body to break up plays. Schmidt is also the best physical d-man in the class right now, which also gives him an advantage. However, I think he needs to develop more in the offensive zone to really be considered a top prospect, as his passing is not great, but he does have a good shot when he uses it, which is not often. Overall, I project Schmidt to be a solid #5, maybe a low-end #4 d-man at the NHL level, who plays more of a shut down role than anything else. He should also get many opportunities on the penalty kill, which he should excel in.
31Logo de Capitals de Washington-One of the fastest players in the class, Poltapov utilizes his speed to torch defenders in his way. Not the most physical of players, Poltapov could use to bulk up before coming over to America. He also has good hands and an above average shot, which makes him a real scoring threat. However, due to his lack of size, he is a little timid on the ice, which can lead to him being dominated by larger opponents. He also doesn't provide much effort in the defensive game, which needs to be worked on. Overall, Poltapov should prove to be a solid 3rd line scoring winger in the NHL, putting up perennial 20-30 goal and 40-50 point campaigns.
32Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-
Sebastian Cossa
A huge goalie, Cossa is not the fastest or most agile goalie around. However, his size and technical skill allow him to circumvent any downfalls he may have through a lack of mobility. Overall, Cossa has a legit shot at being a solid starter in the NHL one day, although he is going to be a project.
RONDE 2ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
33Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-
Florian Elias
Couldn't forgive myself for making one of these without mentioning this guy. Elite smarts in all three zones and a strong skating ability makes for the most enticing overager in the class. Has a nose for the net and isn't afraid to get into the dirty areas, despite his rather small frame. Will need to bulk up if he plans to continue to play his style in the NHL, But he reminds me of Brad Marchand when he was in Providence. Not saying he reaches that potential, but he's my gem of the draft.
34Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-
Thank You
If you made it this far without skipping through...wow. Thanks for reading about my takes on some of the most popular draftees this year. If you have anything add or dispute, please comment to do so. And if you have a prospect that you'd like to hear my take on, comment their name and I'll get back to you.
35Logo de Kraken de Seattle-
36Logo de Bruins de Boston-
37Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-
38Logo de Flames de Calgary-
39Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-
40Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-
41Logo de Islanders de New YorkLogo de Avalanche du Colorado
42Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
43Logo de Stars de Dallas-
44Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-
45Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Oilers d'Edmonton
46Logo de Panthers de la Floride-
47Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-
48Logo de Wild du Minnesota-
49Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-
50Logo de Predators de Nashville-
51Logo de Golden Knights de VegasLogo de Devils du New Jersey
52Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Islanders de New York
53Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Rangers de New York
54Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-
55Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-
56Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-
57Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Sharks de San Jose
58Logo de Kings de Los AngelesLogo de Blues de St-Louis
59Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
60Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-
61Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-
62Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-
63Logo de Capitals de Washington-
64Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-
9 avr. 2021 à 21 h 47
ThatLaxPlayer15
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3
Wait the bruins are on track for the 4th overall pick?
9 avr. 2021 à 21 h 53
John Leonard Viewer
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 444
Quoting: ThatLaxPlayer15
Wait the bruins are on track for the 4th overall pick?

it's alphabetized
9 avr. 2021 à 21 h 55
John Leonard Viewer
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 444
Damn go offfff. Honestly I disagree with a lot, but I respect the hell out of you taking the time to do this, this is great. Main critique I have is Svozil (who I am so high on) not being on here, but possibly you just haven't seen the god himself yet. Also having Hreschuk and not Behrens is a little weird to me.

Pastujov is also the largest boom or bust pick in this draft, I really don't know what to think.
BruinsFan35 a aimé ceci.
9 avr. 2021 à 21 h 59
ThatLaxPlayer15
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3
oh then why is seattle 3rd? lol
10 avr. 2021 à 0 h 34
I make Articals.
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 368
Owen Power is probably not going no.3 he's probably going top 2
BruinsFan35 a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2021 à 6 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 522
Quoting: jfrojelin
Damn go offfff. Honestly I disagree with a lot, but I respect the hell out of you taking the time to do this, this is great. Main critique I have is Svozil (who I am so high on) not being on here, but possibly you just haven't seen the god himself yet. Also having Hreschuk and not Behrens is a little weird to me.

Pastujov is also the largest boom or bust pick in this draft, I really don't know what to think.

Thanks man. Just curious, is it the projections or the evaluations that you disagree with? Also, Behrens and Svozil would be in this list if I had gone to 35ish (Elias and the last one aren’t actually my 33 and 34). I am considering doing another one that showcases more players.
10 avr. 2021 à 6 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Tntpod
Owen Power is probably not going no.3 he's probably going top 2

Maybe. Power’s inconsistency worries me, but I am really high on him too. I think it will all depend on what the team needs. Guenther is extremely talented, and Luke Hughes is arguably the best player in the class. It’s also an odd year, where you could ask 10 different people who the best in the class is and get a different answer from each of them. (Hughes, Beniers, Power, Wallstedt, Clarke, Guenther, Johnson, and Eklund are who I’ve heard)
RedWing9119 et Tntpod a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2021 à 7 h 4
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 819
Quoting: ThatLaxPlayer15
oh then why is seattle 3rd? lol

bc they have the same odds as the 3rd last team, their the only team with guaranteed position in the draft
RedWing9119 a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2021 à 13 h 27
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,486
I respect the rankings and the fact that you've done a write up on each guy.

I think you're too low on Eklund, I don't see any scenario where he should be going outside of the top 5. I am also lower on Edvinsson than most, could have high upside but seems like a major project. As a Devils fan I'm hoping for Clarke at this point
RedWing9119 et BruinsFan35 a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2021 à 20 h 40
I make Articals.
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 368
Quoting: BruinsFan35
Maybe. Power’s inconsistency worries me, but I am really high on him too. I think it will all depend on what the team needs. Guenther is extremely talented, and Luke Hughes is arguably the best player in the class. It’s also an odd year, where you could ask 10 different people who the best in the class is and get a different answer from each of them. (Hughes, Beniers, Power, Wallstedt, Clarke, Guenther, Johnson, and Eklund are who I’ve heard)

Ok thx for ur opinion!
BruinsFan35 a aimé ceci.
13 avr. 2021 à 9 h 7
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 865
I like Florian Elias making this list as an honourable mention, he was fun af to watch in the WJC. What are your thoughts on Ben Gaudreau?
BruinsFan35 a aimé ceci.
13 avr. 2021 à 12 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Club_de_Hockey_le_Canadien
I like Florian Elias making this list as an honourable mention, he was fun af to watch in the WJC. What are your thoughts on Ben Gaudreau?

Elias is my fave player in Germany right now. Period. Love the guy. And also, thanks for a goalie question! I love talking about goalies, as a former goalie myself and now I’m a goalie coach, I like to think that I have a decent idea of what I’m talking about. Gaudreau is easily 3rd goalie off the board, probably 3rd round. Good athleticism and poise, and tracks the puck very well. However, what holds him back is how bad his team was last year and that he hasn’t played this year. Goalies with good numbers seem to be drafted higher, but I’m confident that Gaudreau has all of the tools to be an NHL starter one day, although maybe in a lower tier than that of Cossa.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage