should Leafs keep Rielly?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

9 avr. 2021 à 20 h 34
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,744
Simple question.

What had Rielly done to prove hes a number 1?

Norris trophy? No
Norris nominees? No.
Defensive gem? No.

Doesnt a number 1 D man guy need a yes in at least one of those categories????
9 avr. 2021 à 21 h 50
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
9 avr. 2021 à 23 h 56
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 253
Don't know what constitutes a true #1, but he was 5th for Norris votes in 2018-19.

For the first time he has a highly competent linemate in Brodie that really elevates his pairing, so I wouldn't throw the towel at this time. He also brings leadership and composure. Maybe the missing personal achievements help to negotiate a fair contract (one can dream)?

The question is, who do you replace him with anyway? Hamilton, maybe. Not so many options.
10 avr. 2021 à 0 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Rielly is a #1 as he

1. Plays 20mins a night
2. QB PP unit 1
3. Has had multiple 30point seasons including a 20 goal season
4. Can play both ends but tends to prefer offense

All those make up a top pair Dman on top of that Rielly is the longest serving leaf so Dubas will try to make it his priority to keep him. Now Muzzin is the leafs best defensive Dman, but offense and playmaking goes to Rielly.

Now heres where I see things going, If Sandin comes up next season and looks really good on the PP and in the NHL in general than yes Rielly could potentially be gone as Sandin wont command as much and eventually fill in his role completly. But if Rielly ends up with a 50 point season and Sandin struggles than Dubas will need to find a way to extend him
10 avr. 2021 à 4 h 16
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,601
I'm not sure the Leafs will have a choice other than to let him walk as a UFA.

Is he a #1D? Yeah..on the lower end of #1D's.
Is he elite? No.

He's still going to command a number in salary that just won't be affordable IMO.

I think other decisions will factor into what happens with Rielly, mainly goaltending but probably also 3C.
Trickster et SadSensFan14 a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2021 à 9 h 35
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,463
Quoting: Trickster

I really have a problem with I perceive as # 1 pairing, # 2 etc. Reilly gets more points and maybe most minutes thanks to PP time. But he isn't used much in PK, and the Leafs would prefer to have Muzzin on the ice when defending a lead. So does that make Reilly even the Leafs best Dman? I'm not sure.
When it comes to money....guys get paid for points. I think some team will overpay for Reilly as UFA, and it won't be the Leafs. Since the Leafs are in a win mode they will keep Reilly this year and next, but Reilly leaves as a UFA in the summer of 2022.
Trickster, oneX et BigDaddyOvech a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2021 à 13 h 38
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: aadoyle
Rielly is a #1 as he

1. Plays 20mins a night
2. QB PP unit 1
3. Has had multiple 30point seasons including a 20 goal season
4. Can play both ends but tends to prefer offense

All those make up a top pair Dman on top of that Rielly is the longest serving leaf so Dubas will try to make it his priority to keep him. Now Muzzin is the leafs best defensive Dman, but offense and playmaking goes to Rielly.

Now heres where I see things going, If Sandin comes up next season and looks really good on the PP and in the NHL in general than yes Rielly could potentially be gone as Sandin wont command as much and eventually fill in his role completly. But if Rielly ends up with a 50 point season and Sandin struggles than Dubas will need to find a way to extend him

The four items you listed is Rielly the number 1 cause we dont have someone better? Or is legitimately a number # 1???

How many other teams would he be #1 that had say one of the guys I listed??
oneX a aimé ceci.
13 avr. 2021 à 17 h 42
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,584

IMO, Rielly is a #1 D because he can play 25 minutes a night and play against the opposition's top players. I don't think you need to win trophies to be a number one for a team. Do I think Rielly is one of the top defenceman in the league... No, but he is valuable. All that said I have to say Muzzin is our best defenceman because you can use him in all situations and he excels. Rielly is a great player and an even better teammate/leader (remember he was one of the top choices to be captain before Tavares got the C) but given the current landscape with a flat cap and all I can't see the leafs resigning him, but will let his contract ride out then walk as a UFA.
oneX, Saskleaf et Trickster a aimé ceci.
13 avr. 2021 à 20 h 32
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,463
I question if Reilly is the Leafs best Dman. Offensively yes, PP time yes, overall, maybe it's Muzzin. Leafs can't afford him when he's a UFA
Saskleaf et Trickster a aimé ceci.
13 avr. 2021 à 23 h 10
sen krak fan
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,516
I love Rielly, (he's one of my top 2 favorite players) but leafs likely can't afford him, and he might just need to go. It'll be sad to see him leave.(if he does)
14 avr. 2021 à 1 h 23
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,601
I also want people to think a little bit before just assuming Sandin will take over Rielly's spot. Let's first let the kid earn a regular spot on the D-core.

Just assuming he will take over if Rielly is not back is like counting your eggs before they hatch. Bad things tend to happen when you do this.
14 avr. 2021 à 7 h 6
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: oneX
I also want people to think a little bit before just assuming Sandin will take over Rielly's spot. Let's first let the kid earn a regular spot on the D-core.

Just assuming he will take over if Rielly is not back is like counting your eggs before they hatch. Bad things tend to happen when you do this.

I choose to be optimistic
oneX a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2021 à 11 h 26
Please win the cup
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 187
Simple question.

Norris trophy? No
Norris nominees? No.
Defensive gem? No.

Kind of Hard with Guys like Hedman, Carlsson, Makar and Dougie Hamiliton in the League.
16 avr. 2021 à 11 h 27
Please win the cup
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
IMO, Rielly is a #1 D because he can play 25 minutes a night and play against the opposition's top players. I don't think you need to win trophies to be a number one for a team. Do I think Rielly is one of the top defenceman in the league... No, but he is valuable. All that said I have to say Muzzin is our best defenceman because you can use him in all situations and he excels. Rielly is a great player and an even better teammate/leader (remember he was one of the top choices to be captain before Tavares got the C) but given the current landscape with a flat cap and all I can't see the leafs resigning him, but will let his contract ride out then walk as a UFA.

Right take a look at Matthews, Calder yes. But no Rocket, Art, Lady, or Lindsey.
16 avr. 2021 à 11 h 34
Please win the cup
Reilly is top 10 in D points too (30 in 44). top ten in +/- (+17)
20 mai 2021 à 11 h 33
Please win the cup
Simple question.

Norris trophy? No
Norris nominees? No.
Defensive gem? No.

Dougie Hamilton < Awards.... nothing
Kris Letang < Awards.... nothing
Alex Pietrangelo < Awards.... nothing

Sure each has been nominated, but I think as far as a defensemen Reilly is doing well, to be a #1 D, i think it goes to your best d-man..... not your trophy closet
20 mai 2021 à 11 h 49
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
Modifié 21 mai 2021 à 9 h 24
Quoting: MapleLeafsfan2003
Dougie Hamilton < Awards.... nothing
Kris Letang < Awards.... nothing
Alex Pietrangelo < Awards.... nothing

Sure each has been nominated, but I think as far as a defensemen Reilly is doing well, to be a #1 D, i think it goes to your best d-man..... not your trophy closet

Dougie Hamilton has been one of the most consistent offensive D man in the last few seasons.

While Letang and Pietrangelo have only been Norris nominees, they have even better achievement.

The Stanley Cup.
oneX a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage