SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Are RFAs available in the expansion draft?

9 avr. 2021 à 14 h 11
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3
My interpretation of the rule is that only players under contract can be selected by Seattle. An RFA does not have a contract, but I see a lot of mock expansion drafts with RFA's selected. Are RFA's available to Seattle in the expansion draft if a Team has not protected them?
9 avr. 2021 à 14 h 43
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: JohnGalt
My interpretation of the rule is that only players under contract can be selected by Seattle. An RFA does not have a contract, but I see a lot of mock expansion drafts with RFA's selected. Are RFA's available to Seattle in the expansion draft if a Team has not protected them?

No, RFA's and UFA's can be selected as they are still under contract until free agency/draft technically and the team still owns them during the expansion draft
SadSensFan14 a aimé ceci.
9 avr. 2021 à 15 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
No, RFA's and UFA's can be selected as they are still under contract until free agency/draft technically and the team still owns them during the expansion draft

According to the NHL web site, "Seattle must choose a minimum of 20 players under contract for the 2021-22 regular season." At the time of the expansion draft both UFAs and RFAs will not be under contract for the 2021-22 season.
9 avr. 2021 à 15 h 4
According to the NHL web site, "Seattle must choose a minimum of 20 players under contract for the 2021-22 regular season." At the time of the expansion draft both UFAs and RFAs will not be under contract for the 2021-22 season.

Yes but that's a minimum, for the rest they can choose whoever is eligible, refer yourself to the CapFriendly's Seattle expansion draft simulator and you will see UFA's and RFA's can be picked
SadSensFan14 a aimé ceci.
9 avr. 2021 à 15 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Yes but that's a minimum, for the rest they can choose whoever is eligible, refer yourself to the CapFriendly's Seattle expansion draft simulator and you will see UFA's and RFA's can be picked

Ahhh, makes sense - thanks. Although not sure why Seattle would select a UFA unless they were desperate to have the exclusive negotiating rights for a couple of weeks.
9 avr. 2021 à 15 h 35
Ahhh, makes sense - thanks. Although not sure why Seattle would select a UFA unless they were desperate to have the exclusive negotiating rights for a couple of weeks.

Well usually they only select a UFA if there's a package with picking them
9 avr. 2021 à 23 h 3
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516

Seattle can negotiate an extension before picking a player in the expansion draft.
A_Habs_fan et SadSensFan14 a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2021 à 13 h 42
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466

Think the rule is that a team has to "qualify" a RFA so the team can retain his rights, which makes him qualify to be protected, or exposed to Seattle. The player and his team can negotiate a contract later.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage