SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Chicago Blackhawks

I like this trade because

8 avr. 2021 à 12 h 24
Kyle from Chicago
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,734
I like this trade because we aren’t trading away anything of insane value, and there is really only upside to this deal.

Carlsson for Stillman both players are 23, I don’t know much about Stillman but I know Carlsson got buried in Chicago’s depth chart and he needed a change of scenery. I hope both players work out, but this exchange is probably even, considering draft status, age, and current role on teams.

Wallmark- guy just cleared waivers, not getting games in Chicago and not a valuable asset.

Connolly for Borgstrom and a 7th. Connolly costs exactly 1.2 million for a couple of years with a buyout getting a decent prospect and a 7th for paying that money is fine with me.

So I think we come out ahead here, we might look to give Connolly a shot but idk a buyout seems the easiest.
8 avr. 2021 à 12 h 26
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,786
If we get Borgstrom back to North America next year its a win for us
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2021 à 12 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: Wadejos123
If we get Borgstrom back to North America next year its a win for us

No reason to think we can’t.
Wadejos123 et exo2769 a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2021 à 12 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,786
Quoting: Stan_Bowman

Give him a shot at 3C next year?

Cat-Dach-Kane
Kubalik-Strome- Reichel/Nylander/Kurashev/Suter
Reichel/Kurashev/Nylander/Suter- Borgstrom- Reichel/Kurashev/Nylander/Suter
Hagal-Kampf-Carps
8 avr. 2021 à 12 h 30
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,572
I'd give Connelly a shot. I really do think Bowman isn't finished. Connolly still brings a veteran presence and while he absolutely gets paid too much...he can temporarily replace Janmark for the rest of this year if he's to be traded soon.
8 avr. 2021 à 12 h 34
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
Thanks for violating the soft rules you inherently agree to when submitting an Armchair GM team. I don't particularly see the point in needing an AGM to discuss the trade beyond the actual trade thread, but for those instances when you want to engage everyone in a more generalized discussion, please ensure that your post is in the forums and not in the AGM section!
8 avr. 2021 à 12 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Thanks for violating the soft rules you inherently agree to when submitting an Armchair GM team. I don't particularly see the point in needing an AGM to discuss the trade beyond the actual trade thread, but for those instances when you want to engage everyone in a more generalized discussion, please ensure that your post is in the forums and not in the AGM section!

Dude, the description was what I thought of the trade, and the forward and defense pairing lines were what I thought we would run with the new additions. Thanks for being so passive aggressive with your reply.

Here are the soft rules that I supposedly violated

Name and description relate to this Armchair-GM roster below (yep)
This team is not being published for unrelated general discussion that is more suitable in a different forum section

(If I had posted the ACGM with only the description and left the team as it comes then I would be violating this rule, but instead I had arranged the lines to what they would be with Connolly in the top 6 next to Kubalik. That’s some information that I didn’t explicitly state, but you would need to look at the ACGM to understand)

Also, no one discusses things in the forum. We both know that. Keep power tripping.
8 avr. 2021 à 13 h 7
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
Dude, the description was what I thought of the trade, and the forward and defense pairing lines were what I thought we would run with the new additions. Thanks for being so passive aggressive with your reply.

Here are the soft rules that I supposedly violated

Name and description relate to this Armchair-GM roster below (yep)
This team is not being published for unrelated general discussion that is more suitable in a different forum section

(If I had posted the ACGM with only the description and left the team as it comes then I would be violating this rule, but instead I had arranged the lines to what they would be with Connolly in the top 6 next to Kubalik. That’s some information that I didn’t explicitly state, but you would need to look at the ACGM to understand)

Also, no one discusses things in the forum. We both know that. Keep power tripping.

If the moderators have been asked to uphold a specific standard, I can't pick and choose. Orders from above. I know you had lines set, but you are literally discussing facets of the trade. Look at the lead post in this new thread.

I bolded the part that us moderators are focusing on. I really am sorry for the tone of my warning: I'm finding users simply aren't responding to niceties anymore and that I tend to get more engagement when, unfortunately, I turn to condescending tones. I hate it. Really do. But nobody gives a damn about what the moderators want around here until we start throwing infractions and bans around here, and I refuse to default to that as well. I'm trying to push for a messaging system so that I can have these dialogues on the side, but progress on that front has been slow at best. This is really the only tool I have for the time being.

I know nobody uses the forums. That's because - for the longest time now - everything's been deferred to the AGM section. It's gonna take time, it's gonna take patience, but the forum thing will catch on in time. Something of note, and I'm not sure how well-known it is, but sharing CapFriendly links as part of a discussion in an AGM doesn't count as spam. Tag who you can and advertise these threads as much as you can. The system isn't efficient yet and the manual tidying the moderators need to do sucks for all parties involved, but hopefully once a few more features that I can't yet disclose are made available, things will be better.
Kyle_Davidson a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2021 à 13 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
If the moderators have been asked to uphold a specific standard, I can't pick and choose. Orders from above. I know you had lines set, but you are literally discussing facets of the trade. Look at the lead post in this new thread.

I bolded the part that us moderators are focusing on. I really am sorry for the tone of my warning: I'm finding users simply aren't responding to niceties anymore and that I tend to get more engagement when, unfortunately, I turn to condescending tones. I hate it. Really do. But nobody gives a damn about what the moderators want around here until we start throwing infractions and bans around here, and I refuse to default to that as well. I'm trying to push for a messaging system so that I can have these dialogues on the side, but progress on that front has been slow at best. This is really the only tool I have for the time being.

I know nobody uses the forums. That's because - for the longest time now - everything's been deferred to the AGM section. It's gonna take time, it's gonna take patience, but the forum thing will catch on in time. Something of note, and I'm not sure how well-known it is, but sharing CapFriendly links as part of a discussion in an AGM doesn't count as spam. Tag who you can and advertise these threads as much as you can. The system isn't efficient yet and the manual tidying the moderators need to do sucks for all parties involved, but hopefully once a few more features that I can't yet disclose are made available, things will be better.

Okay man, I get it, being a moderator on any website isn’t an easy job. Thanks for taking the time to reply. If you care about my take on the situation, read below.

As it currently stands I see no future for the forums in their current state, perhaps it is due to how the site is structured where that section does not get as much traffic as the ACGM, Mock Draft, Trade Machine and Expansion draft simulator. Maybe moving it to the interactive features section would help it get some traction but again I doubt that would be enough to get people to use it. I know that my post (that was moved here) was mostly meant to target the other Hawks fans on here as well as others that I converse with almost daily in some cases. However, I also want to be able to reach new people and that just isn't possible in the forums because 1. No one clicks on the forums, and 2. If people do look at the forums they will be looking at their team and probably won’t explore other ones. If what you are saying with the private messaging system is meant to be a feature for the entire community perhaps that could be a better medium for a post like mine. However, until those tools are made available or the forums are revamped the only place for a type of post like mine is in ACGM where the people I am intending to reach are. I often click on posts (like this post was) that are made by other people and don't really see a problem with them as long as they have spent sufficient time making the team and discussing their thoughts. People are going to keep using ACGM for these types of posts, and while I understand your reasoning for moving my post now, I think a moderators focus should be more on troll posts and bad behavior until the forums are more suitable for discussion.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents.
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.
20 juin 2021 à 13 h 23
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439

I mean we brought Kubalik into North America why can’t we do that with Borgstrom?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage