Forums/NHL Trades

(NJD/NYI) - Palmieri, Zajac for Greer, Jobst, 2021 1st, 2022 conditional 4th

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

8 avr. 2021 à 9 h 24
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Devils getting a 1st for 2 rentals in this market is solid value for them. palmieri has not been great except against the bruins this year... if you look at the splits vs teams: he has 5 goals and 1 assist in 6 games vs the bruins. take those out and he has 3 goals and 8 assists in 28 games vs the rest of the east. His shooting percentage is significantly down 9.5 vs 13.2 career percentage, maybe that factors in playing on a bad nj team and those numbers will go up. maybe they wont and he has a down year and nyi just overpaid for a half ppg player. tough to project, fills 2 real holes on that team though.
8 avr. 2021 à 9 h 26
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578
Quoting: Hawkisles
As an Isles fan, I’m happy with this. But if we don’t win the Cup THIS YEAR, NJD wins this trade. Rentals are extremely risky, and honestly, I still don’t see this team as the frontrunner. I think this trade combined with their recent wins over the Caps make them the team to beat in their division, but after that, not sure this team beats Tampa or the West’s champ

But for now, I’ll call this a fair trade. Other than Boston, I don’t see who doesn’t what they want from this. Very much a win-win trade.

Who knows, the Isles might end up extending Palmieri and you win the trade regardless of winning the cup or not.
8 avr. 2021 à 10 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 14
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Guess it pays off to be playing with Eichel and Reinhart eh?

He played all of 13 games with Eichel and Reinhart before the coaching genius that they had moved him to the 2nd line to try and get Staal going.
8 avr. 2021 à 13 h 14
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 679
NYI gets the best forward available for a 1st round pick and also picks up a bottom 6 center in the process. Good deal for both sides

Jaden Schwartz died?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2021 à 13 h 26
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Quoting: Brian2016
Lou fired coaches basically after every disappointing season back in the late 90's early 2000's with the Devils. If he fires Trotz he's insane, even if they get knocked out early. But, right now I'd consider them the team to beat in the East, as well.

its not trotz whose getting fired, its the person above (Big man Lou). If the isles cant get passed R2 despite this add the GM is done. No matter the name, results speak for themselves and with this add Isles be going all in.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2021 à 15 h 9
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
Quoting: kaljakori
Jaden Schwartz died?

Nope, Jaden Schwartz is still alive
8 avr. 2021 à 15 h 19
TheGreekOne9
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Quoting: CapFriendly

I smell a bit of desperation because the fans want success and this is proof that they can
9 avr. 2021 à 4 h 7
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: aadoyle
its not trotz whose getting fired, its the person above (Big man Lou). If the isles cant get passed R2 despite this add the GM is done. No matter the name, results speak for themselves and with this add Isles be going all in.

They're definitely all in. But, on paper this team is not a final four team, imo. They're a borderline playoff team that Trotz has transformed into a contender. I totally understand that the expectations are very high this season. I'm just not so sure firing Lou would accomplish a whole lot besides punishing him for losing and satisfying an emotional fanbase. There are so many worse GM's around the league that'll still have jobs next season that should've been fired long ago. Like JB in VAN, for instance.
9 avr. 2021 à 16 h 52
Let's go Pens!
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 382
It's a win/win trade here. New Jersey get a 1st and a 4th, plus 2 prospects for rental players which are useless to their purpose (tank) in this season. I have no idea why someone could think there's a clear winner in this trade. No way.
3 mai 2021 à 10 h 23
sensonfire
Mentions "j'aime": 4,380
Quoting: sensonfire
I'm seeing a lot of instant knee-jerk reactions that scream "LOU FLEECED THE DEVILS".

On the face of it, this looks like a clear win for the Islanders but something is giving me pause.

It's that 1st round pick. There's no lottery protection on it.

Does anybody remember the JG Pageau trade?

Lou got his prized player for more than a 1st round pick at the deadline last year but then things took a turn for the worst.

The Isles went on a 7 game losing streak and it only stopped because the NHL shut everything down due to the pandemic.

The Isles started to tank right after acquiring Pageau last year.

If history repeats itself with the latest additions of Lou's "prized" players and the Isles start tanking very soon like last year, that 1st round pick could skyrocket in value.

For that reason, I'm going to hold off on voting until we know where that 1st round pick ends up.

I abstain.

Like if you did too grin

I forgot to come back to this on Saturday night after the Islanders beat the Rangers.

By beating the Rangers last Saturday, the Islanders clinched a playoff spot.

That means the Islanders' 1st round pick that is a part of this trade is not a possible lottery pick anymore.

I no longer abstain.

I voted for the New York Islanders.
3 mai 2021 à 11 h 32
I forgot to come back to this on Saturday night after the Islanders beat the Rangers.

By beating the Rangers last Saturday, the Islanders clinched a playoff spot.

That means the Islanders' 1st round pick that is a part of this trade is not a possible lottery pick anymore.

I no longer abstain.

I voted for the New York Islanders.

even a non lottery pick. At this exact minute of the post. palmieri with the islanders has 2 points in 12 games. zajac has 2 in 9. Unless palms goes on a tear in the playoffs... devils handily win this one as of this moment in time.
sensonfire a aimé ceci.
4 mai 2021 à 12 h 12
sensonfire
Mentions "j'aime": 4,380
Quoting: hanson493
even a non lottery pick. At this exact minute of the post. palmieri with the islanders has 2 points in 12 games. zajac has 2 in 9. Unless palms goes on a tear in the playoffs... devils handily win this one as of this moment in time.

Unfortunately, the CapFriendly community is expected to vote and comment on trades based on knee-jerk reactions at the time such trades are announced.

I voted as if today was the day of the trade, April 7th.

I also voted as if I'm not privy to anything that happened after April 7th except for whether the 1st round pick is a lottery pick or not.

I can see the case being made that the Devils win the trade.

However, there are still a lot of unknowns like whether Zajac or Palmieri sign extensions with the Islanders or whether they play pivotal roles in ensuring the Islanders go deep in the playoffs.

There is a lot that has yet to be determined from this smile
4 mai 2021 à 12 h 45
Unfortunately, the CapFriendly community is expected to vote and comment on trades based on knee-jerk reactions at the time such trades are announced.

I also voted as if I'm not privy to anything that happened after April 7th except for whether the 1st round pick is a lottery pick or not.

However, there are still a lot of unknowns like whether Zajac or Palmieri sign extensions with the Islanders or whether they play pivotal roles in ensuring the Islanders go deep in the playoffs.

I said on day 1 of this deal that outside of the bruins palmieri had struggled vs the rest of the division. regardless of lottery or not a 1st round pick is a 1st round pick. lottery makes it more valuable yes but it being outside the lottery doesnt completely kill the picks value. That being said. zajac was already rumored to want to resign in nj. Palmieri probably doesnt resign with nyi if he continues his struggles unless he gets a ridiculous contract from lou.
sensonfire a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2021 à 17 h 14
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395
Modifié 10 juin 2021 à 17 h 51

Quoting: hanson493
I said on day 1 of this deal that outside of the bruins palmieri had struggled vs the rest of the division. regardless of lottery or not a 1st round pick is a 1st round pick. lottery makes it more valuable yes but it being outside the lottery doesnt completely kill the picks value. That being said. zajac was already rumored to want to resign in nj. Palmieri probably doesnt resign with nyi if he continues his struggles unless he gets a ridiculous contract from lou.

Since my prediction was right about this trade getting NYI out of the division, we can now all agree they won that trade.

Palmieri and Zajac really delivered during the playoffs, this is why they got them!
sensonfire, KSIxSKULLS, Saskleaf and 2 others a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2021 à 18 h 8
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
NYI gets the best forward available for a 1st round pick and also picks up a bottom 6 center in the process. Good deal for both sides

Day 1. Palmieri was the best forward available .
KingLundqvist30 a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2021 à 23 h 37
GO FLAMES GO
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,556
1 more series win and the condition is met. Will it be or will Tampa be in the finals for 2nd straight year?
11 juin 2021 à 9 h 46
Quoting: jpsnow13
Since my prediction was right about this trade getting NYI out of the division, we can now all agree they won that trade.

Palmieri and Zajac really delivered during the playoffs, this is why they got them!

palmieri vs boston is something i said from the start, he always performs well against boston. has all year, has for the majority of his career, no idea why. he had 3 goals in 6 games and 0 assists vs the pens and jarry sucked. the real test is here vs tampa.
20 juin 2021 à 12 h 27
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
This looks like fair value the islanders being a contending team getting the assets for a playoff push and the Devils being a rebuilding team get some decent young guys and a first
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
28 juin 2021 à 14 h 27
Canes fan
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578
Palmieri was clutch for the Isles in the playoffs. Rental or not, I think it was worthwhile.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage