SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Dallas Stars

Help with AC-GM

4 avr. 2021 à 22 h 3
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
I'm doing an AC-GM on how the Stars can re-tool in the next two years, and I want some advice from fellow Stars fans. I'm not perfect and my options are sometimes lopsided, so I want different point of views on this.

If you know other stars fan, you can tag them to help.

@justaBoss
@TheMooterus
@Phleb2

If you aren't interested just say no thanks, I won't mind.
Tntpod a aimé ceci.
5 avr. 2021 à 2 h 37
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
I'm doing an AC-GM on how the Stars can re-tool in the next two years, and I want some advice from fellow Stars fans. I'm not perfect and my options are sometimes lopsided, so I want different point of views on this.

justaBoss
TheMooterus
Phleb2

I can help with that. I'm probably biased as f*ck but the let the viewers be judge of that.

Think there used to be some other stars fan users here, but they seem to have stopped using the site or changed their nicks so I can't really find 'em. Haven't seen them in ages.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
5 avr. 2021 à 9 h 8
True Reverse Retro
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,032
I'm always down to make a somewhat realistic ACGM. Probably going to put one together myself for next season & the year after at some point over the next few days.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
5 avr. 2021 à 11 h 22
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,117

@justaBoss
@TheMooterus
@Phleb2

Thanks for the invitation but no for me.

I will probably do some stuff after the TDL. I am just hoping that Nill is on the phone all the time right now. It's time to sell.

Have fun.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
5 avr. 2021 à 12 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Jinx god
Quoting: justaBoss
I can help with that. I'm probably biased as f*ck but the let the viewers be judge of that.

Think there used to be some other stars fan users here, but they seem to have stopped using the site or changed their nicks so I can't really find 'em. Haven't seen them in ages.

Quoting: TheMooterus
I'm always down to make a somewhat realistic ACGM. Probably going to put one together myself for next season & the year after at some point over the next few days.

Who do you think gets moved at the TDL or this offseason? I'm thinking Dobby and maybe Oleksiak, and what's their value, which team would be interested? Dickinson would be Seattle's pick if Dobby's gone right?
5 avr. 2021 à 14 h 51
True Reverse Retro
Who do you think gets moved at the TDL or this offseason? I'm thinking Dobby and maybe Oleksiak, and what's their value, which team would be interested? Dickinson would be Seattle's pick if Dobby's gone right?

I don't see anything happening at the deadline. The Stars will still be close enough to the 4 spot that nothing crazy will happen at the TDL. If they fall out of the playoff race, they won't fall out until after the TDL has passed. At the end of the day, I see Dallas re-signing Oleksiak anyway. He fits too well on the 2nd pair for Dallas to let him walk, especially when you consider that he'll be cheaper than what most top-4 defensemen typically go for on the market.

In regards to this offseason, the Stars 100% HAVE to move Khudobin. Whether that be to Seattle in the expansion draft or a trade elsewhere in the league, Khudobin cannot be on the Stars roster next season. Oettinger is playing too well to be in the AHL & Bishop has his NMC so he's not going anywhere. If Khudobin is still in Dallas, the Stars will either have to carry 3 goalies or Oettinger will start in the AHL, which would be a MASSIVE waste of time for him.
EsoYeezus69 et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
5 avr. 2021 à 14 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Jinx god
I don't see anything happening at the deadline. The Stars will still be close enough to the 4 spot that nothing crazy will happen at the TDL. If they fall out of the playoff race, they won't fall out until after the TDL has passed. At the end of the day, I see Dallas re-signing Oleksiak anyway. He fits too well on the 2nd pair for Dallas to let him walk, especially when you consider that he'll be cheaper than what most top-4 defensemen typically go for on the market.

In regards to this offseason, the Stars 100% HAVE to move Khudobin. Whether that be to Seattle in the expansion draft or a trade elsewhere in the league, Khudobin cannot be on the Stars roster next season. Oettinger is playing too well to be in the AHL & Bishop has his NMC so he's not going anywhere. If Khudobin is still in Dallas, the Stars will either have to carry 3 goalies or Oettinger will start in the AHL, which would be a MASSIVE waste of time for him.

In your opinion do you think it’s gonna be Seattle or a trade? And which team would you trade him at?
5 avr. 2021 à 15 h 41
True Reverse Retro
In your opinion do you think it’s gonna be Seattle or a trade? And which team would you trade him at?

If I'm Seattle, there are probably a half dozen other goalies I have in the same tier as Khudobin. Personally, based on what players are expected to be available, I'm taking Pavelski or Dickinson over Khudobin. Khudobin has struggled this season & his value across the league isn't nearly as high as it was coming into the season.

If I'm Nill, I'm trying to move him to someone that had their goalie taken by Seattle or someone in need of a 1B goalie. Teams like Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver are the first teams that come to mind, but there could be half a dozen teams looking for short-term goalie help this offseason.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
5 avr. 2021 à 15 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Jinx god
If I'm Seattle, there are probably a half dozen other goalies I have in the same tier as Khudobin. Personally, based on what players are expected to be available, I'm taking Pavelski or Dickinson over Khudobin. Khudobin has struggled this season & his value across the league isn't nearly as high as it was coming into the season.

If I'm Nill, I'm trying to move him to someone that had their goalie taken by Seattle or someone in need of a 1B goalie. Teams like Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver are the first teams that come to mind, but there could be half a dozen teams looking for short-term goalie help this offseason.

San Jose could maybe fit well, they need a goaltender. What would his value be? A half decent prospect and a pick?
5 avr. 2021 à 15 h 56
What in tarnation

With Dallas still fighting of the playoff spot, I reckon they'll do no trades. I kinda hoped they would go for a retool, but that doesn't fit Nill's MO.

If we were to assume that they were trading players, I'd sell Oleksiak for a 2022 2nd from any team...

San Jose could maybe fit well, they need a goaltender. What would his value be? A half decent prospect and a pick?

...and Dobby probably for a 3rd or 4th rounder in 2021 or 2022, depending whether he's not dealt and not picked by Seattle. Goalie trade value tends to be pretty low, and teams know that DAL is carrying a surplus of goalies.

I think Dickinson is going to Seattle. SEA has lots of goalie options, but the C pool of options fall short. My prediction is that they'll pick Vanecek and Allen as their goalies. Both are younger than other options on the market, and also relatively cheap.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
5 avr. 2021 à 18 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Jinx god
Quoting: justaBoss
With Dallas still fighting of the playoff spot, I reckon they'll do no trades. I kinda hoped they would go for a retool, but that doesn't fit Nill's MO.

If we were to assume that they were trading players, I'd sell Oleksiak for a 2022 2nd from any team...

...and Dobby probably for a 3rd or 4th rounder in 2021 or 2022, depending whether he's not dealt and not picked by Seattle. Goalie trade value tends to be pretty low, and teams know that DAL is carrying a surplus of goalies.

I think Dickinson is going to Seattle. SEA has lots of goalie options, but the C pool of options fall short. My prediction is that they'll pick Vanecek and Allen as their goalies. Both are younger than other options on the market, and also relatively cheap.

Would two third’s be too much?
6 avr. 2021 à 2 h 34
What in tarnation
Would two third’s be too much?

For Dobby? Depends on the team and instance he's getting moved. A retooling team like SJ is unlikely to pay this much, they'd go through the UFA market first.

But at the deadline that might be just fine for a playoff team in need of a goalie. Sadly though, I can't really think of a playoff team in dire need of goaltending. Like, only Oilers come to mind - but to be fair Koskinen and Smith aren't that far behind Dobby in terms of level.

Teams like Avs and Tampa who might be after a 2G for their playoff run are looking for strictly rentals I'd imagine. Someone like Bernier for instance.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
19 avr. 2021 à 12 h 28
My Balls Itch
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 101

with bishop being made of glass that is already cracked I think the best case scenario is they carry 3 with oettinger being the number 2. Also they might be able to protect dobby if they can get bishop a career-threatening injury waiver.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
20 avr. 2021 à 10 h 30
True Reverse Retro
Quoting: DeadGuy63
with bishop being made of glass that is already cracked I think the best case scenario is they carry 3 with oettinger being the number 2. Also they might be able to protect dobby if they can get bishop a career-threatening injury waiver.

I disagree. With how Oettinger has played this year, Bishop doesn’t even have to be the “starter” next season. Get him more rest between some starts & he’ll have a much higher chance of staying healthy. Makes no sense for Dallas to hold on to a 3rd goalie, for TWO years, that’s only going to steal starts from Oettinger.

Bishop could have come back this season & it was a front office choice to hold him out until next season. Dallas is not getting a “career ending injury waiver” from the NHL. Khudobin has to be gone by next season
20 avr. 2021 à 10 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Jinx god
I disagree. With how Oettinger has played this year, Bishop doesn’t even have to be the “starter” next season. Get him more rest between some starts & he’ll have a much higher chance of staying healthy. Makes no sense for Dallas to hold on to a 3rd goalie, for TWO years, that’s only going to steal starts from Oettinger.

Bishop could have come back this season & it was a front office choice to hold him out until next season. Dallas is not getting a “career ending injury waiver” from the NHL. Khudobin has to be gone by next season

No matter what, in 2 years or 3 years they're both gone and Otter is the starter with a new backup.
7 mai 2021 à 16 h 5
Ban Price trades
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
Bishop has his NMC so he's not going anywhere.

Sorry to jump in here, but I'm fascinated with rebuilding/retooling teams. Years of punishment as an Oiler fan I guess.

I partially disagree on this given that the NMC probably exists more for waivers than it does a trade, given that his M-NTC has kicked in. I fully believe there's an intersection in where Bishop wants to go and a team that would be willing to take him on, possibly with modest retention: Bishop has a very low actual cash-dollars owed to him over the next two seasons. If the Stars were to agree to pay his upcoming signing bonus, retain a percentage of his salary, and then trade him, I think the market opens up substantially.

I think his having taken the year off to get healthy helps in this regard. Despite the injuries, his past 3 seasons of work are very encouraging. Nill's due diligence comes in finding that aforementioned intersection, and I'm half-tempted to think that Arizona could make the cut (I'm assuming his NTC applies to the bottom-10 teams in the league, of which Arizona is coincidentally not one of them anymore), especially if they lose Hill during expansion. A retained Bishop could come cheaper than Raanta. Chicago might be an option too if Bishop thinks that they're closer to being a playoff team than not.

Khudobin's new contract makes moving him look suspicious in the eyes of prospective free agents. Not something I'd rush to do. I think an Oettenger-Khudobin pairing probably works fine over the next two seasons if that's the retool window.

Would I be correct in identifying Pavelski and Klingberg as the two big pieces the Stars would look to flip at next year's deadline in order to fuel this retool?
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
7 mai 2021 à 16 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Jinx god
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Sorry to jump in here, but I'm fascinated with rebuilding/retooling teams. Years of punishment as an Oiler fan I guess.

I partially disagree on this given that the NMC probably exists more for waivers than it does a trade, given that his M-NTC has kicked in. I fully believe there's an intersection in where Bishop wants to go and a team that would be willing to take him on, possibly with modest retention: Bishop has a very low actual cash-dollars owed to him over the next two seasons. If the Stars were to agree to pay his upcoming signing bonus, retain a percentage of his salary, and then trade him, I think the market opens up substantially.

I think his having taken the year off to get healthy helps in this regard. Despite the injuries, his past 3 seasons of work are very encouraging. Nill's due diligence comes in finding that aforementioned intersection, and I'm half-tempted to think that Arizona could make the cut (I'm assuming his NTC applies to the bottom-10 teams in the league, of which Arizona is coincidentally not one of them anymore), especially if they lose Hill during expansion. A retained Bishop could come cheaper than Raanta. Chicago might be an option too if Bishop thinks that they're closer to being a playoff team than not.

Khudobin's new contract makes moving him look suspicious in the eyes of prospective free agents. Not something I'd rush to do. I think an Oettenger-Khudobin pairing probably works fine over the next two seasons if that's the retool window.

Would I be correct in identifying Pavelski and Klingberg as the two big pieces the Stars would look to flip at next year's deadline in order to fuel this retool?

We’ll have to wait to see if Bishop retires, it’s a real possibility considering his injury history and the fact that he’s 34 turning 35 years old this year. Pavelski could be moved at the TDL next year to a team that wants an experienced player for the playoffs, can’t see Klingberg getting traded, if he does it’ll start a re-build instead of a re-tool, if he gets traded we only have one good d-man remaining in Heiskanen. The best way to go is to get rid of the staff because they aren’t budging at all, and they are too dull minded to move on from where we are now. We are in a stage of competing, but yet they don’t take accountability for failure, they just brush it off under the rug. The best way to start this re-tool would be to get rid of some secondary guys like Lindell, Oleksiak and replace them with better guys to play with Klingberg and Heiskanen. We should focus on playing the youth and developing them instead of playing guys like Comeau and Cogliano up to 14-16 minutes a night. Developing Gurianov should be one of our biggest priorities because he has some of the highest potential there is, but they aren’t developing him well and they’re playing him less than guys like Comeau. Finding him a good top 6 winger to play with and giving him opportunities that he’s never had would be a start. Trading Lindell before his NMC kicks in, for a top 6 winger and then replacing him with a good free agent d-man to play with Klingberg would be ideal, after that we’d get a d-man who could replace Oleksiak because he’ll probably want a big raise which we wouldn’t want to give him because he’s feeding off of Heiskanen’s skill, a guy who can benefit Heiskanen as well as he benefits them would be what they should br looking for. I’ve done a couple of AC-GM regarding what they could do, feel free to check them out if you want.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage