Forums/Armchair-GM

What to do with Boldy

Créé par: jnowariak
Équipe: 2020-21 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 31 mars 2021
Publié: 31 mars 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Boldy will probably have a couple games in Iowa and then right to the big club. If you’re burning that first year, you gotta get your money’s worth. How do you make a home for him? Can you move Johansson to a contender? Or do you work a trade with Greenway for a similar aged C?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3925 000 $
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MIN
Logo de PIT
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de PIT
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de SJS
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $78 839 424 $0 $925 000 $2 660 576 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance925 000 $$925K)
AG
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 487 500 $1 487 500 $
C
UFA - 1
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
7 538 462 $7 538 462 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 050 000 $2 050 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 538 462 $7 538 462 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
7 575 000 $7 575 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 7
3 666 667 $3 666 667 $
G
UFA - 3
4 166 667 $4 166 667 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
725 000 $725 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
3 450 000 $3 450 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
700 000 $700 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
733 333 $733 333 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
G
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C
UFA - 1
DG/DD
UFA - 1
C
UFA - 1
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
31 mars 2021 à 16 h 39
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 420
I don't really know his trade value, but something with a base of Greenway for Vilardi was something I've been looking at. Seems like he could be expendable to LA with them now having Byfield and Turcotte.
TanSor et jnowariak a aimé ceci.
31 mars 2021 à 16 h 42
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,373
The Wild should be moving at least one of Johansson, Bonino or Bjugstad within the next week and a half anyway. There's no point in just letting all of these contracts expire if you can get a draft pick or two out of them.

Quoting: FloppyBiscuit
I don't really know his trade value, but something with a base of Greenway for Vilardi was something I've been looking at. Seems like he could be expendable to LA with them now having Byfield and Turcotte.

That's not very realistic. The Kings will just move one of them to wing when push comes to shove.
31 mars 2021 à 16 h 43
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
With so many teams close to the cap it's going to be tough to move someone to make room for Boldy, as much as I'd love to see him. My guess is he marinates in Iowa and if we make the playoffs apparently we will have the space to call him up.
jnowariak a aimé ceci.
31 mars 2021 à 16 h 43
MK458
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 928
I would honestly just let him play out the season in Iowa and only burn his ELC if some major injuries occur. The team seems to have great chemistry right now, so unless they start to fall back in the standings, I'd rather let Boldy dominate in the AHL for a little bit
31 mars 2021 à 16 h 46
Quoting: TanSor
With so many teams close to the cap it's going to be tough to move someone to make room for Boldy, as much as I'd love to see him. My guess is he marinates in Iowa and if we make the playoffs apparently we will have the space to call him up.

Given how cap space accrues and contracts work, it should be fairly easy to move Johansson, Bonino and Bjugstad at the deadline if you find someone willing to pay for them.
31 mars 2021 à 16 h 48
Quoting: mk458
I would honestly just let him play out the season in Iowa and only burn his ELC if some major injuries occur. The team seems to have great chemistry right now, so unless they start to fall back in the standings, I'd rather let Boldy dominate in the AHL for a little bit

He's burning the first year no matter what.
futurehofer a aimé ceci.
31 mars 2021 à 16 h 54
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
Let him play big minutes in Iowa for the rest of the season. Give him a cup of coffee as an injury replacement if needed. No need to burn slide a year of his ELC by playing him more than a handful of NHL games. He's done all he can at the college/Jr level as a player, let him take the next step to the AHL and see how he does there. There isn't any reason to rush him into the NHL this year. He can get some of the gowning pains from learning the team's systems.

Parise and Foligno should be back sometime, and Sturm has earned a roster spot imo. So you'd be looking to move 2 FWDs for non-NHL players to make room for Boldy at that point. Don't make a trade or two just to make room for Boldy who may or may not be an improvement over MarJo. Bjugdtad, Parise, Sturm, or whichever FWD is traded away.

I have a feeling the Wild want to try him out at center. Better to to that in Iowa than in the NHL.
31 mars 2021 à 16 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 2,794
Quoting: Caerii
Given how cap space accrues and contracts work, it should be fairly easy to move Johansson, Bonino and Bjugstad at the deadline if you find someone willing to pay for them.

We could also eat half and gain the cap space and roster spot we need.
Caerii a aimé ceci.
31 mars 2021 à 16 h 55
Quoting: wabit
Let him play big minutes in Iowa for the rest of the season. Give him a cup of coffee as an injury replacement if needed. No need to burn slide a year of his ELC by playing him more than a handful of NHL games. He's done all he can at the college/Jr level as a player, let him take the next step to the AHL and see how he does there. There isn't any reason to rush him into the NHL this year. He can get some of the gowning pains from learning the team's systems.

Parise and Foligno should be back sometime, and Sturm has earned a roster spot imo. So you'd be looking to move 2 FWDs for non-NHL players to make room for Boldy at that point. Don't make a trade or two just to make room for Boldy who may or may not be an improvement over MarJo. Bjugdtad, Parise, Sturm, or whichever FWD is traded away.

I have a feeling the Wild want to try him out at center. Better to to that in Iowa than in the NHL.

He is not a slide candidate, he will burn the first year regardless.
futurehofer et Lightman13 a aimé ceci.
31 mars 2021 à 16 h 56
MK458
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 928
He's burning the first year no matter what.

Oh yeah nvm
31 mars 2021 à 16 h 57
Démarrer sujet

They’re burning the first year and BG announced they see him as a wing.
Caerii a aimé ceci.
31 mars 2021 à 17 h 29
Quoting: jnowariak
They’re burning the first year and BG announced they see him as a wing.

With MN having 1.5 NHL centers (JEE and Rask) under contract for next year I really don't buy much of what BG is selling as far as FWD positions. Rossi will have played a handful of games in the last 1.5 years when camp starts next year. Khovanov has been doing well in the KHL minor league, but it would be a big jump from there to the NHL.

I also don't see any FWDs being sold off at the TDL this year. MN is basically in the Playoffs and depth for that is more important than the 3rd or 4th round picks MN's rentals will get (basically Staal value or less).
31 mars 2021 à 17 h 33
With MN having 1.5 NHL centers (JEE and Rask) under contract for next year I really don't buy much of what BG is selling as far as FWD positions. Rossi will have played a handful of games in the last 1.5 years when camp starts next year. Khovanov has been doing well in the KHL minor league, but it would be a big jump from there to the NHL.

I also don't see any FWDs being sold off at the TDL this year. MN is basically in the Playoffs and depth for that is more important than the 3rd or 4th round picks MN's rentals will get (basically Staal value or less).

Just because we're short on centers doesn't mean Boldy is going to be shoehorned into it. Kaprizov wasn't, Fiala wasn't, Greenway wasn't. As someone who thinks Boldy could successfully play center to a degree, he IS a winger, and that's where he plays his best hockey.
jnowariak et BStinson a aimé ceci.
31 mars 2021 à 17 h 34
Démarrer sujet

Hate to break it to you but Boldy’s a wing. His performance at BC and the WJC confirm that. He’s still a big two way guy but he’s a wing. Best to let him create the way he has.
BStinson a aimé ceci.
31 mars 2021 à 17 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Just because we're short on centers doesn't mean Boldy is going to be shoehorned into it. Kaprizov wasn't, Fiala wasn't, Greenway wasn't. As someone who thinks Boldy could successfully play center to a degree, he IS a winger, and that's where he plays his best hockey.

We’re agreeing on a lot today. Doesn’t happen often.
31 mars 2021 à 17 h 41

Greenway was a couple of years ago. Boldy played center for awhile in college and did okay at it, just couldn't get the points. Boldy is 19, 6'2" and 200 lbs not 5'10", 180ish, and 23.
31 mars 2021 à 17 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Greenway was a couple of years ago. Boldy played center for awhile in college and did okay at it, just couldn't get the points. Boldy is 19, 6'2" and 200 lbs not 5'10", 180ish, and 23.

I’m sorry, are suggesting you need to be big to play center?
31 mars 2021 à 17 h 47

I know all about Boldy and his time at BC, there's no sense in lecturing me.

Greenway was tried at center due to injuries and desperation, and he failed spectacularly. It's actually kind of ironic that you bring up Greenway as someone that was tried at center, and then try to use Boldy's size to justify the positional switch. Greenway is proof that it takes more than size to be a center, and sometimes bigger players are just better at wing.
futurehofer a aimé ceci.
31 mars 2021 à 18 h 32
I know all about Boldy and his time at BC, there's no sense in lecturing me.

Greenway was tried at center due to injuries and desperation, and he failed spectacularly. It's actually kind of ironic that you bring up Greenway as someone that was tried at center, and then try to use Boldy's size to justify the positional switch. Greenway is proof that it takes more than size to be a center, and sometimes bigger players are just better at wing.

I was just saying that he was tried there, and it wasn't because of injuries. It was at the start of the season and JEE was being played as a wing. Both JEE and Greenway should have spent time in the AHL, not rushed to the NHL. Neither of them were ready their first couple of seasons because of that.
Boldy should be in the AHL this year (wing, center, d-man or goalie for all I care), not the NHL. unless he shows he's ready. There isn't any need for him to be pushed/rushed when the roster is full of wings already.

I’m sorry, are suggesting you need to be big to play center?

It seems to matter, just look around the league. There aren't many small centers, even less if you only look at just the Playoff teams.
31 mars 2021 à 19 h 37
Démarrer sujet
I was just saying that he was tried there, and it wasn't because of injuries. It was at the start of the season and JEE was being played as a wing. Both JEE and Greenway should have spent time in the AHL, not rushed to the NHL. Neither of them were ready their first couple of seasons because of that.
Boldy should be in the AHL this year (wing, center, d-man or goalie for all I care), not the NHL. unless he shows he's ready. There isn't any need for him to be pushed/rushed when the roster is full of wings already.

It seems to matter, just look around the league. There aren't many small centers, even less if you only look at just the Playoff teams.

I find you 5 foot 10 inch Stanley cup winning Brayden Point.

Also, this idea that JEE and Greenway’s potential was somehow stunted by not playing in the AHL is a far too convenient whipping boy for the fact that both are fringe top 6 players. Neither had the vision or skill to be the players so many fans want them to be. Both players dominated at lower levels because they were physically mature at a younger age than their earlier competition, not that they weren’t “seasoned” enough in the AHL.
1 avr. 2021 à 2 h 2
Minnesota Wild
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 329
Quoting: TanSor

We can call him up in the playoffs because the cap doesn't exist in the playoffs. Roster limits go away after the TDL as long as you remain cap compliant and once the regular season is over, it's a free for all.

That's why people were mad a few years ago when Kane got hurt before the TDL and magically was 100% for game 1 of the playoffs because they could add and remain cap compliant with him on LTIR until the playoffs started then activate him. Same thing people are accusing Tampa of doing this year with Kucherov since he had surgery just before the season when they were in a massive cap crunch and he is expected to be back around the start of the playoffs.
jnowariak et TanSor a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2021 à 3 h 34

Also, this idea that JEE and Greenway’s potential was somehow stunted by not playing in the AHL is a far too convenient whipping boy for the fact that both are fringe top 6 players. Neither had the vision or skill to be the players so many fans want them to be. Both players dominated at lower levels because they were physically mature at a younger age than their earlier competition, not that they weren’t “seasoned” enough in the AHL.

Well done, you named 1 top-6 center in the league. Can you name another on a Playoff team right now without searching? Trocheck, I guess. So 2 of 32 possible top-6 centers (Playoff teams) are 5-10. Can you name 10 more centers 5-10 or less in the NHL? (Gourde, Domi, Haula, JGP, Hughes, and Kerfoot are all that come to my mind). Seems to back up my statement pretty well.

JEE played in the SHL, but never dominated there. It was obvious that he wasn't ready for the NHL his first 2 full seasons bouncing between the 3rd and 4th lines.
Greenway really didn't dominate on the USDP or in college. He didn't know how to use his huge body at all coming out of college and played a really timid game in his first 2 seasons. Boldy is way ahead of Greenway when you compare their stats at similar ages.

Dominating lower levels would be Rossi and Khovanov and their 2PPG seasons. Not guys like JEE/Greenway who couldn't get to a PPG.
1 avr. 2021 à 3 h 59
Quoting: futurehofer
We can call him up in the playoffs because the cap doesn't exist in the playoffs. Roster limits go away after the TDL as long as you remain cap compliant and once the regular season is over, it's a free for all.

That's why people were mad a few years ago when Kane got hurt before the TDL and magically was 100% for game 1 of the playoffs because they could add and remain cap compliant with him on LTIR until the playoffs started then activate him. Same thing people are accusing Tampa of doing this year with Kucherov since he had surgery just before the season when they were in a massive cap crunch and he is expected to be back around the start of the playoffs.

Kane and Zucker had the same injury (broken collarbone). It took Zucker 2 months to get back on the ice, Kane took about a week less than that. If it wasn't for the Playoffs starting he would have sat out another week to let it heal completely. Kane was an in-season injury that happened like a week before the TDL, not something you can plan the cap/TDL around. The TB/Kucherov thing is completely different animal.

Really roster limits don't matter this year with the taxi squad. MN has $1.5m cap space now and a projected $2,5m at the TDL (it could have been more but GMBG kept Mayhew and Rau on the active roster instead of working the taxi squad for cap space). There is enough cap room to fit Boldy on to the team if they want to.
1 avr. 2021 à 8 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Well done, you named 1 top-6 center in the league. Can you name another on a Playoff team right now without searching? Trocheck, I guess. So 2 of 32 possible top-6 centers (Playoff teams) are 5-10. Can you name 10 more centers 5-10 or less in the NHL? (Gourde, Domi, Haula, JGP, Hughes, and Kerfoot are all that come to my mind). Seems to back up my statement pretty well.

JEE played in the SHL, but never dominated there. It was obvious that he wasn't ready for the NHL his first 2 full seasons bouncing between the 3rd and 4th lines.
Greenway really didn't dominate on the USDP or in college. He didn't know how to use his huge body at all coming out of college and played a really timid game in his first 2 seasons. Boldy is way ahead of Greenway when you compare their stats at similar ages.

Dominating lower levels would be Rossi and Khovanov and their 2PPG seasons. Not guys like JEE/Greenway who couldn't get to a PPG.

“When you compare stats at similar ages.” That is precisely the difference, Boldy has more talent and therefore scores more than Greenway. Greener was just under a point in Ed game player at BU and his size, rather than his skill, facilitated that. Size allows you to mask skill deficiencies at the NCAA level. What hurt Greenway was not going pro after his first college year, he likely picked up bad habits in college he’s having a tough time breaking. But he was never going to be a 50/60 pt winger. Same holds true for Ek. He’s developed into a great defensive C that can put up 40ish points. Playing him in the AHL would not have developed his skills or vision, those are the intangibles you either have or don’t.
1 avr. 2021 à 11 h 55
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 140

CRAP! The Wild's best Centre prospect is 5'9"! Sounds like we should trade Rossi for 6'6" Logan Brown... but seriously size of a Centre does matter, can their be outliers who are undersized who can perform well at the position? Of course there will be outliers like the ones that were listed above. You'd still prefer the 9 inch smaller Rossi who has the more complete toolkit than Brown.
jnowariak a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage