Forums/Armchair-GM

Cup run

Créé par: DJSums17
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 22 mars 2021
Publié: 22 mars 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This is the year to go all in. Figure out the Expansion later.

I know I'm over the cap but if I'm not mistaken with pro rated contracts it'd fit under the under the cap. Not saying it's perfect but what would need to change?
Transactions
TOR
  1. Ekholm, Mattias
  2. Forsberg, Filip (3 000 000 $ retained)
  3. Granlund, Mikael (1 850 000 $ retained)
NSH
  1. Amirov, Rodion [Liste de réserve]
  2. Dermott, Travis
  3. Hollowell, Mac
  4. Kerfoot, Alexander
  5. Kokkonen, Mikko [Liste de réserve]
  6. Liljegren, Timothy
  7. Ovchinnikov, Dmitry [Liste de réserve]
  8. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (TOR)
  9. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
  10. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
Détails additionnels:
Condition in 4th if Leafs win the cup it becomes 1st.
TOR
  1. Subban, P.K. (4 500 000 $ retained)
  2. Vatanen, Sami (1 000 000 $ retained)
TOR
  1. Kuemper, Darcy (2 250 000 $ retained)
ARI
  1. Hirvonen, Roni [Liste de réserve]
  2. Mikheyev, Ilya
  3. Räsänen, Eemeli [Liste de réserve]
  4. Vatanen, Sami
  5. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (TOR)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2081 500 000 $81 505 616 $0 $0 $-5 616 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Predators de Nashville
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 1
1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
G
UFA - 2
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
821 667 $821 667 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AG, AD
RFA - 4
775 000 $775 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
G
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 mars 2021 à 15 h 51
The 1 True GM
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 160
Why do people have this obsession with Subban????
22 mars 2021 à 15 h 53
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,193
NSH counters by asking how many 4th round picks would it take to trade for Matthews.
22 mars 2021 à 15 h 54
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Quoting: Sean4417

Because Subban is having an underrated season
22 mars 2021 à 15 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 319

Personally I haven't seen many posts on him but I love his game. The Leafs have the best medical staff in the league and if anyone can figure out what's slowing him down it's them. I think it's a good fit.
22 mars 2021 à 15 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: gmgb
NSH counters by asking how many 4th round picks would it take to trade for Matthews.

I don't see the comparison. Theres 2 other picks in the trade and the 4th is conditional making it a 1st plus there's like 5 B or higher prospects. What more do you want??
22 mars 2021 à 15 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Devil1122
Because Subban is having an underrated season

No I have liked him since he before he played for the Habs.
22 mars 2021 à 16 h 1
Quoting: DJSums17
I don't see the comparison. Theres 2 other picks in the trade and the 4th is conditional making it a 1st plus there's like 5 B or higher prospects. What more do you want??

The point I was trying to illustrate is that it's a quantity for quality offer. A ton of marginal assets isn't going to get any of NSH's best pieces.
22 mars 2021 à 16 h 6
The 1 True GM
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 160
The point I was trying to illustrate is that it's a quantity for quality offer. A ton of marginal assets isn't going to get any of NSH's best pieces.

Bundled up into one ridiculous trade it just looks like a lot of nonsense... but if broken down into 3 separate deals then it actually would be adequate for the 3
DJSums17 a aimé ceci.
22 mars 2021 à 16 h 10
Démarrer sujet

1st of all their best pieces are Ellis and Josi.

2nd Preds are rebuilding why would they want someone at the same caliber right now?? They get quality and quantity in the trade anyway. I can see all those pieces making the NHL and most are going to be at least top 4 or middle 6. Amirov can be 1st line which is the future replacement for Forsberg. (Not saying Amirov is as good as Forsberg that's just his potential that I've heard from a few people.

But fine what are you changing? You still haven't said that.
22 mars 2021 à 16 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Bundled up into one ridiculous trade it just looks like a lot of nonsense... but if broken down into 3 separate deals then it actually would be adequate for the 3

Thank you. I did quantity like that so it can be separated if something needed to be changed.
22 mars 2021 à 16 h 49
1st of all their best pieces are Ellis and Josi.

2nd Preds are rebuilding why would they want someone at the same caliber right now?? They get quality and quantity in the trade anyway. I can see all those pieces making the NHL and most are going to be at least top 4 or middle 6. Amirov can be 1st line which is the future replacement for Forsberg. (Not saying Amirov is as good as Forsberg that's just his potential that I've heard from a few people.

But fine what are you changing? You still haven't said that.

When I called this group NSH's best pieces, I was referring to the ones that could conceivably be traded right now. It was more of a generality, not meant to be taken it as any sort of official ranking of Preds players (if we were ranking them on talent I'd have Forsberg and Ekholm higher than Ellis, but I digress).

I think you're overvaluing the futures from the Leafs here, but even if they all pan out to your estimations it's still bad value for the Preds. A bunch of middle six type players won't help a rebuild as much as a couple high end pieces. If Poile can somehow be convinced to trade Forsberg with a whopping $3M in retention, it's going to take elite prospects to convince him - Perfetti, Jarvis, Caufield type prospects. A bunch of Hollowells and Kokkonens isn't going to cut it, no matter how many you add to the deal. If NSH wants to stock up on B prospects or equivalent picks, they can accomplish that by trading off guys like Haula and Cousins.

I'm not changing anything, just rejecting the proposal altogether. It's not close enough to be workable. From NSH's perspective a package like this would have to start with Robertson, Sandin, multiple 1sts level assets, before you start filling it out with the kind of lesser pieces you're offering here.
GeauxPreds1 a aimé ceci.
22 mars 2021 à 17 h 18
Démarrer sujet
When I called this group NSH's best pieces, I was referring to the ones that could conceivably be traded right now. It was more of a generality, not meant to be taken it as any sort of official ranking of Preds players (if we were ranking them on talent I'd have Forsberg and Ekholm higher than Ellis, but I digress).

I think you're overvaluing the futures from the Leafs here, but even if they all pan out to your estimations it's still bad value for the Preds. A bunch of middle six type players won't help a rebuild as much as a couple high end pieces. If Poile can somehow be convinced to trade Forsberg with a whopping $3M in retention, it's going to take elite prospects to convince him - Perfetti, Jarvis, Caufield type prospects. A bunch of Hollowells and Kokkonens isn't going to cut it, no matter how many you add to the deal. If NSH wants to stock up on B prospects or equivalent picks, they can accomplish that by trading off guys like Haula and Cousins.

I'm not changing anything, just rejecting the proposal altogether. It's not close enough to be workable. From NSH's perspective a package like this would have to start with Robertson, Sandin, multiple 1sts level assets, before you start filling it out with the kind of lesser pieces you're offering here.

Ellis is a player I've liked for years so that might be biased over Forsberg but not Ekholm. I like both of them but Ellis gets the edge imo.

Lilegren is touted to be in the same ranking as Sandin and Robertson and in some eyes so is Amirov so there's your 2 top tier prospects and I've added a guaranteed 1st and a conditional 1st and a 2nd in next year's draft which GMs will have a better idea of what will be in it cause players will be playing and scouted. Plus a bunch of middle of the pack prospects. I'm still not sure what the issue is. I gave quality and quantity. I'd only trade Sandin if the Leafs resign Rielly. I don't see Leafs trading Robertson unless they are getting a young forward or defence back with more term then 2 years.
22 mars 2021 à 17 h 31
I like to hockey
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 215
Ellis is a player I've liked for years so that might be biased over Forsberg but not Ekholm. I like both of them but Ellis gets the edge imo.

Lilegren is touted to be in the same ranking as Sandin and Robertson and in some eyes so is Amirov so there's your 2 top tier prospects and I've added a guaranteed 1st and a conditional 1st and a 2nd in next year's draft which GMs will have a better idea of what will be in it cause players will be playing and scouted. Plus a bunch of middle of the pack prospects. I'm still not sure what the issue is. I gave quality and quantity. I'd only trade Sandin if the Leafs resign Rielly. I don't see Leafs trading Robertson unless they are getting a young forward or defence back with more term then 2 years.

I believe I heard in the 31 thoughts podcast that in most GMs eyes, Liljegren is by far the number 3 of that group and there are a lot of concerns about him. To me, Amirov is a solid top 6 player but not a guaranteed top line guy. The rest of those players just seem like extra pieces and don't really move the needle much in that deal. The first and second are good but a conditional 4th that can be a first does not seem like a good bet for a team that has struggled to find playoff success. You're much better off trimming the fat from that deal and narrowing in on just one of those three.
22 mars 2021 à 17 h 59

Amirov and Liljegren are a tier below Sandin and Robertson in my mind, but Sandin and Robertson aren't guys I'm salivating for anyway - they're just the best prospects TOR has to offer. If NSH were to trade all three of the players here, I think they'd do a lot better trading them to multiple teams. Even if a buyer had all of the appropriate higher end picks and prospects to acquire all three assets in one swoop, I can't think of anyone who'd mortgage that much of their future just for the next year or two.

The best pieces in the return here just aren't good enough for NSH, given how much they're giving up and the significant salary retention you're asking for. The amount of mid-levelish prospects and role players added in doesn't really make a difference, if the pieces NSH would want aren't there in the first place.
DJSums17 a aimé ceci.
22 mars 2021 à 18 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: tgasp67
I believe I heard in the 31 thoughts podcast that in most GMs eyes, Liljegren is by far the number 3 of that group and there are a lot of concerns about him. To me, Amirov is a solid top 6 player but not a guaranteed top line guy. The rest of those players just seem like extra pieces and don't really move the needle much in that deal. The first and second are good but a conditional 4th that can be a first does not seem like a good bet for a team that has struggled to find playoff success. You're much better off trimming the fat from that deal and narrowing in on just one of those three.

Oh Lily is 3rd in my eyes too that's why I used him but to say he isn't close to their value is silly. The others aren't just throw in. They have value too.

I'd go after 2 at least. Not just 1. If I'm Dubas Ekholm is my #1 priority then Granlund. Leafs don't need Forsberg but he'd just be icing on the cake.
22 mars 2021 à 18 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Amirov and Liljegren are a tier below Sandin and Robertson in my mind, but Sandin and Robertson aren't guys I'm salivating for anyway - they're just the best prospects TOR has to offer. If NSH were to trade all three of the players here, I think they'd do a lot better trading them to multiple teams. Even if a buyer had all of the appropriate higher end picks and prospects to acquire all three assets in one swoop, I can't think of anyone who'd mortgage that much of their future just for the next year or two.

The best pieces in the return here just aren't good enough for NSH, given how much they're giving up and the significant salary retention you're asking for. The amount of mid-levelish prospects and role players added in doesn't really make a difference, if the pieces NSH would want aren't there in the first place.

Amirov maybe but not Lily. He might be slightly less value then the other 2 but he's not in a separate tier but I do understand the thinking of not trading all 3 I was doing that cause I wanted to see the value of them. I don't mind taking out Forsberg but that takes out A LOT of those assets.
22 mars 2021 à 19 h 16
Amirov maybe but not Lily. He might be slightly less value then the other 2 but he's not in a separate tier but I do understand the thinking of not trading all 3 I was doing that cause I wanted to see the value of them. I don't mind taking out Forsberg but that takes out A LOT of those assets.

I actually would rate Amirov well above Liljgren. I follow the Marlies too, and attend a lot of their games (before this season anyway). Liljegren doesn't impress me much, honestly. I don't like his defensive game at all. I can't see him ever being a 2nd pair defenseman at the next level.
22 mars 2021 à 20 h 24
I like to hockey
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 215
Oh Lily is 3rd in my eyes too that's why I used him but to say he isn't close to their value is silly. The others aren't just throw in. They have value too.

I'd go after 2 at least. Not just 1. If I'm Dubas Ekholm is my #1 priority then Granlund. Leafs don't need Forsberg but he'd just be icing on the cake.

They have value but not the kind of value that would make Nashville want to trade away Ekholm and Forsberg. Dermott and Kerfoot aren't guys that are going to play up the lineup unless your team is in bad shape and seem thrown in just to make the salary work. The other prospects and picks are mostly darts to throw at a dart board but will most likely be depth players to round out a lineup. Amirov, Liljegren, and that guaranteed first are the main selling points for Poile to show to the fans and owners and imo, that is a tough sell when you are trading two leaders and premium assets and another very good player.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage