Pull a Tampa Bay- Chicago

Créé par: MatthewsFan
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 19 mars 2021
Publié: 19 mars 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This idea comes from Stephen Brown about Anderson. AND I LIKE IT

There was a recent article that suggested Anderson is dealing with an undisclosed injury. Well, Leafs put him on LTIR while they wait for Kuemper to pass through he's two week quarantine period and then take him off once the playoffs start. This would work if Campbell stays healthy and can hold down the #1 job tho. A very big IF. Is this likely or even possible, probably not, but it's the only way I can see them adding another goalie mid-season. I would even be hesitant even trading for Kuemper since he is also pretty injury prone.

But this on paper would be a Stanley Cup contender IMO

If trades are off open to suggestions
Transactions
ARI
  1. Abramov, Mikhail
  2. Anderson, Joey
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (TOR)
TOR
  1. Foligno, Nick (2 750 000 $ retained)
  2. Savard, David (2 125 000 $ retained)
CBJ
  1. Hollowell, Mac
  2. Kerfoot, Alexander
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (TOR)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $72 783 908 $0 $0 $8 716 092 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
821 667 $821 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 4
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
-1 375 000 $-1 375 000 $
AG, C, AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
-1 062 500 $-1 062 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 4
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
874 125 $874 125 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
863 333 $863 333 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG
UFA - 2
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AG, C, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
19 mars 2021 à 13 h 43
NoWah49
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,432
someone on here told me the Leafs have like 5 games in the next 2 weeks, so if there was a time to do this, it'd be now
MatthewsFan et LeafsForLife a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2021 à 13 h 54
Roster Architect
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 909
I feel like it's an okay idea, but what most writers don't understand is the use of LTIR. There's more cap implications than just removing the salary until the playoffs; one of the big is actually if a team is using LTIR cap space at the deadline, the players the trade for don't come at the pro-rated amount, they come at their full cap hit. It would make things tight with the cap, and if Campbell can stay healthy is risky. But if they're comfortable with all that and can make it work cap wise, it's a good idea.

I feel like the trades are off a bit though. Kuemper would be in high demand if he became available so I think a better prospect or a young NHL roster player would be the start. Same for Savard, just in high demand which would likely increase the price.

Good work though!
19 mars 2021 à 13 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Quoting: Hockey_Nerd
I feel like it's an okay idea, but what most writers don't understand is the use of LTIR. There's more cap implications than just removing the salary until the playoffs; one of the big is actually if a team is using LTIR cap space at the deadline, the players the trade for don't come at the pro-rated amount, they come at their full cap hit. It would make things tight with the cap, and if Campbell can stay healthy is risky. But if they're comfortable with all that and can make it work cap wise, it's a good idea.

I feel like the trades are off a bit though. Kuemper would be in high demand if he became available so I think a better prospect or a young NHL roster player would be the start. Same for Savard, just in high demand which would likely increase the price.

Good work though!

Wasn't my idea but I like the logic behind it if the Leafs want to improve the goaltending position this year. I don't see anyone taking on Anderson, even if he is only owed 1mil in actually dollars this year, but placing him on LTIR would work. I just really liked the idea
TrueCanuck et LeafsForLife a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2021 à 14 h 2
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,385
Quoting: NoWah49
someone on here told me the Leafs have like 5 games in the next 2 weeks, so if there was a time to do this, it'd be now

Problem is you can't just put a player on LTIR for cap space it is called cap circumvention and there are serious penalties. A player has to be EXPECTED to miss a minimum of 10 games or 30 days to go on LTIR, also that has to be determined by a doctor, it is not just the team that says they will be without said player. No doctor is going to risk their career by issuing a false statement and being caught as he can lose his license to practice medicine and all credibility with the NHL and NHLPA. The doctor also has to clear the player as fit to play before he can be removed from LTIR. Nice try though.
19 mars 2021 à 14 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Campabee
Problem is you can't just put a player on LTIR for cap space it is called cap circumvention and there are serious penalties. A player has to be EXPECTED to miss a minimum of 10 games or 30 days to go on LTIR, also that has to be determined by a doctor, it is not just the team that says they will be without said player. No doctor is going to risk their career by issuing a false statement and being caught as he can lose his license to practice medicine and all credibility with the NHL and NHLPA. The doctor also has to clear the player as fit to play before he can be removed from LTIR. Nice try though.

I agree, but if Anderson is dealing with an injury that would he would need an extend period of time off to deal with, this works. There is a lot of teams upset with how Tampa is treating Kucherov situation, so lets not say that this doesn't happen. The Hawks did the same thing with Kane; For those who may not be aware Kane was injured and put in LTIR which freed up about 6 million of cap this allowed the Hawks to acquire Vermette,Desjardins, and Timmonen due to the freed up space at the trade deadline and with no cap being in place for the playoffs this allowed Kane to come back and still have Vermette and co in the line up still technically being over the original cap limit that was in place for the regular season.
19 mars 2021 à 14 h 11
Quoting: LeafsfanMathews
I agree, but if Anderson is dealing with an injury that would he would need an extend period of time off to deal with, this works. There is a lot of teams upset with how Tampa is treating Kucherov situation, so lets not say that this doesn't happen. The Hawks did the same thing with Kane; For those who may not be aware Kane was injured and put in LTIR which freed up about 6 million of cap this allowed the Hawks to acquire Vermette,Desjardins, and Timmonen due to the freed up space at the trade deadline and with no cap being in place for the playoffs this allowed Kane to come back and still have Vermette and co in the line up still technically being over the original cap limit that was in place for the regular season.

But he is not, he admitted that he has a minor injury but nothing he is not capable of playing through. So this is entirely just a way to try to circumvent the cap.

Here's what Andersen had to say about what's going on right now:

"I'm not really where I want to be, obviously. I think I'm working towards just getting to as good as possible. But I think everyone goes through a season where you'll have something going on. It's just a matter of how well you can manage it and play through it.

I don't think anyone's going to have a season where you don't feel a little bit (banged up) here and there, and you try to do the best you can to manage it and play as well as you can."
19 mars 2021 à 14 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
But he is not, he admitted that he has a minor injury but nothing he is not capable of playing through. So this is entirely just a way to try to circumvent the cap.

Here's what Andersen had to say about what's going on right now:

"I'm not really where I want to be, obviously. I think I'm working towards just getting to as good as possible. But I think everyone goes through a season where you'll have something going on. It's just a matter of how well you can manage it and play through it.

I don't think anyone's going to have a season where you don't feel a little bit (banged up) here and there, and you try to do the best you can to manage it and play as well as you can."

Again, in the description I don't think this will happen or possible, just a different take on how they might be able to upgrade the goalie position. Neither one of us are on the Maple Leafs health staff, so it's anyone's guess to what Anderson is dealing with
19 mars 2021 à 14 h 28
Again, in the description I don't think this will happen or possible, just a different take on how they might be able to upgrade the goalie position. Neither one of us are on the Maple Leafs health staff, so it's anyone's guess to what Anderson is dealing with

Again Freddie himself said it was not a major injury just something he needs to play though. You don't need to be on the Leafs medical staff to see that this is just a Leafs fans way to try to circumvent the cap!
19 mars 2021 à 14 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Again Freddie himself said it was not a major injury just something he needs to play though. You don't need to be on the Leafs medical staff to see that this is just a Leafs fans way to try to circumvent the cap!

Well, now I hope it happens just for your sake. Again, I don't believe this will happen, but was an interesting take.
LeafsForLife a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2021 à 14 h 52
Well, now I hope it happens just for your sake. Again, I don't believe this will happen, but was an interesting take.

And I hope it happens so I can laugh at the Leafs for the penalties they will get if they try something so stupid!
19 mars 2021 à 15 h 9
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 196
And I hope it happens so I can laugh at the Leafs for the penalties they will get if they try something so stupid!

More stupid than insulting someone’s idea that (probably won’t, but) might work? As they’ve stated in the description and several times in the comments.
Byrr et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2021 à 15 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

But you are totally cool with how Tampa is handling the Kucherov situation. The Leafs Habs hate runs deep lol
19 mars 2021 à 15 h 14
Quoting: LeafsForLife
More stupid than insulting someone’s idea that (probably won’t, but) might work? As they’ve stated in the description and several times in the comments.

I was not insulting the idea, I described several times why the idea wouldn't work you just keep rejecting the facts like Anderson himself saying it was a minor nagging injury. I said that putting a player on LTIR who is NOT a long term injury was a stupid idea, in terms of the doctors careers potentially being ended and the penalties being handed down for cap circumvention.
19 mars 2021 à 15 h 17
But you are totally cool with how Tampa is handling the Kucherov situation. The Leafs Habs hate runs deep lol

Where did I say I was cool with the way Tampa is handling Kucherov? I think they are flirting with the same dangers as the Leafs would be if caught. IMO the Leafs and Habs could both be doing the same thing as Tampa but with Anderson and Chiarot but both teams have more integrity than that, which I am a huge fan of.
19 mars 2021 à 15 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Where did I say I was cool with the way Tampa is handling Kucherov? I think they are flirting with the same dangers as the Leafs would be if caught. IMO the Leafs and Habs could both be doing the same thing as Tampa but with Anderson and Chiarot but both teams have more integrity than that, which I am a huge fan of.

You didn't, my bad, meant to say Are you
19 mars 2021 à 15 h 30
You didn't, my bad, meant to say Are you

I list the Habs and Avs as my 2 favorite teams but third on the list is the Leafs. I don't want to see anyone benefit from cheating, I want to see the Leafs and Habs face off in the division final without stooping to the level of Tampa who are for all intense and purposes cheating their way through the season. My hope is that the NHL sees what Tampa is doing and shores up that loophole in the offseason before a team wins the cup through cheating.
19 mars 2021 à 15 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
I list the Habs and Avs as my 2 favorite teams but third on the list is the Leafs. I don't want to see anyone benefit from cheating, I want to see the Leafs and Habs face off in the division final without stooping to the level of Tampa who are for all intense and purposes cheating their way through the season. My hope is that the NHL sees what Tampa is doing and shores up that loophole in the offseason before a team wins the cup through cheating.

I am with you, again, I liked the take IF Anderson was dealing with a serious injury that only time off could help. With the Leafs having ZERO goalie depth I'm sure Freddy would play through almost anything knowing that he is legitimately the only option the Leafs have outside of Campbell, who deals with his on injury history, to keep the Leafs afloat. But I am with you I don't see this happening
Campabee a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2021 à 17 h 31
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 196
I was not insulting the idea, I described several times why the idea wouldn't work you just keep rejecting the facts like Anderson himself saying it was a minor nagging injury. I said that putting a player on LTIR who is NOT a long term injury was a stupid idea, in terms of the doctors careers potentially being ended and the penalties being handed down for cap circumvention.

I’ve read a lot about the CBA and LTIR. You’re right about the LTIR and cap circumvention and it would be a bad idea (in my opinion) to try it. However, the idea at the top of this thread was a good idea, considering the thread starter was unaware of these rules. It’s highly unlikely but maybe Dubas will pull off something like Lamoriello did with Lupul.
19 mars 2021 à 18 h 0
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 45
As a Coyotes fan, I can tell you that's a great deal. One of the few from Leafs' fans that actually accurate and fair. Good work.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage