So who do you think is the best option
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

16 mars 2021 à 21 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,918
Modifié 16 mars 2021 à 23 h 42
Based on Dubas interview yes Toronto is open for business but there are 3 things to note

1. Would prefer a rental (Seattle be lurking)
2. Would be willing to give a top prospect (dont see it happening unless its for a big rental --> Hall)
3. Is focused on getting a forward and not a Defenseman nor a Goalie. Things could change on the Dman side but no guarantees.

based on that 3 names came to mind

1. Brassard (cheap 3c option and with retention only will cost 500k)
2. Granlund (wanted to join the team but we did not have the space. with 50% retention leafs can carry his 1.875mill cap hit)
3. Iafallo (may be expensive to get but with retention and his skillset could be a worth while investment)

All should not be overly expensive to get and with retention their cap hits are manageable for us.

Bobby Ryan was also a name but because of the injury dont see it.

But hey leave your thoughts as to who you think Dubas will get
17 mars 2021 à 2 h 3
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,621
I have not thought of a name but was thinking that if the Leafs have an injury on D going into the playoffs, would you want Sanding, Liljegren or Marincin stepping in?

I personally would not want any of these players in the lineup in playoff games. It's not because I think they will not be part of the long-term plans, just that there's not much experience there and the playoffs are not the time to be giving young players experience.

This is why I would like to see Dubas acquire a D. Yeah all the fascination is in getting a forward or two but what happens if there's an injury at D?
BigDaddyOvech a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2021 à 11 h 4
Save Ukrane, end war
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 783
Quoting: oneX
I have not thought of a name but was thinking that if the Leafs have an injury on D going into the playoffs, would you want Sanding, Liljegren or Marincin stepping in?

I personally would not want any of these players in the lineup in playoff games. It's not because I think they will not be part of the long-term plans, just that there's not much experience there and the playoffs are not the time to be giving young players experience.

This is why I would like to see Dubas acquire a D. Yeah all the fascination is in getting a forward or two but what happens if there's an injury at D?

Yeah I could see them trading for a cheap rental on D, nothing crazy but just provide a bit of depth.

Any reason why they haven't called Robertson back up? Or is he still hurt? I'm thinking add him and Simmonds once he's health and there's your depth back in the forward group. Heck even give Galch a chance to play 3c or something. I'd prefer they don't trade away any current roster players but if they're gonna go after anyone who's worth getting, even with salary retention on the other side, they'll have to trade someone away to fit under cap. No guarantees in that scenario we would end up better.
oneX a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2021 à 11 h 45
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,184
Granlund is probably going to be a leaf by the end of the week. Feel free to roast me one week from now when I am wrong.

But seriously, he seems like the guy they will get. Friedman said they are interested in him (he was the "mystery forward", and they reportedly wanted to sign him but he was too much money), he's cheap in money/cap, so you don't have to give up a roster player (provided it's 50% retained), he'd likely be cheap to acquire (2nd round pick) and he's a rental and Nashville is selling. Also, Ekholm could accompany Granlund to the leafs, and the leafs send, Sandin and Kerfoot for example. Makes a lot of sense to me.
5 avr. 2021 à 14 h 1
Go leafs go
Quoting: Saskleaf
Granlund is probably going to be a leaf by the end of the week. Feel free to roast me one week from now when I am wrong.

But seriously, he seems like the guy they will get. Friedman said they are interested in him (he was the "mystery forward", and they reportedly wanted to sign him but he was too much money), he's cheap in money/cap, so you don't have to give up a roster player (provided it's 50% retained), he'd likely be cheap to acquire (2nd round pick) and he's a rental and Nashville is selling. Also, Ekholm could accompany Granlund to the leafs, and the leafs send, Sandin and Kerfoot for example. Makes a lot of sense to me.

Timing was way off. One week after this the leafs had only made the Lehtonen blockbuster.
But it's still possible Granlund to the leafs will be right...
5 avr. 2021 à 22 h 44
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,621
Quoting: BigDaddyOvech
Yeah I could see them trading for a cheap rental on D, nothing crazy but just provide a bit of depth.

Any reason why they haven't called Robertson back up? Or is he still hurt? I'm thinking add him and Simmonds once he's health and there's your depth back in the forward group. Heck even give Galch a chance to play 3c or something. I'd prefer they don't trade away any current roster players but if they're gonna go after anyone who's worth getting, even with salary retention on the other side, they'll have to trade someone away to fit under cap. No guarantees in that scenario we would end up better.

Sorry I didn't realize you asked a question in there LoL.

Robertson is only just starting rehab for his injury as he only just got access to the Leafs medical staff/facilities just this past week.

Personally, I'd be very careful about giving him much time with the Leafs once healthy. It has nothing to do with his ability and more to do with not having played at all.

Just give him time with the Marlies for the rest of this season and maybe he makes the jump to the big club next season.
BigDaddyOvech a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2021 à 10 h 14
Go leafs go
Timing was way off. One week after this the leafs had only made the Lehtonen blockbuster.
But it's still possible Granlund to the leafs will be right...

Ok, so they got Folingo. I might have thought that if Granlund wasn't the guy. They overpayed for him big time, he better work out.
12 avr. 2021 à 12 h 42
sbinalla
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 357
oleksiak
12 avr. 2021 à 12 h 43
sbinalla
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 357
Ok, so they got Folingo. I might have thought that if Granlund wasn't the guy. They overpayed for him big time, he better work out.

they did not over pay when there paying 25% of his contract and the 1st rounders gonna be a late one
12 avr. 2021 à 12 h 47
Go leafs go
Quoting: maplelaughs2297
they did not over pay when there paying 25% of his contract and the 1st rounders gonna be a late one

Don't get me wrong, I think Folingo is a very smart add, but it likely Columbus gets the better long term player here. It's a good trade though because Folingo might be the missing piece for the leafs playoff run.
12 avr. 2021 à 22 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,918
man I was almost right with my predictions lul

Foligno technically is Hall level through different means and Granlund would have come if the preds werent in a playoff spot.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage