Forums/Armchair-GM

After season before expansion draft

Créé par: HabsFan33
Équipe: 2020-21 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 15 mars 2021
Publié: 15 mars 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I suppose that Coyotes fans would want Romanov instead of Guhle?

Just wondering how much it would take to get Chychrun. And, certainly not saying that Arizona has to trade him obviously. Just trying to get an idea of value.

As the title says, this happens after the season and prior to expansion draft.

The main pieces imo in the trade are Caufield, Guhle, Struble and the picks for Chychrun. Does ARI need more? If yes, how much more (or who)?
Transactions
MTL
  1. Chychrun, Jakob
  2. Emberson, Ty [Liste de réserve]
ARI
  1. Byron, Paul
  2. Caufield, Cole [Liste de réserve]
  3. Guhle, Kaiden
  4. Kulak, Brett
  5. Struble, Jayden [Liste de réserve]
  6. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (MTL)
  7. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (CHI)
  8. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (WSH)
  9. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (MTL)
Détails additionnels:
Coyotes can use the extra picks received to make a deal with Seattle so they take Byron in the expansion draft.
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de TBL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de VGK
Logo de MTL
Logo de OTT
Logo de PHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $74 391 309 $0 $3 137 500 $7 108 691 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
2 125 000 $2 125 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C
UFA - 1
4 800 000 $4 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 083 333 $3 083 333 $
C
UFA - 1
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 2
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 5
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 6
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 6
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
4 350 000 $4 350 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
735 000 $735 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
G
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
737 500 $737 500 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG/DD
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
15 mars 2021 à 14 h 38
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,576
I don't know why Arizona would trade Chychrun, who is one of the two defensemen the Coyotes have whom they would protect from Seattle in the expansion draft, but I do know that Montreal aren't about to trade Cole Caufield.
Subbanator7667 et Campabee a aimé ceci.
15 mars 2021 à 14 h 38
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,448
Why? Let Romanov be the top 4 d next year. This team needs caufield
OldNYIfan et Campabee a aimé ceci.
15 mars 2021 à 16 h 21
Make it Work
Mentions "j'aime": 174
Seriously, a 9 for 2 trade? And 3 1st rounders at that.
Montreal will be using the extra picks they own to make a deal with Seattle so they take someone else in the expansion draft.
15 mars 2021 à 16 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 46
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I don't know why Arizona would trade Chychrun, who is one of the two defensemen the Coyotes have whom they would protect from Seattle in the expansion draft, but I do know that Montreal aren't about to trade Cole Caufield.

Quoting: Howisjulienstillhere
Why? Let Romanov be the top 4 d next year. This team needs caufield

I don't normally reply to comments on my posts for a variety of reasons. First, most of the time users of this website do not read thoroughly any description provided in the Team explanation dialogue box or the descriptions within the trade boxes. Secondly, it is of my opinion that about only 10% of users here are knowledgeable about hockey and have the basic understanding of the workings of the NHL as it relates to trades and/or signings.

Now, to respond to both of yours comments. First, I clearly stated that Arizona doesn't have to trade Chychrun. The point of this post is to gauge the value needed from Montreal to get such a player from Arizona. I feel like I overpaid in terms of prospects/picks in this scenario. To get a player like Chychrun, MTL would have to overpay.

Although the sample size is small, Romanov is clearly not ready for top 4 duties yet. There was a point in the first period on Saturday night where Romanov had no idea where to position himself in his own d-zone. He's got tremendous upside but should not be rushed at all. Getting a player like Chychrun would allow us to keep Romanov on third pair. We would just need to find a veteran RD to play with him so that he can progress on his natural side. Another unfortunate habit he's developing in the last 10-12 games is skating around the ice looking for the big hit!!! He's even crossed over to his partner's side in the neutral zone attempting one of these hits. I think patience is needed with Romanov before he becomes the next Mete. I bring up Victor Mete because that's exactly what MTL did to him. Because of the poor job by MB in the summer of 2017, MTL had no LHD capable of top 4 minutes. Then comes this young, small D that can skate and everybody wet their pants because "finally" MTL has a partner for Weber. Mete couldn't handle the load and because Habs were desperate, failed to notice the flaws in his game. He has no shot, cannot defend his zone physically and provides no offence. The only thing he's really good at is skating, which should allow him to be a 6-7th defenseman in the NHL for the next 4-5 yrs at the most. Watch any game he's played in this year and you'll see a kid trying to do too much just to show that he thinks he belongs. If he kept it simple and was more efficient with the puck, it might be easier for Ducharme and staff to keep him in the lineup. But right now, every game he plays makes hard to justify keeping him in there. With the Chiarot injury, I'd rather have Ouellet play or even give another shot to Fleury on the right side!

Now, as for Caufield, I don't understand why so many on here think he's going to be great at the NHL level? While looking at a player's performance in the World Juniors is not an indication of future success, it should still be used to provide insight on one's potential for success at the next level. And, while I feel that US college hockey is certainly more competitive than 10 yrs ago, I wouldn't call it an elite league. Especially, if you compare it to Major Junior. Success in college rarely (I know there are exceptions) translates to the NHL. In two WJC, Caufield only managed 7 pts in 12 games and was a -3 while playing in the top 6. The other 5 players in the top 6 played in both tournament and produced double digit points. And, as for his performances in Wisconsin, I would venture a guess and say that the level of competition is nowhere near what it is at the WJC. At 5'7 and 160 lbs, he is not the type of player needed in MTL. We've had small forwards for the longest time. Don't see why Habs bend over backwards to make room for him. Next year, we already have Anderson, Gallagher and Toffoli at RW. And potentially, Armia and Perry could be resigned. Most likely they won't but if one of them is, there's no room for Caufield in the lineup. Habs will need to focus on LH left wingers with speed, size and scoring ability. I realize there have been (and currently are) small forwards that have had plenty of success in the NHL but those players had more tools in the toolbox than Caufield. Again, with a small sample size from the WJC (as I don't see any Wisconsin games), Caufield's only weapon is a great shot. He's not a very good skater (nor is he fast), not sure he'll be reliable defensively and I fear the first big hit he takes in the show will permanently scar him! Now, the reason I include him in the trade is because everybody else thinks he's a great, can't miss prospect. I don't believe it. But if it gets us a 22 year old d-man like Chychrun, sign me up!!!!
15 mars 2021 à 16 h 42
Once a Kings Fan Too
Mentions "j'aime": 24,576
Quoting: HabsFan33
I don't normally reply to comments on my posts for a variety of reasons. First, most of the time users of this website do not read thoroughly any description provided in the Team explanation dialogue box or the descriptions within the trade boxes. Secondly, it is of my opinion that about only 10% of users here are knowledgeable about hockey and have the basic understanding of the workings of the NHL as it relates to trades and/or signings.

Now, to respond to both of yours comments.
{omitted for brevity}

Now, as for Caufield, I don't understand why so many on here think he's going to be great at the NHL level? While looking at a player's performance in the World Juniors is not an indication of future success, it should still be used to provide insight on one's potential for success at the next level. And, while I feel that US college hockey is certainly more competitive than 10 yrs ago, I wouldn't call it an elite league. Especially, if you compare it to Major Junior. Success in college rarely (I know there are exceptions) translates to the NHL. In two WJC, Caufield only managed 7 pts in 12 games and was a -3 while playing in the top 6. The other 5 players in the top 6 played in both tournament and produced double digit points. And, as for his performances in Wisconsin, I would venture a guess and say that the level of competition is nowhere near what it is at the WJC. At 5'7 and 160 lbs, he is not the type of player needed in MTL. We've had small forwards for the longest time. Don't see why Habs bend over backwards to make room for him. Next year, we already have Anderson, Gallagher and Toffoli at RW. And potentially, Armia and Perry could be resigned. Most likely they won't but if one of them is, there's no room for Caufield in the lineup. Habs will need to focus on LH left wingers with speed, size and scoring ability. I realize there have been (and currently are) small forwards that have had plenty of success in the NHL but those players had more tools in the toolbox than Caufield. Again, with a small sample size from the WJC (as I don't see any Wisconsin games), Caufield's only weapon is a great shot. He's not a very good skater (nor is he fast), not sure he'll be reliable defensively and I fear the first big hit he takes in the show will permanently scar him! Now, the reason I include him in the trade is because everybody else thinks he's a great, can't miss prospect. I don't believe it. But if it gets us a 22 year old d-man like Chychrun, sign me up!!!!

Thanks for the well-reasoned and entirely courteous response to my comment. It was a pleasure to read the rationale for your evaluation.

That being said, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by my descendant Badger. But I may be biased.
HabsFan33 a aimé ceci.
15 mars 2021 à 16 h 55
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,448
Modifié 15 mars 2021 à 17 h 0
Quoting: HabsFan33

Now, to respond to both of yours comments. First, I clearly stated that Arizona doesn't have to trade Chychrun. The point of this post is to gauge the value needed from Montreal to get such a player from Arizona. I feel like I overpaid in terms of prospects/picks in this scenario. To get a player like Chychrun, MTL would have to overpay.

Although the sample size is small, Romanov is clearly not ready for top 4 duties yet. There was a point in the first period on Saturday night where Romanov had no idea where to position himself in his own d-zone. He's got tremendous upside but should not be rushed at all. Getting a player like Chychrun would allow us to keep Romanov on third pair. We would just need to find a veteran RD to play with him so that he can progress on his natural side. Another unfortunate habit he's developing in the last 10-12 games is skating around the ice looking for the big hit!!! He's even crossed over to his partner's side in the neutral zone attempting one of these hits. I think patience is needed with Romanov before he becomes the next Mete. I bring up Victor Mete because that's exactly what MTL did to him. Because of the poor job by MB in the summer of 2017, MTL had no LHD capable of top 4 minutes. Then comes this young, small D that can skate and everybody wet their pants because "finally" MTL has a partner for Weber. Mete couldn't handle the load and because Habs were desperate, failed to notice the flaws in his game. He has no shot, cannot defend his zone physically and provides no offence. The only thing he's really good at is skating, which should allow him to be a 6-7th defenseman in the NHL for the next 4-5 yrs at the most. Watch any game he's played in this year and you'll see a kid trying to do too much just to show that he thinks he belongs. If he kept it simple and was more efficient with the puck, it might be easier for Ducharme and staff to keep him in the lineup. But right now, every game he plays makes hard to justify keeping him in there. With the Chiarot injury, I'd rather have Ouellet play or even give another shot to Fleury on the right side!

Definitely understand both sections. Romanov could be a top 4 d next year, plus you could always make a play of Ekholm. Montreal has so many d prospects like Romanov and guhle ,Harris and norlinder that I wouldn’t want to clog up that side for several years especially moving caufield.

As for caufield, every sign points to him being good. Even if he’s a mike Hoffman type of player(30 goals with pp goals as well) he’ll be very valuable and important. I don’t like using the wjc as he wasn’t used properly. He needs a creative centre and even a creative winger. Also he needs pp time not only for numbers but for confidence. Toffoli plays lw this year so there is plenty of space for caufield. Could you acquire Chychrun and sign Hoffman, of course. Until this team gets one more dynamic forward who can score, I wouldnt move caufield. Also caufield skating is solid and he’s got good hands and can setup plays
HabsFan33 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage